Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/7/14 - 7/13/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 502 by kewl0210 , Bleach 588 (2)
New Reply
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Tower of God Chapter 136 Discussion/137 Predictions

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member abc1233's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tower of God Chapter 136 Discussion/137 Predictions

Some thoughts on the chapter:

Smoking man - he gives me the impression that he's a Great Teacher, or at least someone highly ranked in Gongbang. As for what they're talking about when the radio guy asks if he brought it, I'm going to take a wild guess and say that he's talking about Horyang. He could have said "did you bring HIM", but from what we know about the Gongbang guys, they would seem like the type of people who would consider Horyang to just be a thing.

Good to see that SIU addressed the point about Koon not telling the others about him and Baam. Only trouble with that though is that he'll have to have a ridiculously good disguise during the tournament and he'll have to hope that his name isn't announced.

Koon seems to underestimate his relationship with the S1 team quite significantly. Even though Koon and Hatsu didn't seem to get along in S1, they've clearly grown much closer for Hatsu to be so serious about killing Viole.

That FUG fisherman is very suspicious. To make a top 10 regular like Novik shiver like that, could he possibly be a ranker? Or maybe a higher floor regular?

From the way Viole is talking, it sounds like he has some sort of plan to break away from FUG, he's not just going to follow along with their plans. Also, could Viole have actually entered Ran's non-existent "not bothersome" category for him to not want to run away?

The traveller clearly has some link to Gongbang if he is going to be important in this arc. An escaped experiment maybe?

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member mup's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ukimix View Post
    Well I can see Jammin's affection for S1 characters, and that he doesn't like so much S2 characters. I think that is a wrong perspective, as I have pointed before in the thread. But I'm not going to say that I don't like to read his reviews. I mean, I don't have to agree someone in order to like what he writes. And, I couldn't say at all that in his next review there will be nothing new. I wouldn't believe that at all.

It's always a shame when a comentator keeps silence; and much more if he took the time to write for us. Something that less than the 2% of the members here use to do. And something that I like of Jammin.
    that sound a bit arrogant to say and personally it might not be what you were trying to say but it does feel like an insult be careful in how you put your words together it might back fire

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

As for the mysterious character in the beginning, I presume that he's inside the "added" part that Koon mentioned.
    Spoiler show

For the shadows that are chasing the traveler, I believe that they are the Gongbang patrols, mentioned by Reflejo. I mean, what's the point of mentioning them if Viole is not going to tangle with them somehow?

Shadows:
    Spoiler show

Reflejo's statement:
    Spoiler show

I might be stating the obvious, but I just wanted to share my views.

5. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mup View Post
    that sound a bit arrogant to say and personally it might not be what you were trying to say but it does feel like an insult be careful in how you put your words together it might back fire
    In what way does it sound like an insult?

Quote Originally Posted by sizel View Post
    As for the mysterious character in the beginning, I presume that he's inside the "added" part that Koon mentioned.
    Spoiler show

For the shadows that are chasing the traveler, I believe that they are the Gongbang patrols, mentioned by Reflejo. I mean, what's the point of mentioning them if Viole is not going to tangle with them somehow?

Shadows:
    Spoiler show

Reflejo's statement:
    Spoiler show

I might be stating the obvious, but I just wanted to share my views.
    Maybe, or it could be the arena for the tournament. That thing most likely isn't there outside of the gongbang tournament, so it would make sense.

Yeah I'd say they're the patrol guards, they don't seem to be human, so probably a product of some experiments. They do resemble a bull somewhat.
    Last edited by abc1233; March 17, 2013 at 03:54 PM.

7. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ukimix's Avatar
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm saying to Jammin: "thanks". And I have the rigth to desagree with him on some of his appreciations of ToG. You should or reread my post or revise your idea of being arrogant.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

in my opinion insult as superiority in this case it might not be what he was going for but i took it that way if i misunderstood than could you enlighten me in what an insult and what is debating ?
    Last edited by mup; March 17, 2013 at 04:10 PM.

MH's Best Reviewer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Arashi View Post
    Jammin is doubting that SIU is a genius?
    SIU's got a lot of talent but the curse of the second Novel has struck down more talented authors than he.

Quote Originally Posted by Dacomp89 View Post
    It's nothing he hasn't said before. He already summed it up in his post, "something positive to say (besides Androssi and Anak appearing)." He's obssessed with the plot going through the S1 characters, and anything that prevents that is "contrived." I imagine the afterword saying the arc would focus on Team Viole was his last straw. I agree these last two chapters were fairly typical setup, but setup is necessary. Please tell us your predictions for this arc, so when it's all said and done we can see just how close you were.
    It's always impressive to me how willing you are to state my opinions for me.

Though it would be fair to say that I like part 1 better than part 2 I actually do like quite a few characters introduced in part 2. (Specifically Yoen, Miseng, Arkraptor, and both Wangan and Edin Dan have grown on me enormously).

But what do I know about my own opinions? Clearly, you know more about them than I do.

Quote Originally Posted by ukimix View Post
    Well I can see Jammin's affection for S1 characters, and that he doesn't like so much S2 characters. I think that is a wrong perspective,
    as I have pointed before in the thread. But I'm not going to say that I don't like to read his reviews. I mean, I don't have to agree someone in order to like what he writes. And, I couldn't say at all that in his next review there will be nothing new. I wouldn't believe that at all.

It's always a shame when a comentator keeps silence; and much more if he took the time to write for us. Something that less than the 2% of the members here use to do. And something that I like of Jammin.
    Your too kind.

And if you expect silence from me...you shall be disappointed. It just means I'll be spending more time in the discussion threads for a little while.

---------- Post added at 05:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:04 PM ----------

Tone it down people. This is a friendly discussion there is no need for anybody to get offended here. Not everybody agrees with my opinions and that's fine. mup, I don't think ukimix meant it that way. ukimix, mup thought you meant something you didn't. Nobody's being arrogant, everybody is just trying to do the right thing.

Take it easy.
    Last edited by Jammin; March 17, 2013 at 04:29 PM.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for Everybody]
    I Don't Want This Kind of Hero [Esp. for Superhero/Comedy fans]
    Girls of the Wild's [Esp. for Romance/Martial Arts fans.]
    Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo [Esp. for Delinquent/Comedy fans]

11. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

in my opinion insult as superiority in this case it might not be what he was going for but i took it that way if i misunderstood than could you enlighten me in what an insult and what is debating ?
    It wasn't an insult and it wasn't a debate. He was just saying that although he disagrees with Jammin on certain points, he still enjoys reading about his thoughts. I don't see how that could be misunderstood to make him look arrogant.

Just noticed that Wangnan isn't wearing his ring, and this seems to have been the case for quite a while now, weird considering how much he seems to value it.

13. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by abc1233 View Post
    It wasn't an insult and it wasn't a debate. He was just saying that although he disagrees with Jammin on certain points, he still enjoys reading about his thoughts. I don't see how that could be misunderstood to make him look arrogant.
    live and learn now i know something i misunderstood if you want to discuss further i would say pm me and resume the tread to what it was

Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

live and learn now i know something i misunderstood if you want to discuss further i would say pm me and resume the tread to what it was
    Well, there isn't really anything else to discuss, it was a pretty small thing lol

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by abc1233 View Post
    That FUG fisherman is very suspicious. To make a top 10 regular like Novik shiver like that, could he possibly be a ranker? Or maybe a higher floor regular?
    I would think that he's a regular, just probably at least as strong as Novik. It's said that only Guides are capable of interacting with regulars so easily. Allowing rankers to take tests would be rather absurd for the structure of the Tower. It looked like he took the 29th floor test with Viole, so I'm not sure if he could be from a higher floor. Besides, it would be unfair for a higher floor regular to participate in the 30th floor tournament, right?

I think Ran wants to stick around to figure out what Viole is all about. He probably respects his strength too.

Quote Quote:
    It's always impressive to me how willing you are to state my opinions for me.
    If you state your opinion and then I copy and paste it, am I really the one stating your opinion?

Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

I would think that he's a regular, just probably at least as strong as Novik. It's said that only Guides are capable of interacting with regulars so easily. Allowing rankers to take tests would be rather absurd for the structure of the Tower. It looked like he took the 29th floor test with Viole, so I'm not sure if he could be from a higher floor. Besides, it would be unfair for a higher floor regular to participate in the 30th floor tournament, right?

I think Ran wants to stick around to figure out what Viole is all about. He probably respects his strength too.

If you state your opinion and then I copy and paste it, am I really the one stating your opinion?
    Well he is part of FUG, and it's possible that they have someone in charge of the 29th floor which allowed them to sneak him onto Viole's team. FUG probably has links to Gongbang too, so it's not absurd to think that they could have pulled a few strings and got a ranker/higher floor regular in.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member world is wide's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by conn-man View Post
    This is what SIU does best, he had created a plot with an enormous multi earth world that seems like it will be heavily explored. And did we forget outside the tower?? He never has to slow down the plot and I hope this factory arc it a mind blower

I most look forward to is the old teams growth.

And a question, are novik and ran on par with the new FUG squad?
    FUG could be sneaking in a ranker or hired an awesome regular to sandbag, but feel like either option will back fire somehow.

My guess team FUG is made of strong regulars who are looking down on novik and ran. I think the regulars who are highly ranked are free agent types who haven't found a long lasting team, and those who stick to a team (like novik and ran) aren't as aggressively ranked against their peers. Excepting of course someone who has already been recognized by everybody, talking about Androssi with her princess title.

"outside the tower" is what has me most interested about this fight besides FUG who are too mysterious and insane (attacking koon in front of baam) to be worth predicting. The gongbang exists in and outside the tower, which has all sorts of possibilities

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member conn-man's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by world is wide View Post
    FUG could be sneaking in a ranker or hired an awesome regular to sandbag, but feel like either option will back fire somehow.

My guess team FUG is made of strong regulars who are looking down on novik and ran. I think the regulars who are highly ranked are free agent types who haven't found a long lasting team, and those who stick to a team (like novik and ran) aren't as aggressively ranked against their peers. Excepting of course someone who has already been recognized by everybody, talking about Androssi with her princess title.

"outside the tower" is what has me most interested about this fight besides FUG who are too mysterious and insane (attacking koon in front of baam) to be worth predicting. The gongbang exists in and outside the tower, which has all sorts of possibilities
    But how does it exist outside the tower too? Its another ambiguous statement...It extends to the outside? Its modeled after the gong bang fron the outside?..Its all very open ended for now i suppose.

Information in this arc about what the tower and outside the tower really is would be great though.

MH's Best Reviewer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Certainly, but that's not what you did. You quoted 9 words out of context and decided for yourself what they meant.

"It's nothing he hasn't said before. He already summed it up in his post, "something positive to say (besides Androssi and Anak appearing)." He's obssessed with the plot going through the S1 characters, and anything that prevents that is "contrived." I imagine the afterword saying the arc would focus on Team Viole was his last straw. I agree these last two chapters were fairly typical setup, but setup is necessary. Please tell us your predictions for this arc, so when it's all said and done we can see just how close you were."

That right there is you stating what I think about something and why, with wild inaccuracy I might add. I don't actually want everything to go entirely through the season 1's cast, regardless of what you say I want. And the stuff I think is contrived probably isn't what you think.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for Everybody]
    I Don't Want This Kind of Hero [Esp. for Superhero/Comedy fans]
    Girls of the Wild's [Esp. for Romance/Martial Arts fans.]
    Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo [Esp. for Delinquent/Comedy fans]

New Reply
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast