Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Bleach 576 by cnet128

View Poll Results: Let us know how you feel about the manga!

Voters
40. You may not vote on this poll
  • I love it!

13 32.50%
  • I am in the middle...

26 65.00%
  • I hate it!

1 2.50%
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Do you love Naruto (manga)?

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted xXan's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Do you love Naruto (manga)?

Ok first you got a poll above. Let's see who love it, who hate it and who are somewhere in the middle. SO VOTE!

Then for those who love it how about we post 10 reasons for doing so. We have the other topic with 5 reasons to hate it... 5 reasons are not enough to love it so post 10!!!

For me:

1-I love Naruto as a main caracter. I love his ideals, i love his atitude and i love the way he fight. Even full Kurama mode is great.
    2-Awesome caracters. Can't say i read a lot of mangas but in those that i did never again have i found a great number of pure epic caracters like here. Naruto, Sasuke, Madara, Tobi (the reveal somewhat ruined it but before he was epic), Bee, Kakashi, ITACHI, Sarutobi, Hashirama, Minato, JMan and the list is to long to post here!
    3-Awesome fights. Yes i do belive they have great fight in part 1 and 2 with the exception of Madara/Tobi using Juubi as a blasting cannon... That get's boring fast.
    4-Awesome deaths. I mean it really got me how Itachi died (both times), how Sarutobi died, Zabuza and Haku, JMan, Nagato and so on. Only exception is Neji... Thing is i still hope he get's back as he is in the "kid" grup.
    5-Great ideals that we can get from this manga. Like never give up, love your friends, do everything you can to save a friend even die for him and so on.
    6-Awesome lore.
    7-Awesome bad guys. So what in the end Naruto saves most of them. For me this is NOT a problem.
    8-The most incredible quotes you can find in any manga... I mean this is epic:
    http://narutobase.net/manga/Naruto/590/16
    The list is huge here. We even have a topic on this somewhere...
    9-I love the art style. Its not as good as that from Kubo BUT its great.
    10-Best manga to debate in the battle forums!!!!

Now please take into account the above are my oppinions on this. I can understand you don't share them or if you think diferently.

Start posting and keep loving this manga. I did so for some 10 years and i have a feeling i am never going to stop to the point Kishi stops making it... LONG LIVE KISHI!!!

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LnDRash's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Do you love Naruto (manga)?

"I am in the middle..."

I don't hate it, there are things I enjoy about it, but I'm reading it more out of habit.

I really enjoyed Naruto during part 1, when Kishi was using all those cool different characters he created and was giving screen time to all of them. In part II Kishi started to completely neglect them and shifted the whole focus towards Naruto and Sasuke. The fact that the only thing I like about Naruto as a character is Sage Mode and that I'm not too interested in Sasuke doesn't really help to raise euphory either.

Since Jiraiya is gone the comedy aspect is lacking as well, which is kind of a big deal for me since I actually enjoy the typical shounen humor.

I wouldn't say the Manga as a whole is bad, but its hard to really praise it either. Probably the only thing thats holding me here in this part of the boards are the Arena Threads and the posts from people I'm used to, since I enjoy reading those.

Otherwise I'm much more of a Fairy Tail Fan nowdays.
    Click here for what I consider the definition of "simply brilliant"

Quote Originally Posted by syx View Post
    He was once a very charismatic, kind, special and inspiring person. LnDRash was a premium brand, now this brand is called LnDTRash!

4. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Impossibility's Avatar
    Country
    Bahamas
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm with LnDRash on this one. I'm reading it out of habit. I thoroughly enjoyed Part 1, and the beginning of Part 2, but since then the manga has just gone off track. I invested years in reading the manga, and at this point I'm planning on seeing it through to the end, and I'm hoping that the end is relatively soon. Naruto probably drew me into manga more than anything else, but it probably doesn't even make my top 10 at this point.

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Fire Nation
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LnDRash View Post
    "I am in the middle..."

I don't hate it, there are things I enjoy about it, but I'm reading it more out of habit.

I really enjoyed Naruto during part 1, when Kishi was using all those cool different characters he created and was giving screen time to all of them. In part II Kishi started to completely neglect them and shifted the whole focus towards Naruto and Sasuke. The fact that the only thing I like about Naruto as a character is Sage Mode and that I'm not too interested in Sasuke doesn't really help to raise euphory either.

Since Jiraiya is gone the comedy aspect is lacking as well, which is kind of a big deal for me since I actually enjoy the typical shounen humor.

I wouldn't say the Manga as a whole is bad, but its hard to really praise it either.
    Basically, this. taking only Part I into account, I'd say I love the manga. Taking only Part II into account, I'd be in middle. Taking the war into account, I'd say I hate it. Plus, Kishi is victimizing Naruto for bad reasons, whether for humor or to make other characters like Itachi look better.

What's even worse is that Kishi, in my opinion, regressed Naruto. I'm not asking for Naruto to be serious all the time, but he could be serious in battles and smart like shown. Yeah, he's done some silly things like biting Kiba, which kinda backfired, or farting, but at least he was cool throughout the fights.

Now, he's gone from at least 2-dimensional to 1-dimensional, preaching mainly about peace. Ain't nobody got time for that.

7. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Exodi's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I've only actually read Part 2 of the manga. I remember I only started when the anime went into fillers.

Naruto is a good manga. I'm not in love with it. I like it, a lot.
    Ever since the war started, however, it feels more like I'm reading out of habit.
    I, personally, feel like it went downhill the moment edo-Madara undid the ET on himself. Also, I've no interest in Tobi/Obito. Not as a villian, not as anything, really.
    I'm digressing, but that's how I feel.

I like the anime more than I like the manga, that's for sure. But that's because I love animation in general. Although nowadays I only watch an episode if I read comments about there being good animation or if there's a fight I really enjoyed in the manga.

If I were to compare Naruto with Bleach, I would say I love Bleach. I don't just read the manga out of habit. I actually have purchased several volumes of the manga. I've seen several episodes more times than the amount of fingers on my hands. I can't say any of that about Naruto.

To conclude, when it comes to Naruto, I am in the middle. Frankly....the main character isn't even a favorite.
    My actual favorite character died recently, so....at this point I'm reading mostly because I want to know how it ends.

9. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Rikudou King's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Another one who's in the middle.

I enjoy certain parts of the story, like flashbacks and a few characters, but there's plenty more that I dislike. The most disappointing part is that Kishi created this entire vivid world, but refuses to take any real time to truly flesh it out, instead seemingly making things up as he goes along. Can't help but feel that had he actually taken the time to plot things out, the story could be so much better.

11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member flow like's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

1. i love two main plot of the manga. 2. i love relationship between sasunaru 3. i love naruto development as character( some people like M3J no love this)4. i love emotions in this manga 5. i hate... many things too
    Last edited by flow like; March 07, 2013 at 05:35 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member liductan's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I used to LOVE this manga..passionately.. It's what got me into manga( I've watched anime more ). I had expectations and such great aspirations for this manga. It is hard to believe what it has turned into now..Where to begin is hard to find and I don't care too. Hating something requires a lot from me.Naruto was fine even when the war begin for me, but somewhere in the middle of the war. I got to a point where I did stop reading it. Then, I started to read it again, only to scam through chapters. I don't even know this manga anymore like I used to, ridiculously enough. Neither does the author, so it seems. Up until now, it was not interesting until the madara/harashima FB began. Reading Naruto every week is a habit, I am waiting for the end like some people. Although, I will not deny anyone who wants to read this manga in the future or bring it down. I have great moments and it was fascinating..when I look back sometimes. At the same time, it saddens me and as a fan I keep wishing the author would contemplate about which direction he wants this manga to take..
    Last edited by liductan; March 08, 2013 at 01:00 AM.

“I guess by now I should know enough about loss to realize that you never really stop missing
    someone you just learn to live around the huge gaping hole of their absence."
    - Alyson Noel

14. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Akabeth's Avatar
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm roughly at the middle and will probably finish out exactly in the middle. Getting older, changes in taste, so on and so forth.
    "Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile." Albert Einstein

16. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member RedBerserk's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

I was in the "middle" too, until i decided to read the manga all over again... it just make much more sense (strenght-wise too), with time i forgot all the details, especially because i read the chapters weekly and don't read them again, now everything is clear and this manga is not as bad as i remembered, sure it has plotholes... but it's enjoyable and its ideals remains true to its shounen predecessors (Saint Seiya, Hokuto no Ken etc.) where friendship and love had a meaning and a real impact in the story.

18. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Zasz's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd say I'm in the middle.
    Recently there have been things that I liked, but also disliked (which are the majority).
    In order to give a better opinion I should re-read all the manga, but this is something that I will do when it will have finished.
    For now i will just enjoy the FB.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Sanadan's Avatar
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I used to love it, now I just like it but there are still aspects that I love. I am not a fan of the twists and turns of the later parts of the story but what still keeps my interest is the lore of the Naruto world.
    When they go into back storys and techniques of the Sage, the Senju and Uchiha and how everything came to be Kishi is flirting with my interest big time and I love it. the past 2 or 3 chapters have been just right and it revelas what used to make the series so good, focus on peoples personalities, why they are like they are, how they came to be and it looks like it makes a lot of sense with this build up.
    Madara isn't just a crook anymore, he actually is a very tragic product of his times and so is the fun loving Hashirama, I didn't expect Kishi to bring any kind of dept to them but he is really working on it.
    Id say overall the manga for me gets a 8 out of 10. The bad parts can be straight up attrocious but there is just so much to take from it that even while dissapointed in some aspects the good so heavily out weighs the bad that it still is a strong franchise.
    Last edited by Sanadan; March 10, 2013 at 09:13 AM.
    Could the Sage of Six Paths be named Sanada Yukimura?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member IChallengeYou!'s Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Here's a middle finger for you Kishi...and you can shove it up hard!

I uhh...

What I meant to say is...

"I'm in the middle"!

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Cyber34's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm in the middle, I used to read Naruto chapters weekly during the time Naruto hated Sasuke and was focused on making a name for himself in the village. Ever since the time he made that promise to save Sasuke to Sakura, and started obsessing about him I lost a lot of interest. I'm just a casual reader now, even skipping chapters from time to time like Obito's history.
    The price of arrogance.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity REN KOUEN's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

honestly this is one of the cases where the manga >>>>>>>>>> the anime

now i know that was not the purpose of the thread, so let me stay on topic, even though i feel that this war could have been better, kabuto could have been more of a badass after all of that build up

itachi could have managed to stick around

the fight with the kages and madara's conclusion (resulting in a total ass whupping) should not have been off page

and a few other quirks that bothered me

i cannot say that it has bothered me enough to NOT love this manga

this manga has been amazing for years, and i still line up like a 13 year old girl at a justin bieber concert every week to read this manga

i do feel like naruto, the manga peaked around the pain invasion arc, and hasnt been as good since then, but it is still VERY good, and if you guys are still reading it, you obviously still love it too

just in case
    Spoiler show

New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast