Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 592 by BadKarma , Gintama 506 (2)
Thread Closed
Page 48 of 134 FirstFirst ... 38 46 47 48 49 50 58 98 ... LastLast

Thread: The MangaHelpers Confessional Thread - Part 2

MH's Most Beautiful Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Naomidee's Avatar
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The MangaHelpers Confessional Thread - Part 2

Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    Congrats! Knew you'd do well!
    Your knowledge may have been misplaced or mislead, but I can't pretend that I'm not thankful. n_n <3

Quote Originally Posted by dark lord View Post

I confess I got an A+ in phonology and phonetics. I feel great about it too.
    As you should. I'm not even sure what phonetics is!

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think it was misplaced or misled. you certainly proved it wasn't.

more faith, Naomichi, more faith!

Light and Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I confess I miss new confessions. Something funny or lots of drama, please.

MH's Best Artist 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I confess I think I can give you some drama of sorts as soon as I have a little bit of free time.

Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

I confess I fap to my neighbor. She's such a hot MILF.

That good, nii-tan?

MH's Most High Quality Poster 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member earthforge's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I confess I fap to my neighbor. She's such a hot MILF.

That good, nii-tan?
    Not really. That just sounds so... you.

I confess I've had a week of drama.

I got my first ever C+ in college for upper div mechanics. The prof is a newb and absolutely impossible to meet with outside of class. I'm pretty sure everyone was in the same boat. Still... my pride has been officially kicked in the nuts. I thought I did so well on the final.

I got an A for my upper div math though! That's the course that will be the most rewarding for my research. I had a great time doing all the proofs and will be using it for a paper this summer.

My parents are driving me insane. They have been getting more difficult to deal with, with one sniping the other a lot. And they both have major depression with health troubles too. It's just frustrating to mediate. I would not have this problem if they were hired. Unfortunately, they are not hired - not because of depression, but because they are too old and experienced. Sometimes I wish Silicon Valley and all it's pyrite would burn.

But it looks like I will have a productive summer with two research internships and preparation for my research class in Tahiti!

I just hope I survive till then.
    Avatar © Chelsea Gordon, author of Not Quite Normal.

7. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    MH's Funniest Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity digitaldude's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Googlez_kun View Post
    I confess I think I can give you some drama of sorts as soon as I have a little bit of free time.
    You are such a tease...

Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

He wanted an exciting confession, I gave it to him.

Don't see why your pride should be kicked in the nuts when you did well despite getting little to no help and got an A in another class. But good luck with the internships!

MH's Most Beautiful Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Naomidee's Avatar
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Today at work some psycho lady started to yell at me, her irate (and completely irrational) complaints decorated with multiple cuss words.
    I even said the words "there is no need for that kind of language" to this lady. Even though I've had several angry customer say fuck. shit, ass, bitch or whatever to me, I've only ONCE felt the need to address their language before this. This lady was laying in to me and I have no idea what her brain damage was.

Finally, another customer standing a few feet away said, "excuse me, but you are seriously offending me with the way you're talking. This is going too far, this employee has done nothing to deserve that". After psycho lady left, the customer turned to me and said, "you handled that so well. You were so polite and I appreciate you addressing her language. That was horrible."

I looked at her, still red in the face from that crazy woman and thanked her for sticking up for me. No customer has ever done that before.

My confidence in humanity has been restored. If you guys ever see a situation like that, please say something. I felt really freaked out and bullied and it meant everything to have someone else step in and tell that lady she was over the line.

11. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 7 Member(s) likes this post
    MH's Most High Quality Poster 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member earthforge's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I confess I just read this. I had not read anything else about the movie before this. I now wouldn't pay shit to watch that movie. Fuck you JJ Abrams.

My mom was able to come up with a story a billion times more coherent and fun than that.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Imperium's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

That is silly. You shouldnt go judging stuff based on what the internet tells you so easily. Go watch it and then come to your own conclusion about it. But then again you already spoilt most of the film for yourself so it doesnt really matter...

I got a halfway through that before I got tired of it. I feel the need to defend the film because it is not as bad as he is making it out to be. Some of his criticism has merits (e.g. cold fusion, lying about khan) but he would have answered a lot of his own criticisms if he watched the film a bit more carefully and used his little grey cells (They did explain a lot of the stuff he is moaning about) or didnt tell outright lies (old spock didnt tell new spock how to win). It's not the best film in the world, and not as good as the first new one imo, but some trekkies have serious pokers up their arse. There is a reason why most reviewers liked it and it really does have a more coherent plot then it is being made out.

Btw, directors dont write plots, they direct films. The writing for both of the new star trek films had comparatively little to do with Abrams. So you shouldnt really blame him for the plots. It's not like star wars were one man did it all. I think his directing of it was at his usual level of class.

Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Judging a movie based on what you see or hear from others without watching it is bad, whether it's spoiler or not. There's more fun to be had experiencing the movie regardless, but I'm probably different in that regards.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Judging a movie based on what you see or hear from others without watching it is bad, whether it's spoiler or not. There's more fun to be had experiencing the movie regardless, but I'm probably different in that regards.
    Star Trek (2009) sucked too. Not all the award-winning FX could distract me from how the writing took a shit on the original concept.

Quote Originally Posted by Imperium View Post
    That is silly. You shouldnt go judging stuff based on what the internet tells you so easily. Go watch it and then come to your own conclusion about it. But then again you already spoilt most of the film for yourself so it doesnt really matter...
    Star Trek (2009) was already so bad, why should I waste money on such a film again?

Quote Quote:
    but some trekkies have serious pokers up their arse. There is a reason why most reviewers liked it and it really does have a more coherent plot then it is being made out.
    Actually, it's as simple as how Kirk was never this childish and stupid. Spock was never this angry and ridiculous. Uhura was never so oversexed.

McCoy and Scotty I could tolerate. But the other characters? Nope.

Also - none of them should be on the bridge at the same time in the first place. Total misunderstanding of enlistment and deployment. Star Trek had all the trappings of a military show, but substituted a diplomatic mission for a combat mission.

Quote Quote:
    Btw, directors dont write plots, they direct films. The writing for both of the new star trek films had comparatively little to do with Abrams. So you shouldnt really blame him for the plots. It's not like star wars were one man did it all. I think his directing of it was at his usual level of class.
    He is the overseer. He gave the go for a poor plot.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Imperium's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by earthforge View Post
    Star Trek (2009) sucked too. Not all the award-winning FX could distract me from how the writing took a shit on the original concept.

Star Trek (2009) was already so bad, why should I waste money on such a film again?

Actually, it's as simple as how Kirk was never this childish and stupid. Spock was never this angry and ridiculous. Uhura was never so oversexed.

McCoy and Scotty I could tolerate. But the other characters? Nope.

Also - none of them should be on the bridge at the same time in the first place. Total misunderstanding of enlistment and deployment. Star Trek had all the trappings of a military show, but substituted a diplomatic mission for a combat mission.

He is the overseer. He gave the go for a poor plot.
    It was more of an observation that you shouldnt prejudge things based upon single internet sources. I liked the first one though.

The remake of star trek was not meant to be exactly like the ones before it, hence the constant focus on it being a alternate world, an alternate storyline. It is meant to be different. It's sometimes important to watch remakes with an open mind. You do not focus negatively on the changes as much. That negativity can cloud your whole perception of the film. The experience, I find, is ultimately less rewarding than going in with an open mind.

The writing has holes, which is not surprising, it's a blockbuster popcorn flick. It's not like TNG's "The Inner Light" episode but its not atrocious either. It's not meant to be a space drama but a modern action film, it's unfair to judge it's writing by different standards. But I suppose that is the problem, people dont like the fact that it is an action film now and are unwilling to suspend disbelief for two hours of decent entertainment.

You overestimate his ability to veto what the studios want. He already has signed a contract to direct the sequels. The blame for the plot can (and should) be put to the feet of lindelof more than abrams. Lindelof has quite the un-midas touch.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つMOLLY༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member xi0's Avatar
    Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Imperium View Post
    You overestimate his ability to veto what the studios want. He already has signed a contract to direct the sequels. The blame for the plot can (and should) be put to the feet of lindelof more than abrams. Lindelof has quite the un-midas touch.
    ...those are fighting words

Thread Closed
Page 48 of 134 FirstFirst ... 38 46 47 48 49 50 58 98 ... LastLast