Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/7/14 - 7/13/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 502 by kewl0210 , Bleach 588 (2)
New Reply
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 104

Thread: Gantz 379 Discussion/380 Prediction Thread

  1. #61
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Country
    Morocco
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,499
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Gantz 379 Discussion/380 Prediction Thread

    @Damura

    Nishi killing Gonde ? No way in hell, that guy must be one of the most useless characters I've ever seen at all... It's Kei or perhaps Katou if Kei dies that would take him, but I still believe Kei is the one who's gonna do it

    Shonen or not, a main character is still a main character you know

  2. #62
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Coolperson1145's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    91
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Gantz 379 Discussion/380 Prediction Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Zehahaha View Post
    @Damura

    Nishi killing Gonde ? No way in hell, that guy must be one of the most useless characters I've ever seen at all... It's Kei or perhaps Katou if Kei dies that would take him, but I still believe Kei is the one who's gonna do it

    Shonen or not, a main character is still a main character you know
    Nishi? Useless? Please, he was probably one of the most important characters in the series. The TT wouldn't have learned about Katastrophe if he wasn't revived. Hell, he was probably the most knowledgeable of the Gantz missions. Sure Kei is the main character, but Oku is known for having the balls to kill off an entire cast of characters before. Remember the Buddha mission? Remember when Hinawa killed Kei? Then again, we're talking about the "new Oku" here so we'll just have to wait and see.

  3. #63
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Damura's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Country
    Australia
    Age
    22
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,488
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Gantz 379 Discussion/380 Prediction Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Zehahaha View Post
    @Damura

    Nishi killing Gonde ? No way in hell, that guy must be one of the most useless characters I've ever seen at all... It's Kei or perhaps Katou if Kei dies that would take him, but I still believe Kei is the one who's gonna do it

    Shonen or not, a main character is still a main character you know
    Lol, I disagree. Nishi has just had bad luck. As far as I'm concerned he's made all the right moves in battle but he's been fucked by bullshit after bullshit. The only stupid shit he's ever done has been to transfer himself to the mech without his own means of getting home. Why on earth he trusted the guys that sent a hundred Gantzers on a suicide mission to bring him home I'll never know.

    It's very clear now that Kei is the big hero but... he didn't have to be. That's what I like about a bit of an ensemble cast; anyone can be the hero. It feels very contrived as it is that Kei has to be the one to stop Gonde. Literally anybody else could have taken out his brother, and where would we be then?

    @coolperson: he does have a point though. Every time Nishi makes a move he dies. And he didn't contribute much by mentioning Katastrophe.. it's not as if that information made any difference at all.

    Still, he has taken out several high level aliens in Osaka/Italy and he almost saved the human race from the Giants if it wasn't for Kei (though interestingly he would have actually died in the process since the zaibatsu were already dead lol).

    ---------- Post added at 12:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:43 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by GAT-X252 View Post
    Is the "mothership" supposed to be a different ship than the one that landed in Tokyo? Anyway...i bet Nishi is still alive but i don't know how he is gonna escape, if they are different ships then Nishi would have to travel first to the mothership in order to be transfered by the only functional sphere.

    Well, maybe he can steal a flying bike and travel through space until Earth like Kurono did.
    I don't think so. Gonde showed up on the Tokyo ship the first time (I mean, why would the zaibatsu operate on multiple ships?) and as soon as the Tokyo ship launched into space the TT has been stuck there... Plus the way the giants are panicking it seems like there is only one ship. It's still unclear though. This story is just a big mess lol.
    Last edited by Damura; March 29, 2013 at 11:47 PM.

  4. #64
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Country
    Morocco
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,499
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Gantz 379 Discussion/380 Prediction Thread

    Even with all his knowledge he fuckin died against Tanaka alien... How ridiculous is that ? Even Kei managed to survive back then without the suit... Talk about pathetic.

    Oku had the balls to kill any character, because he knew he'd revive them again, same with Tae too, if he hadn't thought about the ball reviving people, I doubt he'd have done it, or else Miura in Berserk could've killed the entire main cast too, but alas there's no way to revive them, so the story would just end.

    It's as if you guys don't read this manga at all, look at Kei, look at Nishi, look who's better, Kei obviously, and what is the difference ? One actually has balls and fights for SOMETHING/SOMEONE, one is just an edgy teen in lack of attention, no depth at all, that is why he's the most useless guy there, I'd put him in the same position as the Osaka team who thought they knew their shit only to end up dead

    Oku has been trying to make a point here since the Oni Alien arc IMO : Someone who fights with heavy burden on his shoulders will always do better than some edgy teen who thinks this is fun, Oku made Nishi die, Osaka Team, the only one who reedemed himself a bit on my eyes is Izumi in the end. Also someone who faces dangers straight on will always prevail than someone who uses tricks like Nishi... Again, Kei and Katou are the perfect example of that
    Last edited by Zehahaha; March 31, 2013 at 08:08 AM.

  5. #65
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Country
    Ireland
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Gantz 379 Discussion/380 Prediction Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by kliff2004 View Post
    When did Kei become an Average Gantzer?

    Kei has always been fairly exceptional compared to the other gantzer's. But the only real proof is the Oni fight where he took the boss on solo and did the best, and the Angel mission where he actually defeated a statue.

    You need you remember, this is Kei 1. Kei 1 has been fucking ROCKING this entire arc. Kei 1 KILLED Blondie's brother.

    That's probably not an easy feat, so I don't see why Kei is being discredited.

    Discredited so much that you're actually frustrated that the main character of the series is taking the spot light.

    I think if the Gantz alien arc took place after this battle, the feeling of this battle would be a little different.

    But never the less, earth is still at stake right now. That is a big deal, even if the mystery is over.

    Kei vs Blondie has been for-shadowed FOREVER.

    Why you would hope for anything else is nuts man.

    Shit, even I thought it was stupid that Kaze and that white bitch were gonna get together. AND THEN THEY DID!

    I like this fight.

    Kei reminds me of Sepheroth >__>

    Edit.

    Whats really a shame is that everything that happened in the room with the Gantz alien won't matter. Since it was just several hundred at most People that witnessed it.

    Lol, and Kei 1 doesn't know jack shit about it either. Hey, this battle still matter's alot for Kei 1 at least.
    Kei 1 isn't really Kei 1, remember Gantz copies you when you die, which means the original Kei is actually dead and Kei 1 is just a clone as well as the one who died earlier.

  6. #66
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ruhina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Country
    Antarctica
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    933
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Gantz 379 Discussion/380 Prediction Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Zehahaha View Post
    Even with all his knowledge he fuckin died against Tanaka alien... How ridiculous is that ? Even Kei managed to survive back then without the suit... Talk about pathetic.

    Oku had the balls to kill any character, because he knew he'd revive them again, same with Tae too, if he hadn't thought about the ball reviving people, I doubt he'd have done it, or else Miura in Berserk could've killed the entire main cast too, but alas there's no way to revive them, so the story would just end.

    It's as if you guys don't read this manga at all, look at Kei, look at Nishi, look who's better, Kei obviously, and what is the difference ? One actually has balls and fights for SOMETHING/SOMEONE, one is just an edgy teen in lack of attention, no depth at all, that is why he's the most useless guy there, I'd put him in the same position as the Osaka team who thought they knew their shit only to end up dead

    Oku has been trying to make a point here since the Oni Alien arc IMO : Someone who fights with heavy burden on his shoulders will always do better than some edgy teen who thinks this is fun, Oku made Nishi die, Osaka Team, the only one who reedemed himself a bit on my eyes is Izumi in the end. Also someone who faces dangers straight on will always prevail than someone who uses tricks like Nishi... Again, Kei and Katou are the perfect example of that
    Nishi is basically a character with knowledge and experience, without plot armor.

    If you want to go into the technicals, the Tanaka alien mission was ridiculous with how many times Kei escaped death. All the other Gantzers lost their suits to whatever mook alien they fought, except for Kei naturally. When he gets surrounded in the house it takes half a dozen aliens 3-4 pages to charge up, and he kills them all by shooting a hole in the floor? When he gets lifted by the boss alien it takes it several pages to try and kill him, when the last person who got lifted, he died within a panel. C'mon, that's nothing but plot device.

    Nishi on the other hand, revealed his location by stepping on a baby alien, then the Tanaka IMMEDIATELY fires at him and busts his stealth. Then he loses his suit by PUNCHING THE ALIEN. WTF??? Also he got shot by the X-gun before the mission started, which is lovely. Because in mission 5 it takes several volleys to deplete the suit but one is enough to bring it down below half. The Tanaka alien didn't kill Nishi dude, Oku did.

  7. #67
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Damura's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Country
    Australia
    Age
    22
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,488
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Gantz 379 Discussion/380 Prediction Thread

    ^

    He has the same bad luck that Inaba has, only he's actually technically good at what he does.

    Plus, he refuses to work as a team. He does seem to want to help certain people out - demonstrated by attempts to save Kei, Izumi and Katou - but his personality makes it impossible to gain the trust and support of others. He's someone that if he could get over himself he could become a real asset to the team. Oh well.

    ---------- Post added at 08:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:08 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Zehahaha View Post
    Oku has been trying to make a point here since the Oni Alien arc IMO : Someone who fights with heavy burden on his shoulders will always do better than some edgy teen who thinks this is fun, Oku made Nishi die, Osaka Team, the only one who reedemed himself a bit on my eyes is Izumi in the end. Also someone who faces dangers straight on will always prevail than someone who uses tricks like Nishi... Again, Kei and Katou are the perfect example of that
    This has proven true more or less, with teamwork usually being the key to success, but otherwise that statement is completely retarded. You should understand that the only reason Kei is still alive is because he's the main character. It's plot armor, pure and simple. That kind of 'power of the heart' bullshit is popular in manga but it's not particularly prevalent here with the exception of the final fight.

    ---------- Post added at 08:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:13 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Destructotron View Post
    Kei 1 isn't really Kei 1, remember Gantz copies you when you die, which means the original Kei is actually dead and Kei 1 is just a clone as well as the one who died earlier.
    Obviously, lol. No one is claiming any different.

  8. #68
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member EMS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    konoha.
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,954
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Gantz 379 Discussion/380 Prediction Thread

    Nishi was a freaking pussy that cries mommy, every time that he felt the di$$ in his ass, he got info about gantz and the end of the world but nothing more nothing less..
    living in the darkness and now with a new light, i will raise to a new beginning...

  9. #69
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Posts
    18,291
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Gantz 379 Discussion/380 Prediction Thread

    I think the issue is that nishi was simply never much of a fighter even more than him being trolled by the author. As far as we saw nishi never did actually engage in a fight. His approach to dealing with aliens was more along the lines of being invisible and sneaking up on then. While nishi was watching others die and enjoying it the rest was fighting the aliens with all their might and doing everything they could to survive. In the end nishi was simply a guy who hid and shot while the others learned how to fight. At some point cheap tricks were not enough and defeating aliens started requiring actual skill and power. The guys who fought aliens head on and as a team got stronger while nishi remained a douche who cowardly avoided combat and people. Even Izumi pointed out that the strength level of the aliens gradually grew and the dinosaurs aliens were actually more dangerous than what they had been fighting until that point. In the end nishi simply died when cheap tricks stopped being enough and team work and strength were required.

  10. #70
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Damura's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Country
    Australia
    Age
    22
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,488
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Gantz 379 Discussion/380 Prediction Thread

    @kkck: would like to point out that tactics didn't matter. EVERYONE got fucked up no matter what. The only reason any of them are still alive is because Gantz can heal. You take that out of the equation and everybody would be dead by this point.

    Plus, their 'teamwork and strength' consistently fails them. In Osaka they would have all died were it not for Host Samurai putting himself on the line to distract Nurarihyon.

    Nishi's tactics are the way to go. Swordfighting fucking aliens is asking for trouble. If anything, it's only when the aliens started using cheap tricks that Nishi fell into trouble

    ---------- Post added at 09:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:06 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by EMS View Post
    Nishi was a freaking pussy that cries mommy, every time that he felt the di$$ in his ass, he got info about gantz and the end of the world but nothing more nothing less..
    What's wrong with a bit of normal human emotion? Obviously he doesn't handle pressure as well as the heroes of the show Katou and Kei, but that's ok.
    Last edited by Damura; April 02, 2013 at 08:08 PM.

  11. #71
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Posts
    18,291
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Gantz 379 Discussion/380 Prediction Thread

    Well, yeah, gants healing everyone did play a huge part here but that does not mean tactics and teamwork did not help them survive. The training everyone did actually did teach the lot of them how to fight and how to handle themselves in battle. I am not arguing everything was perfect either, they were effectively at war and war has casualties. The manga did show the gantzters had to swordfight aliens a lot, and not because they were just insane, sometimes the guns were just not enough. The guns were powerful however the damage they caused was limited. If I do recall there were a few enemies that would not have died from guns but on the other hand a single sword slice (remember the swords could extend themselves) could chop it in half. Guns were good against weaker aliens however the stronger ones at large could actually take the gunshots. In this scenarios the extending swords were a superior way to deal more damage (swords could generally cut just about anything except for the italian aliens) and provided with a way for the gantzters to defend themselves. There is a reason why the use of swords became so commonplace later in the manga, because it was damn effective. Heck, if nishi could have actually fought by himself or would have had a sword with him he would not have been caught and killed by those robot birds. There is a reason why izumi, the swordsman, made it to 100 points before nishi, the one whose only game was invisibility and shoot.

  12. #72
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Otaku400's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Country
    Germany
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    56
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Gantz 379 Discussion/380 Prediction Thread

    I think and hope Nishi is still alive.
    I think Kei wins the fight with Gonde but the Mothership will also destroy the earth. maybe than Nishi destroy the Tower.

    When Nishi where dead i think Oku have show the dead body from Nishi.
    But the last time wie saw Nishi he was in the mecha.
    Someday a User will appear to save the whole Internet.

  13. #73
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Damura's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Country
    Australia
    Age
    22
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,488
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Gantz 379 Discussion/380 Prediction Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    Well, yeah, gants healing everyone did play a huge part here but that does not mean tactics and teamwork did not help them survive. The training everyone did actually did teach the lot of them how to fight and how to handle themselves in battle. I am not arguing everything was perfect either, they were effectively at war and war has casualties. The manga did show the gantzters had to swordfight aliens a lot, and not because they were just insane, sometimes the guns were just not enough. The guns were powerful however the damage they caused was limited. If I do recall there were a few enemies that would not have died from guns but on the other hand a single sword slice (remember the swords could extend themselves) could chop it in half. Guns were good against weaker aliens however the stronger ones at large could actually take the gunshots. In this scenarios the extending swords were a superior way to deal more damage (swords could generally cut just about anything except for the italian aliens) and provided with a way for the gantzters to defend themselves. There is a reason why the use of swords became so commonplace later in the manga, because it was damn effective. Heck, if nishi could have actually fought by himself or would have had a sword with him he would not have been caught and killed by those robot birds. There is a reason why izumi, the swordsman, made it to 100 points before nishi, the one whose only game was invisibility and shoot.
    Izumi hit 100 points first because he was more proactive. Nishi didn't have a sword because Oku hadn't thought of that yet lol

  14. #74
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    278
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Gantz 379 Discussion/380 Prediction Thread

    Keep in mind that Izumi left the room a year before Kurono showed up. Nishi was soloing missions alone for about a year. We can all agree that Izumi was far superior than Nishi

  15. #75
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Damura's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Country
    Australia
    Age
    22
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,488
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Gantz 379 Discussion/380 Prediction Thread

    Are you sure it was a year? I don't recall that, however we know Nishi couldn't have survived too many missions. At the end of #1 he received only 5 points, and that was very low for him.

New Reply
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts