Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply

Thread: Samsung Galaxy S IV

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Knifeshade's Avatar
    Country
    Hong Kong
    Post Thanks / Like

Samsung Galaxy S IV

Only a few more days before the Samsung reveals the Galaxy S4 at their Unpacked Event in NYC. And leaks are practically coming out from under every rock on the net.

So far it's been all but confirmed to have:

5" screen.

1920 x 1080.

International versions will have Samsung's Exynos 5 Octa. US variants will most likely get Qualcomm Snapdragon 600 like it was rumoured. To get technical, the Octa is actually an 8-core SoC, you have four Cortex-A15 plus four Cortex-A7 cores. But it's still essentially a quad-core as not all of the cores will be used at the same time. In English, that means any heavy lifting will be done with the more powerful A15 cores, and the smaller workloads will be handled by the A7. Basically uitlizing big.LITTLE.

2GB RAM

13 MP camera.

Android 4.2

Will have more features like Smart Stay, like automatic scrolling and others.

Will have a new OLED technology. Instead of Super AMOLED, Samsung is rumoured to use Green PHOLED.

There's also a rumour going around that the Galaxy Note 3 will be revealed on Thursday too, but that's to be taken with a grain of salt.

And finally, purported leaked shots of the actual phone.
    Last edited by Knifeshade; March 11, 2013 at 06:01 PM.
    -

2. Thanks 4 Member(s) thanked this post
    Most Beautiful Male 2013 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member goldb's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Samsung Galaxy S IV

Live streaming for the event is here on youtube.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Sanadan's Avatar
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I dunno, they hit sucha home run with the S3 that it doesn't even feel close to outdated by now. It still beats the competition on a lot of points and really how much more can you do with a phone now? I think they pulled the trigger too early with the S4 but for those that don't have a phone this is good news I guess.
    Meh

Halfway 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

The S4 is true eye and hard candy. I want it but my current carrier only sells the s2

-

Most Beautiful Male 2013 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member goldb's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
    The S4 is true eye and hard candy. I want it but my current carrier only sells the s2

-
    It's out in the states already? I know you've mentioned wanting it before. I'm waiting for its release here( 26th April) so I can try it out but I won't be changing phones until next year, unless something happens to this current one.

As an avid amateur photographer, I really want to see more of the options and changes they have made to the media side of things. There's a review that's been out for a while for anyone who hasn't seen it yet.

MH Senpai 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! phio_chan's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

So S4 will also have a Mini version too. *looks at her S3 Mini* ...

A friend threw out his BlackBerry for S4. Banzai! I saw it and thought it was pretty big, almost like Note. I'm not sure if I like something that big, I prefer tall/slim one like S3 but not.. 'fat' like this. Oh, well. I haven't really taken a look inside it, I only saw the screen for a moment, but even the lock screen looked pretty nice.

Halfway 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

It's definitely smaller the that note's. My brother has the note 2 and I have the s2, the s4 is not so big in comparison.

New Reply