Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 600 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9

Thread: Collective reading of an Old (complete) good comic

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ukimix's Avatar
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Collective reading of an Old (complete) good comic

I have changed the first post of the thread to make it a permanent thread to meet people with whom to read good old comics. I add some comics to the initial list and also I included your preferences in the current interested readers lists. Of course, you can change your preferences any time. Please check it out.

---------- Post added May 23, 2013 at 10:00 PM ---------- Previous post was April 24, 2013 at 03:18 AM ----------

Thread for the collective reading of Eden it's an Endless World opened.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

So... Any news here ?

Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zehahaha View Post
    So... Any news here ?
    Thanks for asking

The project keeps going on. Reading of Eden got canceled because it didn't get readers. So, now only Nausicaä is being readed.

It has been difficult to understand the fact that many people find the project interesting and like the idea; and, at the same time participation and discussion have been rather low.

Threads of the project has got more posts than any other in the Otaku section, and I think with Planetes we had much more interaction than what we have had with Nausica. IMO, Nausica is a master piece and a much better story than Planetes. But maybe the low interaction could happened because the plot is more complex and rich, and the political, philosophical, and ethical features are possibly more difficult to tackle than those of Planetes. (I am writing a little paper about Nausica, and I have to rewritten it twice - I will post in some days).

Anyway, in general, I think the project needs advertisement and possibly more support from the staff in this site. Also I can see that a reviewer sharing his/her impressions as long as advances it would benefit the respective reading. But that needs work and possibly not everyone has the disposition to do something like that.

Once I've ended my written comment of Nausica, I will open an invitation to read the next comic. I have to say I would like to see someone else taking an initiative like that, with what he/she wants to read. Personally, among the chances we have been discussed, Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou makes me smile the most.

Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Well if there's another manga/manwha I may advise, it is The Ravages of Time... PERFECT MASTERPIECE ! I don't think any single manga can beat it, it's just too awesome honestly

I'm gonna begin reading Nausicaa since I've finished my exams, will try to catch up to you guys

5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

Well if there's another manga/manwha I may advise, it is The Ravages of Time... PERFECT MASTERPIECE ! I don't think any single manga can beat it, it's just too awesome honestly

I'm gonna begin reading Nausicaa since I've finished my exams, will try to catch up to you guys
    But The Ravages of Time is still ongoing, so it's not for this kind of project of reading a complete good comic.

Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ukimix View Post
    But The Ravages of Time is still ongoing, so it's not for this kind of project of reading a complete good comic.
    It's still a shame to not read it tho, trust me when I say that The Ravages of Time will make any other manga look like " crap " literally, shit is too good

Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

It's still a shame to not read it tho, trust me when I say that The Ravages of Time will make any other manga look like " crap " literally, shit is too good
    I will put it in my future reading list.

Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Okay so, I've read Nausicaa for a bit (first volume), what can I say... Not a fan, have difficulties with the art (biggest turn off for me), and the whole universe doesn't really attract me either, will keep reading till the third volume and see if it worth it or not

Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

Okay so, I've read Nausicaa for a bit (first volume), what can I say... Not a fan, have difficulties with the art (biggest turn off for me), and the whole universe doesn't really attract me either, will keep reading till the third volume and see if it worth it or not
    You won't get a fair concept of the whole story with out reagind the last 2 volumes. They are the best, and make sense of all the volumes.

We are discussing it in this thread.

---------- Post added June 23, 2013 at 04:35 PM ---------- Previous post was June 08, 2013 at 04:52 PM ----------

First post updated with the addition of Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou to the ongoing readings list. It seems that reading took off nicely.
    Last edited by ukimix; June 08, 2013 at 04:55 PM.

Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

First post udpdated with the addition of Vagrant Soldier Ares.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm currently buying the volumes of Samidare in French. Volume 10 will come out in December. I know that a lot of people have already read it but if some are interested in making a joint read let me know and I will wait a little before continuing.

Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by k-dom View Post
    I'm currently buying the volumes of Samidare in French. Volume 10 will come out in December. I know that a lot of people have already read it but if some are interested in making a joint read let me know and I will wait a little before continuing.
    I totally join!! Give me some days, I'll create the thread. If you know some suggestive and also critique comments, that would help to create the initial post.

New Reply
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9