Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/20/14 - 10/26/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 516 (2) , Bleach 602 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Collective reading of an Old (complete) good comic

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ukimix's Avatar
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

Collective reading of an Old (complete) good comic

The Collective Reading of Old (Complete)
    Good Classic Comics

Hi and welcome to the thread for the collective reading of good old comics. Would you like to read a good already complete comic? Would you like to exchange impressions with others about what you read? Then this is the thread to find people with whom to read that old good classic comic you want to read.

Spoiler show

If you know about a good classic comic that is not in this list, you also can suggest other old classic and good comics to add to this list. After a short research on its popularity and reception it will be included.

• How to find people with whom to read an old good comic?

All you have to do is to copy the list of suggested comics, write in front of each comic "Yes" if you are interested in reading it, or "No", if you aren't, and post your list of preferences in this thread. To facilitate it, you can copy this simpler list to wrote your preferences:

Spoiler show

Or simpler, you can post the those comics from the list you would like to read. Once you have posted your preferences, the first post of this thread will be updated including your preferences in the interested readers lists.

• When to start a collective reading and where to exchange comments about the comic?

You can start a collective reading when the members interested in reading the respective comic are enough to give it a try. The more members are interested, the much rewarding will be the collective reading. Two persons to begin a collective reading could be not a good idea, but 5 or more can be worth a try. It will depend also in how much the people are engaged in reading the comic.

Once you are enough people to begin, any of the persons interested can PM all the others and you can create a thread in the otaku finder section for the collective reading of the respective comic.

• Rules for the collective reading

Wet advice the readers agree on the rules they are going to follow in the collective reading. You can use an schelude, or not (using in this case the spoiler tag rule). Or you can choice some different rules than these two.

Here we explain those rules

Rule: The schedule
    The first one will be a schedule for the comments (not for the reading). In each case, the schedule will be discussed and agreed between the readers. The goal of this rule is to group the individual readings in a common pace as much as possible.

Rule: The spoiler tag rule

It's clear that in some weeks you could have the wish to read faster or slower than the chosen pace for the collective reading in the schedule. For instance you may want to go faster and to post comments about ulterior pages, chapters or volumes to those assigned for a certain week in the schedule. We don't want you to restrain of it. Go ahead!

To make that possible, you may adopt this rule:
    Quote Quote:
    all comments about the story should have to be posted between spoiler tags, with a little title indicating what chapter or volume our comment is about,
    ... like either of these examples:

Quote Quote:
    C+omment on chapter 35:

Spoiler show
    or

Quote Quote:
    Spoiler: Comment on chapter 35 show
    With this rule, you will get two different things: (i) your reading will be protected from spoilers you don't want to read about chapters you haven't read yet, and it will allow you to comment whenever you want to do it. (ii) you will be able to post comments about pages, chapters or volumes others than those assigned for that week in which the comment is posted.

• Currently collective readings on going

You can join any of the following collective readings which are on going:

Spoiler: First original post ot this thread show

----------------

(Re)reading classic literature is part of our current education
    and life on society. Why not (re)reading classic comics?
    Last edited by ukimix; October 27, 2013 at 02:59 PM.

2. Thanks 7 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 5 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Collective reading of an Old (complete) good comic

So I finished Shin Angyo Onshi, my impressions can be summed with one word (don't have the time to develop fully atm) : Mind blowing
    This manwha, storywise is great, albeit it was extremely short, because I think there could've been a lot more development but anyway. It captivated me since the very first chapters and that is pretty rare for me.

The characters are the forte of this manwha, although the vilain lacked proper development for me, and his motives were " weak " for me... But still, good characters !
    As for the art, I think it is rather good, it is enjoyable and fits the story of the manwha perfectly

A must read for me

4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zehahaha View Post
    So I finished Shin Angyo Onshi, my impressions can be summed with one word (don't have the time to develop fully atm) : Mind blowing
    This manwha, storywise is great, albeit it was extremely short, because I think there could've been a lot more development but anyway. It captivated me since the very first chapters and that is pretty rare for me.

The characters are the forte of this manwha, although the vilain lacked proper development for me, and his motives were " weak " for me... But still, good characters !
    As for the art, I think it is rather good, it is enjoyable and fits the story of the manwha perfectly

A must read for me
    I really like so much SAO. It's just marvellous. I also enjoyed the characters, specially the protagonist and his helpers which are superb each on their kind.

So you would vote Shin Angio, is it right?

Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd like to read the rest of those mangas in the list before that, although I've always read Akumetsu which is great too, I liked it a lot !

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

As for me I have read Shin Angyo Onshi, Ares and Homunculus so I would prefer one of the other titles (my first choice goes to Eden which I want to read for a long time now) but wouldn't mind rereading on Shin Angyo Onshi. Also I know Ascension is supposed to be good but the firsts chapters didn't convince me and I didn't continue but if it's chosen that would force me to give it another chance.

8. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zehahaha View Post
    I'd like to read the rest of those mangas in the list before that, although I've always read Akumetsu which is great too, I liked it a lot !
    So you would read all the titles before SAO... ok. I will update the first post with yours, k-dom and mine selections. I hope everybody don't vote: "I will read any of them", otherwise we won't be able to chose one.
    Last edited by ukimix; March 07, 2013 at 04:12 PM.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity MiyamotoMusashi's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Ehm, stupid question, where do i vote?

I have read everything on the current list except Houshin Engi which does not look that interesting to me to be honest, i obviously could be wrong though. Been a while since i have read Eden, so i support k-dom on that. Other than that, i would prefer Kokou no Hito and Homunculus since i think that both titles give so much to talk and discuss about.

Why did Zehahahahahaha already read Shin angyo though? Out of personal interest?

11. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MiyamotoMusashi View Post
    Ehm, stupid question, where do i vote?

I have read everything on the current list except Houshin Engi which does not look that interesting to me to be honest, i obviously could be wrong though. Been a while since i have read Eden, so i support k-dom on that. Other than that, i would prefer Kokou no Hito and Homunculus since i think that both titles give so much to talk and discuss about.

Why did Zehahahahahaha already read Shin angyo though? Out of personal interest?
    You can vote here in this thread. I will take your post as a vote for Eden, Kokou no Hito and Homunculus. You can add more votes if you want to or correct your previous votes. Deadline for voting: March 21 at 23:59 GMT.
    Last edited by ukimix; March 07, 2013 at 05:17 PM.

MH's Best Reviewer MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Sadly, I probably won't have time to join in on this but I really like the idea! Also, I've sadly read almost all of those.

I also have a suggestion if your looking for good finished series that most probably haven't read.

Superior/Superior Cross by Ichtys

It's a completed series that centers around a demon queen responsible for the slaughter of over half of the worlds human population who is known throughout the world as Maou-sama and her travels with a hero, who is on a quest to destroy her. With no idea that one of his companions is the very one he's looking to destroy.

It has a total of 15 Volumes (Superior had 9 and Cross had 6) and I highly recommend it. It doesn't reinvent the wheel as far as fantasy stuff (you'll find some archetypes, no question) goes but it's a series full of strong raw character emotion. Not to mention Sheila is an Androssi level of awesome(I'm just going to assume everybody knows who that is).

If that tickles anybodies fancy and wants to know more, I wrote a full series review back in day.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for Everybody]
    I Don't Want This Kind of Hero [Esp. for Superhero/Comedy fans]
    Girls of the Wild's [Esp. for Romance/Martial Arts fans.]
    Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo [Esp. for Delinquent/Comedy fans]
    Otogi Taisen Fantasma [Esp. for Harem Fans]

14. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

I will add it to the proposal list. Thanks a lot. It's a shame you don't have the time.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity MiyamotoMusashi's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

A few more proposals, there should not be a limit, right?

Sanctuary
    Slam Dunk
    Nausicäa
    Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou
    20th Century Boys
    Beck
    Pluto
    Hoshi no Samidare
    GTO

17. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

I would love to read Nausicäa. Proposals added.

Most Beautiful Male 2013 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member goldb's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I've not got any oldies to contribute to the series( sorry) besides maybe City Hunter and maybe Planetes; I've not read the latter but I hear many good things about it and the former series is incomplete. I'm mostly here to join and be educated by older series. I'd like to read Nausicaa or 20th Century Boys, as I've got those 2( and maybe a few of the others) on my reading list.

20. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks goldb. I added Planetes to the list. Very short. It should be no more than a month if it's chosen. :-)

22. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MiyamotoMusashi View Post

Meh because I had free time hehe

New Reply
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast