Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo

View Poll Results: Rate This Chap !!

Voters
121. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1] Awful/Boring

2 1.65%
  • 2] Average

15 12.40%
  • 3] Good

40 33.06%
  • 4] Great

49 40.50%
  • 5] Epic

14 11.57%
  • 6] Top 10 in One Piece

1 0.83%
New Reply
Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast

Thread: One Piece 702 Discussion/ 703 Prediction

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity REN KOUEN's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece 702 Discussion/ 703 Prediction

Quote Originally Posted by vagabond87 View Post
    While I would like this it might be hard for any of Whitebeard commanders to come mostly because Doflamingo organized Mera Mera no Mi as prize like few hours ago and New World is pretty big place and for now I dont think that there is method to fast travel there(beside flying and sky roads).
    yes most of the fighters must have already been on dressrosa , it is an obvious set-up and an obvious trap

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member RichardMNixon's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I also have a hard time imagining Marco and Joz saying "Yeah, it seems like a good idea to play Doflamingo's little game in order to win!" as opposed to, "Hey Doflamingo, nice little island you got here, it'd be a shame if something happened to it... or you... why don't you hand that over?"
    The Grain Pirates. Scourge of Spelt, Corsairs of Corn, Rogues of Rye, Buccaneers of Barley, the Freebooters of the Farmland.
    What reason is there to stop a man from sailing?

3. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity matzik1212's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

I think Luffy will be able to eat the mera DF but that will cost him another few years of his life . I just still can't get used seeing Ace's DF displayed like that as some sort of cheap prize for those retards . It's degrading its value IMO In Luffy's place I would wipe the floor with those idiots

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by matzik1212 View Post
    I think Luffy will be able to eat the mera DF but that will cost him another few years of his life . I just still can't get used seeing Ace's DF displayed like that as some sort of cheap prize for those retards . It's degrading its value IMO In Luffy's place I would wipe the floor with those idiots
    noooooooooooooooooooo

One piece is possibly one of the best mangas ever, To be honest, I think It's much better then HxH and DBZ who both have had higer sales... anyways.
    Luffy getting Mera Mera no mi, would ruin this manga.

6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity MiyamotoMusashi's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MissSuicideSheep View Post
    noooooooooooooooooooo

One piece is possibly one of the best mangas ever, To be honest, I think It's much better then HxH and DBZ who both have had higer sales... anyways.
    One Piece is the best-selling series in history of manga. It sold almost twice as much volumes in Japan than Dragonball with 156 million copies.

8. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member OtakuModeEngage's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by s2k03 View Post
    Why cant he use the mera mera fruit? his whole body is made out of rubber, his body could endure the extra stress. Also how could he not view that as sentimental its the ONLY thing that is from ace so of course he will value it, there is no way he wont care that would be retarded....
    Oda has stated both in the manga and in interviews that it is impossible to have more than one fruit, and that BB is an exception. There is nothing exceptionally special about the gum-gum fruit (compared to other fruits) that would allot for a second fruit, so I doubt he will be able to take a second. Or rather, from the fact presented thus far, it is impossible. And the fruit in question likely isn't from Ace, so it can hardly be called 'the only thing left'. Even if we use One Piece logic to say the fruit wasn't digested, there is still Ace's teeth that tore it apart during the eating process. It is more likely that this mera mera is an experimental fruit than the exact one that Ace used, something contrived in the lab. And fake fruit is nothing to get sentimental about.
    Last edited by OtakuModeEngage; March 22, 2013 at 03:14 PM.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity matzik1212's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

noooooooooooooooooooo

I don't get why would that make everything bad tbh Rather it would make Luffy more badass than ever . It would be amazing IMO .

God I wanna see Luffy's reaction already Also I hope the tournament will be a short one , I hate this delaying the current arc . I wanna see more of Dressrosa

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ukimix's Avatar
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

noooooooooooooooooooo

Wow, you're touching my heart and my thoughts. Some days ago I wrote that if Luffy eats Ace's fruit Oda will be fired for ruining his fabulous manga. That's an exaggeration, but I like very much his original idea of creating a manga in which the protagonist has a ridiculous power. I hope he won't betray that original and well executed idea.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member RichardMNixon's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Am I the only still considering that Luffy won't care about Ace's fruit? It's a devil fruit, not a person. Ace didn't even have it while they were growing up together. Luffy's brother is Portgas D. Ace first and Fire Fist second.
    The Grain Pirates. Scourge of Spelt, Corsairs of Corn, Rogues of Rye, Buccaneers of Barley, the Freebooters of the Farmland.
    What reason is there to stop a man from sailing?

13. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by matzik1212 View Post
    I don't get why would that make everything bad tbh Rather it would make Luffy more badass than ever . It would be amazing IMO .

God I wanna see Luffy's reaction already Also I hope the tournament will be a short one , I hate this delaying the current arc . I wanna see more of Dressrosa
    It's not like power levels matter in OP. Oda designed Luffy's fruit because it looked cool, not because it was strong. Combining mera mera no mi and gomu gomu no mi would look awesome. It would fit the story so well. It's not like hax powers matter. Every other character is hax. It's a plot driven manga. Giving Luffy more power won't change anything.

15. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner yhzc's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm quite sure luffy won't eat the fruit. It still has some sort of memories about ace, but thats really it.

I think he will care, that someone he likes eats the fruit. I can really imagine a scene, where some friend (maybe they meet someone new on the island) wants to have it and luffy just says "Sure eat it. It's not like this fruit was everyhing to Ace."
    Maybe someone will eat the fruit be accident. The strawhats might get it somehow, then start a huge party at the end of the arc und then luffy really does eat the fruit, but nothing happens
    I don't know, there are soooo many possibilities about the fruit. It might even be fake, as some people said before, but I really hope it's the real one.

17. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Naruffy's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I feel like Luffy would have to suffer another Aokiji type loss to even truly need the Mera Mera fruit. Most of his fights so far haven't really warranted the need to get another fruit/powerup yet.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Bouvet Island
    Post Thanks / Like

First of all BB didn't eat WB's df, he only took the df power, it wasn't shown him eating it so please don't say like it as an already established fact.
    Second, the argument that Luffy can consume a 2nd df because of his rubber body, it's wrong too. Rubber is destructible, Luffy was hurted by impact dial, now imagine the 2 dfs fighting inside his body with the equivalent power of multiple thermonuclear warheads or higher, rubber is vaporized instantly without any doubt.

Finally, if the future Luffy has the elastic power like kid-buu in DBZ, then I'm afraid the only one who can beat him is the resurrected SSJ3 Goku.

Even gods could not be absolutely certain whether they existed at the most fundamental level of reality or were themselves simulated.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member s2k03's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Schabrak View Post
    Even if there some hints to DF being created by an a ancient civilization somehow as one type can already be replicated by a scientist already, I would have liked if it really was about two devils not being able to work within a body. XD At topic: What exactly stops devil fruit users with similar durability/stretchability to Luffy from eating a fruit? Because some obviously might have already tried and are dead now. Devil Fruits exist for centuries, the book full of DFs is token of that, so there must be something special and unique about Teach's body. Giving the hero and one of the two nemeses the same ability to obtain more than one power would be bad story telling Imo, I dearly hope it won't happen and Oda has given no clue that there is a need for that right now. Why change a formula that works perfectly?
    Yeah somebody before luffy with the rubber devil fruit might have tried to do it, but on the other hand maybe they didnt and some other devil fruit user did it. Also Im pretty sure after the first person that did it there wasnt that many that tried after, it would be stupid and super risky haha.

All im saying is your reasoning sounds very reasonable, but there might be a slight possibility that nobody that had the gomu gomu fruit tried it. I wish oda would explain the 2 devil fruit rule further

---------- Post added at 06:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:35 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by OtakuModeEngage View Post
    Oda has stated both in the manga and in interviews that it is impossible to have more than one fruit, and that BB is an exception. There is nothing exceptionally special about the gum-gum fruit (compared to other fruits) that would allot for a second fruit, so I doubt he will be able to take a second. Or rather, from the fact presented thus far, it is impossible. And the fruit in question likely isn't from Ace, so it can hardly be called 'the only thing left'. Even if we use One Piece logic to say the fruit wasn't digested, there is still Ace's teeth that tore it apart during the eating process. It is more likely that this mera mera is an experimental fruit than the exact one that Ace used, something contrived in the lab. And fake fruit is nothing to get sentimental about.
    How do you know its the fake one??

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Bouvet Island
    Post Thanks / Like

About that blind swordsman, if he were a df user then one of the df abilities is manipulate gravitational field, like focus the gravitational wave at one place to make it damages the targets. Usually gravity is uniformly surrounded every objects, but making it unequaled can rip things apart. Honestly speaking, I want him to be just a very skilled blinded swordsman not another powerful df user.

Even gods could not be absolutely certain whether they existed at the most fundamental level of reality or were themselves simulated.

New Reply
Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast