Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo
New Reply
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 141

Thread: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 96, 97 and 98 Discussion/Predictions

  1. #1
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Kaoz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Country
    Germany
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,228
    Post Thanks / Like

    Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 96, 97 and 98 Discussion/Predictions

    Chapter 96 RAW
    Chapter 97 RAW
    Chapter 98 RAW


    Summaries:

    Spoiler: Chapter 96 show


    Spoiler: Chapter 97 show


    Spoiler: Chapter 98 show

  2. #2
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fayte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Country
    United States
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,758
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 96, 97 and 98 Discussion/Predictions

    So Shuuji and Omagari are playing doubles against Sanada and Akutsu. Not what I was hoping would happen, but it is fine for now. I just hope Sanada doesn't become a doubles player from now on. He needs to be in singles. Because Omagari is obviously the HS version of Akutsu, that means Shuuji has a similar connection with Sanada. I'm going to guess perhaps Shuuji's playstyle is a lot like Yukimura. That way it will be sort of like a "This is what would happen if Sanada played Yukimura but not really." (Like Fuji playing Niou) Maybe not, though. It's just odd that Sanada is without an accurate HS personality counterpart. I thought it would be Oni but I guess not.

  3. #3
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LetalHawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Country
    Spain
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,475
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 96, 97 and 98 Discussion/Predictions

    I don't see Shuuji and Oomagari winning to be honest. Both Sanada and Akutsu suffered a lost in the past and they're right now here to show us a win. I expect BA to kick in at the half of the match. Then Shuuji and Oomagari, seeing they can't score past Sanada, aim for Akutsu, and he gets cornered but Sanada somehow saves him and both of them create a new type of Synchro.

    Maybe this doubles pair (Oomagari/Shuuji) is just a makeshift pair, or they're really the top doubles team in All-Japan. Anyways, I didn't see that one coming up and it really pisses me off that Shuuji isn't a singles player.

    Ryoma failed at returning the wall shattering shot. And he asked his own brother to teach him, just a poorly excuse to play against him. I see Echizen vs Ryoga with Ryoma winning and Yukimura losing against Byodouin or Kazuya plays.

    Lastly, we finally were able to witness Oni's true strength, that completely destroyed Kintarou, and in a pinch, a miracle happened, he got Tenimuhou. I'm sorry, but Kintarou's going to win this match from now on. He will make an epic comeback from 5-0 to and beat Oni in the last set badly (altough Oni's going to fight back, he won't win right now).

    So next month probably the match should end with Kin-chan's win, the start of the next doubles match and probably Ryoma playing.

  4. #4
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Kaoz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Country
    Germany
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,228
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 96, 97 and 98 Discussion/Predictions

    I think Tanegashima is a singles player, but something like this happened:

    Normal G10 Line-up:
    D3: Ochi/Mouri
    S3: Duke
    D2: Kimijima/Tohno
    S2: Tanegashima
    D1: Kaji/Ohmagari
    S1: Byoudouin
    Reserve: No. 4

    Now if we assume that Oni > Tanegashima, which doesn't seem unlikely at this point and remove Kaji, we get:
    D3: Ochi/Mouri
    S3: Duke
    D2: Kimijima/Tohno
    S2: Oni
    D1: Tanegashima/Ohmagari
    S1: Byoudouin
    Reserve: Ryoga

    Of course one could now ask why Tanegashima didn't move to S3 and Duke to D1, but given what we've seen from the previous shuffles, i.e. the winners and losers swap positions, I think it can be assumed that something similar happened here. Alternatively, Tanegashima is just a much better doubles player than Duke is or something.

  5. #5
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Hardy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Outer Heaven
    Country
    Argentina
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,717
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 96, 97 and 98 Discussion/Predictions

    No bro no reserves.

    1234 are all singles, 5/6, 7/8 , 9/10 are doubles, but Oni shit on everyone when he said "bye Kaji, and I'm not playing doubles bishes".

  6. #6
    Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Beika City
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,365
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 96, 97 and 98 Discussion/Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by Fayte View Post
    I'm going to guess perhaps Shuuji's playstyle is a lot like Yukimura. That way it will be sort of like a "This is what would happen if Sanada played Yukimura but not really." (Like Fuji playing Niou) .
    I see little relevance with the Yuki VS Sanada thing.
    Nobody in the tie-break currently has the person they played against in the tie-break in there sights.
    It would be a bit lame and just empty of Sanada and of Konomi if he has all these HSers who play overseas and he is just making Sanada aim to compete with his best friend who as far as we know doesn't live far from him making him look as lame as Akutsu has recently trying to play Ryoma then Ryoma first, underlining he doesn't care about Akutsu and secondly he is simply better than Akutsu lol.

    And at this stage, Sanada has Black Aura and 10ball(Pending), so its not like we need to discuss that overall Sanada should take the win if they met each other on the court. If we take into account Yukimura hasn't necessarily reached new heights at all. He's just learned how to hammer those weaker than him even worse than before.

    Whereas in Fuji's case, Fuji was definitely weaker than Tezuka without question prior to playing Niou.

    I would be annoyed if Tanegashima's playing style is like Yukimura's. Wouldn't you?
    Yukimura's tennis style isn't necessarily exciting. He's only been fun to watch because he's played people with exciting tennis styles (Ryoma & Sanada).
    How boring would it be if Tanegashima was just another Mouri Jusaburo? I'll be pissed.

    Quote Originally Posted by Fayte View Post
    It's just odd that Sanada is without an accurate HS personality counterpart. I thought it would be Oni but I guess not.
    You've brought something interesting up with this though.
    In a way... Oni is a counterpart in terms of personality. Sanada hid Rai. Oni just had more beastly abilities to hide. Both are serious, Sanada in that chapter where he told Ryoma to not go overboard confirmed his role as Court Leader of 2nd Court for me. Oni has been a Court Leader too.

    For other counterparts...
    Tokugawa is like a combo of Yukimura + Tezuka imo.
    Kirihara -> Tohno
    Akutsu -> Ohmagari
    Niou -> Irie I guess? I dunno

    Well... Atobe, Fuji and Shiraishi are really popular characters without personality counterparts. I think Konomi is keeping the G10 as unique characters and only No.11-20 as half-assed crap.
    Last edited by Airgrimes; March 06, 2013 at 03:39 PM.

  7. #7
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Hardy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Outer Heaven
    Country
    Argentina
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,717
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 96, 97 and 98 Discussion/Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    For other counterparts...
    Tokugawa is like a combo of Yukimura + Tezuka imo.
    Kirihara -> Tohno
    Akutsu -> Ohmagari
    Niou -> Irie I guess? I dunno

    Well... Atobe, Fuji and Shiraishi are really popular characters without personality counterparts. I think Konomi is keeping the G10 as unique characters and only No.11-20 as half-assed crap.
    Atobe - Kaji, but we never saw him
    Fuji - no one... why would you want an Hs with Fuji's personality?
    Shiraishi... I dunno, Nakagauchi?

  8. #8
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member -Ken-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Country
    Thailand
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,351
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 96, 97 and 98 Discussion/Predictions

    Atobe can be related to Irie in a way. They both look down on people. And Irie have "Understanding" which can be consider to be similar to WoI.

    Shirashi? His style aren't hard to find in SPoT. Fuwa, Mouri. Eh.

    Fuji...? I'm not looking for his version of things. His style is kinda boring.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

    If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

  9. #9
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fayte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Country
    United States
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,758
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 96, 97 and 98 Discussion/Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    It would be a bit lame and just empty of Sanada and of Konomi if he has all these HSers who play overseas and he is just making Sanada aim to compete with his best friend who as far as we know doesn't live far from him.
    Sanada already did the same thing with Tezuka. Gets beat by Tezuka and spends the next three years seeking revenge. Atobe already did the same thing with Sanada. Gets beat by Sanada and spends the next two years trying to surpass him. Not to mention what I already said about Fuji playing Niou-Shiraishi/Tezuka. What about Chitose seeking revenge on Tachibana? What about Kirihara wanting to surpass Renji/Sanada/Yukimura? What about Echizen wanting to surpass Tezuka, Nanjiroh, Kazuya, and Ryoga? What about Kintarou wanting to surpass Oni? What about Kazuya wanting to surpass Byoudouin? What about Byoudouin wanting to surpass Oni?

    In light of this, is it really hard to believe Konomi would make Sanada want to surpass Yukimura?

    Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes
    I would be annoyed if Tanegashima's playing style is like Yukimura's. Wouldn't you?
    How boring would it be if Tanegashima was just another Mouri Jusaburo? I'll be pissed.
    I have been waiting for Shuuji to play since panel 1. Of course I would be pissed. I'm not saying what I "want" to happen, I'm saying what I can see Konomi doing.


    As for the personality doppelgangers, deep down I still think Konomi is going to connect Oni and Sanada somehow. Here's why:
    1. In the manga, Oni specifically points out "That black cap guy is quite disciplined."
    2. In the Sanada/Atobe pair puri, Oni says something like "I would like to train that Sanada guy"
    3. Oni and Sanada are both leaders of their respective courts.
    4. Oni and Sanada are both all-rounders known for their physical strength and stature.
    5. Oni and Sanada are both serious and intense individuals.
    6. Oni and Sanada both have extremely powerful gut-breaking techniques.
    7. Oni and Sanada both hid their true abilities.
    8. When Sanada had the spotlight in his match with Yukimura, the author purposely draws the reaction of Oni specifically.
    9. When Oni had the spotlight in his match with Kintarou, the author purposely draws the reaction of Sanada specifically.

  10. #10
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member -Ken-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Country
    Thailand
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,351
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 96, 97 and 98 Discussion/Predictions

    @Fayte, I think it's reasonable. If Sanada lose before to Tezuka in a humillating way 3 years ago before he obtain his Sun Tzu tech, that's the same case right now with Yukimura. He doesn't lose to Echizen badly, and hell, we all know he hid his tech, so we know he could win that match easily if he wants to. I do think Sanada want to surpass Yukimura.

    And while I agree with you that Tanegashima style could be similar to Yukimura, I really hope not. Pretty much the same reason you had.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

    If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

  11. #11
    Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Beika City
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,365
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 96, 97 and 98 Discussion/Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by Fayte View Post
    Sanada already did the same thing with Tezuka. Gets beat by Tezuka and spends the next three years seeking revenge. Atobe already did the same thing with Sanada.
    Tezuka and Sanada weren't best friends, Yukimura ALSO wiped Sanada 6-1 or something when Tezuka beat Sanada lol. Its not the same at all.
    Atobe wasn't aiming for Sanada specifically like Sanada was for Tezuka.
    Atobe went to Rikkai to challenge the strong. proof of this is that he noticed Yukimura and immediately challenged him.
    I didn't know Atobe spent two years trying to surpass Sanada, if I could have a page to that please.
    I didn't know there was ever a panel on Atobe's mind saying Sanada was his target.

    Quote Originally Posted by Fayte View Post
    Not to mention what I already said about Fuji playing Niou-Shiraishi/Tezuka.
    Unlike this scenario, Tezuka was unquestionably better than Fuji.
    While in this scenario, Sanada with BA + the pending 10ball must be better than Yuki without question. Since from 10ball there becomes an ability jump.

    Quote Originally Posted by Fayte View Post
    What about Chitose seeking revenge on Tachibana? What about Kirihara wanting to surpass Renji/Sanada/Yukimura?
    Yeah, we had Kirihara mention he wants to beat them. Sanada hasn't stated he wants to beat Yuki lol.
    Tachibana took out Chitose's eye. Nothing like that has happened with Sanada/Yuki

    Quote Originally Posted by Fayte View Post
    What about Echizen wanting to surpass Tezuka, Nanjiroh, Kazuya, and Ryoga? What about Kintarou wanting to surpass Oni? What about Kazuya wanting to surpass Byoudouin? What about Byoudouin wanting to surpass Oni?

    In light of this, is it really hard to believe Konomi would make Sanada want to surpass Yukimura?
    Sure but...This is the second time Yukimura has beaten Sanada. So I don't see why Sanada would suddenly want to target him this time.

    I'm not saying you're wrong, but personally I don't see Sanada aiming for Yukimura with a tunnelled vision like with Tezuka.
    He's lost to Yuki twice. He chose to target Tezuka instead of Yuki back when they were kids so I don't really see him getting worked up over a little tie-break game loss.

  12. #12
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member ashore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    292
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 96, 97 and 98 Discussion/Predictions

    is it safe to assume, that sanada chose akutsu to be his partner while he saw akutsu return ryoga's multi ball shots?

    did sanada see kintarou go TnK? or was he spying on ryoma, ryoga, and akutsu at the time.

    Do you want kintarou to win? how would that mess the power rankings. if Kintarou > Oni, and Oni > Byoudouin (in the past), then kintarou is close to Byoudouin's level?
    taht's unrealisitic logic to compare who's stronger if you beat another person. I dont think kintarou will win though.

    also i'm not sure but I got the feeling that Byoudouin and oni played a 2nd match to determine who was the strongest? was there any conversation in
    the manga that supports that conclusion. Oni seems to talk to Byoudouin with respect.

    do you see ryoma facing Byoudouin? since ryoma wants to learn that dimensional imbued ball that ryoga just showed him.

  13. #13
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member -Ken-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Country
    Thailand
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,351
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 96, 97 and 98 Discussion/Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by ashore View Post
    is it safe to assume, that sanada chose akutsu to be his partner while he saw akutsu return ryoga's multi ball shots?

    did sanada see kintarou go TnK? or was he spying on ryoma, ryoga, and akutsu at the time.
    I see Oni crushing Kintarou. So I assume he was there the entire time.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

    If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

  14. #14
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,168
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 96, 97 and 98 Discussion/Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by ashore View Post
    is it safe to assume, that sanada chose akutsu to be his partner while he saw akutsu return ryoga's multi ball shots?
    I think Sanada just has the common 'all top tier players know each other' deal, sort of like how Tezuka knows Shiraishi is more dangerous than Chitose despite never playing either of them (Seigaku never got very far in nationals prior to this year).

  15. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  16. #15
    Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Beika City
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,365
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 96, 97 and 98 Discussion/Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by Phantron View Post
    I think Sanada just has the common 'all top tier players know each other' deal, sort of like how Tezuka knows Shiraishi is more dangerous than Chitose despite never playing either of them (Seigaku never got very far in nationals prior to this year).
    Agreed.
    Somehow Rikkai guys knew all about Kite. Not like they've ever f***ing been to Kyushuu but they all knew lol.

New Reply
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts