Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/22/14 - 9/28/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 761 by cnet128 , Bleach 597 (2)
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Tatsuki - Inconsistency, Unique or Enormous Potential?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Tatsuki - Inconsistency, Unique or Enormous Potential?

I happened to stumble upon this panel with Ichigo showing up to beat Aizen up: http://www.mangapanda.com/94-56926-1...apter-417.html

Ever since, it's bothered me. When Isshin, Urahara and Yoruichi were fighting Aizen earlier on (in a weaker form), neither of them could feel Aizen's reiatsu because the gap between them was too big.

Now, let's fast forward to the above panel. Aizen is in an even more powerful form. Yet somehow, Tatsuki is able to sense his reiatsu. What could the reason for this be? Is it simply some inconsistency from Kubo or does she have an incredible amount of potential/unique ability?

By unique ability, I mean that it is not reiatsu that she senses, but something else. This, however, seems unlikely to me because she can't feel anything from Ichigo.

It is also worth to note that the inability of a much weaker (reiatsu-wise) character to sense a much stronger opponent's reiatsu is mentioned throughout. Even here, where Aizen can't feel Ichigo's reiatsu. For that reason, it seems strange that Kubo would simply overlook this.

Any ideas?
    Last edited by Azuma; March 12, 2013 at 05:25 AM.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Kid Chameleone's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tatsuki - Inconsistency, Unique or Enormous Potential?

Ive always wondered about her. kubo is far too inconsistent with her portrayal, i'm really hoping she gets powers she'd be a nice addition plus we dont have many hand to hand fighters in bleach

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member eefrit's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Remember that regular humans can't sense reiatsu, thus that old man getting obliterated by Aizen's presence. However, Tatsuki (and Keigo) have spent a lot of time around Ichigo like Orihime and Chad, so they can sense reiatsu. Tatsuki seems to have spent more time with Ichigo thus she is much more sensitive to spiritual pressure, she just didn't have enough to withstand Aizen's as she is still human. While Aizen was a higher being, his powers were still comprehensible in one form or another to those who could sense spiritual energy, thus Tatsuki, Keigo, and Don Kanonji sweating in Aizen's presence. Ichigo however, was on a plane higher than those who can sense reiatsu can comprehend, thus Aizen and Tatsuki being unable to feel anything.

At least, this is what I think.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Aizen did say he could make lower beings feel his power is he chose to lower his own power though. If that is the case then we should just assume aizen did lower his power. It makes sense, he did not actually need his full power to deal with those there and he wanted to give them a good scare before killing them.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Sanadan's Avatar
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Haha, aizen was such a scumbag. What's being said about him lowering his power makes sense. Maybe some are just more the sensor type though. Makes sense that a medical shinigami is more in tune with people's reiatsu.
    Meh

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

No Trust Re: Tatsuki - Inconsistency, Unique or Enormous Potential?

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    Aizen did say he could make lower beings feel his power is he chose to lower his own power though. If that is the case then we should just assume aizen did lower his power. It makes sense, he did not actually need his full power to deal with those there and he wanted to give them a good scare before killing them.
    THIS!!!

p.s And kubo sometime is inconsistent

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Jabman's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    Remember that regular humans can't sense reiatsu, thus that old man getting obliterated by Aizen's presence. However, Tatsuki (and Keigo) have spent a lot of time around Ichigo like Orihime and Chad, so they can sense reiatsu. Tatsuki seems to have spent more time with Ichigo thus she is much more sensitive to spiritual pressure, she just didn't have enough to withstand Aizen's as she is still human. While Aizen was a higher being, his powers were still comprehensible in one form or another to those who could sense spiritual energy, thus Tatsuki, Keigo, and Don Kanonji sweating in Aizen's presence. Ichigo however, was on a plane higher than those who can sense reiatsu can comprehend, thus Aizen and Tatsuki being unable to feel anything.

At least, this is what I think.
    It seems like you just read the title of the thread and then saw the panel posted. Let me post the part you should focus on.

Quote Quote:
    When Isshin, Urahara and Yoruichi were fighting Aizen earlier on (in a weaker form), neither of them could feel Aizen's reiatsu because the gap between them was too big.

Now, let's fast forward to the above panel. Aizen is in an even more powerful form. Yet somehow, Tatsuki is able to sense his reiatsu.
    Which would technically make Tatsuki's reiatsu potential greater than Isshin, Urahara, and Yoruichi.

------------------------------That said

Was it ever actually stated that Urahara and his crew couldn't actually feel Aizen's reiatsu? I thought the reiatsu gap explanation wasn' introduced until aizen was in the real Kurakara town.

Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jabman View Post
    It seems like you just read the title of the thread and then saw the panel posted. Let me post the part you should focus on.

Which would technically make Tatsuki's reiatsu potential greater than Isshin, Urahara, and Yoruichi.

------------------------------That said

Was it ever actually stated that Urahara and his crew couldn't actually feel Aizen's reiatsu? I thought the reiatsu gap explanation wasn' introduced until aizen was in the real Kurakara town.
    If I'm not completely mistaken, after Aizen goes to the real KT, Isshin tells Ichigo to hurry there with him and Ichigo sees it as pointless because he can feel how overwhelmingly strong Aizen is. At that point, Isshin is surprised that Ichigo could sense his reiatsu, implying that he (Isshin) couldn't.

EDIT: You can see it here:
    http://www.mangareader.net/94-52554-...apter-406.html
    http://www.mangareader.net/94-53161-...apter-407.html

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    Ah! I overlooked this aspect. That could explain it, although it is a bit strange that we didn't "see" Aizen increase his reiatsu as he started fighting Ichigo if this were the case.
    Last edited by Azuma; March 14, 2013 at 03:14 AM.

9. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Quantized's Avatar
    Country
    Imperium of Mankind
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Azuma View Post
    If I'm not completely mistaken, after Aizen goes to the real KT, Isshin tells Ichigo to hurry there with him and Ichigo sees it as pointless because he can feel how overwhelmingly strong Aizen is. At that point, Isshin is surprised that Ichigo could sense his reiatsu, implying that he (Isshin) couldn't.

EDIT: You can see it here:

Ah! I overlooked this aspect. That could explain it, although it is a bit strange that we didn't "see" Aizen increase his reiatsu as he started fighting Ichigo if this were the case.
    Very good points, I never realized Tatsuki could feel the full extent of Aizen's powers, albeit Aizen lowering his reatsu to scare them makes sense, but lets not to jump to conclusions too fast.
    Since Tatsuki certainly has potential, she "seems" this strong only as a human, imagine if she died and gained access to shinigami powers?
    Also Ukitake mentioned that Ichigo's friends could move to SS one day and become shinigami, to be quite honest, that is a huge *hint*.

I however don't think Aizen did lower his reatsu after Gin attacked him, Aizen did admit himself that he needed a good scare in order to evolve further, and thanked Gin for it.
    I doubt that he had already lowered his reatsu again after getting a scare, albeit he could have, but I'm just saying, the attack from Gin was quite recent when Tatsuki was feeling the difference between Aizen and Ichigo (who she couldn't feel of course).

So it's still in the realm of large possibility that Tatsuki has a great potential within her, but on the other hand, was it the Hougyoku who made her this way? Since how randomly lucky can one be to make friends with humans who has the potential to become captain class+ after death, when they're so damn rare in the first place?

Both points whether Aizen did lower his powers or Tatsuki just has that much potential seems plausible, but both has their big flaws too.

Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Quantized View Post
    Very good points, I never realized Tatsuki could feel the full extent of Aizen's powers, albeit Aizen lowering his reatsu to scare them makes sense, but lets not to jump to conclusions too fast.
    Since Tatsuki certainly has potential, she "seems" this strong only as a human, imagine if she died and gained access to shinigami powers?
    Also Ukitake mentioned that Ichigo's friends could move to SS one day and become shinigami, to be quite honest, that is a huge *hint*.

I however don't think Aizen did lower his reatsu after Gin attacked him, Aizen did admit himself that he needed a good scare in order to evolve further, and thanked Gin for it.
    I doubt that he had already lowered his reatsu again after getting a scare, albeit he could have, but I'm just saying, the attack from Gin was quite recent when Tatsuki was feeling the difference between Aizen and Ichigo (who she couldn't feel of course).

So it's still in the realm of large possibility that Tatsuki has a great potential within her, but on the other hand, was it the Hougyoku who made her this way? Since how randomly lucky can one be to make friends with humans who has the potential to become captain class+ after death, when they're so damn rare in the first place?

Both points whether Aizen did lower his powers or Tatsuki just has that much potential seems plausible, but both has their big flaws too.
    I agree. That's why I said that it "could" explain it. But after looking through it just now, everything happened in quick succession. Ichigo arrived just after Aizen evolved and Aizen's strength didn't increase until he evolved again.It was clear that he waas losing, so if he still could become stronger in the form he was in, then he should have used it. To me, it doesn't seem like Aizen was holding back his reiatsu.

I think there's a clear difference between Orihime, Sado and Tatsuki. All three were clearly under the influence of the Hogyoku. Orihime & Sado were frustrated at their own weakness and wanted to get rid of that. Hence, they both got powers. Tatsuki, on the other hand, seemed more sad at Ichigo leaving her behind. Hence, she could have wished for being equal to Ichigo/being able to stand by his side again. We still don't know enough about the Hogyoku's limits, but Aizen said that it would fulfill the wish if it is within the realm of its powers. If Tatsuki had a similar wish to the above, the Hogyoku could have given her the potential to stand equal to Ichigo's power [at that stage].

12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member kisuke u.'s Avatar
    Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

Tatsuki was attacked by Orihime’s brother and since then she is able to see ghost(spiritually aware). She was also attacked by the hollow which caused orihime to gain her powers. She came in contact with Ulq and yammy too. So these events have obviously affected her and either has made her more spiritually aware or increased her abilities. That’s why she was able to withstand Aizen’s reitsu at a close range which made Aizen wondered too. So she is good (no doubt).
    But her sensing his SP has to do either with Aizen’s lowering his SP or an inconsistency by kubo. I couldn’t find any other explanation (at the moment).

we all have our journeys to make.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

The last databook was never fully translated but I do remember a translation that suggested aizen did not actually grow stronger through his transformations but rather as he seemingly evolved he grew weaker. If this is the case then it would also explain why a lowly human felt his power when at the initial stages of his evolution his power was beyond what ishin could perceive. If this happened then perhaps it can be related to aizen's constant wishing for power even though he himself at his greatest did not fully comprehend it. As he did not comprehend his power and kept wishing for "more" when in context volume of power is not necessarily the only thing that counts once your power goes beyond tridimensional so to speak. In this scenario the orb would have perhaps granted aizen power different on a dimensional scale but as aizen could only perceive power on a limited fashion by himself the orb changed him in a way which made sense to him but was ultimately inferior to the original job done by the orb.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member NoOneInParticular's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

There's definitely something going on here. With all these revelations about bloodlines, I wonder if it's inherited rather than a simple Orihime case. Although there's more to be revealed with Orihime too I'm sure.

16. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Bouvet Island
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, all Ichigo's friends/classmates were the original RG or a fractional part of the original 13 from over 1000 years ago. Up til now we only have Yam + Uno + 5 RG = 7, where are the other 6 now?

Even gods could not be absolutely certain whether they existed at the most fundamental level of reality or were themselves simulated.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member kisuke u.'s Avatar
    Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MBVC View Post
    Up til now we only have Yam + Uno + 5 RG = 7, where are the other 6 now?
    They are dead, may be.

She just felt something from Aizen while nothing from ichigo. I dunno if we can call it her sensing his SP, there are differences of translations as well.
    - May be she felt the hogyoku. We know that it possesses some presence itself.
    - Aizen was suppressing them with his SP, so (maybe) that enabled her to sense him.
    - What if that was the doing of Aizen’s evolving into a transcendent being (somewhat butterfly type creature and a different level above shinigami and hollows).
    These are the possible explanations I can come up with.

we all have our journeys to make.

New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast