Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply

Thread: Usopp vs Arlong

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Usopp vs Arlong

Usopp now vs arlong (then)

no range shit, hand to hand.

does usopp even have haki?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member RezzieThaRapper's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Usopp vs Arlong

Ignoring your specifications because this would be a spite thread otherwise, and since Usopp is a ranged fighter and has easily defeated royal fishmen knights while looking badass, and toyed with the new fishmen crewmen... I'm going to assume Ussop wins this candidly
    I have an opinionDon't hate me for it...

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Kazu-Sama's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

No Long Range? If Usopp can use his seeds in H2H he'd win. If not, Arlong Stomps...

Epic Brofist!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member vagabond87's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MissSuicideSheep View Post

Hand to hand?

Ussop is physically so many times weaker than Arlong that its not even funny.. aaaaaaand
    "range shit" is basic skill of Ussop, he is as good in it as Zoro with swordsmanship.
    This should not be discussed further.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, we don't actually know just how strong ussop is physically at the moment. Seeing his improved phisicque from the 2 year timeskip it should be quite something and it shouldn't be strange that ussop reaches superhuman strength to some degree.
    http://www.mangareader.net/one-piece/695/16
    http://www.mangareader.net/one-piece/695/17

Ussop here was able to carry and aim with one hand his rather large slingshot along with a plant full of rubble which he used to attack. It is not necessarily an indication that he can match arlong in terms of strength but him handling such a thing easily does talk pretty well about his improved, potentially superhuman, strength.

Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    Well, we don't actually know just how strong ussop is physically at the moment. Seeing his improved phisicque from the 2 year timeskip it should be quite something and it shouldn't be strange that ussop reaches superhuman strength to some degree.
    http://www.mangareader.net/one-piece/695/16
    http://www.mangareader.net/one-piece/695/17

Ussop here was able to carry and aim with one hand his rather large slingshot along with a plant full of rubble which he used to attack. It is not necessarily an indication that he can match arlong in terms of strength but him handling such a thing easily does talk pretty well about his improved, potentially superhuman, strength.
    kkck I saw your post about strenght of strawhats after time skip, its not as good post as your posting since now. In those last posts there is a lot of assumptions, some part is wishful thinking in my opinion.
    Ussops goal was to be less of a coward and greater long range fighter. Arlong was monster when it comes to strength. Most probably new black kabuto that Ussop uses takes on itself some of strenght needed for example for that attack with rubble. No superhuman strength for Ussop until he can swing some amazingly big hammer that is not made out of rubber if you know what I mean.
    How Ussop can have any hope in hand to hand with this?

After time skip Ussop would win with Arlong that we saw back then in Arlong Park arc, but without tricks he has 0% chance no matter how you will put reply to my post.
    Last edited by vagabond87; March 21, 2013 at 01:58 PM.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

My point was not that ussop was as physically powerful as arlong, it was that it does seem like he has some degree of super human strength. He has yet to show anything like what arlong showed in the past however being able to carry that plant full of rocks, the large kabuto and aim it with such precision alongside the sea stone cuffs shows he is significantly stronger than what he was in the first part of the manga. With what we have seen it is just evident ussop can carry a large amount of rocks with one hand with no effort whatsoever and pull the strings from his weapon (which should be quite durable given what we saw) with enough force to reach and harm those guys. Its a huge improvement. And the manga has not yet given any clear limit as to how strong ussop has physically gotten for that matter. Heck, it has been 1 year since the timeskip and no strawhat has faced a single enemy who stood a chance against them.... Neither hodi or ceasar were strong to begin with at least. Well, sanji did face vergo but sanji had taken some severe damage from having nami use his body and the fight was far from concluded.

That said, arlong was strong by grand line standards however arlong at large would not be worth anything even in comparison to the weak guys the strawhats have defeated since the timeskip (hodi and ceasar). Heck, by the time of the alabasta arc zoro would go and completely outclass that little show arlong put there by throwing a building to Mr 1(the house arlong threw was made of wood while the one zoro threw was made out of rock or some other material).
    http://www.mangareader.net/103-2301-...apter-194.html

Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Well I do remember what Zoro has shown. Its not like Arlong shown his limit, if we want to compare those situations we can as well add Burgles throwing house at Ace. When it comes to Ussop he is many times stronger than he was before thats for sure but superhuman strenght still seems like a strech to me. He can be really strong but nothing compared to any stronger person in One Piece world - Mr Satan of One Piece I would say.
    Any trying to fight Arlong hand to hand would be instant death for him as he is now.
    "Neither hodi or ceasar were strong to begin with at least." I would say that Hodi was far stronger than what we thought about him at first. To be able to still fight after getting hit so many times with Luffys CoA was really something even while he was out after elephant gun its still impressive that he survived quite a good pounding and managed to get back on his feet. I think that we will see in future how devastating attacks like snake shot really were. When it comes to Cesar I would say that he was rather strong, maybe not Vergo level but still stronger than Franky or Robin for example and that is something. Chopper would loose, same with Brook most probably so guy that only Monster trio(out of Strawhats) can beat is rather strong one. Before time skip I would say that entire SH crew would die against him in not such a long time.
    Vergo-Sanji? I would love a rematch. Even wounded Sanji sended Vergo flying two times before getting too cocky and tanking instead of avoiding heavy attack from Vergo and getting his leg cracked. Healthy Sanji would send Vergo flying over and over again until V would have to take out bamboo and then I would still give it to Sanji- if he would know what Vergo is capable of before their short fight(Smoker and Law knew full well what kind of monster V was and non of them even thought about tanking his attacks) he would come out of that short fight unscathed.

I will say it once more- Ussop would kick Arlongs ass using all his new tricks. Sogeking 2.0 would mop the flor with Arlong
    Hand to hand? Ussop becoming bloody pulp in a few moments.

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MissSuicideSheep View Post

This was question is a bit like... Nami with no staff at all. Just hand to hand.

You're basically saying... Two people fight. But remove the fighting style of one of the opponents.
    Zoro is a different fighter without swords. Sanji is very different without kicks.
    They become considerably weaker without these abilities.

New Reply