Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/14/14 - 7/20/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi , Bleach 588 (2)

View Poll Results: How do you rate Bleach 530?

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 Waste of time

0 0%
  • 2 Horrible

0 0%
  • 3 Poor

0 0%
  • 4 Fair

0 0%
  • 5 Average

1 3.45%
  • 6 Decent

0 0%
  • 7 Okay

3 10.34%
  • 8 Good

11 37.93%
  • 9 Great

5 17.24%
  • 10 Amazing

9 31.03%
New Reply

Thread: Bleach 530 The TW Review

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Tenacious Weezy's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Bleach 530 The TW Review

Scantalation provided by MangaPanda

Central Characters

Isshin Shiba

Masaki Kurosaki

Ryuken Ishida

Ryuken Ishida's mother

Katagiri

VastroLord Hollow

Shinigami Fodder

The Background

Last chapter we headed back to “Heaven” with Oetsu and Renji. Oetsu explained the nature of Shinigami and their Asauchi and explained that in order to have their own Zanpaktou manifest they HAVE to have an Asauchi. The chapter then shifted to the Flashback of Isshin. A few things were learned; Isshin was the Shiba Head, Toshiro was 3rd seat (working on Bankai) and Aizen and company were becoming progressively better at their hollow experiments.
    Last weeks chapter was rated a 8.1.

The Review

This Chapter begins in Narukishi, the location where multiple Shinigami have gone missing, where two more Shinigami are already exploring the area looking for trouble. With a Hueco Mundo like moon out in the sky the two Shinigami make comments about the sky getting cloudy. Isshin is able to deduce from hearing their conversation that when it rains things get bad (Chapter reference!). It's all fun and smiles for Isshin and he lets the two fodder know to bounce if it starts to down pour. Even making a metaphorical statement about him peeing alone, as in he wants to fight alone. Pretty funny stuff.

As the scene switches to Karakura Town we get a glimpse into the lavish life of the Ishida family. Mrs. Ishida is asking Masaki about her school but Masaki seems to be really out of it. Not even knowing if she was being spoken to at first. They then get into the conversation about “Holy Training” which I assume is Quincy training more or less. As they continue we find out that the Masaki is the last living Kurosaki and is staying in the Ishida residence to train as a Quincy. Masaki is either shy about it or doesn't like it much from her response. As Mrs. Ishida begins to get upset Ryuken interrupts.

The mother excuses herself with a brief mentioning of “Where is Soken”. Ryuken focuses on Masaki and apologizes for his Mother's anger (She's so ronery). Masaki plays it off very well and even threatens to eat his food while she goes to her room. Ryuken see's through the facade easily and we also get a glimpse of Masaki crying in her room as well. He speaks to his maid (Katagiri) about her real purpose at his home. His mother took her in to marry him, all for the purpose of keeping the Quincy blood pure in the family. He wonders if she could really be happy with that. As he maid responds it seems that being a Quincy isn't random to those spiritually aware (IE: Don Kanoji) but a purely blood related thing. If that is the case then a lot of Quincy would be forced to marry other Quincy's without any say in the matter in order to keep the line going. Interestingly enough Ryuken doesn't believe that the Quincy's future can't continue to exist (or perhaps thrive) if they aren't happy.

As the chapter begins to conclude we switch back to Isshin. He ponders on whatever it is that's attacking Shinigami's purpose in doing so. He decides to attract it by releasing his spiritual energy. Great page by the way. The soon to be fodder Shinigami are in awe of his power so much so that they probably never even noticed whatever it was that killed them. Isshin hears the sound of death and thinks that whatever it was wasn't attracted to his energy. I personally think the opposite as it immediately shows up behind him. Another great page again. With the hole of a hollow and the shape the size of a human I do believer a Vastro Lord has met up with Isshin! On top of that it has a mask that closely resembles Ichigo's hollow mask! WHAT DOES IT MEAN?

My Thoughts

It was pretty hard not to Fangasm on this chapter. I mean I randomly woke up at 3 AM Eastern Time and read the chapter, went back to sleep and proceeded to have dreams about it. Kinda ridiculous, I've never dreamed about pictures before....

Masaki seems pretty sad. Her whole family may have been wiped out by hollows or shinigami too. Still because of what we saw a few chapters ago she's probably a pretty capable Quincy as well. I'm also strongly of the opinion her and Bach are related still, and since he was in hiding it can still hold true.

I have a gripe with why Isshin is really looking for this hollow. Either there is more to it we don't know about or its just poorly executed. I mean a captain gets his power capped off at 20% if they go to the Living world for a reason. I know he left without permission but geese that's irresponsible and on top of that WHAT EXACTLY made him think HE had to handle it? If there had been a friend or like a 4th or 5th seat he knew to be strong that died then that would make sense, but there isn't. He just decides he has to handle it? Wow. /rant

Ryuken is named “The Last Quincy” and he states he has no interest in it as an adult, but it looks like once upon time he was all about the Quincy, although he wasn't about the forced marriages.

My Questions

Oh wow I have a lot but I'll stick with the main one. So this new Hollow looks like Ichigo's hollow. Ichigo get's his power of Shinigami from his Dad and Quincy from his mother. Where does his hollow come into play? Perhaps from residual power after it will obviously inflict damage on Isshin or perhaps Masaki. If I recall that's how Full Bringers are born (mother-wise) and Ichigo is one of those too. Aizen really did have a big part in Ichigo's creation as a transcendent being in that case. My question from all this though is how exactly this will play out without fluffing up the manga in ways most fans can't appreciate? I mean the Quincy thing has caused problems enough LOL. Good Luck KT!

Predictions

Well a fight is obvious. I'll be impressed if this Hollow talks and I do think it's possible. Hopefully we see Isshin's Bankai at the end of the chapter as well. I expect Masaki to sense what's going down and start heading out that way as well.
    That’s it for this week see ya next chapter!

SIDE NOTE

I'm always looking to improve my format for these reviews. Please PM or leave a comment on what you would like to see. I could go more in-depth, different picture format, less opinionated, better poll questions, etc. Anything is appreciated really, I just don't want the reviews to get stale.
    Last edited by Tenacious Weezy; March 13, 2013 at 09:51 AM.

2. Thanks 5 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member hopeandlight's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bleach 530 The TW Review

This is probably impossible, but what if Ichigo is the Hollow or at least his power is.
    It's sort of discussed in the chapter forums.

Anyways I also like this explanation
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showth...of-the-Species

4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

For the Hollow and Ichigo, i'm thinking about Masaki sealing (intentionally of not) a part of it (him ?) in her when she defeated it (him ?). Thus, when giving birth to Ichigo, the Hollow transfered (partially or completely).

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

great review,man! very well arranged! even the interiour and deepest feelings such as masaki's lonely were developed!

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Yo! Great and insight review for Bleach 530! If anybody has to take over for The Underscore then I'm glad it's you. Looking forward to your next one!

P.S. With regards to the connection to Ichigo and this Hollow, with Ichigo almost getting hollowfied in the SS arc to get his powers back and knowing how fullbring works it's not that much of a stretch to consider that this hollow's energy served as the blueprint for Ichigo's hollow powers, and as you stated Aizen seems to have been manipulating Ichigo's development from the word "GO!".

New Reply