Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/7/14 - 7/13/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 502 by kewl0210 , Bleach 588 (2)
Thread Closed
Page 58 of 134 FirstFirst ... 8 48 56 57 58 59 60 68 108 ... LastLast

Thread: The MangaHelpers Confessional Thread - Part 2

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Nast.J's Avatar
    Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The MangaHelpers Confessional Thread - Part 2

Quote Originally Posted by Naomidee View Post
    I would also like to confess that by taking my first biology class, I have met a lot of biology majors.
    AND THEY ARE SO WEIRD.
    Spoiler show

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つMOLLY༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member xi0's Avatar
    Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

I found wine at the store with Hamilton on it and I am so happy.
    Wine with Hamilton on it...?

Halfway 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

^ Maybe we read her post wrong and... this "Hamilton" was the guy that went with her to the store and
    he said something about Chemistry ....

Spoiler show

MH's Most Beautiful Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Naomidee's Avatar
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nast.J View Post
    Spoiler show
    Are you a biology major, Nast? My mom was one too. That's just more proof about how weird they are.

Quote Originally Posted by xi0 View Post
    Wine with Hamilton on it...?
    Alexander Hamilton!

I dunno what Charlie is talking about!

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Hardy's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Spoiler show
    Well, you're kinda weird...

Quote Originally Posted by gnut View Post
    I know it's tough on you jose...imagine me
    fapfapfap

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つMOLLY༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member xi0's Avatar
    Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Alexander Hamilton? What's the significance of him being on wine?...

Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

Are you a biology major, Nast? My mom was one too. That's just more proof about how weird they are.
    How dare you insult your mother and me! You've went down the wrong path Naomie, you should have followed your mother's footstep. See that's what chemistry does to you!

Quote Originally Posted by Hardy View Post
    Well, you're kinda weird...

Proof or it didnt happen?
    You say that about everyone anyways

But for real is there a rivalry between biology and chemistry majors at your university?
    I mean I don't think we have that at mine, basically all science majors are in the same classes during 1st and 2 years then we all go our separate ways but we're all good friends. Actually many of my friends are in chemistry majors or bio pharmaceutical majors (which is more chemistry than biology) and there's no kind of rivalry. If i don't like my program, I'll probably switch and they'll do the same. The only people I consider weird are physics majors because most of them are.

Or was it that you did bad in a biology class and it's still haunting you which years later resulted in a hate against biology majors?

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

How dare you insult your mother and me! You've went down the wrong path Naomie, you should have followed your mother's footstep. See that's what chemistry does to you!

Proof or it didnt happen?
    You say that about everyone anyways

But for real is there a rivalry between biology and chemistry majors at your university?
    I mean I don't think we have that at mine, basically all science majors are in the same classes during 1st and 2 years then we all go our separate ways but we're all good friends. Actually many of my friends are in chemistry majors or bio pharmaceutical majors (which is more chemistry than biology) and there's no kind of rivalry. If i don't like my program, I'll probably switch and they'll do the same. The only people I consider weird are physics majors because most of them are.

Or was it that you did bad in a biology class and it's still haunting you which years later resulted in a hate against biology majors?
    Both chemistry and biology are irrelevant. It's either theoritical physics, theoritical mathematics or nothing.
    "[I]If you think I'm gonna sit here idly by and do nothing, then you're right, because that's what I do here.[/I]"

Steven Hyde

Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dark lord View Post
    Both chemistry and biology are irrelevant. It's either theoritical physics, theoritical mathematics or nothing.
    There you go, i knew a physics major guy would show up! And you're worst than them, you're a mathematics major as well! Naomi managed to start a war! Who's next art, psychology, law, music major ?

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

There you go, i knew a physics major guy would show up! And you're worst than them, you're a mathematics major as well! Naomi managed to start a war! Who's next art, psychology, law, music major ?
    How teenagerly stereotypical of you.
    "[I]If you think I'm gonna sit here idly by and do nothing, then you're right, because that's what I do here.[/I]"

Steven Hyde

11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by xi0 View Post
    Alexander Hamilton? What's the significance of him being on wine?...
    I loved learning about Hamilton in high school. I thought he was very interesting. When we had a debate about the revolution in class, I played Hamilton.
    I also love wine.
    The two being together is pretty awesome and it made me happy. The price wasn't the best. Definitely worth it though.

She should have been a chemistry major and she knows it. She minored in MATH. I mean, what the hell? Those two fields (math and biology) don't compliment each other hardly at all. Now math and chemistry are definitely a good couple.

Rivalry? That would suggest you're in the same league.
    But no, there really isn't a rivalry here either. Chemistry and biology majors have very few classes together here. Biochemistry majors have much more in common, but there still isn't what I would call a 'rivalry'. I didn't even know any biology majors (maybe one or two) before this class. I've had more courses in common with engineers and physicists.

I didn't know you were a physics major?? Besides, physics basically goes hand-in-hand with chemistry. Same with math. The lines between the two are kind of vague sometimes.

Hound of Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member benelori's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

But even the latter don't amount to much if they are not applicable in technology/engineering

14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

She should have been a chemistry major and she knows it. She minored in MATH. I mean, what the hell? Those two fields (math and biology) don't compliment each other hardly at all. Now math and chemistry are definitely a good couple.
    There's no need for two things to compliment each other to like them both. Hell, i wanted to minor in japanese but i couldn't because of the deadlines. Now there's nothing in common between those two (Japanese and biology) Both don't compliment each other but i still like them both. Sometimes people enjoy two completely different things.

People minor in things they enjoy but that they couldn't choose as a program or just wouldn't for different reasons. There's also some people that take minors to compliment their majors.

And in biology, we actually need maths. I thought we wouldn't but in my microbiology/imunology, molecular/cellular, ecology, environmental classes, it was all about maths and biology but people tend to think that those two subjects are unrelated. Biologist need to use maths as well, believe it or not. In ecology as well and in many other biology related fields.

So in a way your mom was smart because minoring in maths probably helped her in many of her biology classes and in her career probably.

Rivalry? That would suggest you're in the same league.
    But no, there really isn't a rivalry here either. Chemistry and biology majors have very few classes together here. Biochemistry majors have much more in common, but there still isn't what I would call a 'rivalry'. I didn't even know any biology majors (maybe one or two) before this class. I've had more courses in common with engineers and physicists.
    Ah now that i think about it, you're right there can't be any rivalry and we're not in the same league as well. We're in a way higher league there's no point in comparing both.

Also you just said that you met the most biology majors in your class and that they're all weird, man I've met many weird people on this planet but i can't generalize it to an entire subject. Shit happens, I've met weird people in every programs. Hell, everyone that isn't in a science program thinks of science students as weird people or are just too impressed by the fact that we're in a science branch when it's not really a big deal haha

Quote Originally Posted by benelori View Post
    But even the latter don't amount to much if they are not applicable in technology/engineering
    There we go, Naomi definitively started a war. I called it. Dem chemistry majors always looking for fights..

But for real, I definitely don't hate any majors (even chemistry majors ), if you like your branch then go for it. Every science branches has proved to be useful for the progress of science, they've all helped each other in bringing science to where it is today.

Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

I confess that the conversation is very off topic and I stopped caring.

MH's Most High Quality Poster 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member earthforge's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Biology students are wacky here. They are competitive but incredibly social. Somehow they are able to consume entire pizzas while talking up a storm. I wonder how I'll be able to deal with them during my class in the Pacific...

The only people I consider weird are physics majors because most of them are.
    Hey, I resent that remark!

Though I just got bitched at indirectly by a physics grad student who is angry that I'm working with a group of students to clean out one of the old offices. I guess that's why physics students are considered weird, or at least antisocial pricks.
    Avatar © Chelsea Gordon, author of Not Quite Normal.

Thread Closed
Page 58 of 134 FirstFirst ... 8 48 56 57 58 59 60 68 108 ... LastLast