Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)
New Reply

Thread: why didn't the whitebeard pirates or other yonkou stop blackbeard from claiming the territory??

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity danzouismadara's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

why didn't the whitebeard pirates or other yonkou stop blackbeard from claiming the territory??

I think it's strange no1 fought blackbeard for the territory??

Can someone message me an anime that's similar to d grayman or claymore or deathnote?

Ive seen Deathnote, deadman wonderland, fairytale, shigurui, ao no exorcist, beelzebub, samurai champloo, code geass, devil may cry, Hakuouki, monster, blood plus, gantz. Basically, something with demons and gore.

Horosho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: why didn't the whitebeard pirates or other yonkou stop blackbeard from claiming the territory??

As a former crew member, Teach was able to use his intimate knowledge of Whitebeard's old territory to almost immediately conquer them. He was able to use his knowledge of Whitebeard's territory to outmaneuver his rivals. We know he did not succeed in taking all of Whitebeard's old territory. Once allied to Whitebeard, Fishman Island is now Mom's territory. There may also be other islands that passed to Mom, Kaido or Shanks, rather than Teach.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member GomuGomu_Getsuga's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: why didn't the whitebeard pirates or other yonkou stop blackbeard from claiming the territory??

Well for one, Blackbeard is no slouch. Dude was able to take out two of Whitebeard's commanders before he had the power he now possesses. I honestly don't think they could take him.

I wouldn't be surprised if his crew became bigger or if he absorbed more powers from poor fruit users.
    Last edited by GomuGomu_Getsuga; March 09, 2013 at 02:55 AM.

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think it was ever said that the Whitebeard pirates or other Yonkou didn't try to stop Blackbeard, but the Whitebeard pirates were most likely not strong enough to take on the Blackbeard crew. Maybe some who were strong enough were beaten by Blackbeard. And along with what Kaiten said, the other Yonkou may not have cared as much, other than getting Fishman Island. Or, they didn't want to risk fighting Blackbeard for territories and losing their strength, especially with the threat of Supernova looming.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Razh's Avatar
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

We saw how Brownbeard invaded WB's territory as soon as he heard he was dead. My guess is it happened all over NW. Blackbeard probably took over key positions and then started expanding from there after more people joined him. Other Yonkou were probably too busy with their own problems after that shift in balance of power.

Heh
    Prediction: Dragon will appear on Fishman Island!
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!

(thank you pupil "fuck you razh" -> made me lol)

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

whitebeard pirates after war they become weak .for yonkou BM got Fishman Island as we know and i think there will be more territory was taken by BM and Kaido about Shanks who know if he try for it or not
    i can say after war he have become more powerful

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by suraj5898 View Post
    whitebeard pirates after war they become weak .for yonkou BM got Fishman Island as we know and i think there will be more territory was taken by BM and Kaido about Shanks who know if he try for it or not
    i can say after war he have become more powerful
    Weakened, not weak. Their status is completely unknown. The only definite is that they are not now what they once were. I would not describe any crew led by Marco as weak. I expect they will be a force to be reckoned with, when the time comes. Clearly they were not in position, after the War, to reassert Whitebeard's territoral claims or alliances.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member eefrit's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten View Post
    Weakened, not weak. Their status is completely unknown. The only definite is that they are not now what they once were. I would not describe any crew led by Marco as weak. I expect they will be a force to be reckoned with, when the time comes. Clearly they were not in position, after the War, to reassert Whitebeard's territoral claims or alliances.
    This is probably the best explanation. They were dealt a tremendous loss and had to take time to mourn their captain and nakama as well as tend to their wounded and such. BB on the other hand probably went straight to work taking the territories. And with his new power and knowledge of the territories the process was probably too quick to counter.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, the Whitebeard Pirates were in no position to defend their territory. We knew that even before Teach was named a Yonkou. If they had been in position to defend their territory, the world would not have plunged into chaos after the War. Teach took advantage of the turmoil, and his knowledge of their territory, to outmaneuver the other Yonkou. He struck before they could.

I am almost inclined to think that Marco could have struck an alliance with Shanks. They were reconciled at Ace and Newgate's memorial. If the remnants of the Whitebeard Pirate's were not in position to maintain the old man's territory, or keep his allies, they might have needed the protection of another Yonkou. Shanks would be ideal, I doubt Marco would see eye to eye with the other three.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member eefrit's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten View Post
    I am almost inclined to think that Marco could have struck an alliance with Shanks. They were reconciled at Ace and Newgate's memorial. If the remnants of the Whitebeard Pirate's were not in position to maintain the old man's territory, or keep his allies, they might have needed the protection of another Yonkou. Shanks would be ideal, I doubt Marco would see eye to eye with the other three.
    I think that would have been to much trouble for both of them. That's something that would attract too much attention from both pirates and marines alike, seeing as it's basically two Yonkou crews joining up. I'm sure Marco is strong enough to lead them through these times though.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity matzik1212's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

The WB pirates didn't stop him obviously 'cause they weren't strong enough . THat happened right after the war when their power was weakened and with BB having WB's DF they wouldn't be able to do much against him , not to mention the new crewmates of BB

As for the other Yonkou, i think they are just waiting for the right time . After all the situation is the same just the ruler of those territories is different

12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

i remember Shanks stating that his scar was BB doing BEFORE he even got a DF ability.......After the war he had at least two powers - his own (which was enough to take out ace) and WB's earthquake power. He made some of the strongest levl 6 prisoners join him. The sword dude from impel down was said to be on a close levl to magellan, magellan took out BB and all of his members with just one attack (though he took them by surprise, i assume). Maybe they tried stopping him. Like Brownbeard tried to stop hawkins (loosing his legs....). I think the reason the other yonkous didn't jump in is the same reason BB stopped destroying Marine HQ after Shanks arrival. Or fleeing when aikanu went after him. A confronation would mean that he looses or that he is greatly weakened. The same goes for a yonkou trying to stop BB. I think that a fight would weaken the winner - and he would be vulnerable - a remaining yonkou, the marines, a "silver medal winner" (like croc stated back in impel down) - the new world is full of strong guys. If one of the yonkou is weakened, someone will try to take that opportunity (like law explained: you fight one or serve one^^) - like BB did it with WB. Taking a hostage, disturbing the balance, knowing that WB would step in, he is the mastermind behind that war (in my opinion) - and he was not the only one who tried to take advantage of that situation - Buggy, Crocodile and all the other prisoners in levl 6 wanted to take the chance to take down WB.

New Reply