Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 600 (2)

View Poll Results: Favorite Anime, Winter 2012 - 2013

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • Nekomonogatari: Kuro

2 50.00%
  • Maoyuu Maou Yuusha

1 25.00%
  • Cuticle Detective Inaba

0 0%
  • Minami-ke Tadaima

1 25.00%
  • Hakkenden

0 0%
  • Oreshura

0 0%
  • Love Live!

0 0%
  • Bakumatsu Gijinden Roman

0 0%
  • The Unlimited

0 0%
  • Amnesia

0 0%
  • Tamako Market

0 0%
  • Sasami-san@Ganbaranai

0 0%
  • Kotoura-san

0 0%
  • Vividred Operation

0 0%
  • Haganai NEXT

1 25.00%
  • Chihayafuru 2

0 0%
  • Mondaiji-tachi ga Isekai kara Kuru Sou Desu yo?

1 25.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
New Reply

Thread: Favorite New Anime, Winter 2012 - 2013

Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

Favorite New Anime, Winter 2012 - 2013

With the winter season now over, what which new winter anime was your favorite?

I voted for Nekomonogatari: Kuro and Maoyuu Maou Yuusha as best of the season. Both were my favorites by a wide margin. Nekomogatari: Kuro successfully continued one of the best anime series ever, being every bit as good as it's classic predecessors, Bakemonogatari and Nisemonogatari. The animation was as amazing as ever, and dialog some of the most grandly baffling in the entire series. Koyomi's anime starting conversation with Tsukihi was among my favorite moments in the entire Monogatari series.

To me, Maou Yuusha was one of the treats of the season. Having a degree in political science, it was amazing seeing a fantasy story with such a realistic political world. Developing better agriculture, establishing trade connections, spreading education, religion's role in the state - all handled in a realistic, intelligent way. I also loved the characters, all interesting and likable. The cast was equally amazing, basically bringing together the cast of DRRR with the cast of Wolf and Spice. A horribly underrated show, but Maou Yuusha was one I truly enjoyed.
    Last edited by Kaiten; March 31, 2013 at 10:58 AM.

Intl Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ju-da-su's Avatar
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Favorite New Anime, Winter 2012 - 2013

...Senyuu...Yes, seriously. I mean, I love that short gag anime, since it's funny while the seiyuus are also pretty good. While it's only about less than 5 minutes per week, it's the only Winter '12-'13 series that I rewatch again and again, watch MAD and stuff at nicovideo and such (which I rarely do except for series that really pique my interest, and most the comedies, like Gintama, Shirokuma Cafe, Ixion Sega DT and this one), while the rest, I kinda watch only the episode once then never return to it again. Senyuu is really the only Winter series I look forward to every single week, like, seriously looking forward to it...>.>"

Winter '12-'13 is actually kinda dull overall as well, so I guess this one end up standing right out. I'll give my second place to Hakkenden partly because the other two Winter series that I watch is Zettai Karen Children: The Unlimited and Amnesia...both of which are really meh.

With that, guess I can't really vote. My favorite anime isn't on the list (undestandable since it's not all that well-known and there are other series that people pay more attention to, like Mayuu Maou Yuusha or Tamako Market or whatever, all of which I didn't watch), and there's no others in the option as well. Senyuu is by far my favorite in that dull season after all... ._____."
    Last edited by Ju-da-su; March 31, 2013 at 11:11 AM.

4-Star Loli-Hunter 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Skyguardian's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Mondaiji: The only thing bad about this show was that it has been way to short with only 10 episodes. The animation quality was very good and the main chracters were very likable. Furthermore the figths were fun to watch and the amount of comedy was well done too.

Haganai NEXT: Without a doubt my favourite of the season. The story about a group of young people who attend a club to learn how to make friends has a lot more depth than you would guess. Together with the first season they created very great characteres with unique traits and appearences. I can only recommend this show.

Wrecking Ball 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Doraku's Avatar
    Country
    Liberia
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm not sure between Mi.nami-ke and Nekomonogatari, but finally I decided to give my vote to Minami-ke. A refreshing series, and gave me so many good laughs during the winter season. I couldn't deny that Nekomonogatari is probably better - but I think I was more into a lighthearted series this winter.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity REN KOUEN's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

someone (M3J) should post a teaser video for each anime option !!!

Light and Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I have to say if anything, I would choose Nekomonogatari: Kuro. It delivered the same awesome qualities Bakemono and Nisemono had too. Besides that the season was really disappointing, with average/generic shows. Kotoura-san had a good start but became rather boring and predictable later on. Maou Yuusha deserves a mention as it was indeed something different compared to the usual and was pretty interesting at some points. I felt like most characters were just too shallow though and the story had a lot of up and downs so despite being one of the best shows of the season it didn't impress me that much =/

Chihayafuru's second season (so far) can't compare to quality of the first one either so this season was pretty boring overall.

New Reply