Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 (2)
New Reply
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10
Results 136 to 141 of 141

Thread: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 96, 97 and 98 Discussion/Predictions

  1. #136
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fayte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Country
    United States
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,758
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 96, 97 and 98 Discussion/Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by -Ken- View Post
    I disagree. Tachibana have never actually won even 1 single match that matter in despite of all screen time he have. Tachibana purpose as a character is mainly to become fodder to show another character strength. Kirihara in Kantou and Chitose in the National. His doubles match in SPoT? Off panel treatment. Sure, that's some favoritism. Being strong does not excuse you from not being fodder. 1st stringer 11-20? Probably strong enough to 6-0 most National high tier in PoT when SPoT first started, outside the few outstanding exception at the top, of course. Still, fodder.
    You clearly do not understand what the word "fodder" means. That's all I have to say about that.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ken
    Sure. Look at the doubles in G10 compare to Gin match vs Duke. WoK focus is the same way as that match. Konomi throw reader some bone, giving some syncho to WoK, and give Gin the 100% power quote. Yeah, WoK pair got the meatier chunk of meat attach to the bone. It's still a bone treatment.
    What the hell are you saying? I mean really.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ken
    The time that a character is made doesn't matter.
    Right, because it didn't matter that Yukimura wasn't created until basically the Kantou finals, right? It doesn't matter that Konomi made Sanada the main boss before he even thought of Yukimura, right? Of course it matters. Sanada had all this time for character development while Yukimura was sitting in a hospital room for 300 chapters. But hey, my logic is stupid. Ken knows everything but English.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ken
    Fuji upgrade only seriously start when he got more serious about winning. That is, during his Kantou final match. Before then, he's not serious about winning, and there's no opponent that's strong enough to ask that "seriousness" out of him.

    You may be able to call them the same, but that if you overlook some points in Kirihara favor. If you overlook a few match, pretty much anyone can be Konomi favorite character. That's clearly a line that's really unclear to draw. Unlike taking out a few match that is in between of Kirihara, Fuji upgrade is a straight line if you start from the national (when Fuji actually start showing his endless evolving plot armor).
    Lol@Ken trying to create handicap arguments to make me look wrong.

    "Yeah guys, Fuji is a straight line if you start from the Nationals." That's like me saying "Kirihara evolves in every match starting from Fuji and ending with Krauser" You have to look at every match and see the pattern. OBVIOUSLY they don't evolve in EVERY match. Nobody does. You're as literal as a right-brained five year old. Just because both characters demand improvement does not mean they evolve in every match. Every character has a match here and there where they don't need to improve.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mighty Wings
    I remember Konomi once said that he like Tezuka the least because he found him so boring (poor Tezuka ). So, which Tier do you think he should be now? As for Shiraishi, he once joked that Shiraishi is HIM in PoT, that make Shiraishi must got a really high rank in Konomi top fav, right? Konomi takes care of Shiraishi very well, in almost everything, if you see clearly.
    Konomi doesn't like Tezuka in terms of "personality." However, Konomi is very proud of what he has done with Tezuka's playstyle. Zero-shiki drop shot and Tezuka-zone were by far the greatest emphasis of PoT1 Kantou. Konomi was very proud of his techniques, which means Konomi has an appreciation for him, despite not liking his personality.

    As for Shiraishi, I was unaware Konomi said that. That could be a reason for a Shiraishi emphasis.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ken
    Some people just throw their favorite character into a mix and say "Konomi like them too!". It's just not feasible.
    Yeah because that's what we're doing Ken.

  2. #137
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member -Ken-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Country
    Thailand
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,349
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 96, 97 and 98 Discussion/Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by Fayte View Post
    You clearly do not understand what the word "fodder" means. That's all I have to say about that.
    http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=fodder

    2.
    Fodder

    A person treated like a tool meant to die.

    Sounds about right to me. Trash is just trash. Tachibana haven't done anything remotely useful to the story and even win 1 match against non-fodder character. Heck, he even lost to fodder character. He just meant to lose. That's all his purpose ever was so far.

    Quote Originally Posted by Fayte View Post
    What the hell are you saying? I mean really.
    Fayte knows everything but English. Fixed. It means that being doubles and singles doesn't mean a dang it in term of screen time that the match will received. A character will get screen time if Konomi want them to. Konomi just wasn't interest in WoK match.

    Quote Originally Posted by Fayte View Post
    Lol@Ken trying to create handicap arguments to make me look wrong.

    "Yeah guys, Fuji is a straight line if you start from the Nationals." That's like me saying "Kirihara evolves in every match starting from Fuji and ending with Krauser" You have to look at every match and see the pattern. OBVIOUSLY they don't evolve in EVERY match. Nobody does. You're as literal as a right-brained five year old. Just because both characters demand improvement does not mean they evolve in every match. Every character has a match here and there where they don't need to improve.
    /facepalm

    Quote Originally Posted by Fayte View Post
    Kirihara (like Fuji) got an upgrade basically every single time he played.
    Sureeeeeee. Obviously, right? Man, someone have a short memory over here. I'm not sure who. Why are you saying Kirihara is the improving kind when every single characters in the story improve then? Why is he the exception?

    Fuji in pre-national was the "genius" type. That's why he doesn't receive upgrade before then. He's suppose to be on the higher end of the tier. Fuji in national was shift to rapid-evolve type. Fuji was treat as two different type of character during those two period. That's why I separate it. I thought that's clear to anyone with a functioning brain. Probably is.

    So, just as you say, every character with multiple match improve sooner or later. Why are you highlighting Kirihara as Konomi favorite using that reason?

    Well, we all knows the answer. I don't have to spell it out for you.

    Quote Originally Posted by Fayte View Post
    Yeah because that's what we're doing Ken.
    Yeah, it's just the person that throw Kirihara and Tachibana into the mix even if the other people in forum mostly disagree. Just that single person.

    Sure, WoK is the most overrated pair on this forum. That just means people like them. Doesn't tell me a thing about Konomi's opinion on them.

    ---------- Post added at 02:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:26 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Fayte View Post
    Right, because it didn't matter that Yukimura wasn't created until basically the Kantou finals, right? It doesn't matter that Konomi made Sanada the main boss before he even thought of Yukimura, right? Of course it matters. Sanada had all this time for character development while Yukimura was sitting in a hospital room for 300 chapters. But hey, my logic is stupid. Ken knows everything but English.
    Yeah, it doesn't matter. Kintarou was made before the series was made (or else there's no way he can be say to be the main character before Ryoma replace him). Chitose concept was made before Sanada too. He's made when Tachibana was created (hence the two top two player of Kyushu thing). But Sanada was favor in comparison to those two. The time that a character is made doesn't matter in term of Konomi like them. Sanada sure had a lot of "development" before the National Final. He's given 1 match development like most of everyone else. Then he's given 2. Well, that looks huge. Sengoku sure had his up and down in his match in the national too. Does that mean Sengoku is favor? He's forgotten. Sanada and Kintarou was given a lot of outside match screen time to develop themselves. Oni was made later than many characters. Was he favor less? So yeah, it's doesn't matter. your logic is stupid.

    And well, I never got bad grade in my essay. Do you know why? I often support my argument with reasoning and proof. It's not simply "Yeah, I think it is this way. So that's probably Konomi rule"
    Last edited by -Ken-; March 27, 2013 at 02:18 AM.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

    If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

  3. #138
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fayte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Country
    United States
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,758
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 96, 97 and 98 Discussion/Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by -Ken- View Post
    http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=fodder

    2.
    Fodder

    A person treated like a tool meant to die.

    Sounds about right to me. Trash is just trash. Tachibana haven't done anything remotely useful to the story and even win 1 match against non-fodder character. Heck, he even lost to fodder character. He just meant to lose. That's all his purpose ever was so far.
    Are you seriously this dense? Saying Tachibana is trash is an absurdity. Tachibana never lost to a fodder character either. You don't know anything about PoT, which is why you disagree with everyone. Get some info please. Losing does not make you worse. Let me school you in PoT 101. Tachibana was still better than Chitose, Kirihara, and Fuji. He purposely lost to Chitose, He didn't play serious against Kirihara, and he made Fuji look like a joke. If you think Tachibana is fodder despite these facts, you're a moron.



    Quote Originally Posted by -Ken-
    It means that being doubles and singles doesn't mean a dang it in term of screen time that the match will received. A character will get screen time if Konomi want them to. Konomi just wasn't interest in WoK match.
    Wow. You still do not understand what I said. If you count the number of tennis matches from chapter 0 to the last chapter, you will find out it will come out to be 70% singles matches, 30% doubles matches. Why? because Konomi puts a greater emphasis on singles. I DID NOT SAY THERE WAS NEVER A TIME WHEN A DOUBLES MATCH WAS LONGER THAN A SINGLES MATCH. I did NOT say that. Maybe now, because of caps lock, you will understand.


    Quote Originally Posted by -Ken-
    Sureeeeeee. Obviously, right? Man, someone have a short memory over here. I'm not sure who. Why are you saying Kirihara is the improving kind when every single characters in the story improve then? Why is he the exception?
    Do you know how to read books or what? "Emphasis" is an author's tool to convey a specific message. Konomi specifically wrote ONLY Eczhien, Kirihara, and Fuji as continuously evolving prodigies. No other characters were INTENTIONALLY WRITTEN to convey this to the reader. If you don't understand that, then I can't make you understand.

    Quote Originally Posted by -Ken-
    Fuji in pre-national was the "genius" type. That's why he doesn't receive upgrade before then.
    Oh you mean like the triple counters, disappearing serve, and closed-eye mode? Yeah, besides that, Fuji doesn't receive upgrades before the Nationals.

    Quote Originally Posted by -Ken-
    He's suppose to be on the higher end of the tier. Fuji in national was shift to rapid-evolve type. Fuji was treat as two different type of character during those two period. That's why I separate it. I thought that's clear to anyone with a functioning brain. Probably is.
    Nope. Same Fuji. Always was. You're the only person who believes that.

    Quote Originally Posted by -Ken-
    Sure, WoK is the most overrated pair on this forum.
    The most overrated pair on this forum? I do believe Tachibana and Chitose are not to be found on this forum, being they are fictional characters. If you meant they are an overrated pair, you should blame Konomi for putting an emphasis on them.

    Quote Originally Posted by -Ken-
    And well, I never got bad grade in my essay.
    I rest my case.
    Last edited by Kaoz; March 28, 2013 at 03:20 AM.

  4. #139
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member -Ken-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Country
    Thailand
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,349
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 96, 97 and 98 Discussion/Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by Fayte View Post
    Are you seriously this dense? Saying Tachibana is trash is an absurdity. Tachibana never lost to a fodder character either. You don't know anything about PoT, which is why you disagree with everyone. Get some info please. Losing does not make you worse. Let me school you in PoT 101. Tachibana was still better than Chitose, Kirihara, and Fuji. He purposely lost to Chitose, He didn't play serious against Kirihara, and he made Fuji look like a joke. If you think Tachibana is fodder despite these facts, you're a moron.
    Naw. He lost to Chitose pretty much without scoring a single point after Saiki is activate. Even if he try to aim for Chitose blind spot, the result is unknown at best. It's not even guarantee that he can win. And now you're suddenly bring up reason instead of using what's shown in the manga. Tachibana is shown as a person who can't win a single match this entire time. And Tachibana/Chitose lost to 3rd court pair, which is fodder pair. You're telling me Echzien, Kirihara, and Fuji was written as "evolving type". I'm telling you Tachibana purpose as a character is to lose and hype up another character in a coming match against a character who is not fodder. Then he'll be given excuse on why he lost that Seigaku member almost always seem to get. That's all.


    Quote Originally Posted by Fayte View Post
    Wow. You still do not understand what I said. If you count the number of tennis matches from chapter 0 to the last chapter, you will find out it will come out to be 70% singles matches, 30% doubles matches. Why? because Konomi puts a greater emphasis on singles. I DID NOT SAY THERE WAS NEVER A TIME WHEN A DOUBLES MATCH WAS LONGER THAN A SINGLES MATCH. I did NOT say that. Maybe now, because of caps lock, you will understand.
    Konomi will put emphasis into doubles when doubles are not fill with character that is worth a salt. That's all there is to it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Fayte View Post
    Oh you mean like the triple counters, disappearing serve, and closed-eye mode? Yeah, besides that, Fuji doesn't receive upgrades before the Nationals.
    Closed eyes? Sure. Triple counters and disappearing serve are all move Fuji already have. They're not upgrade. Closed Eyes also happen to be when Fuji get that flashback that he never was serious before, and therefore begin his upgrade self too. Learn to read. Upgrade is what characters get that they don't have already. Sanada starts with Fu Rin Ka Zan. Those are not his upgrade.

    Quote Originally Posted by Fayte View Post
    Nope. Same Fuji. Always was. You're the only person who believes that.
    No, you're the only one who don't see it. Fuji was always list as Seigaku number 2 and he triumph in every singles match until Kantou final. He never actually lost. He also dominate Kirihara until he get the stupid flashback and have an opening for some reason. He's suppose to be the strong type.

    Then after Kantou tournament ends, his counter was broke by Tachibana and therefore he seeks to improve himself. Anyone who actually pay attention to story and aren't biased by fanboyism would saw that.

    Quote Originally Posted by Fayte View Post
    The most overrated pair on this forum? I do believe Tachibana and Chitose are not to be found on this forum, being they are fictional characters. If you meant they are an overrated pair, you should blame Konomi for putting an emphasis on them.
    They are overrated because they're trash pair that lost to 3rd court. That's all there is to it.

    Oh, and if you seriously don't know that that means, I don't know what to say.

    Btw, nice job calling someone ESL. Certainly helps to make your argument stronger. If your going to insult something, insult their argument, not the person themselves. I understand how never winning any argument in the tier list can make you feel that way, though.

    Oh, one more thing. Don't bother replying. You're in my ignore list now. I don't need to argue with someone who can't handle people disagreeing with their logic and bash the person themselves.
    Last edited by Kaoz; March 28, 2013 at 03:23 AM.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

    If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

  5. #140
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,168
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 96, 97 and 98 Discussion/Predictions

    Tachibana's the guy who always loses to make other people look better. That said I'd have to think Konomi must like you in some way for you to repeatedly show up in a story that has way too many characters. If Konomi doesn't like you, you could just get banished to America like Yukimura, or the void in the case of Fuji.

  6. #141
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Kaoz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Country
    Germany
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,225
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 96, 97 and 98 Discussion/Predictions

    Fayte, Ken, cut it out.

New Reply
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts