Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 515 by kewl0210

View Poll Results: Best Moment of the Chapter

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • Rouge's explanation of the future

2 6.90%
  • Explanation on how the Gate works

1 3.45%
  • Future Lucy's Death

13 44.83%
  • Natsu crying and punching Rouge

13 44.83%
New Reply
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Fairy Tail 324 Discussion/ 325 Predictions

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member liductan's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Fairy Tail 324 Discussion/ 325 Predictions

That was an interesting chapter..Lucy dying is more surprising to me than sad. I can't really feel sadness but now the plot is even better..
    Last edited by liductan; March 22, 2013 at 01:32 PM.
    I have a black-belt in sarcasm, a degree in smartass and experienced in Bitch. Yep, I am damn ninja..

---you have been warned..

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Leonsagara's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The simplest answer to how Lucy could close the gates without knowing it is that she was possessed by the shadow spirit. If it was really the only defense against the dragons, she wouldn't have closed them otherwise. Another possibility is that the people from the future aren't fully informed about what opening the gates does. Maybe it releases the dragons or acts as some sort of beacon that summons them, so someone closes the gates to try to stop the invasion. The question of where all those dragons come from still hasn't been answered.

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member SerpentTailedAngel's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I thought we all agreed that the shadow was Rogue.

Well, overall I liked this. Mashima picked a good way to actually get a death impact and make it feel like someone beloved to the story was being lost without actually getting rid of any valuable characters. Rogue's full mission and motives were cool, and it looks like we're going to see lightning-fire Natsu next week so that's cool too. Just one issue: Wasn't all that craziness with the dragons and such not supposed to happen for one more day? Why are they opening the gate and risking Lucy ruining everything now?

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Lithuania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SerpentTailedAngel View Post
    I thought we all agreed that the shadow was Rogue.
    i wouldnt be so sure after this chapter. He looks like he genuinely wants to save the world, even if it ment killing someone. but looks like he only wants to kill Lucy, not anyone else. So i think that someone else slipped through time gates :/

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zasz's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

But I think that at this point the shadow isn't Rogue.
    It is impossible considering that Rogue came from the future in order to change the past.
    However I don't know what that shadow could be.
    Anyway I noticed that Rogue's tatoo, vaguely resembles the guild mark of Fairy Tail.
    But I could be wrong. XD

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Rogue is probably the bad guy here. He is probably trying to close the gate by killing Lucy.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MissSuicideSheep View Post
    I hope not, To be honest, If Rogue Defeats Natsu, and then Kills Lucy, This would be the best option imo, He would save the world, as well as killing a major character.
    This would be the worst option. Killing a major character is far from automatically a good think, and in most cases is actually a bad thing. Killing the female lead, who some argue is the main character, would be about the same as killing Natsu. It would totally screw up everything else in the series.

It's even worse in this case as you're calling for her to be killed not because it makes the most sense in the story, but because you want another character death. Yes, it's just because you want another character death, not because it makes the most sense in the story. Future Lucy did not stop use of the Eclipse. Present Lucy currently thinks it's a great idea. Future Rogue was surprised that Future Lucy hadn't stopped it. And Arcadios and Hisui already wonder if more than 2 people have come back from the future. The groundwork is well laid for someone other than Lucy to be responsible, and Rogue mistaken, or for very good reasons for not firing the Eclipse as a cannon to exist that Rogue is ignorant of. So the story is well oriented towards killing Lucy not solving anything.

Quote Quote:
    To be honest, this manga is too straight forward, so easily predictable. Loads of Adventures but under 2 rules.

1.Under any circumstance Against Any opponent, the probability of a Fairy Tail member losing is 0.003%.
    2.Under any circumstance Against Any opponent, the probability of a Fairy Tail member dying is 0.003%.

It's getting very boring, so predictable, I'd like one of the main characters to die, If it was lucy It would be great. I feel that She will close the door either way eventually. So killing her off would be good imo.

But that again, thats just my wish. ^_^
    Yes, so predictable that everyone totally called Future Rogue showing up last chapter. All the people saying he was evil were totally proven right when he revealed he was a good guy here to save the world from a bleak future by killing Lucy who to the best of his knowledge was responsible for it. And all those people that called a seven year time skip were totally right, as were the people that called Sting forfeiting without a fight. Oh, wait.

The bottom line is that the only things as predictable as people claim in this manga are that the good guys eventually win. The same can be said of the vast majority of series.

Quote Originally Posted by gotdott View Post
    That would make this manga so much more interesting but it's already too late for that. The fact that the target audience is 12 year olds pretty much locked it in from the start.
    No, that would do nothing to make the series interesting. It'd be killing off a main character simply for the sake of killing off a main character. Nothing would be gained by it, or made more interesting by it and we'd simply be down one main character.
    Last edited by ghostexiled; March 26, 2013 at 02:05 AM.

8. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Lithuania
    Post Thanks / Like

bah, people forget, that this Manga is for children. I see that on mangafox first chapter appeared in 2007. so if you read from the beggining - you are probably about 6 years older. it is a big difference between 12 and 18 years old. ofcourse you would want something more serious, as you do understand that world is not just good and filled with fluffy things. but the fact is, that the manga target group doesnt change... it is still ment for 12 year olds. So just sit down, open a chapter, and just enjoy reading it, as you used to do 5-6 years ago. Or if you want something to reflect the world - go read gantz.

back to topic. I just reread the chapter when Rogue was possesed by a shadow. When he got beat, just before leaving, he said "so this is current Rogue's power/limit"... If it was future rogue he would probably say something "so this was my power back then"... The shadow is something else, not Rogue. A third beeing from the future. It's hard to to tell how many there are actually. And can someone clarify - did Lucy and Rogue come from the same time? 7 years into the future? Or did they jump from different "timezones"? :/

10. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member exacta's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Krono View Post

Yes, so predictable that everyone totally called Future Rogue showing up last chapter. All the people saying he was evil were totally proven right when he revealed he was a good guy here to save the world from a bleak future by killing Lucy who to the best of his knowledge was responsible for it. And all those people that called a seven year time skip were totally right, as were the people that called Sting forfeiting without a fight. Oh, wait.

The bottom line is that the only things as predictable as people claim in this manga are that the good guys eventually win. The same can be said of the vast majority of series.
    Everyone knew Sting was going to give up, but the fact that we expected him to actually fight a bit first rather than break down in tears and kneel before FT....well let's just say not expecting that from Mashima is more of a compliment than unpredictable......Rogue being the one from the future is a bit of a twist, yes, and so was Mest being with the Council and not Grimoire Heart way back then, but Mashima isn't known for throwing a lot of big plot twists. Fairy Tail IS too predictable, much less so when it isn't focusing on fights though, that's when the twists usually happen, which is why I'm looking forward to this.

---------- Post added at 04:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:17 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by revas View Post
    bah, people forget, that this Manga is for children. I see that on mangafox first chapter appeared in 2007. so if you read from the beggining - you are probably about 6 years older. it is a big difference between 12 and 18 years old.
    When I was 12 I was too old for friendship power-ups.....way too old. And the anime I watched didn't really have that many of them.....I still read Fairy Tail and watch the anime though, it does have more mature content like blood and "fanservice". But the age argument annoys me, I mean if this stuff is really for kids then why is there a need to censor it? Even when stuff isn't censored in Japan, it is here.....kids in Japan are included in the targeted audience, however I live in America and they really try and tone things down here, much to my dismay. And the exception is when it is aired in such a way that it targets older people, like the Adult Swim on Cartoon Network. Besides, a 12 year old is about to become a teenager, a kid is like a 5 year old....and no I would not let a 5 year old watch or read Fairy Tail lol.
    Last edited by exacta; March 22, 2013 at 05:29 PM.

12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ifrit's Avatar
    Country
    Jordan
    Post Thanks / Like

OMG I almost cried when Lucy died...oh wait she didn't :P

As the story about to reveal it self.. all I could think of.... is.... Mashima's previous work Rave.
    Last edited by ghostexiled; March 26, 2013 at 02:08 AM.
    Dreyar Style

14. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member EMS's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Good chapter and I'm surprises to see Lucy died even future Lucy but rogue looked surprised that Lucy didn't know anything about closing the door but how rogue will know that Lucy actually close the door if present and future rogue were in the tournament and were not present in the event with 10,000 dragons..
    living in the darkness and now with a new light, i will raise to a new beginning...

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I believe Rogue is telling the truth...at less about the closing of the Eclipse Gate part. There r one of several possibilities...
    1) Lucy or Future Lucy is taken over...possibly by the Shadow that got Rogue in the tournament (Rogue had no idea of what happened when he was taken over)
    2) Future Lucy is the one that closes the gate in the present...assuming she's not dead, which somewhat explains Carla's premonition of Lucy crying (she was feeling remorse for what she did purposely or accidentally), also explaining how Future Lucy said she didn't close the gate, in the other time
    3) Lucy or Future Lucy wasn't the one that closed the gates...it could possibly b Yukino as she too is a stellar spirit mage in possession of 2 of the 12 keys (could have something to do with her sister, whom was supposedly taken by Zeref...yet to b explained) n she is currently "missing"
    4) Another Lucy came from the future lol...kinda far fetched

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member bighawke5's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by liductan View Post
    That was an interesting chapter..Lucy dying is more surprising to me than sad. I can't really feel sadness but now the plot is even better..
    same here, i dont see where all this sadness is coming from, i mean i dont hate lucy, but this manga and its general "light" tone makes it hard for me to take many of its "engaging moments" as serious as i would for other anime/manga..

May well have some hate coming my way for this, but ah well…

To me, this whole chapter felt rushed. And while I’m sure Future Lucy’s death was sad for some, I feel vindicated in my belief that she was, for better or worse, just a disposable plot device.

In fact, I’m hard pressed not to believe that the fact that it was Lucy herself that came from the future was a means to an end of having readers feel sorry for her inevitable demise.

Now, having said all that, don’t get me wrong. I like Lucy as a character. I really do, but I feel she got treated pretty poorly here.

I like Lucy as a main character as much as the next person, but that has to be one of the least emotional deaths I have ever seen. Fairy Tail has some good emotional scenes, but that definitely wasn’t one of them.
    Last edited by bighawke5; March 23, 2013 at 02:22 AM.

18. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Lectro Volpi's Avatar
    Country
    Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like

Lucy #2 died... Sooooo? If they fix everything the future changes too, there is a rule about that in time travel. They never got to know her actuall, think of her as a copy. Maybe I am being too pragmatic?

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

sad Future lucy died but we still don't know where the evil magic comes from. For all we know it could be possible that Lucy is still the source and though her right arm is missing it could be a shadow arm and a arm that creates and destroys magic. Future lucy may not even be completely dead a person who goes through a portal and not realize there being followed is weird plus this doesn't make any sense as Zeref though a villian has not done anything. Zeref and even acolgias (dragon king) have a past ancient connection to both Natsu and Lucy guaranteed. Also by page 5 as the white knight dude said there are other people who also have come and I wouldn't be surprised if the future natsu is around the place what would be truly cool is if a past natsu and past zeref arrive on the spot now that would lead to some eserious rumble and magic.

I mean it is possible though perhaps crazy to argue that perhaps natsu may have beena villian in his past life and might even be a villian in his future. He does have a bit of a villanous touch and zeref does suggest it as well.

New Reply
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast