Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: The Breaker : New Waves 109 Discussion/ 110 Predictions

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Impossibility's Avatar
    Country
    Bahamas
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Breaker : New Waves 109 Discussion/ 110 Predictions

It's been a while since we've seen this guy. I'm wondering how they intend to handle Shioon. And it seems as though the other players are going to be forced to move soon in reaction to the events, I'm curious to see how the blame for the incident is distributed.

Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member DarkLordOfKichiku's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kidopitz27 View Post
    im 100% sure that the glasses guy is from BDF and from the looks of it BFD is more like a benefactor of politicians
    I don't know, after chapter 86, Glasses Guy's allegiances are a bit more ambigous. In light of Chapter 86, if we assume that he DOESN'T want the BFD to succeed in taking over South Korea, then he might come to see Shioon as being the key to stop them and therefore help him.

Anyway, I'll be very disappointed if the author goes for the "memory loss" card...

3. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

It looks like this situation actually could turn out for the better of the Murim and regular world. The SUC's goal was to cripple the Sunwoo by killing their Gaju and having the government come down on them hard. From this chapter we can gather that those from the government familiar with Murim were not convinced that the explosion was the Sunwoo clan's doing. They came up with the usual cover and they even released all of the members of the Sunwoo clan despite their attacking the swat. What they are probably going to do is educate Shioon of all they know, minus their own incriminating acts, and try to convince him to return to the Sunwoo as Gaju and persuade them to join the rest of the MAA in their efforts to stop both the SUC and the BFD that is behind them. While previously the Sunwoo was a potential threat to the SUC, if they ever worked alongside the alliance they would be a true threat to the BFD's plans.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Well this is definatly a twist... Cant say i am enjoying this. Now we have BFD/gov trying to influence shioon and we may have another kidnap arc. Id really love to see shioon bust out and appear at elder jeons funeral and everyone can just be like o.O the elder deserves a funeral for being a badass character.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member roku-sky's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm going to predict that we may see a small time skip soon. Shiwoon will heal in private and train using his meditation technique, then re-emerge in a few months to shake things up.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Judging by chapter 86, the glasses guy and the government no longer have an allegiance with each other. In that chapter, 86, we gather that the government was easily used by the BFD since they hold some sort of animosity against the MAA. Now they realize they were used and are in danger of suffering the consequences of their own actions.

That said, the government is definitely going to try to use Shioon one way or another, but it is stil left to see how. Hopefully it is by keying him in on the connection between the BFD, SUC, GMR and how they intend to use all of those elements to cause chaos.
    Last edited by 4ghost; March 15, 2013 at 09:40 AM.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Razh's Avatar
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLordOfKichiku View Post
    Anyway, I'll be very disappointed if the author goes for the "memory loss" card...
    I feel you man. Seeing that blank stare on the last panel... Well, can't not think of amnesia. Which would be worse than the start of New Waves. Just heal the little fucker already and make him learn and progress normally.
    Having said that, I think I might stop reading for a few months. It's a lot more fun to read in big chunks.
    Last edited by Razh; March 15, 2013 at 10:13 AM.

Heh
    Prediction: Dragon will appear on Fishman Island!
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!

(thank you pupil "fuck you razh" -> made me lol)

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member bighawke5's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Breaker : New Waves 109 Spoiler

Quote Originally Posted by D1mitri View Post
    The glasses guy isn't part of the BFD. He works for the government of Korea. They were betrayed by the BFD.
    the breaker glasses guy http://www.mangareader.net/530-55695...hapter-63.html

New waves glasses guy http://www.mangahere.com/manga/the_b...s/c109/15.html

Same bitches, different chaos. If you still don't believe its the same person than you are BLIND!!!! my friend.

---------------------------
    In any case this means that BFD old man leader(http://www.mangareader.net/530-55695...hapter-63.html) that has sosul might know of shiion and might actually meet him...Maybe He'll ask Shiion to join his group and that HE can show Shiion 9AD and help him destroy SUC as part of the deal....

Quote Originally Posted by 4ghost View Post
    Judging by chapter 86, the glasses guy and the government no longer have an allegiance with each other. In that chapter, 86, we gather that the government was easily used by the BFD since they hold some sort of animosity against the MAA. Now they realize they were used and are in danger of suffering the consequences of their own actions.

That said, the government is definitely going to try to use Shioon one way or another, but it is stil left to see how. Hopefully it is by keying him in on the connection between the BFD, SUC, GMR and how they intend to use all of those elements to cause chaos.
    actually the glasses guy's answer to if he believed BFD was still on their side was that only his Bosses were the judge of foes or friends and that he just followed orders. So no their alliances are not severed nor was what he said even hinting at it. Them two are not the "top", they are underlings and just answer to their bosses in the special murim department. And the bosses of the SMD choose who's a foe or ally and they chose to ally with the BFD hence why the bald guy was pissed at his bosses and explaining how the BFD just wants control of seoul so they can ally with the "FIVES" and that it'll lead to Kaiser to take over the world lol.

here I believe the special murim department (department of glasses guy and baldie he was on the phone with im sure) has been tasked with saving Shiion as he will be valuable to BFD...thats the reason no one knows anything, well except for Sera(but she knows this is way above their "pay grade" hence why she didn't want to tell Jinie).
    Last edited by bighawke5; March 15, 2013 at 12:30 PM.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member The_kid's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

sae-hee where is she? what happened to her

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

So the Black Forest Defense and their government man, although he's apparently not working for them right now, have captured Shioon. Okay, good to know.

On other news, at least we get an explanation for why the Chundomoon kid (I've spaced out his name) didn't go search out Shioon already. At the end of The Breaker, he'd left it with Shioon leaving the Murim.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member gotdott's Avatar
    Country
    China
    Post Thanks / Like

Blush Re: The Breaker : New Waves 109 Discussion/ 110 Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by FrostyMouse View Post
    So the Black Forest Defense and their government man, although he's apparently not working for them right now, have captured Shioon. Okay, good to know.

On other news, at least we get an explanation for why the Chundomoon kid (I've spaced out his name) didn't go search out Shioon already. At the end of The Breaker, he'd left it with Shioon leaving the Murim.
    Remember he did try to contact Shiwoon at one point during New Waves but was interrupted by Smug Face

---------- Post added at 08:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:41 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by bighawke5 View Post
    actually the glasses guy's answer to if he believed BFD was still on their side was that only his Bosses were the judge of foes or friends and that he just followed orders. So no their alliances are not severed nor was what he said even hinting at it. Them two are not the "top", they are underlings and just answer to their bosses in the special murim department. And the bosses of the SMD choose who's a foe or ally and they chose to ally with the BFD hence why the bald guy was pissed at his bosses and explaining how the BFD just wants control of seoul so they can ally with the "FIVES" and that it'll lead to Kaiser to take over the world lol.

here I believe the special murim department (department of glasses guy and baldie he was on the phone with im sure) has been tasked with saving Shiion as he will be valuable to BFD...thats the reason no one knows anything, well except for Sera(but she knows this is way above their "pay grade" hence why she didn't want to tell Jinie).
    You're right in that there was nothing in concrete in that chapter saying the government severed their ties with the BFD. At the same time, director's comment was that the people at the top chose to ally with the BFD for the sake of taking down the murim; "if there was a way to stick it up to the murim, they probably would have joined hands with aliens too." Note the whole conversation was about decisions made in past tense, we don't have any information on what those pulling the strings decided to do after the new intel reached them. It could just as well go in either direction.

13. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member ChaoticKen's Avatar
    Country
    South Korea
    Post Thanks / Like

A ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha. I get why the translate got fucked up on said Tuesday. Sasuke was partially right, the problem is the 화.

화요일 is Tuesday, so it's understandable why a machine could make that error I guess?

But in the context of the announcement, the 화 means chapter. 109화 means Chapter 109. Not, you know, anger.

On a side note, Friday is 금요일 and Saturday is 토요일 and Sunday is 일요일. Useful to keep in mind, since Breaker is generally released on one of those three days.

A ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha. Seriously, that is awesomely hilarious.

15. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

@bighawke5

There has never been any doubt whether the glasses guy that works for SMD was the one responsible for Shiho's shooting. What has been unclear and still remains somewhat unclear, is who that guy really works for. In nearly all of the chapters and side stories he appears in he represents the SMD that is tasked with being the buffer between the regular world and the Murim.

I think we differ in our interpretation of he significance of chapter 86. I saw that chapter as an exposé of the nature of the SMD and it's relationship between the BFD, those mysterious higher ups. It's true that he stated his purpose is to blindly follow the orders given, but there was enough evidence in that chapter to ascertain that the SMD are at odds with the path that those higher ups did choose or have chosen. That scene with the shadowy figure might also be an indication that the SMD are no longer just blindly following orders, but enacting their own plans, leaving those higher ups out of the loop. Especially considering that they, the SMD, are the ones that really understand the situation.

On a side note, what happened with Hyuk So Chun this chapter I had actually had the idea would happen to Shioon later on in the story. Just imagine all of the possible martial arts techniques lost to the world due to Unwol. The Master's who had the "privilege" to see Unwo's BOT were likely the masters of those who are currently the Munju's in the MAA.
    Last edited by 4ghost; March 16, 2013 at 02:03 AM.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Akumakage's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Um... what the hell, can anyone tell me why Ha-Ill Gang didn't say who he fought wit? Western White Star.... one of the Four Supernovas. pretty big info not to be shared. Kwon also suspects heavenly school. start investigating the two and it's movement and maybe sunwoo can work with MMA by presenting what they found out of their investigation. I would of been happy if this was even remotely mentioned in this chapter.

Also I guess there was no pic taken then. What was the point of inviting SUC out in the open then I forgot?

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member dominicanboy100's Avatar
    Country
    Dominican Republic
    Post Thanks / Like

Its doesn't matter If shiwoon lost memory... What I saw in the last page was like a new real beast or real dragon was born in chapter 109.. Man I hope the author make shiwoon more cold blood with his enemies

New Reply
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast