Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 600 (2) , Gintama 514 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 96, 97 and 98 Discussion/Predictions

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 96, 97 and 98 Discussion/Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by Hardy View Post
    Ryoga will teach him how to return that move, then Ryoma will face Byoudoin... and someone else will play an official match against Ryoga.
    After setting up a Tokugawa vs Byoudouin matchup for about a year, that would be a pretty massive bait and switch.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Hardy's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KuwabaraTheMan View Post
    After setting up a Tokugawa vs Byoudouin matchup for about a year, that would be a pretty massive bait and switch.
    Meh, Tokugawa will probably play against him and lose (then Ryoma comes and finishes the job)... I don't see him winning at all.

3. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member -Ken-'s Avatar
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

Meh, Tokugawa will probably play against him and lose (then Ryoma comes and finishes the job)... I don't see him winning at all.
    Tokugawa had been initially hyped and thought as the new strongest HSes ever since the beginning of SPoT. Now, we knows about Oni, Shuuji and all, but... It'll be just just kind of sad.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I think Tokugawa will play Byodouin and he'll drop the first set, win the second set and then collapse because he ran out of energy, and then Ryoma plays the final set and win. That way it'd be like Byodouin lost but he basically played two guys in a row, and Tokugawa will probably get a moral victory like 'well he had overseas exposures against world class opponent he would have won', and Ryoma still gets his wins.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fayte's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

When it comes to Shuuji and Sanada, I'm at a loss. I REALLY want to see both of them play. The problem is, I wanted to see both of them win. Shuuji walks around nonchalant like he owns the place, and I think that is the mark of an awesome character. Notwithstanding the fact there is nobody more entertaining than Sanada. Everyone wants to see Sanada get all serious, say a badass line, then make the opponent change their pants after getting hit by Rai.

When it comes to Oni vs Kintarou, there are only two outcomes that wouldn't drastically ruin everything:

1) The match gets interrupted and nobody wins.
    2) Oni has his own aura to bridge the gap (black aura?)

If Kintarou wins at this point in time, that ruins Oni and the entire tier system.
    If Oni wins at this point in time, that ruins Kintarou and the entire tier system.

What I said are the only valid choices Konomi can make.

Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fayte View Post
    When it comes to Shuuji and Sanada, I'm at a loss. I REALLY want to see both of them play. The problem is, I wanted to see both of them win. Shuuji walks around nonchalant like he owns the place, and I think that is the mark of an awesome character. Notwithstanding the fact there is nobody more entertaining than Sanada. Everyone wants to see Sanada get all serious, say a badass line, then make the opponent change their pants after getting hit by Rai.
    I want to to see Shuuji+Sanada vs Akutsu+no 6. Then I can be 100% sure which side to cheers for. Right now, I'm not sure. Probably Sanada+Akutsu. I like both of them. I like Shuuji a fair bit too, but I don't like no 6 all that much at all.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Brandnewkid's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

This next doubles match features four of some of the strongest players we've seen in NPoT. Akutsu's a genius, Sanada's pretty much the second-best after Ryoma from coming down the mountain, Shuji's numero dos, and Ohmagari's a jackass, I guess.

If Konomi fucks it up I just may be done with NPoT for good.

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Prince Of Tennis Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 96, 97 and 98 Discussion/Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by KuwabaraTheMan View Post
    Not to mention the fact that it would put Kintarou far above Ryoma, who isn't capable of returning the wall smashing shot, even though he has Tenimuhou and 10 balls at once.
    It would put Kintaro above Ryoma for now, and Konomi will make them equal.
    Konomi likes to portray Kintaro immediately behind Ryoma. They will be equal again i'm sure.

If Kintarou wins at this point in time, that ruins Oni and the entire tier system.
    If Oni wins at this point in time, that ruins Kintarou and the entire tier system.

What I said are the only valid choices Konomi can make.
    Well there we are. This is the situation we have here.

Notwithstanding the fact there is nobody more entertaining than Sanada.
    This is probably true. I'm not a fan but his tennis when animated?
    Its just so good to watch. Along with Kintaro and Fuji. I don't care for their character's much in the Nationals OVA their tennis styles allow me to easily list down my fav. episodes.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member ashore's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm honestly waiting for this to end...

I mean, in PoT I knew that Ryoma was the protagonist, I knew that Seigaku was the main team and I had to "cheer" (I don't know any other way to say it) Seigaku, and follow their adventures till the Nationals' finals.

In SPoT... do I "cheer" the Ms? The black jackets? WTF is going to happen after this, what is it prupose?

I mean, it's like watching a tennis tournament without having a favourite player... yeah, it's entertaining, but it's not the same.

this feels like a marathon tryouts, that will last 3 years from teh manga readers point of view. Maybe there will be international teams for japan to fight against. hope its not korea vs japan at the end. lol. *remembers soccer games*

Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ashore View Post
    this feels like a marathon tryouts, that will last 3 years from teh manga readers point of view. Maybe there will be international teams for japan to fight against. hope its not korea vs japan at the end. lol. *remembers soccer games*
    Korea vs Japan? That makes me think of Hikaru No Go. I hope it wouldn't end like that manga, though. I don't like that manga ending at all. Bad ending to a good series.
    Last edited by -Ken-; March 08, 2013 at 08:23 PM.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

i mean if this is a japan team, and if the series progresses to the point the all japan team fights other countries, let there not a be a japan vs korea lol. it might make some people sensitive when the author makes one country better than the other in a fictional series.

Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

With so many high leveled Tennis Countries IRL, I hope Konomi doesn't even think in including Korea.

If they travel around the world, they'll surely play against USA and Germany... and then there's only guesses (Spain, Australia, Serbia, Sweden, France, England, god bless him if he makes an Argentinian team, Rusia, etc...).

If there's a WC, I don't really think that they face more than 5 or 6 teams.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Am I the only who thinks akutsu is fodder? A player that konomi uses to advance the story line but won't be that great?

I am hoping for a fuji + sanada vs the next pair. Maybe akutsu will leave the camp or get injured.

BTW how many more matches are left after the next doubles one. Didnt most of the genius 10 play already?

only ones left are number1. by then fuji may not be able to play.

Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ashore View Post
    Am I the only who thinks akutsu is fodder? A player that konomi uses to advance the story line but won't be that great?

I am hoping for a fuji + sanada vs the next pair. Maybe akutsu will leave the camp or get injured.

BTW how many more matches are left after the next doubles one. Didnt most of the genius 10 play already?

only ones left are number1. by then fuji may not be able to play.
    Fuji will take an empty spot or play against someone like Kimijima and win.

Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, spots in 11-20 of Kabaji and Niou are empty right now. Fuji can take one of those spots.

I don't think Tohno's out, though. He won in his match, and so he should get to keep his badge. If his position is dropped, people with injury like Niou would be in danger of dropping too.

17. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast