Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 489 by kewl0210 , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Naruto 672 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 576 (2)
New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Shingeki no Kyojin 44 Discussion / 45 Predictions

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Shingeki no Kyojin 44 Discussion / 45 Predictions

Eren's skills in fighting are really starting to show now that he's calming down and taking control B¬). He was so cool this chapter. I like how it was Annie that taught him those fight moves lol. Yeah, I like the interaction between Eren and Annie. They seem nice together, despite the whole she being a titan thing.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Demonspeed's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

I bet the fight between Annie and Mikasa has been interrupted.
    Last edited by Kaiten; April 14, 2013 at 09:46 AM.
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic172142_23.gif

3. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member teioh's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Shingeki no Kyojin 44 Spoilers Thread

Quote Originally Posted by DassJennir View Post
    Eren was kicking Ryner's ass while using his knowledge of hand to hand combat. No wonder he was praised by his instructor as being very skilled on it during some of the first chapters released.

About Annie, I may be wrong but I got the feeling she had a crush on Eren with that about about him needing to learn those moves and how to talk to girls.

Also it should be noted Mikasa showing jealousy. I feel bad if some day any girl is foolish enough to declare herself to Eren...hehe
    Maybe you guyz dream too much.

Imo Annie was simply teaching him cuz Eren, in her mind, will be an ALLY. Infact the only purpose of the three titan guys is to kidnap him after his refuse but Eren could accept their proposal and come with them. Reiner trust him too with that outing declaration before all the things mess up (I know he was a bit confused and frankly tired to act like a "normal human being" being bited by low class titan and so on).

About Mikasa: she was simply doing the stuff she is doing anytime. Protect Eren. Throwing Reiner to Annie to force her to let him from the lock.

This is my opinion.
    And about the winner: I bet for Mikasa.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Yumpo's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by teioh View Post

Imo Annie was simply teaching him cuz Eren, in her mind, will be an ALLY. Infact the only purpose of the three titan guys is to kidnap him after his refuse but Eren could accept their proposal and come with them. Reiner trust him too with that outing declaration before all the things mess up (I know he was a bit confused and frankly tired to act like a "normal human being" being bited by low class titan and so on).

About Mikasa: she was simply doing the stuff she is doing anytime. Protect Eren. Throwing Reiner to Annie to force her to let him from the lock.

This is my opinion.
    Actually, if you have forgotten, no one knew Eren was a Titan until after the "Get the Supplies" mission in Volume 2. Reiner, Bertholt, and Annie were pretty shock too after seeing Eren coming out from his titan form. If they did knew, they should've done that during their trainee days when they had lots of chances.

Annie probably taught Eren because he complimented(or liked) her technique. After all, it's Annie's father's technique not hers completely. She still feels attachment towards her father(as seen in her memories) and since Eren took a liking to those techniques, Annie allowed Eren to learn it. At best, Reiner and Annie taught Eren how to fight because they probably felt pity on him because he keeps saying "I'll kill those titans" line both knowing, at their trainee days, Eren doesn't stand a hell of chance to titans. They probably already felt that Eren was going to die early, until that "miracle" happened(Eren being a titan).

On Mikasa: Agree. It's kinda the same when Levi/Rivaille was hurting Eren. Mikasa really had the strong urge to act but she couldn't simply because of Armin stopping her, laws and etc. Though I do think it's still possible Mikasa felt a very slight jealousy at best.<--But that's probably my shipper view XD.

Also agree on the winner. Mikasa rules on height advantage, strength and probably technique. While Annie specializes more on technique but lacks in height and strength, if we believe what she's saying about being weak.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member DassJennir's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Wrong, remember Annie, Reiner and Berthold only discovered the truth about Eren when he turned into a Titan, hence why they(Reiner;Berthold) didn't follow with the plan to destroy all walls.
    Also Reiner stated after almost dying he was just tired of playing the soldier, that is why he told Eren everything.

This is my opinion.
    Sure sometimes she protected him but let's face it: Mikasa is very much obsessed over Eren and she showed this several times over the story. Don't take me wrong, I am not complaining about her, i like it because this kind of flaw helps giving the character depth.

Don't think the winner is important, just the technique and i wouldn't be surprised if the author never show what happened in that fight(or a instructor stopped them).
    Last edited by DassJennir; April 14, 2013 at 08:05 PM.
    Shingeki no Kyojin

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Beatrice's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Eren! You're doing it wrong!

Reiner already exposed his weakness!
    "Sleep peacefully, my most beloved witch, Beatrice."

8. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member DassJennir's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

It would be really weird if Eren tried that...hehehe
    Shingeki no Kyojin

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member ErosVp's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Eren knows Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, showing armbars, guilhotines.... The best (most effective) martial art!

What do you desire? Money? Glory? Power? Revenge? Or something that surpass all others?
    Whatever you desire.... That is here... Tower of God!

11. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Too bad Eren wasn't there when Reiner said such weakness. XDDDD

Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ErosVp View Post
    Eren knows Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, showing armbars, guilhotines.... The best (most effective) martial art!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wikipedia
    BJJ promotes the concept that a smaller, weaker person can successfully defend against a bigger, stronger assailant by using leverage and proper technique, taking the fight to the ground – most notably by applying joint-locks and chokeholds to defeat the other person.
    Uh just what Annie said! Than Isayama must be a BJJ or simply JJ fan?

14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Beatrice's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

More a MMA or UFC fan cause he drew Mikasa in a UFC outfit.
    Also this.

Annie seems to mix various as her stance is from Muay Thai.

All together, this fight was like one in the cage in my eyes with the wall being like the cage wall.
    Last edited by Beatrice; April 21, 2013 at 12:18 PM.
    "Sleep peacefully, my most beloved witch, Beatrice."

Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

And the Colossal Titan? The typical feud interference? LOL!!! No that's Wrestling execuse me =P

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DassJennir View Post
    Eren was kicking Ryner's ass while using his knowledge of hand to hand combat. No wonder he was praised by his instructor as being very skilled on it during some of the first chapters released.

About Annie, I may be wrong but I got the feeling she had a crush on Eren with that about about him needing to learn those moves and how to talk to girls.

Also it should be noted Mikasa showing jealousy. I feel bad if some day any girl is foolish enough to declare herself to Eren...hehe
    When Eren fought with her back during the mission where I believe they were trying to head to the basement to figure out the secret with it, though I might be mistaken with that, I think it is clear that her motives were out of attraction. The artist put a lot of detail into her eyes during the fight she looked a bit bashful towards him as he was on top and fighting her, of course she had to defend herself in the case but overall it did bring abou ta sense of attraction towards Eren.

I do wonder where this is all going to lead though, definitely some messed up stuff going on if there has been quite the reveal that there are quite a number of human titans or better yet titans were always humans.

As for the chapter, definitely do wonder what's going to happen, looks like a desperation move to defeat Eren though I wonder what they will get out of such an attack. It would be surprising if they plan on killing him but it also comes down to someone has to be controlling these two people since they can't possibly be acting like this on their own mission. Do wonder how many chapters it will be before some answers are revealed maybe next chapter or at least the one after that lol.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

^ You guys sure are funny XDDD. I doubt Annie even has a crush on Eren(even though I ship them...). Maybe a little. But hell no attraction as her motive for attacking and trying to capture him.

I'm sure her motives were along the lines of being a "warrior fulfilling their duty to the bitter end" and a "promise to come back home." Just like what Reiner had tried to say. Remember that before Annie transformed into a titan, she said that she was a "failure as a warrior,"<--according to scanlations ch.31 pg 40. It's similar to what Reiner was implying on chapter 42. Then if she really was attracted to Eren, why the heck that she last remembered, before being crystallized, was a memory of her father telling her to hate humanity and promise to come back? Her motives are just like Reiner's in my opinion. Warrior and Home. She's just like a female Reiner, with a loner personality.

I'm hazarding a guess that she was in the same position as Reiner and Bertolt is right now. In order to get back home, they could destroy humanity or capture Eren, who seemed like the three's fastest ticket to home.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Demonspeed's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think Annie has a crush on him,but Eren maybe...
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic172142_23.gif

20. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast