Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Bleach 576 by cnet128 , Naruto 672 by aegon-rokudo
New Reply
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 141

Thread: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 96, 97 and 98 Discussion/Predictions

  1. #76
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LetalHawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Country
    Spain
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,405
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 96, 97 and 98 Discussion/Predictions

    Bobby Max, fodder guy

  2. #77
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Kaoz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Country
    Germany
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,743
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 96, 97 and 98 Discussion/Predictions

    Guys... content, please and thank you.

  3. #78
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Hardy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Outer Heaven
    Country
    Argentina
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,720
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 96, 97 and 98 Discussion/Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaoz View Post
    Guys... content, please and thank you.
    Do you have any ideas, questions, thoughts about the next chapter...?

  4. #79
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Kaoz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Country
    Germany
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,743
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 96, 97 and 98 Discussion/Predictions

    I don't mind it if you guys spam a little, but in the end you're supposed to produce decent quality discussion. I know that it's difficult to come up with new topics despite the monthly pace and that we've discussed most if not all issues already, but that's just how it is.

    How would you guys rank Kishin, the shot from another dimension and TnK? Keep in mind that the shot Byoudouin used against Oni was only a prototype version and it might be stronger now. Do you think Kintarou is going to keep TnK after this match or is it a one time thing like how some people believe that Ryoma can't use it at will? Who do you think will play in the last two matches (we talked about this already, but from what I recall only Ryoma was agreed on, leaving one more free spot)? What's gonna happen to the G10 that lost, will they just disappear or make a comeback in some way? What about the current 11-20? How will the story progress after the G10 shuffle in general?

    How did you actually like the past few chapters? From what I recall the recent posts were mostly analyzing the situation and predicting what's gonna happen next. Why do you like/dislike the current development?

    I hope there's at least something in there that's worth talking about.

  5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  6. #80
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fayte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Country
    United States
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,758
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 96, 97 and 98 Discussion/Predictions

    Time for some Fayte prophecy.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaoz View Post
    How would you guys rank Kishin, the shot from another dimension and TnK?
    To be honest, nobody even knows what Kishin-mode is. If it is just an "image" like people say, then it has no real improvement on Oni. Ryoma's samurai image made no difference to his skill level. It was merely a means of intimidation. Sanada saw the potential in Ryoma, and he was intimidated by it. The question is, was Byoudouin merely intimidated by Oni or did Oni actually improve? The answer to this question will answer whether or not Kishin-mode is an image or an aura/state.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaoz
    Do you think Kintarou is going to keep TnK after this match or is it a one time thing like how some people believe that Ryoma can't use it at will?
    Yes, Kintarou and Ryoma will use TnK at will because of this very match against Oni. If Kintarou now makes 4 TnK users in the series, there is no reason to hide it anymore. Konomi is done with the character development phase. Ryoma will most likely use TnK in the next match he plays.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaoz
    Who do you think will play in the last two matches
    Fuji and Kirihara will ascend the ranks together. The same is true for Tachibana and Chitose.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaoz
    What's gonna happen to the G10 that lost, will they just disappear or make a comeback in some way?
    I've said from the beginning that the HSers are just stepping stones for the MSers. The final team will not have HSers. If anything, a couple HSers will be coaches (like Tezuka in the anime fillers). We will probably never see the past HSers play tennis ever again.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaoz
    What about the current 11-20?
    The coaches will finalize a list to include the best players they've seen. In other words, the current 11-20 is subject to change.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaoz
    How will the story progress after the G10 shuffle in general?
    Echizen will overcome Ryoga at some point. Byoudouin will be defeated. MSers reign. After Saito and the gang finalize a new 1st string Team Japan which consists entirely of MSers, they will have a tournament with other countries (probably America or Germany). They might even run into Banana Max.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaoz
    Why do you like/dislike the current development?
    I like the current development. TnK was the first time I thought Kintarou was badass since the steamrolling of Ibu Shinji. Konomi definitely made Oni more interesting. I was kind of shocked to see Akutsu talk to Sanada like he would anyone else. I thought he would have a bit more reverence for someone so revered, but I guess if he talked to Oni like that he would talk to anyone like that.

  7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  8. #81
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Astray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Florida
    Country
    United States
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    277
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 96, 97 and 98 Discussion/Predictions

    The problem with TnK is that it requires the user to be having fun or enjoying tennis, but using the ability essentially makes you unbeatable/unchallengeable so who the fuck is gonna have fun with that? No one, at least not for an extended period of time. I predict that there will be a time for such an ability at this point.

    Ignorance is bliss.

  9. #82
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member -Ken-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Country
    Thailand
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,987
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 96, 97 and 98 Discussion/Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by Astray View Post
    The problem with TnK is that it requires the user to be having fun or enjoying tennis, but using the ability essentially makes you unbeatable/unchallengeable so who the fuck is gonna have fun with that? No one, at least not for an extended period of time. I predict that there will be a time for such an ability at this point.
    Who say being unbeatable is not fun? That depends on the person personality. I had fun when people gang up on me 3 to 1 in magic card game, and I beat them. Being unbeatable can feel awesome.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

    If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

  10. #83
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,079
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 96, 97 and 98 Discussion/Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by -Ken- View Post
    Who say being unbeatable is not fun? That depends on the person personality. I had fun when people gang up on me 3 to 1 in magic card game, and I beat them. Being unbeatable can feel awesome.
    If it's just a matter of personal opinion then anyone can have TnK if they think it's fun. Inui probably finds gathering data fun so why doesn't he have TnK? Why doesn't Tohno have TnK? He certainly seems to enjoy torturing people.

    If you take the standard definition of fun, Tezuka is nowhere close to TnK pretty much by definition. And given the relatively abundant samurai themes in POT, I'd say Ryoma's fun which often means 'beating down hapless guys who have no chance of beating you even without any supernatural powers' would disqualify him from TnK as well. There are numerous scenes involving Ryoma hitting the ball into some hapless victim's face, and I guess that's fun in the sense that "PWNED" is fun. But if that's all it takes to satisfy the criteria 'fun', there sure are a lot of guys who like to hit the ball in people's face.

  11. #84
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member -Ken-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Country
    Thailand
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,987
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 96, 97 and 98 Discussion/Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by Phantron View Post
    If it's just a matter of personal opinion then anyone can have TnK if they think it's fun. Inui probably finds gathering data fun so why doesn't he have TnK? Why doesn't Tohno have TnK? He certainly seems to enjoy torturing people.

    If you take the standard definition of fun, Tezuka is nowhere close to TnK pretty much by definition. And given the relatively abundant samurai themes in POT, I'd say Ryoma's fun which often means 'beating down hapless guys who have no chance of beating you even without any supernatural powers' would disqualify him from TnK as well. There are numerous scenes involving Ryoma hitting the ball into some hapless victim's face, and I guess that's fun in the sense that "PWNED" is fun. But if that's all it takes to satisfy the criteria 'fun', there sure are a lot of guys who like to hit the ball in people's face.
    Well, there must be a certain kind of feeling that the player have, if we based it on Nanjiroh. And there's nothing that Nanjiroh say that suggests being "unbeatable" turn off PoP, at all. Unless you were to say Nanjiroh is wrong, then it'll be another story.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

    If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

  12. #85
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,079
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 96, 97 and 98 Discussion/Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by -Ken- View Post
    Well, there must be a certain kind of feeling that the player have, if we based it on Nanjiroh. And there's nothing that Nanjiroh say that suggests being "unbeatable" turn off PoP, at all. Unless you were to say Nanjiroh is wrong, then it'll be another story.
    Well he said the whole point of TnK is that you're not supposed to be obsessed with winning or losing to be able to get TnK in the first place. The problem is that the first two guys with TnK (Tezuka and Ryoma) are basically just sore losers who will do anything to avoid losing. Ryoma even says "Nobody beats me in tennis", that's like by definition NOT TnK. How can you possibly enjoy tennis if you're so obsessed with not losing? Nanjirou said originally everyone is at TnK state when they first learn tennis but because they're too worried about not losing they went away from it. Tezuka basically is willing to hurt himself just to win. For all their talk about how they enjoy tennis I can guaranteed you if Ryoma or Tezuka loses to someone 0-6 they would just cry about the game instead of saying 'wow that was a fun game', even though such a game would probably never happen in POT.

    To me Ryoma and Tezuka are basically cheating the system. They're more like 'OMG I'm going to lose quick think happy thought... BAM TnK!' There's nothing about the way they act that is at all convincing that these guys would 'enjoy' tennis unless 'enjoy' means self-mutiliation (Tezuka) or slapping your enemy silly (Ryoma), and they're hardly the only guys who have these traits in POT. I realize that at some level Ryoma's supposed to be this fun-loving guy but due to his poor characterization he just came off as a sore loser instead. For example in the initial U17 match some fodder guy did a Magnum Serve and almost hit him, so what did Ryoma do? Copy the same tech and hit the guy in the face. When Ryoma lost his memory, all the guys he played before came back and helped him to regain his memory, and you can see it's implied he pretty much beat up most of them, as the dialogue suggests most of the guys regretted helping him. This is 'enjoying tennis'? And if humilating your opponent counts as enjoying tennis, we got people more sadistic than Ryoma in POT too.

  13. #86
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Kaoz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Country
    Germany
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,743
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 96, 97 and 98 Discussion/Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by Phantron View Post
    When Ryoma lost his memory, all the guys he played before came back and helped him to regain his memory, and you can see it's implied he pretty much beat up most of them, as the dialogue suggests most of the guys regretted helping him.
    I don't read it like this. Sure, Ibu, Yuuta, Hiyoshi and Tanishi are pissed, but that seems to be because they wanted to take this chance to get revenge for the earlier tournaments and were too weak. The only thing Ryoma did was beat them in tennis again, it's not really a malicious act.

    Quote Originally Posted by Phantron View Post
    For all their talk about how they enjoy tennis I can guaranteed you if Ryoma or Tezuka loses to someone 0-6 they would just cry about the game instead of saying 'wow that was a fun game', even though such a game would probably never happen in POT.
    You mean like this?

    That said, it's still unknown whether Ryoma kept TnK given that we didn't actually see him use it against Kazuya. So if he had the right mindset for TnK during the national finals and then didn't keep that mindset and lost the ability to use TnK again, I don't see a problem here.

    As for Tezuka, he was beating Yamato already anyway, he didn't need TnK for that. Yamato's words just made him realize the right mindset, so as long as he keeps that, Tezuka will be able to use TnK whenever he pleases. I doubt he's gonna use Phantom or ZSS again to a point that it's actually dangerous. Again not seeing any problems with this.

  14. #87
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member -Ken-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Country
    Thailand
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,987
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 96, 97 and 98 Discussion/Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by Phantron View Post
    Well he said the whole point of TnK is that you're not supposed to be obsessed with winning or losing to be able to get TnK in the first place. The problem is that the first two guys with TnK (Tezuka and Ryoma) are basically just sore losers who will do anything to avoid losing. Ryoma even says "Nobody beats me in tennis", that's like by definition NOT TnK. How can you possibly enjoy tennis if you're so obsessed with not losing? Nanjirou said originally everyone is at TnK state when they first learn tennis but because they're too worried about not losing they went away from it. Tezuka basically is willing to hurt himself just to win. For all their talk about how they enjoy tennis I can guaranteed you if Ryoma or Tezuka loses to someone 0-6 they would just cry about the game instead of saying 'wow that was a fun game', even though such a game would probably never happen in POT.

    To me Ryoma and Tezuka are basically cheating the system. They're more like 'OMG I'm going to lose quick think happy thought... BAM TnK!' There's nothing about the way they act that is at all convincing that these guys would 'enjoy' tennis unless 'enjoy' means self-mutiliation (Tezuka) or slapping your enemy silly (Ryoma), and they're hardly the only guys who have these traits in POT. I realize that at some level Ryoma's supposed to be this fun-loving guy but due to his poor characterization he just came off as a sore loser instead. For example in the initial U17 match some fodder guy did a Magnum Serve and almost hit him, so what did Ryoma do? Copy the same tech and hit the guy in the face. When Ryoma lost his memory, all the guys he played before came back and helped him to regain his memory, and you can see it's implied he pretty much beat up most of them, as the dialogue suggests most of the guys regretted helping him. This is 'enjoying tennis'? And if humilating your opponent counts as enjoying tennis, we got people more sadistic than Ryoma in POT too.
    Like I say, you can enjoy the game you're losing. You think you can't, but it just depends on the person. Ryoma/Tezuka doesn't throw a fit when they lose like Kirihara. You can't tell what's inside their mind. If you think Ryoma doesn't enjoy being the way he is, that means nothing. Ryoma decide if he enjoy the match or not, not you. If Ryoma enjoy the match, then who are you to say he doesn't?

    And who's to say people beating up other in PoT is as enjoyable enough to pass as PoP requirement? I can tell you who. Konomi. It's as simple as that. It doesn't matter if you think it's not enjoyable. If Konomi say that the character enjoy it, they obviously do.
    Last edited by -Ken-; March 21, 2013 at 12:35 PM.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

    If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

  15. #88
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Hardy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Outer Heaven
    Country
    Argentina
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,720
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 96, 97 and 98 Discussion/Predictions

    PoP requirements : Plot Power, and that's it. Otherwise, if it was just "enjoy the game" Jirou would have it since Kanto.

  16. #89
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LetalHawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Country
    Spain
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,405
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 96, 97 and 98 Discussion/Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by Hardy View Post
    PoP requirements : Plot Power, and that's it. Otherwise, if it was just "enjoy the game" Jirou would have it since Kanto.
    In a Pair Puri, Number 5 I think it was, Konomi said that the players that have the most probabilities of getting Tnk were Kintarou and Jirou. Kintarou just got it, and I won't be surprised if Jirou unlocks it at some point since it's a door that can be activated without unlocking muga or a previous door.

  17. #90
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Country
    United States
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    895
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 96, 97 and 98 Discussion/Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by LetalHawk View Post
    In a Pair Puri, Number 5 I think it was, Konomi said that the players that have the most probabilities of getting Tnk were Kintarou and Jirou. Kintarou just got it, and I won't be surprised if Jirou unlocks it at some point since it's a door that can be activated without unlocking muga or a previous door.
    This requires that Jirou gets any screentime, and I have a hard time seeing that happening. The way things are going, I doubt he's going to do anything more than occasionally being seen in the crowd.

  18. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts