Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 592 by BadKarma , Gintama 506 (2)
New Reply

Thread: Ichigo's mothers weakness already explained?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Sanadan's Avatar
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb Ichigo's mothers weakness already explained?

So we get to see that Ichigos mother was to be married to carry on the pure blood Quincy line. This is obviously nothing she wants but she is by far too nice to say no.
    So how did she get out of this?
    My theory is the, Quincy Letzt Stil. I think she had a Sanrei glove and use this.
    It is described as a double edged sword and could have been used to in some way help Isshin out with the Vasto Lorde.
    If this is true then she squishes 2 flies in one swift stroke. Loses the Quincy powers just like Ishida did in the SS invasion arc and saves Isshin. No more marrige, one dead VL and eventually a happy family.
    Meh

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Tenacious Weezy's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Ichigo's mothers weakness already explained? (spoilers from this weeks chapter)

No because its already been shown its quite possible to recover your powers. Even the man who was able to do it was engaged to her plus his Faja ,Soken probably taught him and he's obviously still alive as well. As for the fight I can't even guess. When the flashback started it kinda showed the end of the fight and she looked completely fine and even offered to heal him. So either shes l33t or she caught the hollow when he wasn't looking.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Notak's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Ichigo's mothers weakness already explained? (spoilers from this weeks chapter)

My guess is the same (Letzt Stil) or perhaps she even had Vollständig. Or some other technique that's effective against Hollows. Maybe Sklaverei?

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Hakuteiken's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think you would use the Sanrei Gloves to save a stranger from an attack. That looks too much of a stretch. You'd probably rather see them get killed, since using it would potentially mean you wouldn't be able to save anyone else in the future.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Notak's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

^Masaki has been made out to be a very warm empathetic person, so it could be that she used it.

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hakuteiken View Post
    I don't think you would use the Sanrei Gloves to save a stranger from an attack. That looks too much of a stretch. You'd probably rather see them get killed, since using it would potentially mean you wouldn't be able to save anyone else in the future.
    Hence in some way. If this prediction is to be there could be two options. The showdown happens later after they know each other or maybe she still uses it now in desperation because of the vls strength.
    Meh

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm positive that this fight is going to end with that hollow being absorbed or sealed inside of her. It's the same mask as the last hollow transformation Ichigo took so without a doubt her reistu will be tainted and pasted down to Ichigo. Also keep in mind that Isshin is going to be using FGT too and being losing his power. But it would be pretty intense to let out that kind of power in a town.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member tret16's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kulash05 View Post
    I'm positive that this fight is going to end with that hollow being absorbed or sealed inside of her. It's the same mask as the last hollow transformation Ichigo took so without a doubt her reistu will be tainted and pasted down to Ichigo. Also keep in mind that Isshin is going to be using FGT too and being losing his power. But it would be pretty intense to let out that kind of power in a town.
    That was the first thing that came to my mind when i saw the hollows mask... It looks exactly like Ichigo's, so my theory is that she gets involved into the fight somehow and end up getting stabbed or obsorbs the hollow somehow and the raiatsu is tranferred to ichigo while he's born.

But as for Isshin, i also had the thought that he lost his powers due to usin FGT, but there is also more then one way to lose your raiatsu, and that' to use the gigai that Urahara made. The same one that he gave to Rukia at the start of this whole manga. It saps the raiatsu from your body to the point you don't even become a shinigami anymore. I think that's how he really did it. He fell in lov with her and decided to get rid of all his raiatsu to be with her.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tret16 View Post
    But as for Isshin, i also had the thought that he lost his powers due to usin FGT, but there is also more then one way to lose your raiatsu, and that' to use the gigai that Urahara made. The same one that he gave to Rukia at the start of this whole manga. It saps the raiatsu from your body to the point you don't even become a shinigami anymore. I think that's how he really did it. He fell in lov with her and decided to get rid of all his raiatsu to be with her.
    I seriously doubt that is the case. It doesn't make any logical sense. If he wanted to hide from Soul Society, then he could just as well have used the same Gigai that Urahara, Tessai and the Vizards had, which masks the reiatsu completely. There wouldn't really have been a point in deliberately getting rid of his powers.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member tret16's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

If i'm not mistaken, Urahara's objective would be to get rid of Rukia's raiatsu and shewould have become human. Isshin probably wanted to become human so that he could live a happy life with the love of his life. Shed his entire shinigami self.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member DarkBankai's Avatar
    Country
    United Nations
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Azuma View Post
    I seriously doubt that is the case. It doesn't make any logical sense. If he wanted to hide from Soul Society, then he could just as well have used the same Gigai that Urahara, Tessai and the Vizards had, which masks the reiatsu completely. There wouldn't really have been a point in deliberately getting rid of his powers.
    I am of the opinion that it makes more sense to keep your power so you can protect your love- not throw it away to be normal human.

Be proud, that after receiving my blade you still retain the shape of a human.

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DarkBankai View Post
    I am of the opinion that it makes more sense to keep your power so you can protect your love- not throw it away to be normal human.
    Humanity is normally romanticised in the realm of the supernatural. In vampire fiction the vamps dream about becoming normal once again, to belong. Same with werewolf and what have you. It's not a stretch in this theory if kubo has influences of other supernatural sources and I am certain he does. The world without power, secluded and anonymous would mean less attention and that means less trouble.
    Meh

New Reply