Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 592 by BadKarma , Gintama 506 (2)

View Poll Results:

Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll
  • 0 0%
Thread Closed
Page 3 of 134 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 103 ... LastLast

Thread: Mafia Game "Discussion" Thread v.7

MH's Funniest Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity digitaldude's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Mafia Game "Discussion" Thread v.7

Damn it!

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Arctigor's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

welcome to death's club DD...:|
    http://0-media-cdn.foolz.us/ffuuka/board/a/image/1354/36/1354363077873.jpg

3. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH's Funniest Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity digitaldude's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Arctigor View Post
    welcome to death's club DD...:|
    You can vote today dude.....GO GO GO!

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Evil3ye's Avatar
    Country
    San Marino
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by naruto-niichan View Post
    Oh and I will add the possible roles in the opening post. I'm well aware I should have done that sooner but if you need some clarification regarding the roles, you can look it up now.
    Where? I dun see anything yet.

Light and Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Evil3ye View Post
    Where? I dun see anything yet.
    I included the possible new roles in the first/opening post in a spoiler, right above all the avatars. Everybody should take a look at it to hopefully clear the confusion.

Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by digitaldude View Post
    You can vote today dude.....GO GO GO!
    I know...it's done...
    hope DL will vote too...

Last Breath 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member 3c's Avatar
    Country
    Norway
    Post Thanks / Like

Yorick used his ulti!!
    Don't. Be. A. Steph.

9. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

hope Yorick's right...

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つMOLLY༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member xi0's Avatar
    Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Farfalla View Post
    Sleepers lack active powers, and Evil adds updates to the game when he introduce something new (sometimes he doesn't do it right away, but when we have reason to believe that there's a new role in the game). I don't get why the descriptions what we already know that the game has can't be added...
    Restless Spirits don't have conventional active roles either. They can't do anything during the night or day, unless they're killed. Then they get a vote just like anyone else. They don't have killing power, they can't give new insight to the game other than what is offered in the thread. My guess is that they were added for the sake of balance.

No host is perfect. Evil changed the Mafia Detective role for the first time when I was Mafia the time before last. He didn't tell anyone beforehand either. We were thrown for a loop, but the change wasn't something I disagreed with either. I'm not really trying to compare hosts, all three are different people and I'm grateful for them giving up time out of their day to host. So don't get me wrong. I just don't believe turning the game on it's head or removing some of the conventionality everyone is supposedly used to is a bad thing. It offers something different, and it looks to be a trend since the Mentor role was introduced two games ago. New roles were talked about prior to the game, so it's no surprise that some were added. There aren't set rules, like you have to have a certain number of Regular Townies, or even have one at all...past games prove that. Some games have even lacked a Sane Detective or Sane Doctor.

That's all I'm going to say for now, so I'll shut up. But I just can't agree with the sentiment that the role distribution is set in stone or that it has to follow a certain blueprint. It's still Mafia, it just adds a new wrinkle to it and it doesn't bother me really. It might have been a bit too much all at once, I couldn't disagree with that.

12. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Why is anyone who's defending niichan is being accused of kissing his ass?

Besides, as a mod, why would I need to kiss his ass, especially it'd be pointless in the end anyway? The logic some of you use.

Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

It wasn't my intention to "defend" niichan. If that was the case, I defended DD as well when he was new to hosting. I don't think there's anything to defend. I just think people are giving critiques, and some of them I happen to disagree with, that's all.

MangaHelper 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! Farfalla's Avatar
    Country
    Wallis & Futuna
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by xi0 View Post
    Restless Spirits don't have conventional active roles either. They can't do anything during the night or day, unless they're killed. Then they get a vote just like anyone else. They don't have killing power, they can't give new insight to the game other than what is offered in the thread. My guess is that they were added for the sake of balance.

No host is perfect. Evil changed the Mafia Detective role for the first time when I was Mafia the time before last. He didn't tell anyone beforehand either. We were thrown for a loop, but the change wasn't something I disagreed with either. I'm not really trying to compare hosts, all three are different people and I'm grateful for them giving up time out of their day to host. So don't get me wrong. I just don't believe turning the game on it's head or removing some of the conventionality everyone is supposedly used to is a bad thing. It offers something different, and it looks to be a trend since the Mentor role was introduced two games ago. New roles were talked about prior to the game, so it's no surprise that some were added. There aren't set rules, like you have to have a certain number of Regular Townies, or even have one at all...past games prove that. Some games have even lacked a Sane Detective or Sane Doctor.

That's all I'm going to say for now, so I'll shut up. But I just can't agree with the sentiment that the role distribution is set in stone or that it has to follow a certain blueprint. It's still Mafia, it just adds a new wrinkle to it and it doesn't bother me really. It might have been a bit too much all at once, I couldn't disagree with that.
    My main problem was how people reacted to our critique (and it wasn't even Niichan!), even after Niichan asked us to wait for the game to end first, and so we did it. People just kept bringing it back, bashing as well, and that turned into a silly world war 3, LOL. You guys might disagree with the ones that criticized the game, but that's just our opinion. Niichan can check what we're saying and agree with it or not. I don't recall someone calling him a bad host, and yet you posted as if we did. I don't think he's doing a bad work, just to make it clear, and I really appreciate that he's hosting, since he's smart and have the time. The reality is that Niichan accepts critique better than some people here, lulz... Anyway, if people stop bringing this back, let's wait for the game to end indeed.

And here Milly is twisting things again XD I also don't recall anyone saying you're kissing his ass. You have your opinion just as we do.

Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, sorry if it came off that way, it wasn't my intention. It's not as if Evil and DD haven't received shit for some of their decisions. I have my own critique/thoughts, but I'm saving it for afterwards. Disagreement isn't anything new here, lol.

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by xi0 View Post
    It wasn't my intention to "defend" niichan. If that was the case, I defended DD as well when he was new to hosting. I don't think there's anything to defend. I just think people are giving critiques, and some of them I happen to disagree with, that's all.
    I'd defend anyone who was hosting and being attacked, though. At least, if they were being attacked in a rude way.

otherwise as long as it's nice and/or constructive, and not constant complaints, I don't care.

Quote Originally Posted by scav View Post
    i dont want to ruin all this butt kissing toward niichan
    ^^^

One person said it though, as far as I know.

Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

He was just being a smartass, it's scav

Thread Closed
Page 3 of 134 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 103 ... LastLast