Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Collective reading of an Old (complete) good comic

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ukimix's Avatar
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Collective reading of an Old (complete) good comic

Quote Originally Posted by MattC302 View Post
    Cool thread. Great idea. Too bad I don't have the self discipline to read one chunk at a time then stop. Once I get going, I have to read something all in one go. Interestingly enough, before I even saw this thread yesterday, I had picked up Planetes from my library for a reread. And I have been planning on doing an Eden:It's An Endless World! reread for a while too. Like I said though, I can't hold back once I start reading. Maybe I'll still be able to discuss anyway.
    Then, do I add your vote to eden? It's not clear in your post.

In regards to all of us keeping the same pace, well, that's impossible to grant for sure. Frostymouse told me about a similar experience with that idea, and about how it didn't work. So I guess, the rule being about the comments and not about the reading pace, is the best we could have there.

---------- Post added at 07:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:44 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by k-dom View Post
    No in fact if you look at the bottom of the page, there is several spreadsheet like on an excel file. The one that you have to fill is the 'To fill' one.
    oooohhhhhhhhhhh!!!!

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, but it'd be more fun if we could all read at the same pace and discuss together. Plus I'd have the future events in my head while trying to remember back to the current discussion's events. I have a bad memory and I've read lots of manga so events get all jumbled up in my brain
    I think the pace of the reading will be part of the discussion. It would be sad to force us with a fixed schedule if everyone wants to read the manga more rapidly. I guess one will have a better idea on how things go after we start a serie.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member MattC302's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ukimix View Post
    Then, do I add your vote to eden? It's not clear in your post.

In regards to all of us keeping the same pace, well, that's impossible to grant for sure. Frostymouse told me about a similar experience with that idea, and about how it didn't work. So I guess, the rule being about the comments and not about the reading pace, is the best we could have there.
    Ummm....If you want. I mean, I can't guarantee that I will even be available for discussion. I was really just saying that I like the idea of this thread. Sorry.

If I could read just a certain amount of chapters per week, stop, then go discuss those chapters at the "book club", I certainly would. I just can't restrain myself(Once I get going with Eden, I'll probably breeze through the 18 volumes in like 3 days lol). It would be more fun if I could though. That's why I like the idea of this thread, I just don't fit into it well

Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

Ummm....If you want. I mean, I can't guarantee that I will even be available for discussion. I was really just saying that I like the idea of this thread. Sorry.

If I could read just a certain amount of chapters per week, stop, then go discuss those chapters at the "book club", I certainly would. I just can't restrain myself(Once I get going with Eden, I'll probably breeze through the 18 volumes in like 3 days lol). It would be more fun if I could though. That's why I like the idea of this thread, I just don't fit into it well
    Well, actualy it's your choice man. But we hope that a vote means a commitment to be reading together. So, as you can't guarantee it, I won't add you. Anyway, you are welcome to come and join the disucssion in the week we are discussing the chapters you would like to discuss.

---------- Post added at 11:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:58 AM ----------

Setting up the voting system

In regards to the voting system I have a doubt about how to articulate the system we are using, the posting system, and the spreadsheet. The spreadsheet provides us with more useful information to make a decision. We can ask the voters that have already post their votes, to use it. But some of them could be reluctant to do it. So, what if we just use both systems in a consistent way, adopting these rules:
    • We will receiving votes by any of both systems, namely, a member can post his/her preferences, or can simply add his column (and not post anything). Both things will be valid ways of vote.
    • Votes C (Can read), I (Interested) and II (Very interested), of the spreadsheet will be counted for a vote in the posting system.
    • The first criteria to decide will be the number of votes. If with this criteria there is a draw, we will be using as a second criteria the ratings reached in the spreadsheet, which can be different for comics with the same amount of votes.
    What you think?
    Last edited by ukimix; March 09, 2013 at 11:41 AM.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

[C] Shin Angio Onshi
    [II] Pluto
    [I] Eden it's an endless world
    [I] Superior
    [C] Kokou no Hito
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome Shabrak!! I will add your votes.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

I have no problem with your way of counting.
    I have added a sheet to count only the vote but i let people enter there own data.
    If your name is not in the list, add it after the last column and not in the middle please.
    Last edited by k-dom; March 10, 2013 at 06:27 AM.

9. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by k-dom View Post
    I have no problem with your way of counting.
    I have added a sheet to count only the vote but i let people enter there own data.
    If your name is not in the list, add it after the last column and not in the middle please.

Ok. thanks again for the help. Now the spreadsheet cover all, good.
    About the column added in the middle, it was me. I deleted Jammin colum, since he said he sadly has not the time for participate, and I add in his column the one of Shabrak. But well, we can keep the Jammin column in case he changed his desision.

Most Beautiful Male 2013 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member goldb's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I hope it's okay, I updated my choices on the list myself. I look forward to the next stages of this .

12. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Chile
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm ready~

Btw, i don't want to read Sanctuary again xD.

14. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member kindredxiuxiu's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey all, is it too late to get involved?

16. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kindredxiuxiu View Post
    Hey all, is it too late to get involved?
    Welcome! No, it's not lateat all. You can make proposals until next March 13th, and you can vote until next March 21th. Take a look to the first post; there you will find all the information required.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity MiyamotoMusashi's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Arashi View Post
    I'm ready~

Btw, i don't want to read Sanctuary again
    xD.
    Really, why?

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Chile
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MiyamotoMusashi View Post
    Really, why?
    I usually reread mangas that had a great impact on me, something that i would like to feel or think again. Sanctuary was a great story but i feel bored sometimes and only Tokai -pair with Hojo- make the reading enjoyable. There was nothing that in the main politics, economics or strategies that i remember to be jaw-dropped about, and was a bit of slow in the narrative but not blame for it, after all was a hard though and defined was neccessary.

Actually most of the stories i read boring me in some point of them.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Well I've filed the spreadsheet with the ratings, found that I've read quite a lot of mangas on that list, although I'm quite interested by Beck, Planetes, Touch and Holyland

21. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
New Reply
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast