Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 592 by BadKarma , Gintama 506 (2)
Thread Closed
Page 123 of 134 FirstFirst ... 23 73 113 121 122 123 124 125 133 ... LastLast
Results 1,831 to 1,845 of 2003

Thread: The MangaHelpers Confessional Thread - Part 2

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Hardy's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The MangaHelpers Confessional Thread - Part 2

If he does, I bet that there will be a ton of Nuno x blai fanfics

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つMOLLY༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member xi0's Avatar
    Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, we have a dream thread for this, somewhere

3. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    Well, the one thing I would comment on is the idea that having your own business would require you the same amount of work you are doing now. I guess it is possible but in most cases I would find the idea weird. Presumably you are starting small which means you will be working with very limited resources. At the start you are likely to be lucky to just break even. Your resources being limited has the implication that you can't just spend money to solve certain things BUT shit still has to get done. Which means you have to do it or you have to further overwork some other poor SOB to do it. I have no idea of what your current work situation is with your bosses but you might just find out why they act the way they do (or worst if you consider its your money that is lost when something does not get done or someone does not do something well).

Now, I am by no means trying to dissuade you, having your own succesful business would by all intents and purposes be far more rewarding on multiple accounts than working for someone else. I am just making the point that its unlikely that the amount of work and stress you put into a regular good job with good benefits and whatnot is unlikely to be the same you will need for your own business. Its one thing when you work for someone and you are using their resources to generate profits for them in exchange for an income and it is an entirely different matter when its your resources you are using to make money and you depend on your work and that of employees to make your resources yield profit.
    No, it requires far more work because you're doing everything by yourself at first. At his current workplace, there are people for everything - few for IT problems, few to interact with and help customers, few to do finance stuff, few for lawyering, and etc. If thornles is his own man, then he'll have to do all of that until or unless he hires more people. It takes far more work, and you're less likely to break even when you start out unless you already have the equipment, location, and/or clients.

Being an entrepreneur is a very hard work, especially with the amount of risks one would have to take.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    No, it requires far more work because you're doing everything by yourself at first. At his current workplace, there are people for everything - few for IT problems, few to interact with and help customers, few to do finance stuff, few for lawyering, and etc. If thornles is his own man, then he'll have to do all of that until or unless he hires more people. It takes far more work, and you're less likely to break even when you start out unless you already have the equipment, location, and/or clients.

Being an entrepreneur is a very hard work, especially with the amount of risks one would have to take.
    I was just mentioning a very general "boss" scenario. In general a being your own boss scenario does kinda require at least a proper minion for you to mercilessly overwork (not because you are evil, you just don't have a choice, you get to choose to be evil later although I don't think that is a good business model). I would guess that even a startup would generally require at least some help but then again that would depend on the details of whatever he intends on doing.....

Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

The problems would lie in having enough money to hire someone and being able to trust them though. He might not be able to get someone to work for him immediately if he can't pay the person, and few would join thorny's venture if they already have a stable job.

The Original 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member thornofcarrion's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Miyagi View Post
    Perhaps it's because I'm the type of person who tends to minimize risks but I guess I wouldn't quit my "good job with decent salary and benefits" and start my own business. I don't know the economical situation in Pakistan or the likelihood of success in your line of business but just like there's a chance that you can make more money, there's a possibility that things may not go your way and you may find yourself in a difficult position. Not to mention, you're planning to get married soon which means you may need solid financial income. Being your own boss sounds appealing at first but it comes with additional responsibilities and stress which may affect your private life adversely. If you see a future in the company you're currently working in, I would think twice before making such a move. Rude, inconsiderate bosses are everywhere, just ignore them, don't let them get under your skin. If you really think a new business will make your life better, then I wish you the best of luck, just make sure it's the right decision for you.
    Thanks. I have been in real life long enough to assess or weigh my options. Being boss or having bad bosses doesn't mean I will jump at stuff on a whim. I would not start a business unless I am sure it can work.

thorny, unless you have the entrepreneurial spirital and personality and the willpower to never give up, you're not better off going into your own business. It's hard work, and you will have to likely start from scratch, so there's the funding that you need to be worried about. You also have to find a way to make sure your business gets attention and makes people want to go to you. You also have to take a lot of risks. All in all, unless you've done your research and have an idea what to expect, you're better off sticking with your job and demeaning yourself to put food on the table.

