Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: HSDK Chapter 513 discussion/514 predictions

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Lectro Volpi's Avatar
    Country
    Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like

HSDK Chapter 513 discussion/514 predictions

Here is the chapter:

http://www.mangareader.net/historys-...le-kenichi/513

Roar as one is being called the "most terrible and taboo" technique in this translation.

Kensei's rape faces are on the rise... Fanservice too.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Mr Untouchable's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: HSDK Chapter 513 discussion/514 predictions

I knew Miu might consider killing Rimi glad to see I was right
    Also learning that Kenichi can use either type of ki was pretty cool

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member BlkPeregrine's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Definitely didn't see that coming in this chapter where Miu would question the path of martial arts she is taking after taking on someone that is of the yomi. Kenichi has made his choice after seeing Ogata in the woods. And his conviction has been tempered by the battles with yomi. This is the first time we are seeing Miu actually take on someone that says this battle isn't over until one of them dies.

I knew Ryuuto would intervene at a moment to talk about getting Rimi from going down the same path. Ogata really loves martial arts and is really to sacrifice people all for its progression. And this is the second time that Kenichi has been mentioned to be able to use either dou or sei. The first time was when Miu got hurt by a yomi attack and he had his ki explode and then he brought it all in to fight. And now this time, hopefully we get a foreshadow to Kenichi further developing martial arts and doing something that shows beyond talent.
    When you cross paths with a beast, are there any guarantees... that you won't be mauled by it

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice chapter, I actually enjoyed it even if it was about miu and rimi.

Kensei definitely has a weird stance here. I don't even see the point in teaching rimi the technique, he seemed to do it for the lol. I mean, its not even an experiment anymore, the technique destroys people, period. I guess he could be teaching the technique for his own sake, basically he is using his disciples to define the limits of the technique so that he can use it at 100% in the future.

Anyways, I am kinda surprised of the boost rimi just got from it. Isn't it kinda even more extreme than what we saw against kenichi when ryuto and sho used it? Miu had just shown how much superior she was compared to rimi and now the tables completely turned. Granted that had happened several times during this battle however I would argue that this particular technique being so much more efficient than what it was when others used it is remarkable. Perhaps it has something to do with rimi's released ki. Neither ryuto nor sho had released their full ki when they used the techniques, rimi is the first one to do so. Of course, if awakening your ki makes the technique that powerful then the risk are likely to be proportional.

As for miu, I guess it is something which we should expect all katsujinken to go through. Katsujinken is all nice and everything however there is the consideration that the ryozampaku guys have mostly fought people they are even with or at least within a range of power in which it was plausible for them to deal just enough damage to not have to kill them. If I recall the masters have even pointed out that they have to be that much stronger than everyone else to pull of what they are doing. Katsujinken is ultimately impractical it that it is a extreme position to take against people who believe they have to kill on principle. Even real life law enforcement will shoot the hell out of you if you get dangerous enough. Miu not only is perhaps not strong enough to defeat rimi without killing her but also does not have th experience the masters have fighting. Even that silat guy who was with the princess was killing guys significantly less powerful than himself simply because he did not have the skill to not kill them... I guess miu is ultimately the pinnacle of inconceivable perfection and will pull through this moment as a true katsujinken.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    Nice chapter, I actually enjoyed it even if it was about miu and rimi.

Kensei definitely has a weird stance here. I don't even see the point in teaching rimi the technique, he seemed to do it for the lol. I mean, its not even an experiment anymore, the technique destroys people, period. I guess he could be teaching the technique for his own sake, basically he is using his disciples to define the limits of the technique so that he can use it at 100% in the future.

Anyways, I am kinda surprised of the boost rimi just got from it. Isn't it kinda even more extreme than what we saw against kenichi when ryuto and sho used it? Miu had just shown how much superior she was compared to rimi and now the tables completely turned. Granted that had happened several times during this battle however I would argue that this particular technique being so much more efficient than what it was when others used it is remarkable. Perhaps it has something to do with rimi's released ki. Neither ryuto nor sho had released their full ki when they used the techniques, rimi is the first one to do so. Of course, if awakening your ki makes the technique that powerful then the risk are likely to be proportional.

As for miu, I guess it is something which we should expect all katsujinken to go through. Katsujinken is all nice and everything however there is the consideration that the ryozampaku guys have mostly fought people they are even with or at least within a range of power in which it was plausible for them to deal just enough damage to not have to kill them. If I recall the masters have even pointed out that they have to be that much stronger than everyone else to pull of what they are doing. Katsujinken is ultimately impractical it that it is a extreme position to take against people who believe they have to kill on principle. Even real life law enforcement will shoot the hell out of you if you get dangerous enough. Miu not only is perhaps not strong enough to defeat rimi without killing her but also does not have th experience the masters have fighting. Even that silat guy who was with the princess was killing guys significantly less powerful than himself simply because he did not have the skill to not kill them... I guess miu is ultimately the pinnacle of inconceivable perfection and will pull through this moment as a true katsujinken.
    Kensei is showing that he loves martial arts above all else and the advancement of the art. Similar to the masters of Kenichi as well.. and probably more than what is expressed by other members of the nine fist one shadow. Kensei wants to progress the art and knows that it is in raising skilled disciples that the art is advanced more and more. It looks that he is wanting to advance the art to the next level by combining the strengths of both dou & sei ki. And so using his disciples, not so much as experiments as it is to push them to progress the art and be the strongest... he deems it worthy to give them the risk. Because ultimately, if he can get his disciples to master it, then he will prove to be the strongest and have the strongest disciple which would then not only show it to the rest of his organization but also to the other masters of the world and then the killing fist way would be considered the way that martials should be. With that said, the Elder and the other masters are also furthering the martial arts in a different way of development by teaching Kenichi and see what happens when naturally mixing the skills of different arts in one person. I mean so far, Kenichi has only come up with one move that is completely a new martial arts, but hopefully we will get more after this arc.

As for Rimi, Sho and Ryuuto got a powerup from using that move that each time Kenichi couldn't actually handle to keep up with them... but the technique couldn't last long because of their release of ki and that they clearly were showing that they had not learned to completely release it and control it. Yet to still say, that as Kenichi's masters mentioned it earlier in the manga... the strength it took Kenichi to defeat Sho may never come back again. We don't really know just how strong Sho was, but we know that he was strong enough to be the leader of Yomi for that time and that means that he was very skilled for a disciple class fighter and probably close to a normal master. I would say that fighting Beserker right now is a good choice to to compare to Sho in strength as Beserker has been said to be a genius that is rare enough to be considered creating his own martial arts like the Elder has gone to do.

All that said, I'm just hoping that at least Kisara looses her fight and it is interrupted because of the conflict that Chikage has within and she leaves after defeating Kisara.
    When you cross paths with a beast, are there any guarantees... that you won't be mauled by it

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think the sei do combination thing is a matter of mastering.... the technique is intrinsically dangerous, using it more or "mastering" it won't change the inherent risks of the technique nor become less of a hazard to the user. Its not lack of experience when using the technique that destroyed ryuto as far as we have been led to believe. As far as we know it is not a lack of control that leads the technique to destroy the user, is it the very act of using sei and dou at the same time that destroys the mind and body.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

True. The masters from Ryu mentioned that it is dangerous and destroys a person because of it being like exploding ki and then holding that explosion within a glass container. All I mean is that, Kensei is seeing that as an obstacle and not a limit. His actions from this chapter and in the manga so far show that because of his love for martial arts, he believes that the progression of it is only in proportion to the level of risk to develop a new skill/technique. As in this chapter, he mentioned that Ryuuto and Sho were not as compatible with both sei and dou ki. So maybe he thinks that this technique is not only a product of skill to handle both ki, but to be able to match with either one. Kenichi has shown on several instances before he learned Sei ki and after that he can use either one. But he leans more towards Sei ki since it is calmer and less intimidating. Kensei also mentioned that Rimi is talented in being able to actually using either one. So its more about progressing the martial arts and even though it is dangerous and wrong, Kensei only cares about that point...and to that extent of his disciples well-being.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity LoS's Avatar
    Country
    Isle of Man
    Post Thanks / Like

This series is just so dumb. If you truly care for the Future of Rimi's health then simply knock her out while she is grovelling on the ground before Kensei is able to teach her that technique. Miu had already won the fight.

So what happened to Miu's powerup, she's just being tossed around like a rag doll but we are to completely forget about her being able to utilize the techniques she learned from Silcardo?
    The OG that ran Bleach for near a decade is no more.
    Cheers to a boss villain, I tip my hat to you Aizen

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Impossibility's Avatar
    Country
    Bahamas
    Post Thanks / Like

How is that this travesty continues on after so many chapters? This is beyond ridiculous. I'm going to be forced to draw comparison to Akira v Jenazard soon, and I'd hoped that I would never have to even consider such a thing again.

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LoS View Post
    This series is just so dumb. If you truly care for the Future of Rimi's health then simply knock her out while she is grovelling on the ground before Kensei is able to teach her that technique. Miu had already won the fight.

So what happened to Miu's powerup, she's just being tossed around like a rag doll but we are to completely forget about her being able to utilize the techniques she learned from Silcardo?
    Well, taking rimi out while in the ground would have some ethical issues at that point.I don't think miu to begin with had it in her to attack someone who could not fight back.

Well, miu is perhaps able to fight back against rimi at this point however from her line of thought it does not seem like she will be able to without guaranteeing rimi's safety. Perhaps this will be the more important milestone miu has to cross this arc as a martial artist rather than just learning how to control her ki. Miu is ultimately inferior to any and all masters in terms of physical capacity and technique and as I mentioned earlier the whole winning without killing thing is difficult even for masters of the katsujinken, it makes sense miu would be in this position at this stage. Perhaps in the future kenichi will face a similar situation too.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member bighawke5's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Untouchable View Post
    I knew Miu might consider killing Rimi glad to see I was right
    Also learning that Kenichi can use either type of ki was pretty cool
    wait....you JUST learned this? wow...

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BASED Shinigami's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

This fight between Rimi and Miu has probably lasted longer than any other disciple fight we've seen up until now. The author is really dragging this out. It's stupid. I hope Miu kills her, but I know that wont happen. Rimi wont last long using that technique, so Miu will miraculously find a way to beat Rimi without killing her or someone will intervene. Anyway, this chapter gets a F. Nothing else to be discussed here.
    My comic suggestions: Ecchi, Martial Arts, Historical, Harem, Adventure!

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Mr Untouchable's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bighawke5 View Post
    wait....you JUST learned this? wow...
    I assumed because of how Kenichi reacted to Boris hurting Miu that one time but don't remember anyone outright stating he was natural at it

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member bighawke5's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Untouchable View Post
    I assumed because of how Kenichi reacted to Boris hurting Miu that one time but don't remember anyone outright stating he was natural at it
    He's displayed dou ki attributes..ala anger driven to protect .. not often but enough to know he's not pure sei

Rimi's going to end up worse then ryuuto...oagata isnt going to stop this. In fact what's ryuuto doing? didnt he know that this was the way of the killing fists? they dont give a fuck at all basically....he's been acting strange for a while...like he knows his master will not just stop.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member serpico's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

People are confused about kenichi wen Boris hit miu and kenichi become angry it was no dou ki what kenichi show it was thirsty for blood that even akisame told a kenichi to not forget about the path satsujiken.
    now about kano sho being the lider if no because kano sho was strong than all yomi, it someone remember Rio sanpaku was more worried about kenichi fighting kushinade than wen fighting kano sho, another proof koukin the mutai yomi kill kenichi and kenichi was resuscitate for nichima respiratory mouth to mouth.
    If kashima sahotomi was no de lider the yomi wen kano sho was around it if simply because it too strong perhaps it an level master's but because he still have a master he still is a yomi and the reason why it being left for last opponent .

New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast