Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: (Shin) Prince of Tennis Videogame Discussion Thread

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Does anyone still play Smash Hit 2 or Form the Strongest team?

I have SH2 and got it instead of FTST because of the weird gameplay I've seen in videos. I still haven't played it, but I don't have enough to complain about in SH2 to buy FTST. I also couldn't find any information about an Edit mode on FTST and felt that I was too lazy to customize every character by playing through the game that many times.

In regards to Tachibana's serve return, "Return", I've found the way to counter it is to serve with O instead of X. I believe that the move doubles the speed of the serve, so using your weak serve doesn't make the counter as fast. I first noticed it when I was bored and watched my custom characters being played by the computer. I do hate that in comp vs comp mode, the characters always place their specials in stupid places. Vanishing Cut should score 100% of the time on a hard computer and Twist Serve should score every time the character is on the right side of the court. Computer doesn't understand this concept, though, and always either fakes Vanishing Cut or places it in an easy return spot.

My OP character, since everyone has one, is Sanada with every single ability, Speed Serve, Return, and Laser Shot. He also has full SS stats. I like to watch him destroy everyone, even my other custom characters. I could give him some guaranteed points with Quick Serve and Ami Watari (I think), but that's no fun.
    Last edited by JyAZ; June 14, 2009 at 02:00 AM.

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Atobe the king's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I had a custom Sanada in SH2...he had Kamios sonic bullet, Atobe's serve, Rondo to destruction, Tachibana's speed return and Zero shiki....

The only one who could beat him was my equally broken Tezuka
    When's Prince of Tennis Smash Hit 4

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I found that against computer, the most broken set up is Quick Serve, Hametsu he no Rondo, Ami Watari, Laser Shot, and Silent Drop. The first three are guaranteed points, while Laser Shot and Silent Drop have a very high chance to score. Quick Serve is also broken because it doesn't take up the whole bar to use it, so it leaves more chances for special shots. Same with Silent Drop and why I think it's better than Zero Shiki. Ami Watari, from what I've seen, is a monster. I've only seen it returned once by a computer, and it was doubles. Hametsu he no Rondo is easy, but it does take the whole bar which is kind of annoying, same with Ami Watari. For some reason, Laser Shot tricks the computer a lot making them run past it most of the time.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quick serve is absolutely broken, the AI has NEVER returned that serve...

Which is why i don't give it to anyone

Silent drop is way better than Zero Shiki imo..it's why i get scared when tachibana comes to net

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Bowser's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Didnt want to remake thread. Played on my DS (Crystal Drive) on hardest difficulty, max gauge (which meant everybody could spam moves), but I would only use moves when I needed to catch up, win the game, badly need it. I tried Ootori, 6-0'ed Atobe by spamming, so I decided to no spam moves unless needed to.

Warning: I suck at this game quite badly, usually play on normal haha.
    I used Jirou...VS

Fuji, 6-4, he needs revenge. couldnt break his service game, he kept using his counter to return my volleys. It was at 5-4 before I managed to break his game.

Tezuka, 4-6, Man, I couldnt break his service game, messed too long with him on my service game and I didnt use my specials. He beat me

Echizen, 3-6, This dude is annoying, he spammed his specials like nothing and throwing me off balance.

Tachibana, 0-6, The one man who continues the proud tradition of owning Hyoutei players. I had to spam my moves and still lose. His high speed returns are unbreakable I swear.

Mizuki, 7-5, He had a crazy snake serve, i was like wtf? Not too difficult tho.

Sengoku, 6-3, Lucky he didnt spam his serve. Not too hard tho.

Akutsu, 2-6, Damnit, he owned me. His specials are freaking impossible to return and the speed is incredible.

Hiyoshi, 6-4, Had to play future captain of Hyoutei. Dno how I lost first three games, his style surprised me I guess.

Atobe, 6-2, Wow, Pre National Atobe is rubbish, I didnt even needed to use my specials a lot, only once or twice. This guy is slow on this game, so get in the corner, he won't reach it.

Amane, 6-4, Not bad. Bit hard to break service game, he was at the net with his huuuuge racket.

Marui, 6-4, Screwed up, could've finished it at 6-2, but I kinda dropped 4 games in a row at 3-0 up. Bleh.

Kirihara, 6-1, Stronger that he seems, destroyed 2 of my 4 rackets in the first game (I play with 4 rackets). had 1 racket by end of the match.

Yanagi, 6-3, Annoying data tennis. Aha, Fuji is better!!!...maybe not.

Sanada, 2-6, this guy has the most annoying returns ever and a super serve that goes out 80% times u return it.

This concludes my report, and how much I got owned. Order goes by Tachibana, Sanada/Akutsu, Echizen, Tezuka, Mizuki, Fuji/Hiyoshi/Amane/Marui, Yanagi/Sengoku, Atobe and Kirihara.
    Last edited by Bowser; September 21, 2009 at 04:10 PM.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Lol i haven't played CD in a while..i usually stick to normal as well...

Also if AI atobe wanted to beat you he'd beat you 2-0 or 1-0

He could use Tannhauser and if you manage to return it he can follow up with Hametsu e no Rondo and break your racket..

Lol now i wanna play this again as well.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member javimgol's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

I got Crystal Drive too.
    For me, the best players are clearly Tezuka, Ryoma, Kikumaru and...Amane!

Amane serve is so good than CPU players, in hard, avoid it to keep their rackets safe. And VS humans, it's almost impossible to return, even returning it with X buttom. You have to serve in the right place, moving a bit left or right depending of the side you serve.But it's unstoppable.

Tezuka has the "normal but special" shot that only can be used when he is the line, that only costs 1 Bar and it's extremely fast.And his overall abilities are incredible. Also 0Shiki Drop Shot and TZone, but are very expensive (4 Bars)

Kikumaru has the Split Step. If you can not return a ball with three players, you are a noob.

And Ryoma isn´t very good (too fragile) but has a lot of good moves to mind rape your oponent: serving with Twist Serve, returning with Rising Shot, and, while playing, you can combo 0Shiki Drop Shot with Snakes, for example.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Those guys are good..But Kirihara and Atobe pwned with their cheap ass serves and smashes, and of course Amane.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner SumeragiKai's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Vs Amane/Atobe/Kirihara, just use Tachibana with his serve return would beat their serve no?
    Only thing Tachibana lacks is a special serve, but playing on normal, just using normal shots should be enough for the cpu even on hard, if you play with super max, nobody can keep serve vs him if he spams his serve return lol.
    My top players would be Tachibana, Tezuka, and Atobe.
    When you guys play, do you use praise/taunt alot? Who do you guys use for coach?
    Also.... getting Eiji's voicecard is such a pain lol I can't get past 2 wins in underground tennis betting...

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Ravsieg's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

I played it a few days ago... I was so rusty that I didn't even remember that Inui was supposed to have data. I was Yanagi btw.
    ~ Tirawit Kokin

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Lol with Renji I only like using his backhand serve returns, never liked his other specials...

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

He has this annoying lob special, that makes you lob back anything u hit, its soo annoying. Its Yanagi Zone!

Atobe used Tannhauser a few times, I couldnt return any of it. Thank god he didn't spam that, he spammed the other serve. I didnt lob once tho, so no rondo towards destruction for me!

Jirou is awesome. Max orange gauge, all you have to do is lose a point to a special. Using him, meant I dont have a serve retur, means it makes the game slightly harder. Tachibana is the best though, if sanada had rai tho....>_<. Spam Scud serve and scud return, you're almost sure to win (Ootori)

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member javimgol's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Does anyone has ever got Fuji's card in Crystal Drive? Is the only one I don´t have, and I think it's practically impossible

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Fuji's voice card - Clear all tournaments except DUS and have the total of your best times be below 2 hours

I dont even bother collecting them. Btw, how do you do Amanes special serve, whats the buttons?
    Last edited by Bowser; September 22, 2009 at 03:12 PM.

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Fuji's card isn't too difficult to get, set difficulty to easy, 1 racket ko, and use Taka, L + R + B while holding up, you'll break their rackets first go. Top of the lefty use Niou, with Sanada coach, who will max out your awaken bar, and use your muga ftw

In the tournaments where you cant break their rackets, use Tezuka or Ryoma to win the points fast, best to have a serve that will ace them and a return serve to finish it fast.

In the tournaments on hard mode, use Taki from Hyoutei, Sanada/Atobe coach, to get his awaken bar maxed. Then make sure you are in line with the opponent and then muga them, unavoidable for them .

That should be it, if you are having trouble I'll post my tournament times for you as a rough guideline.To get Smith/Rinko as players you need all the cards, I'm only short Eiji's card, now that's near impossible to get lol.

Bowser, Jirou is awesome, and his move that maxes his awaken bar is pwn lol. But Tachibana isn't broken tho, because he doesn't have a serve.

Played Fuji, Tezuka, Echizen with your settings just then. No special spamming.

Fuji,6-1, Fuji is slow in this game lol but he spams his specials, esp Hakugei, which wasn't too bad, I couldn't hit his vanishing serve on the adv court, but like in the manga, broke all his counters lol I used 8 specials compared to his 50.

Tezuka, 6-0, lol this match was too easy, vs Fuji I didn't smash often because Higuma Otoshi was hard to hit back depending on where you smashed it, but Tezuka didn't have it so it wasn't too bad. He used 21 specials which were mostly Tezuka zone, while I used 11, just to break out of the zone.

Echizen, 6-1, he started well, first serve was followed by drive A, which broke 1 racket of mine, then spammed twist serve which was abit hard to return. He won the first game to love. Used super rising vs my serve alot but it wasn't too hard to beat, spammed drive B, and buggy whip shot mostly and occasionally used zero shiki, I didn't lob so no cool drive for him lol used 4 specials compared to his 32.

Gonna vs Tachibana now, whoever gets to hold serve will win this match

New Reply
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast