Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/7/14 - 7/13/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 502 by kewl0210 , Bleach 588 (2)
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: HSDK Chapter 514 discussion/ 515 predictions

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Buggy's Avatar
    Country
    Andorra
    Post Thanks / Like

HSDK Chapter 514 discussion/ 515 predictions

It's out: http://www.mangareader.net/historys-...le-kenichi/514

A conclusion of some sort, but I have no idea what happened. Still waiting for the real conclusion.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BASED Shinigami's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: HSD Kenichi Spoiler Thread

So it's a draw?

---------- Post added at 01:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:30 PM ----------

Berserker doesn't seem that formidable. If it was Kano or Koukin fighting Kenichi, he would be dead right now for the lack of attention/focus he's paying to his own fight.

---------- Post added at 01:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:34 PM ----------

Kenichi is completely disrespecting Berserker right now.

---------- Post added at 01:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:36 PM ----------

Last thing. What a terrible chapter.
    My comic suggestions: Ecchi, Martial Arts, Historical, Harem, Adventure!

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I didn't think the chapter was that bad and finally the fight between rimi and miu is over. Whatever happened to freya though?

I think there is a page missing though, the transition between rimi landing on ryuto and her mouth exploding was too sudden.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    I didn't think the chapter was that bad and finally the fight between rimi and miu is over. Whatever happened to freya though?

I think there is a page missing though, the transition between rimi landing on ryuto and her mouth exploding was too sudden.
    It really was though, I don't why the author feels the need to keep reminding the readers why Rimi is ridiculously in love with a cripple. It's just the most stupidest one-sided romance I've ever seen.

The whole Rimi vs Miu rivalry is so underwhelming.

Yeah it was..btw was you able to follow the action in the second or third to last page? It was confusing for me..then again I was reading on my phone, and I have no intentions of reading that horrible chapter again

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Lectro Volpi's Avatar
    Country
    Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like

HSDK Chapter 514 discussion/ 515 predictions

Chapter is out:

http://www.mangareader.net/historys-...le-kenichi/514

Spoiler show

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I am not sure I understand what exactly happened to rimi and miu. At first I thought someone else beat the crap out of them but it does not seem to be the case. As for rimi, I got the impression she was going to attack ryuto but suddenly regained control over herself. I guess the author wanted to give ryuto a second of relieve thinking she was ok only to have her be seriously hurt. I guess the whole thing loses some impact with that missing page.

---------- Post added at 12:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:38 AM ----------

As for the one sided rivalry between miu and rimi and her one sided feelings for ryuto, I think the idea the author had was not wrong, it was just not written properly. Rimi in the end had no believable reason (for us readers anyways) to feel threatened by miu in regards to ryuto which ultimately makes the whole thing pointless. The whole thing could have been resolved if ryuto just said he wasn't in love with miu but I guess him being dead from the waist down would be enough of a reason for him to not really make a move on rimi.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Buggy's Avatar
    Country
    Andorra
    Post Thanks / Like

I am not sure I understand what exactly happened to rimi and miu. At first I thought someone else beat the crap out of them but it does not seem to be the case. As for rimi, I got the impression she was going to attack ryuto but suddenly regained control over herself. I guess the author wanted to give ryuto a second of relieve thinking she was ok only to have her be seriously hurt. I guess the whole thing loses some impact with that missing page.
    Exactly what I was thinking. Rimi was falling away from Ryuto and then suddenly right into his lap. The force of blows was directed awkwardly, with Miu being to the left of Rimi, instead of directly opposite of her. I really thought for one second that Elder jumped in and pushed them both back.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Anyone think Rimi is going to die here?

Country
    Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BASED Shinigami View Post
    Berserker doesn't seem that formidable. If it was Kano or Koukin fighting Kenichi, he would be dead right now for the lack of attention/focus he's paying to his own fight.

---------- Post added at 01:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:34 PM ----------

Kenichi is completely disrespecting Berserker right now.
    You are right. Kenichi is looking at Miu, his twitter, Facebook, and The Amazing Atheist while fighting Berserker. Where is the faith Kenichi-kun!?

I too, am confused at the last clash.
    Last edited by Lectro Volpi; March 16, 2013 at 11:21 PM.

10. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: HSDK Chapter 514 discussion/ 515 predictions

Well, to be completely fair miu is kinda the love of kenichi's life or something of the sort. Even if he is being disrespecful to berserker, why would he give a damn? It makes sense his primary concern is miu and his secondary concern is whatever feeling berserker might have that could get hurt. More so, kenichi does not have the same martial arts pride most of the people there do. He does not look for fights or even sparring matches and even when he does he does not have the decency to fight seriously. Kenichi lacks the pride and tenacity even average martial artists show at large. He even interrupted the fight between takeda and lugh saving takeda's ass.... He might have gotten away with pretty words at the time but the truth of the matter is that he interrefered in a fight where both opponents were staking their pride and lives on battle (for no good reason but what battle we have seen in the manga has at its core a good reason to be there?).

12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, to be completely fair miu is kinda the love of kenichi's life or something of the sort. Even if he is being disrespecful to berserker, why would he give a damn? It makes sense his primary concern is miu and his secondary concern is whatever feeling berserker might have that could get hurt. More so, kenichi does not have the same martial arts pride most of the people there do. He does not look for fights or even sparring matches and even when he does he does not have the decency to fight seriously. Kenichi lacks the pride and tenacity even average martial artists show at large. He even interrupted the fight between takeda and lugh saving takeda's ass.... He might have gotten away with pretty words at the time but the truth of the matter is that he interrefered in a fight where both opponents were staking their pride and lives on battle (for no good reason but what battle we have seen in the manga has at its core a good reason to be there?).
    We are making fun of it, don't ruin it.

14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, I suppose that type of behavior is to be expected by Kenichi by now. Whenever Miu enters the equation Kenichi's life has always been a secondary concern to him. However, Berserker should be barking mad right now because his opponent isn't taking this seriously at all. It's a life or death battle and Kenichi isn't going all out nor is he paying attention to Berserker. I'm inclined to think Berserker is not that strong because he hasn't been fully able to dominate a halfhearted Kenichi or he simply recognizes his opponent is distracted by feelings of concern for another(Miu) so he isn't going all out either. Anyway, the fight between Miu and Rimi is over, so the real fight between Kenichi and Berserker is about to begin.

---------- Post added at 09:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:19 AM ----------

Another interesting point I want to bring up is their fight really a draw? Looking back Agaard initially only conceded that his fight with Apachai was a draw because he was under the impression he killed Apachai in their last engagement. However, that wasn't the case because Apachai miraculously survived, and we know Miu will definitely not die here either. The wounds she received are definitely not fatal. Despite the fact both fighters are down right now meaning it should be a draw, can this fight still be considered Rimi's loss because she failed to kill her opponent seeing as she's a believer in the killing fist?

---------- Post added at 09:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:39 AM ----------

Also, brings up the notion that Rimi has essentially destroyed her own body by using that technique only to achieve a draw with Miu!? Or a loss whatever way you look at it. Anyway, I guess we got another cripple on our hands lol
    Last edited by BASED Shinigami; March 17, 2013 at 09:47 AM.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Mr Untouchable's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

If Rimi died that would be a interesting development no doubt

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member world is wide's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Seidou on top of Miu trying to deal damage just short of death ... Rimi is going to take a long time to recover from this one. Her and Ryuuto can bond over being crippled.

Really taking the winds out of the Kenichi/Berserker fight unless Berserker was not being serious either. Kenichi takes a while to go full power because of his kindness, but Berserker would act the same to make sure the fight is good. The "loves to pick fights but only with strong people" mentality you see so often in manga (thinking of Minoru from KSKM).

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

^Well, if the two of them end up dead from the waist down it will definitely serve to strenthen their emotional bonds.... as no other sort of bond could ever be achieved.

19. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast