Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 (2)
New Reply
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 LastLast
Results 121 to 135 of 141

Thread: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 96, 97 and 98 Discussion/Predictions

  1. #121
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Philia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Country
    Casterly Rock
    Age
    18
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    287
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 96, 97 and 98 Discussion/Predictions

    HSers will get some spots too. Probably Kazuya, Irie & some others.

  2. #122
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fayte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Country
    United States
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,758
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 96, 97 and 98 Discussion/Predictions

    Konomi hasn't forgotten about Kirihara, Hardy. Trust me. If you think of Konomi's favorite characters in tiers, they would go something like this:

    Tier 1 (fav)

    Echizen
    Sanada
    Kintarou

    Tier 2

    Fuji
    Kirihara

    Tier 3

    Tachibana
    Atobe
    Tezuka

    Tier 4

    The other main MSers

    This does not mean the amount of screentime will be affected by this, rather this is who Konomi has a soft spot for.

  3. #123
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Kaoz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Country
    Germany
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,224
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 96, 97 and 98 Discussion/Predictions

    Out of curiosity, why do you place Tachibana there?

  4. #124
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Hardy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Outer Heaven
    Country
    Argentina
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,717
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 96, 97 and 98 Discussion/Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by Fayte View Post
    Konomi hasn't forgotten about Kirihara, Hardy. Trust me. If you think of Konomi's favorite characters in tiers, they would go something like this:

    Tier 1 (fav)

    Echizen
    Sanada
    Kintarou

    Tier 2

    Fuji
    Kirihara

    Tier 3

    Tachibana
    Atobe
    Tezuka

    Tier 4

    The other main MSers

    This does not mean the amount of screentime will be affected by this, rather this is who Konomi has a soft spot for.
    Momoshiro deserves a place in that list, above Atobe imo,. Not only they share names ( ), but Momo is Ryoma's best friend (I think, if Ryoma has any friends...) and now he has an OP move.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaoz View Post
    Out of curiosity, why do you place Tachibana there?
    Cause everyone loves WoK apparently.

  5. #125
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member -Ken-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Country
    Thailand
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,349
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 96, 97 and 98 Discussion/Predictions

    Tachibana? He got fodder treatment all PoT, and that even carries on to SPoT. Konomi hate the guy, if anything.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

    If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

  6. #126
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fayte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Country
    United States
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,758
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 96, 97 and 98 Discussion/Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaoz View Post
    Out of curiosity, why do you place Tachibana there?
    One can always get a glimpse of the author's heart by simply reading patterns of their writings. Konomi introduced Tezuka, Atobe, and Tachibana at around the same time in the original story, and he introduced them all in different yet specific ways. Tachibana was one of the original concepts. Konomi spent a lot of time developing him into a fierce player who is very much respected among everyone. He is a genuinely nice guy, and I wouldn't be surprised if Konomi modeled him after one of his friends. You can just tell Konomi likes him by always adding him to the plot regardless of how the fanbase feels about him. If someone develops a new technique and everyone is shocked, you can bet Konomi will show the reaction of Tachibana, simply because he likes the character and esteems him highly (although it is obviously not in every case, because the reaction of any character is not shown in every case). Read through PoT1 again and you will notice a peculiar emphasis on Tachibana through and through. That definitely means something.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hardy
    Momoshiro deserves a place in that list, above Atobe imo,. Not only they share names ( ), but Momo is Ryoma's best friend (I think, if Ryoma has any friends...) and now he has an OP move.
    Yes, Momoshiro is another one. He is probably in tier 2.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ken
    Tachibana? He got fodder treatment all PoT, and that even carries on to SPoT. Konomi hate the guy, if anything.
    No. Tachibana does not have fodder treatment. Losing a single match does not make anybody fodder. Tachibana and Shiraishi BOTH had the same amount of screentime. One of them won, one of them lost. Losing does not make someone fodder. The mere fact Tachibana got ANY screentime shows Konomi cares about him. Kadowaki is fodder. Remember that time Kadowaki played a highschooler in a match? yeah me neither. You don't waste your time as a mangaka, drawing the fodder. You draw the people you like drawing.
    Last edited by Fayte; March 26, 2013 at 12:06 PM.

  7. #127
    Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Beika City
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,365
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 96, 97 and 98 Discussion/Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by Fayte View Post
    Konomi hasn't forgotten about Kirihara, Hardy. Trust me. If you think of Konomi's favorite characters in tiers, they would go something like this:

    Tier 1 (fav)

    Echizen
    Sanada
    Kintarou

    Tier 2

    Fuji
    Kirihara

    Tier 3

    Tachibana
    Atobe
    Tezuka

    Tier 4

    The other main MSers

    This does not mean the amount of screentime will be affected by this, rather this is who Konomi has a soft spot for.
    You have Kirihara over Atobe? Besides your top 3 who Konomi clearly loves since the polls show that the demand for Sanada and Kintaro from fans doesn't compare to the demand for Fuji, Atobe, Yuki, Niou, your list is wrong afterwards.

    Fuji and Kirihara are not treated the same. Its a bit too clear.
    Kirihara at the Nationals got Devil Mode. Just an upgrade of Bloodshot Mode. That's all he got. Since Konomi has decided to delete the Snake move he had.
    Fuji got Upgrades of the Triple Counter, Fourth Counter, Fifth Counter, Sixth Counter AND Closed Eyes and Cord Ball lol.
    How is that the same treatment?

    SPoT comes and all Kirihara gets is another Mode lol.

    Tachibana at the same place with Tezuka and Atobe?
    Was the WoK match(barely even a match, it was a pile of crap with a few frames) not enough evidence to show they are clearly not treated the same?

    Tachibana cannot compare to the focus that Tezuka and Atobe have had.
    Atobe has appeared in TWO FULL matches so far. More than any other player.

    Can't see how Kirihara and Fuji are at the same place, and same with Tachibana and Atobe/Tezuka.

    Quote Originally Posted by Fayte View Post
    No. Tachibana does not have fodder treatment. Losing a single match does not make anybody fodder. Tachibana and Shiraishi BOTH had the same amount of screentime. One of them won, one of them lost. Losing does not make someone fodder. The mere fact Tachibana got ANY screentime shows Konomi cares about him. Kadowaki is fodder. Remember that time Kadowaki played a highschooler in a match? yeah me neither. You don't waste your time as a mangaka, drawing the fodder. You draw the people you like drawing.
    How was the WoK match the same screentime as Shirashi/Akaya match lol. WoK match was just a joke. Konomi was just rushing so we could enjoy the great encounter that was Atobe VS Irie.
    Shiraishi got loads of time and unvelied a golden gauntlet. What did Tachibana do? The guy only said a few words in that quick group of panels that was WoK VS Washio/Suzuki.

    If you say the fact Tachibana got any screentime shows Konomi cares about him... Then... doesn't that apply for Shiraishi just as much?
    I just wanna see evidence that Konomi likes Tachibana more than Chitose, Shiraishi, Yukimura, Kite and Akutsu right now.

  8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  9. #128
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Mighty Wings's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Country
    Joker
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    8
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 96, 97 and 98 Discussion/Predictions

    Well, we are talking about somethings that only Konomi knows. There's no way to judge this, really.

    To tell the truth, I don't like the idea of this list at all =__= This will be full of feeling, for anyone....

  10. #129
    Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Beika City
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,365
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 96, 97 and 98 Discussion/Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by Mighty Wings View Post
    Well, we are talking about somethings that only Konomi knows. There's no way to judge this, really.

    To tell the truth, I don't like the idea of this list at all =__= This will be full of feeling, for anyone....
    Welcome.

    And not too much,
    I think Fayte's first three hit the nail on the head. Or rather the list has.
    I just disagree strongly with where he placed Kirihara and Tachibana.

    I feel Konomi's own list has changed greatly. Look at Kaidoh. I don't miss Kaidoh because I found his tennis EXTREMELY BORING until the Gyro combo moment, but he hasn't done a thing in SPoT yet Konomi was giving him tons of screentime in PoT.

  11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  12. #130
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fayte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Country
    United States
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,758
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 96, 97 and 98 Discussion/Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    You have Kirihara over Atobe? Besides your top 3 who Konomi clearly loves since the polls show that the demand for Sanada and Kintaro from fans doesn't compare to the demand for Fuji, Atobe, Yuki, Niou, your list is wrong afterwards.
    I have Kirihara over Atobe because I believe Konomi likes Kirihara as a character better than Atobe. I said before, Konomi uses Atobe because he knows he can't go wrong with him. Atobe generates fans. That doesn't mean Konomi himself likes him better than Kirihara. But like I said, this is just a hunch. You're free to disagree.

    Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes
    Fuji and Kirihara are not treated the same. Its a bit too clear.
    Kirihara at the Nationals got Devil Mode. Just an upgrade of Bloodshot Mode. That's all he got. Since Konomi has decided to delete the Snake move he had.
    Fuji got Upgrades of the Triple Counter, Fourth Counter, Fifth Counter, Sixth Counter AND Closed Eyes and Cord Ball lol.
    How is that the same treatment?
    Kirihara (like Fuji) got an upgrade basically every single time he played. Bloodshot mode against Tachibana. Muga against Fuji. Devil mode against Krasuer. Angel mode against HSers. "Sane" Devil mode against HSers. Kirihara evolved twice in a single match against the HSers. I already said, instead of "Techniques," (like Fuji) Kirihara gets auras and modes. I said that both characters demand improvement every match. In that sense, it makes them the same.

    Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes
    Tachibana at the same place with Tezuka and Atobe?
    Was the WoK match(barely even a match, it was a pile of crap with a few frames) not enough evidence to show they are clearly not treated the same? Tachibana cannot compare to the focus that Tezuka and Atobe have had. Atobe has appeared in TWO FULL matches so far. More than any other player. Can't see how Kirihara and Fuji are at the same place, and same with Tachibana and Atobe/Tezuka.
    First of all, it's just a fact that singles gets more attention than doubles. The fact that Tachibana's match was doubles by itself automatically puts screentime at a disadvantage. Also, screentime itself is not an "end-all" proof for Konomi liking a character more. Atobe got more screentime than Echizen and Sanada. Does that mean Konomi likes Atobe more? No. It means Konomi is trying to keep his fans from leaving before he shows the stuff he wants to show.


    Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes
    How was the WoK match the same screentime as Shirashi/Akaya match lol. WoK match was just a joke. Konomi was just rushing so we could enjoy the great encounter that was Atobe VS Irie.
    Shiraishi got loads of time and unvelied a golden gauntlet. What did Tachibana do? The guy only said a few words in that quick group of panels that was WoK VS Washio/Suzuki.
    I said Tachibana had the same amount of screentime as Shiraishi. Meaning, both characters were shown beating HSers at the beginning, and playing at least 1 official match. I wasn't referring to the length of the match, because obviously the Shiraishi/Kirihara match had more overall pages.

    Quote Quote:
    If you say the fact Tachibana got any screentime shows Konomi cares about him... Then... doesn't that apply for Shiraishi just as much?
    I just wanna see evidence that Konomi likes Tachibana more than Chitose, Shiraishi, Yukimura, Kite and Akutsu right now.
    Shiraishi wasn't created until the Nationals. Tachibana was around since pre-kantou. Tachibana had more time to develop. I believe Shiraishi is getting screentime because like Atobe, he has become popular among the fans.

  13. #131
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member -Ken-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Country
    Thailand
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,349
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 96, 97 and 98 Discussion/Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by Fayte View Post
    No. Tachibana does not have fodder treatment. Losing a single match does not make anybody fodder. Tachibana and Shiraishi BOTH had the same amount of screentime. One of them won, one of them lost. Losing does not make someone fodder. The mere fact Tachibana got ANY screentime shows Konomi cares about him. Kadowaki is fodder. Remember that time Kadowaki played a highschooler in a match? yeah me neither. You don't waste your time as a mangaka, drawing the fodder. You draw the people you like drawing.
    I disagree. Tachibana have never actually won even 1 single match that matter in despite of all screen time he have. Tachibana purpose as a character is mainly to become fodder to show another character strength. Kirihara in Kantou and Chitose in the National. His doubles match in SPoT? Off panel treatment. Sure, that's some favoritism.

    Being strong does not excuse you from not being fodder. 1st stringer 11-20? Probably strong enough to 6-0 most National high tier in PoT when SPoT first started, outside the few outstanding exception at the top, of course. Still, fodder.

    Quote Originally Posted by Fayte View Post
    First of all, it's just a fact that singles gets more attention than doubles. The fact that Tachibana's match was doubles by itself automatically puts screentime at a disadvantage. Also, screentime itself is not an "end-all" proof for Konomi liking a character more. Atobe got more screentime than Echizen and Sanada. Does that mean Konomi likes Atobe more? No. It means Konomi is trying to keep his fans from leaving before he shows the stuff he wants to show.
    Sure. Look at the doubles in G10 compare to Gin match vs Duke. WoK focus is the same way as that match. Konomi throw reader some bone, giving some syncho to WoK, and give Gin the 100% power quote. Yeah, WoK pair got the meatier chunk of meat attach to the bone. It's still a bone treatment.

    Quote Originally Posted by Fayte View Post
    Shiraishi wasn't created until the Nationals. Tachibana was around since pre-kantou. Tachibana had more time to develop. I believe Shiraishi is getting screentime because like Atobe, he has become popular among the fans.
    This logic is stupid. You can created a character later and like him more. Oni was create after Tachibana. He had way more screen time and plot relevance than Tachibana ever contributed. The time that a character is made doesn't matter.
    Last edited by -Ken-; March 26, 2013 at 08:06 PM.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

    If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

  14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  15. #132
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Hardy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Outer Heaven
    Country
    Argentina
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,717
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 96, 97 and 98 Discussion/Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by Fayte View Post
    IKirihara (like Fuji) got an upgrade basically every single time he played. Bloodshot mode against Tachibana. Muga against Fuji. Devil mode against Krasuer. Angel mode against HSers. "Sane" Devil mode against HSers. Kirihara evolved twice in a single match against the HSers. I already said, instead of "Techniques," (like Fuji) Kirihara gets auras and modes. I said that both characters demand improvement every match. In that sense, it makes them the same.
    Well, Kikumaru had an upgrade almost every time he played (and he played at least 3x times than Kirihara) and I don't think he's a favourite of Konomi lol

  16. #133
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member -Ken-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Country
    Thailand
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,349
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 96, 97 and 98 Discussion/Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by Fayte View Post
    Kirihara (like Fuji) got an upgrade basically every single time he played. Bloodshot mode against Tachibana. Muga against Fuji. Devil mode against Krasuer. Angel mode against HSers. "Sane" Devil mode against HSers. Kirihara evolved twice in a single match against the HSers. I already said, instead of "Techniques," (like Fuji) Kirihara gets auras and modes. I said that both characters demand improvement every match. In that sense, it makes them the same.
    I'll correct this, too. Kirihara doesn't get improvement every match.

    Bloodshot mode against Tachibana.

    No upgrade against Echizen

    Muga against Fuji.

    Devil mode against Krauser.

    No upgrade against Inui/Kaidoh

    No upgrade against Renji

    Angel mode against HSers. "Sane" Devil mode against HSers.

    So he got his upgrade.... 4/7 match? That is if you want to count his Bloodshot Mode as an upgrade. Otherwise, it's 3/6. The rate is actually hardly impressive.

    Fuji upgrade only seriously start when he got more serious about winning. That is, during his Kantou final match. Before then, he's not serious about winning, and there's no opponent that's strong enough to ask that "seriousness" out of him.

    You may be able to call them the same, but that if you overlook some points in Kirihara favor. If you overlook a few match, pretty much anyone can be Konomi favorite character. That's clearly a line that's really unclear to draw. Unlike taking out a few match that is in between of Kirihara, Fuji upgrade is a straight line if you start from the national (when Fuji actually start showing his endless evolving plot armor).
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

    If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

  17. #134
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Mighty Wings's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Country
    Joker
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    8
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 96, 97 and 98 Discussion/Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    Welcome.
    Thank you, I forgot this. Hi all! I'm new, nice to meet you all! *bows*



    Back to the topic. I think that we can't just use manga to rank this. It's dependent on so many things. For example, I remember Konomi once said that he like Tezuka the least because he found him so boring (poor Tezuka ). So, which Tier do you think he should be now? As for Shiraishi, he once joked that Shiraishi is HIM in PoT, that make Shiraishi must got a really high rank in Konomi top fav, right? Konomi takes care of Shiraishi very well, in almost everything, if you see clearly.

    I found it really hard and complicated to rank this, really

  18. #135
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member -Ken-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Country
    Thailand
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,349
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 96, 97 and 98 Discussion/Predictions

    You're right. It's too opinionated of a thing to discuss. Some people just throw their favorite character into a mix and say "Konomi like them too!". It's just not feasible.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

    If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

New Reply
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts