Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 601 by BadKarma , Gintama 515 (2)
New Reply
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10

Thread: Why is Hashirama stronger than Madara?

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Rikudou King's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Why is Hashirama stronger than Madara?

Quote Originally Posted by xXan View Post
    Because Hashirama had to waste chakra taking down Kurama and losing his "all hands" monster in doing so... You can see him here:
    http://narutobase.net/manga/Naruto/626/8
    He is no longer using his big "robots"... If not for Kurama those punches would have made Madara into paste.
    Hashirama had to lose chakra to summon those crep and what not. Madara countered those punches with Kurama and his Susano. If you remove Susano Madara goes splat.

Also I did not quote you or M3J. Thins is i remember people claiming (no idea if this was in this topic) that Mito sealing Kurama was a bonus for Hashirama in that fight. It is also interesting both of you missed "or give him an opening to win".
    And Madara wasn't wasting any chakra controlling and protecting the Kyuubi? That's pretty faulty reasoning, especially since not only was there's nothing to suggest that Madara's Susanoo couldn't have stood up to such an assault, but you're arguing that a Sage Mode using Hashirama ran out of chakra before a Susanoo-wielding Kyuubi summoning Madara, which makes no kind of sense. Plus given how Madara showed no surprise at all at Hashirama's technique, odds are that wasn't the first time he witness it.

Considering Hashirama was being pushed back by the combined power, the removal of the Kyuubi did give him an opening by evening out the fight.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    Um, yeah it does mean that, since after founding the village the clan turnt their back on him. And no, the tablet was written by Madara
    Where did you get that ?

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rikudou King
    Huh? That may have been what we previously believed, but the last few chapters have shown otherwise. Even after losing the Kyuubi, Madara kept fighting Hashirama til they were both exhausted, with Hashirama winning not through sheer force but a clever trick. So I'm not sure how you see the gap as being big, if anything, it shows how close they were.
    Unless controlling Kyuubi with Sharingan takes almost as much power as it takes for someone else to fight it (which may be the case, although I very much doubt it), it's rather obvious that they weren't close at all.

Say you and I are having a fight, and I have a bazooka with infinite ammo, yet you manage to take my weapon away from me and even beat me in the end, leaving you almost as tired and beaten as I am.... would you give me credit for being on equal footing if you spent half your energy dodging missiles when all I did was press a button?
    Take Kyuubi out of the equation, and Madara becomes quite inferior.

Also it's weird that you would call his victory a clever trick as if "clever tricks" haven't been the most integral part in determining a ninja's skill level since the beginning of Naruto. That's what jutsus are, really. You take some chakra, do something with it, and it becomes something lethal. The "do something with it" is the clever trick part no matter what it is. If you want to claim that chakra capacity/stamina is what "real strength" consists of, as opposed to clever tricks, you'll have to grant that Naruto was stronger than Kakashi during part 1, that Shikamaru is one of the weakest guys around, and so on.
    Last edited by Xrayz0r; May 05, 2013 at 06:49 AM.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Probably for thematic reasons and foreshadowing.

Kubo's message:

Love trumps hate.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by YEEKUZA View Post
    I didn't mean in the literal sense of power through techniques. I meant whether or not Kishimoto intended the audience to believe Hashirama was strong as we know him to be because of his desire to create peace or was he inherently stronger than Madara from the start (due to "Senju blood").

I don't believe Kishimoto would be so shallow as to state that Hashirama is stronger than Madara because he is of Senju heritage. It kind of goes against the power dynamics shown throughout the series where geniuses are bested by tryhard lower classed ninja (ie. Naruto vs Neji, Rock Lee rivalry with Neji, etc.)

I think the same applies to Naruto and Sasuke where Naruto went tryhardmode and most likely surpassed Sasuke at this point in time. It seems the only difference (fight wise) between the Madara, Hashirama feud and the Sasuke, Naruto feud is that Hashirama ultimately settled on killing Madara (and probably thought he was successful) whereas Naruto will not kill Sasuke.

---------- Post added at 03:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:18 PM ----------

Perhaps Hashirama never wanted to kill Madara (until the flashback we have just seen when Hashirama activated his sagemode) because he viewed him as a rival/friend, the same relationship Naruto and Sasuke had at one point. This could be an explanation why Madara and Hashirama looked even in their fights against one another until possibly the end when Hashirama settled to kill Madara.

I think the opposite occurred. The Uchiha dominated other clans after Madara came into power and it's been said when someone hired the Uchiha, they would be countered by Senju. I believe Uchiha were more well known due to their over imposing influence spread as a result of their fights.
    I say because Hashirama is also genius too. Mokuton is also bloodline limited. Mokuton is something that can't be learned. Hashirama and Madara's training are real life fight to death war. Hashirama's healing power are not like Tsunade's power. Tsunade is almost as good Hashirama in healing but not yet.

Reviewer 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member otomo20's Avatar
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

well Madare definitely is faster.

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LnDRash's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by otomo20 View Post
    well Madare definitely is faster.

copy+pasting the url of this gif to make it show up was well worth it.
    Click here for what I consider the definition of "simply brilliant"

Quote Originally Posted by syx View Post
    He was once a very charismatic, kind, special and inspiring person. LnDRash was a premium brand, now this brand is called LnDTRash!

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity danzouismadara's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

will of fire

Can someone message me an anime that's similar to d grayman or claymore or deathnote?

Ive seen Deathnote, deadman wonderland, fairytale, shigurui, ao no exorcist, beelzebub, samurai champloo, code geass, devil may cry, Hakuouki, monster, blood plus, gantz. Basically, something with demons and gore.

New Reply
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10