Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 592 by BadKarma , Gintama 506 (2)
New Reply
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: I think it's time to revisit the Zangetsu / Juha similarity theory...

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Malta
    Post Thanks / Like

I think it's time to revisit the Zangetsu / Juha similarity theory...

Now that we know Ichigo's mom is a quincy, what kind of plausible links could there be between Ichigo and Juha, that would explain the similarity between Zangetsu's and Juha's appearance? I always thought Juha's appearance was unexpected for a final adversary. Before the masaki/quincy reveal, there was nothing to go on, but now....

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: I think it's time to revisit the Zangetsu / Juha similarity theory...

I'll be damned. They do indeed bear some similarities. The strange thing, though, is that Ichigo's Shinigami powers (and thus Zangetsu) come from Isshin. Isshin's Zanpaktou is even named Engetsu, clearly showing the similarities between their nature & power. Perhaps Ichigo's Quincy blood influenced the apperance of Zangetsu, only. If not, then we could be looking at some incest between Masaki & Isshin.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

well, after all is said and done. Ichigo IS a quincy, he just happens to have Shinigami powers (+access to hollow abilities)

Shinigami are souls, they're dead. Ichigo isn't dead so he can't be a shinigami. He is human born of a quincy, therefore he's a quincy.

Now when those two traits mixed they influenced each other, we've seen how Hollow-Ichigo threw Zangetsu like a range weapon VERY effectively in their fights and Ichigo did seem to make a note of telling us that internally. And how we learn how Ichigo's materialized Zanpaktou resembles a "Father" of all Quincies?

I would say it pretty much points to Ichigo being a direct decendant of Buha in my opinion.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Malta
    Post Thanks / Like

The more I think about it now the less coincidental it seems. If so, then I'm calling it!

Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Renaan View Post
    well, after all is said and done. Ichigo IS a quincy, he just happens to have Shinigami powers (+access to hollow abilities)

Shinigami are souls, they're dead. Ichigo isn't dead so he can't be a shinigami. He is human born of a quincy, therefore he's a quincy.

Now when those two traits mixed they influenced each other, we've seen how Hollow-Ichigo threw Zangetsu like a range weapon VERY effectively in their fights and Ichigo did seem to make a note of telling us that internally. And how we learn how Ichigo's materialized Zanpaktou resembles a "Father" of all Quincies?

I would say it pretty much points to Ichigo being a direct decendant of Buha in my opinion.
    It's not as straightforward as simply saying that Shinigamis are dead. If so, how can they die again? How could Isshin reproduce? Shinigamis are very much alive, they just reside in a different dimension.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Shinigami's are dead, they heavenly souls who have spiritual energy. They don't "die" ... but simply once their time in SS / Heaven is over they go back to earth and reincarnated. If every soul that went to SS stayed there then there'd be no balance. This was one of the very first lessons and cycles that was explained to us during the explanation of why Quincy's were slaughtered.

Far as I'm concerned, it's VERY straight forward. As far as reproduction, it could just be a matter of how well the Gigai's function :P

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Tenacious Weezy's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I know this isn't quite on topic but I've been wondering how exactly Isshin was able to reproduce with a Human. I guess a Gigai could contain the reproduction system needed (disgusting) but how exactly would he pass genes on? Or better yet spiritual powers? I really think the hougkyo made it happen. As for Zangetsu and Juha I think its somewhat coincidental because the Tensa Zangetsu ( the younger one) looks nothing like Bach. I'm just not sold on it.
    Last edited by Tenacious Weezy; March 12, 2013 at 03:25 PM.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, with the last chapter I would have doubts on the whole matter. So far juhabach is more similar to ishin than ichigo or masaki even though that what would make sense is that juhabach looks like either masaki or ichigo. More so, ishin was a captain recently and perhaps we can infer he is relatively young in comparison to what juhabach is. How can the two be related? I guess it is plausible for juhabach to actually be distantly related to ishin however this whole thing with ishin being a captain a mere 20 years ago is extremely confusing.

Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Renaan View Post
    Shinigami's are dead, they heavenly souls who have spiritual energy. They don't "die" ... but simply once their time in SS / Heaven is over they go back to earth and reincarnated. If every soul that went to SS stayed there then there'd be no balance. This was one of the very first lessons and cycles that was explained to us during the explanation of why Quincy's were slaughtered.

Far as I'm concerned, it's VERY straight forward. As far as reproduction, it could just be a matter of how well the Gigai's function :P
    I haven't stated that all souls stay in SS; don't put words in my mouth. As for the reincarnation process, could you please provide me with any evidence whatsoever regarding your points above? This is the first that I've heard that dead Shinigamis are always turned into humans.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Azuma View Post
    I haven't stated that all souls stay in SS; don't put words in my mouth. As for the reincarnation process, could you please provide me with any evidence whatsoever regarding your points above? This is the first that I've heard that dead Shinigamis are always turned into humans.
    I think he is just making an assumption with not evidence to support it. But that theory won't make sense.. if you think about it rukia's sister (forgot her name) who died many years ago.. so if she reincarnated then rukia must have found her and talk to her.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member devstauk's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

i think the whole Masaki being a quincy plays a huge role in Isshin being able to reproduce, i mean if you look at the whole quincy concept of taking Reishi in..... I won't go on coz i could ruin the entire manga for most of you But Masaki having the ability to manipulate Reishi, isshin's gigai being a vessel and just basically skin for a better a way of looking at it, I don't think a normal human with out any reishi control would have a chance of producing life with a Shinigami
    Spoiler show

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Tenacious Weezy's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by devstauk View Post
    i think the whole Masaki being a quincy plays a huge role in Isshin being able to reproduce, i mean if you look at the whole quincy concept of taking Reishi in..... I won't go on coz i could ruin the entire manga for most of you But Masaki having the ability to manipulate Reishi, isshin's gigai being a vessel and just basically skin for a better a way of looking at it, I don't think a normal human with out any reishi control would have a chance of producing life with a Shinigami
    That is interesting in a way. Essentially your saying that Masaki converted his spiritual energy into uh that stuff and made life from it? Sounds like midichlorians from Star wars. So what you're saying is Ichigo and his 2 sisters are Jedi....Honestly we're probably all looking to deep into it lol. But the idea of a spirit being able to hook up with a human, i mean what if a horny shinigami just boned an un-spiritually aware person?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member devstauk's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

essentially it would be like a poltergeist boning a human in real life

Spoiler show

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Notak's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Yep, soon we will find out Yhwach's last name is Kurosaki

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Kid Chameleone's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

isnt it bach?

---------- Post added at 08:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:16 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Chameleone View Post
    its bach...
    wait nvm just looked it up again , why'd the write it his name juha bach in some manga sites? they shouldve left it yhwach...

New Reply
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast