Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 506 by Bomber D Rufi

View Poll Results: What will happen to Franky?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Franky will win. (Franky CANNOT lose...he's Franky dammit!)

5 45.45%
  • Franky will be rescued. (Raizel, reinforcemnts from Lukedonia, or something along those lines)

6 54.55%
  • Franky will be captured. (Possibly to be the Lady Werewolf's love slave.)

0 0%
  • Other (Please Post)

0 0%
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Noblesse Chapter 274 Review

MH's Best Reviewer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Noblesse Chapter 274 Review

Last week's poll was on Rael VS Yuri. Though the outcome remains undecided. If you picked Rael, as the vast majority did, your feeling pretty good right now. For those of us that picked other options *cough*likeme*cough*...not so much.

Now onto the review!

Chapter Summary

The Union certainly isn't being half-assed about this...

This week picks up with Rael having just made his appearance at the school as Takeo, M-21, and Regis are pretty much incapacitated by a poison Kelvin, Yuri, and Mark tricked them all into taking (though they made it easy).

Rael, supremely pissed off that Yuri was talking about Seira, throws out a slew of insults and basically tells them to shut up. Kelvin doesn't like this and attacks but Rael is far to fast and gives him a shallow stab to the back.

Yuri assesses that since he's a noble he's probably with the RK-4 but Rael corrects him and says that he plans to kill them too, after he kills Yuri's group. Yuri has an overconfident chuckle at that comment and they start the fight. He isn't chucking long as Rael proves far too fast and strong and forces them back and Yuri calls Mark up to help. While they do this Regis tosses Rael his earpiece.

When he puts it on Tao gives him a nudge by telling him "things Yuri said about Seira". Whatever hilarious lies he told, it worked because Rael is beyond pissed and get out his soul weapon intent on turning Yuri and his friends to dust with it (Now might be a good time to say goodbye to the school). This time when they fight all three of them get blooded and Rael only has one question. "Who is the one named Yuri?"

Meanwhile, at the scene of Frankenstien's battle, he and the 5th Elder are having quite a fight; and, shockingly, the 5th Elder(by herself!!!) is winning as well as enjoying herself immensely. His dark spear also has started to work it's way up to his elbow, likely meaning it's steadily getting harder to control. Amid this grim situation, things get substantially worse when the 6th Elder shows up. He's a man with red hair and an eye-patch, and judging from his red eyes is one of the traitorous clan leaders. So...that's obviously not good.

Chapter Review

Cut to Yuri pointing at Mark and saying "That's Yuri right there!"

Substance

Lots of interesting developments this week for both fights.

On the Franky side, the fact that the Lady Werewolf seems not only to be able to hold her own against Frankenstein but may actually be a little stronger is staggering. I expected her to be strong but being able to stand on even footing with him greatly surpassed my expectations.

The 6th Elder's appearance however creates a new problem, to which I see no good solutions. This basically makes the battle unwinnable for Frankenstein even with Rajak and Seira (assuming she's recovered near 100%). At this stage he pretty much needs Raizel, or he's going to lose, even if he lets the dark spear go berserk. It's also worth noting that on the 6th Elder's eye-patch is an emblem of Raizel's sealing earrings. Possibly indicating that either he's connected with that seal or they eye-patch is some kind of seal itself; neither would be good news for Frankenstein.

On the RK-4 side, the fact that Rael plans to kill everybody (Yuri's crew and the RK-4) is about what I expected. Tao's absolutely hilarious lies do guarantee that Yuri's crew will get it first; and get it they will. Even assuming Yuri has a hidden power, Rael seems likely to tear them to pieces (and I will be loving every second of it). Though there is now the lingering worry "What happens after Rael wins?".

Presentation

Artistically it was about average. It was mostly action scenes, which lacked detail at times, but everything seemed clearly shown. The expressiveness was "ok", but the lack of detail, lighting, and shading touches didn't quite allow Rael's rage to be as palpable as I thought it could have been.

One other note is how strong a sense of Déjà vu I got when I saw the 6th Elder. I'm not sure where, but I know I've seen a character that looked almost identical to him somewhere before....

Pacing was faster than the last few weeks. The whole tempo of this arc picked up with Rael getting out his soul weapon and the appearance on another former Clan leader. I like this just because it seems like it makes things more "exciting".

Overall Rating

A chapter with some surprising twists that sped up the events considerably; a move of which I highly approve. The art was about average but good enough. It's hard not to be excited about what next week will bring.

I give it a 4 out of 5

Predictions Section

New Prediction

Can't think of anything...sorry.

Old Predictions: (22 Wins/ 27 Losses)

Nothing confirmed or disproven but it's looking really REALLY bad for last week's prediction.

Spoiler: Ongoing show
    Last edited by Jammin; March 06, 2013 at 10:22 PM.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for Everybody]
    I Don't Want This Kind of Hero [Esp. for Superhero/Comedy fans]
    Girls of the Wild's [Esp. for Romance/Martial Arts fans.]
    Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo [Esp. for Delinquent/Comedy fans]
    Otogi Taisen Fantasma [Esp. for Harem Fans]

2. Thanks 5 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Noblesse Chapter 274 Review

I liked the review this week.

I somehow can't see Franky losing this. I would think that Franky is just testing out her full abilities as we've seen him screw around before and he's never fought a Werewolf before. We'll see this.

I postulated that the Kenpachi Scouter with the image of Rai's earring on it could indicate that it's a seal that allows the 6th Elder to have some control over blood or blood fields. It would definitely be an interesting development, especially considering that Franky acts as if things are only difficult (well, more difficult, but...) now that the 6th Elder is here. It's also strange that we didn't get an immediate name for the 6th Elder.

Yuri's failing me here, seemingly.

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Mister K's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the review!

This chapter seems to somehow fasten the pace. It has been an interesting twist. However, these two battles began 10 chapters ago and still they seem to be just started, but it is getting more and more interesting. I'm specially looking forward to see why the 6th elder was set aside in this mission, this promises to be an interesting turn of events,(Jammin, do you really think he/she/it is a man? It's more like a women, isn't it?). I voted Franky will win (altough I'd love him to be captured by lady wv to be his sexual slave ) , so I'm guessing he's having a hard time 'cause he doesn't want to resort to be fully absorbed by DS to match 5th elder, thus he'd lose conciousness and be completeley dominated by that dark power, and who knows, be absorbed completely by DS and turn into some kind of beast feared even by the elders...

Regarding to the battle at school, now Tao can manipulate Rael at his wish and we might have a hilarious scenes with him, surely Rael is not smarter than RK's.

I feel obliged to acknowlegde this series as one of the best I've ever read, authors always manage to keep things so interesting that I can't never wait for next release
    Last edited by Mister K; March 06, 2013 at 03:25 PM.

6. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FrostyMouse View Post
    I liked the review this week.

I somehow can't see Franky losing this. I would think that Franky is just testing out her full abilities as we've seen him screw around before and he's never fought a Werewolf before. We'll see this.

I postulated that the Kenpachi Scouter with the image of Rai's earring on it could indicate that it's a seal that allows the 6th Elder to have some control over blood or blood fields. It would definitely be an interesting development, especially considering that Franky acts as if things are only difficult (well, more difficult, but...) now that the 6th Elder is here. It's also strange that we didn't get an immediate name for the 6th Elder.

Yuri's failing me here, seemingly.
    He definitely has been pressed before but he seems to be taking this seriously. After all from the moment the 5th took the field he stopped doing his usual joking taunts. Which might just be an indication of how serious a situation this may be. We'll find out soon enough, I suspect.

As for the 6th not getting introduced by name, that's kind of par for the course. It was a while before we learned the 7th's name as well; and we still don't know the Lady Werewolf's. I expect Franky will greet him by name and give us some idea who he is next week.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister K View Post
    Thanks for the review!

This chapter seems to somehow fasten the pace. It has been an interesting twist. However, these two battles began 10 chapters ago and still they seem to be just started, but it is getting more and more interesting. I'm specially looking forward to see why the 6th elder was set aside in this mission, this promises to be an interesting turn of events,(Jammin, do you really think he/she/it is a man? It's more like a women, isn't it?). I voted Franky will win (altough I'd love him to be captured by lady wv to be his sexual slave ) , so I'm guessing he's having a hard time 'cause he doesn't want to resort to be fully absorbed by DS to match 5th elder, thus he'd lose conciousness and be completeley dominated by that dark power, and who knows, be absorbed completely by DS and turn into some kind of beast feared even by the elders...

Regarding to the battle at school, now Tao can manipulate Rael at his wish and we might have a hilarious scenes with him, surely Rael is not smarter than RK's.

I feel obligated to acknowlegde this series as one of the best I've ever read, authors always manage to keep things interesting so that I can't wait for next release
    Yeah, I think the 6th is male. It's hard to tell with just the face and how feminine character are dawn just in general but I don't see anything overtly female about him so I'm thinking he's a dude.

I also suspect not wanting to blow up all of south Korea(what's left of it anyway) by going fullbody with the dark spear and losing control is limiting him somewhat but that's kind of the nature of his power and going berserk isn't necessarily going to catch these opponents off guard like those who didn't know who he was. These guys are probably aware that aspect of the Dark Spear since he sparred with many of these ex-Clan leaders in Lukedonia. The chances don't seem good that he'd be able to overpower them like that.

It seems to me Franky's best advantage is that he probably also knows how the ex-clan leaders fight from that sparring but that doesn't apply to the Lady Werewolf who seems much more comfortable that Franky does with this fight. It wouldn't surprise me at all if she had some aces up her sleeve yet that she hasn't shown.
    Last edited by Jammin; March 06, 2013 at 05:18 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Storm's End
    Post Thanks / Like

So the 6th elder appeared.
    I wonder if Franken is already regretting not waking up Rai.
    I mean if they all get killed, it would make Rai really sad. Especially that he once again has to live on his own in total solidarity.

Franen is quite a misleading character, Even though it seems like he is being pushed back he still seems to be confident in himself. He seems less suprised by the appearance of the 6th than the elders when he appeared so let's wait and see how this goes on.

9. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Think it's possible that we could ever see that ability that Franky used to seal off that lab where he used his DS power to create a sealing ring for Rai? I mean, that aspect of his DS power is something that we've never seen him use in a fight. We've never seen Franky use a shield, but it's always possible that he could create one.

11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member strixflash's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks once again for the amazing review! (I checked like 5-6 times for review and you posted it after 10-15 min I slept ~_~ )

Frankly speaking I found Franky and 5th's fight boring. There wasn't any feeling which is usually present in a battle in Noblesse. Fight was artistically too weak.....but neverthless good plot developments.

I think we would see why 6th wasn't send to Korea. Perhaps he's some trump card or another reckless maniac so Union didn't sent him. It would be interesting if he is not a traitor clan leader though that seems highly unlikely. Maybe his eye is modified or it was destroyed by Franky (or possibly Rai?).

Maybe he's on good terms with Franky seeing traitors were followers of Raizel.

When I re-read the chapter, I thought what if 6th read the minds of KSA Agents (Na-Yonsu/An-Sangeen) and realized about Rai? But I don't think author would use this plotline though it would be highly interesting. I am expecting traitors to go to Rai's shrine with Franky and others.......or maybe Karias would show up and stop them. Still 3 Top Elders won't be an easy thing to handle.

You know I was also expecting Kalvin and rest to point out and say : "He's Yuri!". I guess Tao once again showed that he's not some fool unlike the rest of RK..... Well, he even manipulated Frankenstein to skip house chores (poor Takeo and M-21).

Noblesse Forever!

13. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mohsen View Post
    So the 6th elder appeared.
    I wonder if Franken is already regretting not waking up Rai.
    I mean if they all get killed, it would make Rai really sad. Especially that he once again has to live on his own in total solidarity.

Franen is quite a misleading character, Even though it seems like he is being pushed back he still seems to be confident in himself. He seems less suprised by the appearance of the 6th than the elders when he appeared so let's wait and see how this goes on.
    I doubt he's regrets letting Raizel sleep. Even now. Because I think the thought of Raizel dying is the thing he fears most in the world. Probably much more than losing this battle.

As for Franky, I get the feeling he knows what he can do and is resolved to do it. That kind of resolve isn't dependent on winning and losing. I get the impression from his face at the end that he's increasingly unsure he can win this but that doesn't change that he needs to try with everything he's got, even if he suspects that it won't be enough.

Quote Originally Posted by FrostyMouse View Post
    Think it's possible that we could ever see that ability that Franky used to seal off that lab where he used his DS power to create a sealing ring for Rai? I mean, that aspect of his DS power is something that we've never seen him use in a fight. We've never seen Franky use a shield, but it's always possible that he could create one.
    I'm not sure. To be honest, I'm not entirely sure what he did with the ring or how his dark spear was able to do it. Knowing so little it's impossible to say. But it's certainly within the realm of possibility.

Quote Originally Posted by strixflash View Post
    Thanks once again for the amazing review! (I checked like 5-6 times for review and you posted it after 10-15 min I slept ~_~ )

Frankly speaking I found Franky and 5th's fight boring. There wasn't any feeling which is usually present in a battle in Noblesse. Fight was artistically too weak.....but neverthless good plot developments.

I think we would see why 6th wasn't send to Korea. Perhaps he's some trump card or another reckless maniac so Union didn't sent him. It would be interesting if he is not a traitor clan leader though that seems highly unlikely. Maybe his eye is modified or it was destroyed by Franky (or possibly Rai?).

Maybe he's on good terms with Franky seeing traitors were followers of Raizel.

When I re-read the chapter, I thought what if 6th read the minds of KSA Agents (Na-Yonsu/An-Sangeen) and realized about Rai? But I don't think author would use this plotline though it would be highly interesting. I am expecting traitors to go to Rai's shrine with Franky and others.......or maybe Karias would show up and stop them. Still 3 Top Elders won't be an easy thing to handle.

You know I was also expecting Kalvin and rest to point out and say : "He's Yuri!". I guess Tao once again showed that he's not some fool unlike the rest of RK..... Well, he even manipulated Frankenstein to skip house chores (poor Takeo and M-21).
    Karias is a possibility but I'm skeptical even he would be enough here.

I'm sure you know what I think is going to happen with Raizel and I think this is the arc where it will. Everybody poisoned, 2 Ex-Clan Leaders, a werewolf that makes the incredible Hulk look like a pansy. Everyone Raizel wants to protect is in bad need of protecting. In the end I think it will come down to him, because that's just how it always goes. But I think this will be....the "last" time.

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Wowzers's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I've been chuckling ever since Tao 'filled in' Rael on Yuri's unhealthy interest in Siera. I'm picturing Takeo, Regis, M-21, Kelvin and Mark all pointing at Yuri in response to Rael's question

Unfortunately, we didn't get that scene, as it broke off to go back to the Frankenstein vs The Werewolf fight. I felt it was a little uneven to go from laughing to all seriousness suddenly.

As for the fight, it IS very serious, isn't it? I think that Frankie is concentrating very hard on the opponent. The reason for that isn't the obvious 'because she is a tough opponent'. I think Frankie wants to see what she can do so he will have a better idea on how to upgrade M-21.

Now for Elder #6! His appearance made me think of this kind of personality type:

#5: What are you doing here? You're supposed to be getting ready!
    #6: I'm bored so I came to have some fun. Hi Frankie! Did you get weaker, or are you just holding back?

I'm thinking he might change sides with Rai's approval... Much to the annoyance of Frankenstein.
    Last edited by Wowzers; March 07, 2013 at 12:58 AM.

16. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Czech Republic
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice review, Jammin

Wowzers: I can see that talk totally happen And agree, someone to join Rai much to Franky's distaste would be great, muhehehe >

Tao did great, but once Rael realizes, I really wouldn't want to be in Tao's boots.

Yuri's power level obviously doesn't match Rael's. Good thing Seeing him pushed and smacked feels priceless! (Yeah, I don't like him too much :X)

Moreover, now is almost 99,9% certain, that Union will know about Frankenstein's existence, his powers and his cooperation with Lukedonia. If some "super nature" won't appear to oneshot down all elders "at once" (doesn't matter if it would be Rai or who knows who), some of them will escape and Crombel might squeeze some informations out of them.

18. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Storm's End
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jammin View Post
    I doubt he's regrets letting Raizel sleep. Even now. Because I think the thought of Raizel dying is the thing he fears most in the world. Probably much more than losing this battle.

As for Franky, I get the feeling he knows what he can do and is resolved to do it. That kind of resolve isn't dependent on winning and losing. I get the impression from his face at the end that he's increasingly unsure he can win this but that doesn't change that he needs to try with everything he's got, even if he suspects that it won't be enough.

I'm not sure. To be honest, I'm not entirely sure what he did with the ring or how his dark spear was able to do it. Knowing so little it's impossible to say. But it's certainly within the realm of possibility.

Karias is a possibility but I'm skeptical even he would be enough here.

I'm sure you know what I think is going to happen with Raizel and I think this is the arc where it will. Everybody poisoned, 2 Ex-Clan Leaders, a werewolf that makes the incredible Hulk look like a pansy. Everyone Raizel wants to protect is in bad need of protecting. In the end I think it will come down to him, because that's just how it always goes. But I think this will be....the "last" time.
    Question is what is worse for Rai. Dieing or loosing everyone he cares about? I mean due to Frankens doings Rai won't go t sleep ever again as long as there are enemy's and when he Rai realizes that most of the ones he took under his wing a gravely injured.

20. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Question is what is worse for Rai. Dieing or loosing everyone he cares about? I mean due to Frankens doings Rai won't go t sleep ever again as long as there are enemy's and when he Rai realizes that most of the ones he took under his wing a gravely injured.
    there r some time we need to do things that we dont want to do.
    letting rai to sleep was one of that time. do u guys think frank dont want to spend time with rai ?? u guys know that frank love rai more then anyone right ??
    so stop taking that frank did something bad/unforgivable

frank & co side war is very big bad news for good guys. they will need some strong guys . right now they have 4 bad guys and 3 good guys. top 4 r frank , 5th elder , 6th elder and 7th elder.i think rajak and seira can't win 1 vs 1 against 6th and 7th elder and they also have 8 elder who is not dead because of 5th elder

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Now question which Raizel would perfer. He doesn't fear death at all. But it's understandably that his friends want to do everything in their power keep that from happening. Raizel might not fear for his own life, but they do. Ironically, that makes them like him in a way.

Quote Originally Posted by suraj5898 View Post
    there r some time we need to do things that we dont want to do.
    letting rai to sleep was one of that time. do u guys think frank dont want to spend time with rai ?? u guys know that frank love rai more then anyone right ??
    so stop taking that frank did something bad/unforgivable
    I don't think he was implying that it was unforgivable, but it was something bad. At least from Raizel's perspective. No doubt about that. He made a promise and he didn't keep it. He had the best of intentions but, even so, it was a betrayal of trust the repercussions of which have not been good.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Blackdynamite410's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Franken promised to wake Rai up in a few days. We don't know how much time has passed since then. I s it a betrayal of trust if he went to rescue Seira instead of going to awaken him? I'm sure Rai will understand.

I think Rai will be the one that shows up. He has the ring that Franken gave him and the dark spear is starting to act up so I think the ring wil respond to that and wake Rai up. He doesn't necessarily have to fight as his presence alone should be enough to scare both traitors shitless.

While Feanken is clearly losing I think it has more to do with the 5th elders greater experience/ age than her power. He might figure something out to even thi gs back up but the 6th elder appearing makes that doubtful. This fight might be over.

Team Yuriy is screwed.

I think the 6th elder might still have some loyalty towards Rai. He also appears to be younger than the othdr two traitors that we've seen so maybe he was coerced into betraying RaI. Or he could be a dick whicb is what I'm leaning towards. I think hes going to taunt Frankenstein about the betrayal and Rais appaent death.

24. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Blackdynamite410 View Post
    Franken promised to wake Rai up in a few days. We don't know how much time has passed since then. I s it a betrayal of trust if he went to rescue Seira instead of going to awaken him? I'm sure Rai will understand.
    Shin Woo and his friends came to check on him because he had missed a "few days" of school. That means that a few days had passed before the mini training arc had even begun. It's probably been a week or more, at least.

New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast