Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)
New Reply
Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Bleach 531 Discussion

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member exacta's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bleach 531 Discussion / 532 Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by Quantized View Post

If Kubo manages to pull a new Aizen stunt making him interesting again, then I'll eat my own words, but littereally, right now, Aizen blows.

Aizen needs balance, or he needs to stay out of the story in my opinion, that's my take on it.
    He can't be thrown out of the story now though, too many things that need to be explained that he's involved with. Isshin's backstory, Gin's backstory, Hogyoku and the Soul King. Plus he's got to show his Bankai. Aizen might do something surprising this arc, I do think it would be a bit interesting to find out why he didn't want to join Bach. I can't picture him working under someone anyway, but I'm sure his explanation would add more to it than that. I'm not sure what role he'll play in this arc either. I doubt Kubo will leave him out of the war though, he'll do something.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

So finally we've got to see Isshin's actual Shikai...
    And finally people would stop the argument about Isshin fighting Aizen in sealed stated or Shikai. Isshin should be a monster if he managed to easily worn-out Aizen in just sealed state in FKT.

And finally, it seems that Getsuga Tenshou might be used in sealed state and isn't actually related to Shikai or Bankai.

If Masaki takes down this Hollow, then Ichigo logically obtains poower of this Hollow through Fullbring in his mother's womb, since she was fighting a Hollow and it might be that the power of this Hollow mixed with the power of Engetsu, thus producing Ichigo's Zan - Zangetsu that is more or less similar, but not precisely the same.

P.S. And yes, I agree with those, who are tired of Aizen, but it's Bleach, it can't be without him.)

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Stzake's Avatar
    Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MBVC View Post
    Anyway, it's unlikely that Isshin used FGT in front of Aizen, otherwise Aizen would know when he saw Ichigo in that form, this means Isshin will use it latter in the future chapters. Still, how Isshin knows about the existence of FGT is currently a big mystery.
    We only know that Isshin knows FGT. That doesn't mean he used it.

Quote Originally Posted by DraMas26 View Post
    That was just Kubo retconning. He originally planned to end Bleach after SS arc. In an interview with Viz he said that Aizen's betrayal was kind of a last minute thing he did. He obviously didn't have all the details back then.
    I like to see that interview.
    '

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Well Isshin used FGT, this theory is basically supported by two things:

1. Isshin knows about FGT, whole procedure of acquiring it.
    2. Isshin lost his powers.

May be he lost his powers due to some other reason, but so far this Isnt stated in the manga so this theory can still be true or false until Kubo shed some light on it.

Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

Dark blood
    1. Well, knowing about Bankai and the procedure of acquiring it, doesn't mean you have it.
    2. He didn't loose his powers. It was clearly stated after he took down Grand Fisher that he actually abandoned them. And there is a big difference between loosing powers and abandoning them.

It seems more plausible that Isshin used the same Urahara's gigai as Rukia used, thus abandoning his Shinigami powers. Urahara was even worried if Isshin would blame him for this.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Shader's Avatar
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

Aizen meeting Quincys now couldv given him an another idea of hollowfication
    http://www.mangapanda.com/bleach/493/4
    http://www.mangapanda.com/bleach/493/6
    And maybe he even used this method on Masaki/Ichigo
    (but to be honest i am still betting on Hichigo being Uraharas doings)

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dark blood View Post
    Well Isshin used FGT, this theory is basically supported by two things:

1. Isshin knows about FGT, whole procedure of acquiring it.
    2. Isshin lost his powers.

May be he lost his powers due to some other reason, but so far this Isnt stated in the manga so this theory can still be true or false until Kubo shed some light on it.
    I forgot about this, maybe he actually loses his powers here. Maybe because he's being engaged by four foes now, if he does get up to fight that he ends up usinga trump card for the sake of saving his own life and ends up not returning to SS. It will be interesting though if he does end up using the FGT in this sidestory since then we'll also get to see how his form of FGT looks compared to Ichigo's lol.

Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jorge D. Dragon View Post
    Dark blood
    2. He didn't loose his powers. It was clearly stated after he took down Grand Fisher that he actually abandoned them. And there is a big difference between loosing powers and abandoning them.

It seems more plausible that Isshin used the same Urahara's gigai as Rukia used, thus abandoning his Shinigami powers. Urahara was even worried if Isshin would blame him for this.
    Was it mentioned ??? Looks like i missed it, can you give me a link or reference i ll be thankful to you

Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

Dark blood

http://www.mangareader.net/94-642-8/...apter-188.html

Here you go.

P.S. After this chapter it seems that Engetsu is actually some sort of a fire-based Zanpaktou. It would be great if Ichigo actually discovers more about his own Zan as it seems to be a mixture of Engetsu and a power of this Hollow.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Mr. Arashi's Avatar
    Country
    Chile
    Post Thanks / Like

Aizen wanted to zoom the show, Aizen order the blind to zoom it, realize that the blind cannot see a shit, Aizen joins the fight with a back-slash.

Sure my kind of villain

Nice chapter always coming from Tite.
    Last edited by Mr. Arashi; March 28, 2013 at 12:57 AM. Reason: funny

Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Dark blood

http://www.mangareader.net/94-642-8/...apter-188.html

Here you go.

P.S. After this chapter it seems that Engetsu is actually some sort of a fire-based Zanpaktou. It would be great if Ichigo actually discovers more about his own Zan as it seems to be a mixture of Engetsu and a power of this Hollow.
    Thanks a lot for the link.
    So he abandoned his powers, then i guess he forfeit his powers willingly for masaki (Cause that might be only logical explaination left for abandoning his powers.. Unless Urahara didnt meant that he willingly used FGT thus abandoning his powers), and Toshiro and Matsumoto not recognising (Not showing any signs of recognition to be precise) him may be the part of the agreement between Isshin and SS, once he left behind every thing for masaki.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Tenacious Weezy's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Been thinking about Getsuga and it's obviously a power that uses the wielders own energy. I remember Ichigo used to get completely taxed when we would use it. Maybe it's a Quincy type of technique? It would explain why Engetsu is an element type but Isshin can still use Getsuga, I'd assume he learned it from Masaki.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member thedarkoneaox's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I know haven't been here in a while I'm sending this thru my phone. But now all the piece fit. Someone said that she's gonna get attacked by that hollow and that really what's going to happen. Just not this second... I can't say what or who caused the order of the quinces to be exterminated probably Aizen due to Masaaki sudden appearance along with others he didn't get to see the end result of his experiment. She's gonna a save Isshin which explains why Ryuu doesnt like Isshin he ended up with her. So after the order to destroy the quinces came Isshin protected a pregnant Masaaki from that hollow but not after she was injured by it he ended up using fgt to protect his wife and kid. But now heres the twist masaki is probably buckbeards daughter which furthers his hatred toward) shinigami due to his daughter dying while being married to onew or at least having kids by one. So doesnt that make Ichigo = Upper class shinigami (which makes some Uncle Ganj lol) - Upper class quincy(uncle ryuu and cousin is hidalgo - V. Lord - and has the crystal energy. But damn how over powering can you get if ishia taught he how to draw in energy than no matter what he could hit you with a black moon fang anytime he wanted. Man the ideas are endless damn so how in the hell did he lose all of his powers.
    A proud member of the New Central 46!
    Harribal's Babydad and Grimmjow's Brother in Law

Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Glassjaw003 View Post
    Not related? There is only evidence towards that they are related, unless of course Masaki is calling him cousin and his mom auntie because they are also pureblood....
    No, it's been specifically stated that they aren't related. Masaki is from the Kurosaki clan and Ryoken is from the Ishida clan. Both of them are clans of pure-blooded Quincies, and it is for that reason that Masaki has been invited to live with the Ishidas. The aunt's aim is to have eventually have Masaki marry Ryoken to continue the pure-blooded bloodline of the Quincies. This strongly suggests that they aren't related.

Masaki calling Ishida's mother 'auntie' can be because of two reasons:
    1) She's been living there for a while and sees Ishida's mother as her aunt as a result.
    2) She's doing it as a sign of respect to pretend like she's completely happy about the situation, i.e. simply putting up a front.

Based on what Ryoken said in 530, the second scenario seems more plausible.

Dark blood
    1. Well, knowing about Bankai and the procedure of acquiring it, doesn't mean you have it.

That's all a matter of interpretation and the translation might not even be completely accurate. You're saying that there's a difference between abandoning the powers and losing them, yet your theory results in him losing his powers..? In any case, I seriously doubt Isshin would have used the same Gigai as the one Rukia used. It doesn't make sense. This would result in him losing his powers on purpose for no apparent reason, which, quite frankly, is dumb. Furthermore, why would Urahara be 'worried' (which he wasn't, at all) about Isshin blaming him if that was what Isshin had wanted? None of it makes sense.

If he had simply abandoned his Shinigami powers, then it makes a lot more sense if he used the same Gigai as Urahara and the Vizards, namely the one that completely masks reiatsu. That way, he could have 'abandoned' his Shinigami self by simply staying in that Gigai.
    Last edited by Azuma; March 28, 2013 at 02:40 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Lee.J.Baxter's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Okay, looks like it's been mentioned already in this thread, but it looks like Getsuga Tenshou was used by Ishinn when Engetsu was in its sealed state (this fight has confirmed that it's not permanently in its Shikai state, and he didn't appear to release it before he attacked Aizen). That possibly means that Getsuga Tenshou has NOTHING to do with neither Ichigo's or Ishinn's Shikai or Bankai. It looks like we might see Zangetsu's "true" powers down the line!!!
    Predictions
    • Just as Quincies are evolved beings born from Humans, Shinigami are evolved beings born from Hollows.
    • Once Yhwach dies, Ichigo's Quincy powers will disappear and his soul will become unstable, causing the onset of Soul Suicide.
    • Yhwach isn't going to be the final antagonist.

New Reply
Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast