Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/22/14 - 9/28/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 761 by cnet128 , Bleach 597 (2) , Gintama 511 by kewl0210
New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Theories about hate

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Theories about hate

Okay, but why such a radical theory?
    I honestly see no reason for why this would make any sense.
    First of all, it's Yoma flesh and blood that is put into the Claymores, not the DoD flesh/blood directly.
    (Yoma= DoD+Human)
    I mean, DoD flesh decays over time, if that is what you mean by "quality".
    Yet we have Teresa, Irene, Priscilla, etc who are much more powerful than past number 1 and 2s.
    The only reason behind such powerful characters must be something else that is modifying their Yoki, not the quality of any material put into them.

I agree that Yoki is tapped into via focusing on some emotional/mental process, but it is completely false that humans could do such in the same way a Claymore could.
    Yoki comes from Yoma, which suggests the theory that Yoki comes from DoD originally.
    However, there may have been some modification to whatever energy the DoD originally used, and ultimately became the Yoki that Yoma had.
    We have never seen a DoD battle before, so who knows?
    For pure speculation, the DoD's energy could have been tenfold stronger/efficient than that of Yoki.
    (The Yoki could be a buffered version of the full potential.)

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

to get technical a yoma is actually the parasite itself, not the host. this is becuase the host body is disposable. the yoma wears out the body, thus forcing them to find a new one, yet sustains it be consuming human flesh till then.

still, it is obvious that the abilities and yoki do indeed come from the dod..... actually no, it seems that when dod die, their bodies practically liquify instantly.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

It's not obvious about abilities...
    We're not even sure if the DoD emits any Yoki.
    Recall Miria standing in the lab, I'm sure Yagi would've at least did some sort of hint showing from her if she noticed Yoki coming...

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

This "Hate Theory" balance the equation VS Twin Goddess of Love.

When Love and Hate Collide

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Whirlzap View Post
    It's not obvious about abilities...
    We're not even sure if the DoD emits any Yoki.
    Recall Miria standing in the lab, I'm sure Yagi would've at least did some sort of hint showing from her if she noticed Yoki coming...
    or it would be like her noting that a yoma has yoki. or more accurately rehashing a scene that likely hapened long before that moment, when she first discovered the hidden chamber. cause she already knew what was there.

and of course they have yoki. or at the very least have a very similar energy to yoki. where else would the yoki come from? the human part?

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Just a thought:

So far, we have all #10s as yoki manipulators of some sort. So forcing yoki/emotions/etc on others.

What if Theresa was a yoki empath? Able to absorb and mold outside yoki/emotions/etc. That's why she was able to soundly defeat Rosemary who had massive hate and yoki.
    Last edited by Linfone; March 28, 2013 at 07:56 PM.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

@lord:
    It may be a mutation that occurs with being in a human.
    Perhaps as a byproduct that is emitted from the Yoma parasite burning down the resources and mind of a human.
    Yet is is deemed useless when it is so powerful and valuable instead.
    Sort of like how oxygen is a byproduct from photosynthesis.
    The plants expel it like waste yet without it, humans would cease to survive.

@Lin
    That is a plausible theory.
    It was also suggested that Teresa was the 'eye' of her era, similar to how Galatea was the 'eye' of Clare's generation.
    However, I doubt Teresa had any ability to manipulate Yoki.
    Remember that her main ability was being able to flawlessly detect every strand of Yoki.
    Since Rosemary was close to an AO, she emitted Yoki like crazy, making it incredibly easy for Teresa to predict her every move and soundly defeat her.
    But as I said earlier, we cannot evaluate Rosemary's AB form with Teresa.
    Teresa could probably crush all the current AOs with similar ease at 10% Yoki, so it really isn't a fair comparison.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Nanozom's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

What if it is not hate but the creativity of the mind that allows the yoki user to be strong?
    We know that awakened ones are shaped form aspects in their minds. Isley was determined the strongest as he had the ability of shapeshifting, and did he really hate his brethren in the first generation? No I don´t think so. He awakened out of obliged duty to finish the job, he was a creative individual and it manifested in his shapeshifter weapons. His mind made him strong.
    Same for Riful, she stayed calm and only lost her cool two times as long we saw her, once against the twins and once against Priscilla. Her calm determination made her strong as she really didn´t showed any hate against anything, not even Isley from what we could see.

I could pull up a lot of examples here if you wish to hear more.

Ophelia was a nutcase and got defeated as she was too narrow-minded to evolve and develop properly, her hate might restricted her to the point where she couldn´t do what she was capable of as she basically just sat and took Clare´s quick sword in a distorted version of a training session. She gave up, that´s why she turned weak.
    I might sound inaccurate now, but I think that it is one´s conviction that govern the strength and I dare to say that Dae is inaccurate.
    It´s not hate but the mind´s subconscious that govern the strength of a hybrid´s yoki and the ones in awakened ones.

New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2