Like most people.
    I have already considered all these scenarios. Talked to friends, relatives and people I know who are associated with business community. There are great opportunities where I am living. Its a big residential community and commercial sector is under-development. Long story short, there are areas I can explore and succeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Schabrak View Post
    Be prepared to lose some money, maybe more than you can imagine right now. And if it doesn't work, you will be in a fucked up situation for quiet some time. :/ Not trying to be a pessimist, but that's how it goes for most.
    I am prepared for that. And I will not quit from the job right away. First of all, I will try to get some months' leaves. If I will not get them, I just have to manage both work and business. It will be little hard but I have my father to help me as well during this transition period.
    Last edited by thornofcarrion; December 21, 2013 at 06:24 AM.

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

As long as you're prepared and know the risks, then go for it. Just make sure you have a backup plan just in case. You better succeed though, chubsters.

I confess I've gone for a week without soft drinks (unless cranberry and pomegranate juices count), and I feel weird. I miss Pepsi... but I haven't had acid reflux for days. My throat was probably so happy that I got sick. D:

MH's Most Beautiful Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Naomidee's Avatar
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

U GUYS.

I MADE A C IN PHYSICAL CHEMISTRY.

I FEEL LIKE A FUCKING GENIUS.

Made a B in pchem lab (should have done better), and an A in biochem (not sure how that happened because I was a hugeeee slacker in there).

11. Like 5 Member(s) likes this post
    Halfway 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

So my last mobile carrier decided to give me a free month of service despite being a pre paid card plan.

To which I just found out when I turned the old mobile on for fun and realized I had service despite not having paid for a few months. I was like...... dafek!!

But then I serious-ed because everyone has my new mobile number and I have no ideas what to do with the old one....

/I am lost..............

Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Use the old one to prank or troll people. Duh.

You're so dumb, Charles. You have a great opportunity to prank the fuck out of people, take that opportunity.

14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Use the old one to prank or troll people. Duh.

You're so dumb, Charles. You have a great opportunity to prank the fuck out of people, take that opportunity.
    lol but nah, it would have been a wasted effort. So I'd rather not.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Aruba
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
    lol but nah, it would have been a wasted effort. So I'd rather not.
    I think that is a good choice, just think what if you start using it and all of sudden you get a mail of huge bill in it

17. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Yup I agree. However this morning I heard an ad on the car radio that apparently the carrier is offering a montns free service xD.
    Somekind of holiday special.

MH's Most High Quality Poster 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member earthforge's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I confess going from writing grad school apps to writing business plan stuff is very jarring.

Grad school: "I kinda got this research and stuffs, I'm awesome but not too awesome to look like a shyster, I don't want to brag but let me brag, I have been into this since elementary school though you don't want to hear it because you've heard it before, please look at this rather cool pile of publications."

Business: "I'M THE MOST AWESOME PERSON IN THE WORLD GODFREAKINGDAMMIT, HEAR MY ENTREPRENEURIAL VISION FOR THE WORLD, FOR I AM TOTALLY BRIMMING WITH BRILLIANCE AND INSANITY! I WILL RULE AS THE NEXT BEST THING TO SLICED BREAD AND BUTTER! I AM KING! I AM THE KING!"
    Avatar © Chelsea Gordon, author of Not Quite Normal.

20. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Chibi Onihime 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Iceiphoenix's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

I confess that I accidentally ripped my pants the other day (yes, near the butt area). Thankfully, it wasn't in public; I was at a friend's place.
    My friend lent me a pair of her pants before I went home, and when I arrived home, I quickly changed into my usual PJ shorts and chucked my ripped pants into the washing machine.

When the pants came out of the wash, I feigned ignorance and blamed the washing machine so that I won't get an unpleasant earful from my mum.

22. Like 5 Member(s) likes this post
Thread Closed
Page 123 of 134 FirstFirst ... 23 73 113 121 122 123 124 125 133 ... LastLast