Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 592 by BadKarma , Gintama 506 (2)

View Poll Results: Rate This Chap !!

Voters
121. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1] Awful/Boring

2 1.65%
  • 2] Average

15 12.40%
  • 3] Good

40 33.06%
  • 4] Great

49 40.50%
  • 5] Epic

14 11.57%
  • 6] Top 10 in One Piece

1 0.83%
New Reply
Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast

Thread: One Piece 702 Discussion/ 703 Prediction

Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece 702 Discussion/ 703 Prediction

Quote Originally Posted by MBVC View Post
    About that blind swordsman, if he were a df user then one of the df abilities is manipulate gravitational field, like focus the gravitational wave at one place to make it damages the targets. Usually gravity is uniformly surrounded every objects, but making it unequaled can rip things apart. Honestly speaking, I want him to be just a very skilled blinded swordsman not another powerful df user.
    Gravity is not the only thing that can exert a strong, downward pressure over a limited area. He could have a wind/air related logia that allows him to manipulate air pressure. Gravity is not out of the question, but it is not the only possible ability. He's now been described as an ability user, until proven otherwise, we will have to take that for granted. I predicted last week he was not an ability user. I consider myself now proven wrong.

Gravity isn't a wave. High mass objects (literally) bend space-time. The Earth is in a state of constant free fall, falling in towards the sun. Like water going down a drain, the quickest, easiest path is circular, the reason the planets all have near circular orbits. Gravity is the weakest of the four major forces. The planets are all far enough away that the angular momentum of their orbits are stronger than the gravitational pull of the sun. Gravity isn't uniform, it becomes weaker with distance. If the blind man's ability is gravity, and some sort of scientifically plausible explanation is given, his ability would have to be a paramecia that manipulates an objects mass. Oda was, of course, the man who compared magma to fire, so I am not exactly expected plausible physics.
    Last edited by Kaiten; March 22, 2013 at 10:46 PM.

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member hokageji's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten View Post
    Gravity is not the only thing that can exert a strong, downward pressure over a limited area. He could have a wind/air related logia that allows him to manipulate air pressure.

If the blind man's ability is gravity, and some sort of scientifically plausible explanation is given, his ability would have to be a paramecia that manipulates an objects mass. Oda was, of course, the man who compared magma to fire, so I am not exactly expected plausible physics.
    True, but I would like to add that gravity is typically more of a pull force... pressure typically is a push force. When the swordsmen used his ability, dofa's men seemed to be pushed from upwards, which they expressed as something heavy over them. Gravity would mean they would be pulled from their legs instead.

I am not sure if thats a wind logia, its probably something to do with pressure or weight. Just like Miss Valentine from baroque works. but rather can use it to the surroundings...
    Also, I think Dragon is Wind logia, most likely.
    “Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it.” - Terry Prachett

4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member EMS's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

These do flamingo crew look kind of weird and especial that big fat baby/adult but I'm more excited to see the blind guy fight but I wonder if he will enter the tournament..
    living in the darkness and now with a new light, i will raise to a new beginning...

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hokageji View Post
    True, but I would like to add that gravity is typically more of a pull force... pressure typically is a push force. When the swordsmen used his ability, dofa's men seemed to be pushed from upwards, which they expressed as something heavy over them. Gravity would mean they would be pulled from their legs instead.

I am not sure if thats a wind logia, its probably something to do with pressure or weight. Just like Miss Valentine from baroque works. but rather can use it to the surroundings...
    Also, I think Dragon is Wind logia, most likely.
    That is a good point. Gravity is an attractive force. For the thugs to fall down, the center of gravity would have had to have been beneath the floor. The thugs felt a heavy weight, crushing them. The old man's ability exerted pressure from above, pushing them towards the floor. Whatever he used to create this pressure was unseen, and localized. That is why I suggest something with the ability to alter atmospheric pressure. Wind is caused by changes in atmospheric pressure. I expect a wind logia would include the ability to alter air pressure, much like CC could change the atomic content of gasses. Other abilities are very possible, but a wind (or air) logia explains everything we saw.

He could have a paramecia ability that allows him to alter his opponents weight, no doubt. Technically that would be a gravity related power, but that might be too fine a line to draw for a shounen manga
    Last edited by Kaiten; March 22, 2013 at 11:52 PM.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity danzouismadara's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

zoro is getting a new sword from wano i can feel it. anyways it seems like this tournament is between swordmen?? right? so how will luffy fight? therefore i think he wont enter the tournament because he wont care about ace's fruit. zoro will fight for fun and the blind dude will fight for the fruit. kinemon will participate but i think next chapter we will switch to law on green bit

Can someone message me an anime that's similar to d grayman or claymore or deathnote?

Ive seen Deathnote, deadman wonderland, fairytale, shigurui, ao no exorcist, beelzebub, samurai champloo, code geass, devil may cry, Hakuouki, monster, blood plus, gantz. Basically, something with demons and gore.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Why would he need another wano sword, he seems pretty fine with his current three.

Please read a scanlation from a good translator, Mangarule's is available on batoto. They talk about gladiators not swordsman.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner yhzc's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I can't see Zoro switching his current swords either. each of the three swords have some sort of history. The one he got from kuinas father ist quite obvious.
    He might have to fight for the sword of Wano in Wano country, so the samurai there acknoledge him as worthy to hold the sword.
    I think the cursed sword will be important at an other point in the story because so far, we haven't seen any curse at all.

so all in all, I hope and think, that Zoro will stick to his current three swords, but there will be some more story about them in the future.

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ukimix's Avatar
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

I wonder if cnet will keep translating. He stopped 2 weeks ago.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Schabrak View Post
    Why would he need another wano sword, he seems pretty fine with his current three.
    There is a small, insignificant, outside chance that he will have to return Ryuma's sword whenever they end up traveling to Wa. Taking away Shusui and giving him another sword though seems terribly random and pointless to me. I expect that Zoro proves his honor at Wa, earning him the right to carry the great sword. The Shogun (or other high official) gifts Shusui to him, making him the sword's rightful owner, symbolizing the respect Zoro has earned from the Samurai, and his rising status as a great swordsman.

Word of advice: If anyone still reads mangapanda version, be sure to cross check before joining discussion. They make frequent, massive translation errors, leading to considerable confusion. While not reliable, Mangastream is still significantly better. Mangarule is by far the best. Best advice is to wait a few extra hours for the better translation. MR, and MS, come out the same day as Mangapanda, it's not that long a wait.

12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I believe that there is a zero chance for him to return the sword willingly, it's his rightfully, passed on by the previous owner and he's been using it daily for two whole years already. It would be the first for Zorro to accept such idiotic circumstances Imo. There may be a small chance as you mentioned, but it wouldn't work with his type of character, as that sounds more like fanfiction than Oda's OP.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member MiyamotoMusashi's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

To be honest, i think Kinemon´s reaction is already a foreshadowing how the citizens/important characters on Wa No will react to Shusui. Even before Kinemon challenging Zoro to a duel for the sword, i thought that it could become an issue since Zoro practically can not explain where the sword comes from, especially to people who have no idea what a Devil Fruit is. It could even be the catalyst to the problems that always arise initially every time the SHs reaches a new country or island, though just like Kaiten explained, i think Zoro and of course the entire SHs will gain the trust of the Shogun/Emperor (depends on period of Japan Wa No is modeled after), just like they gained the trust of Neptune, Iceburg, Dalton or Gan Fall/Viper, maybe even by liberating Wa No from Kaidou.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Schabrak View Post
    I believe that there is a zero chance for him to return the sword willingly, it's his rightfully, passed on by the previous owner and he's been using it daily for two whole years already. It would be the first for Zorro to accept such idiotic circumstances Imo. There may be a small chance as you mentioned, but it wouldn't work with his type of character, as that sounds more like fanfiction than Oda's OP.
    I wouldn't say there is a no chance, more like .00000000000000000001% chance. It is within the realm of story possibilities, only it's something to pointless to actually happen. The Samurai accepting Zoro as brethren, and ceremoniously passing Wano's treasure to him makes far more story sense.

---------- Post added at 12:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:38 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by MiyamotoMusashi View Post
    To be honest, i think Kinemon´s reaction is already a foreshadowing how the citizens/important characters on Wa No will react to Shusui. Even before Kinemon challenging Zoro to a duel for the sword, i thought that it could become an issue since Zoro practically can not explain where the sword comes from, especially to people who have no idea what a Devil Fruit is. It could even be the catalyst to the problems that always arise initially every time the SHs reaches a new country or island, though just like Kaiten explained, i think Zoro and of course the entire SHs will gain the trust of the Shogun/Emperor (depends on period of Japan Wa No is modeled after), just like they gained the trust of Neptune, Iceburg, Dalton or Gan Fall/Viper, maybe even by liberating Wa No from Kaidou.
    That I do agree with. Shusui will at first be a source of strife, until the people of Wa learn what type of people the Strawhats are, and that Zoro could not be a grave robber, he's too honorable.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

How about a crackpot theory. Back when mononosuke flew and one more time after that we saw doflamingo's face behind him or something of the sort and mononosuke kinda lost consciousness. What if at the time mononosuke was being controlled by doflamingo somehow? Doflamingo seems to have some puppet related ability so the whole thing makes sense to some degree. Now, if doflamingo can control an ability user like that then what if he can control all of the users of the artificial smile fruit? He simply adds his own power to the mix somehow and he is then able to control the users of the ability. If this is true then the implications are gargantuan and law would have definitely failed to see the full scope of what doflamingo was trying to accomplish. He makes the fruit, he makes his profit but rather than making his enemies (the yonko are fellow pirates and enemies in the end) strong he increases the numbers of his own personal ability user army. Its not that kaido would have 500 ability users in his crew, doflamingo has and he got paid good money for it. Law is aiming for the destruction of kaido however so is doflamingo. Heck, doflamingo might as well have already destroyed him if my theory is true, kaido just does not know it. Of course, in this case doflamingo is not actually worried about kaido destroying him but rather he is worried about him not getting enough of his fruits out there to have a large enough army. In a worst case scenario doflamingo could be aiming to infiltrate all yonko like that. Any thoughts?

17. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I've had very similar thoughts in the past, well quite the same, but even if Law wouldn't know the full scope of his powers, it wouldn't be on him to take down Doflamingo, while still getting a new production out of the way. The end of this arc has gonna better be bombastic.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member MBVC's Avatar
    Country
    Bouvet Island
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten View Post
    Gravity is not the only thing that can exert a strong, downward pressure over a limited area. He could have a wind/air related logia that allows him to manipulate air pressure. Gravity is not out of the question, but it is not the only possible ability. He's now been described as an ability user, until proven otherwise, we will have to take that for granted. I predicted last week he was not an ability user. I consider myself now proven wrong.

Gravity isn't a wave. High mass objects (literally) bend space-time. The Earth is in a state of constant free fall, falling in towards the sun. Like water going down a drain, the quickest, easiest path is circular, the reason the planets all have near circular orbits. Gravity is the weakest of the four major forces. The planets are all far enough away that the angular momentum of their orbits are stronger than the gravitational pull of the sun. Gravity isn't uniform, it becomes weaker with distance. If the blind man's ability is gravity, and some sort of scientifically plausible explanation is given, his ability would have to be a paramecia that manipulates an objects mass. Oda was, of course, the man who compared magma to fire, so I am not exactly expected plausible physics.

Gravity does have a wave form, that's called gravitational wave. Anyway, the second hypothesis is the mass acceleration inertia which is the same as gravity (in general relativity). Besides, I believe the blind swordsman cheated on that game too, he used his abilities to land the ball on white spots by controlling the inertia of the ball basically.

" Gravity would mean they would be pulled from their legs instead."

No, gravity affects the entire mass not just the leg part, if he could manipulate gravity then their entire bodies were forced to fall down, pulling the legs means that gravity doesn't affect the main body isn't right.
    Last edited by MBVC; March 23, 2013 at 05:28 PM.

I realized that I am merely a conscience programmed into a game.

New Reply
Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast