Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/14/14 - 7/20/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi , Bleach 588 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: The Scary Stories Thread! ~* Anything... creepy, goes here >) *~

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member amar_kun's Avatar
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Scary Stories Thread! ~* Anything... creepy, goes here >) *~

oh.. you lived in a dorm? when was it? is it during your secondary school or during university? do you got any ghost there?? people said there are lots of ghost at the girl's dormitory...

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Azurel's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

ohhhh now that you mention it.. i just remembered.. the dorm I was talkin abt is this long house dormitory with 4 rooms and a common corridor and i don't live in a dorm.

it was abt last year, me and some friends went on a trip organized by the school to Kuala Tahan to stay at the isolated dorm of the resort there. we went to hike at Taman Negara, crawl around in some caves, river rafting the usual outdoor nature stuff.

on the first night, there were 4 girls including me in the room, and there were 4 bunk beds (there were suppose to be 4 other girls but they crash with their friends in the other rooms) initially, I was thinking of sleeping at the top because there was 8 of us but after climbing up and realized that it's really unstable and every move i make since to shake both the top and bottom bunk so all of us took the bottom bed.

we were playing cards at first but we were soon tired and wanted to sleep. the other ppl were still awake and making noises and as it grew late, they gradually grew quiet.. I was finding it hard to sleep because of the noises, so I have been tossing and turning. when it was finally quiet and I tot I fall asleep but some of them started running around in the corridor and slamming the door shut so many times it almost drives me nuts.

it grew silent again but then I heard loud heavy footsteps again and i was tempted to go out and scream at them to stop acting like kids. but as I listen harder, the sound didn't seem to becoming from outside. it went on for a long time and i realize the sound was actually inside the room, in the middle of it to be exact. i turned around to face the room but i didn't really see anything though it was dark. the footsteps were different from the previous ones, when they were running outside, it sounded light and has that skidding sound. but this footsteps were heavy and went boom, boom, boom. plus, it sounded like it was coming from above. which is really weird because the dormitory is a single storey meaning there should be nothing up there but the roof.

it was 3am and i was still awake because of the noises so in the end, i decided to plug in my mp3 and fall asleep soon after. the next day, i asked my friends if they heard any strange noises. they told me they were actually awake but didn't dare to say anything (i tot they had all fallen asleep) and they agreed that the were sounds of footsteps coming from somewhere in the middle of the room. (the bunk beds were at each corner of the room)
    Last edited by Azurel; May 07, 2007 at 10:55 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member amar_kun's Avatar
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

owh man.. that must be very frightening.. footsteps in the room but nothing to see..

i've never been into deep forest like 'taman negara' before.. all i've been were just recrational park which is for tourist and campers.. since there's too many people, the ghost was afraid and decided to find quieter place, like "taman negara"

(taman negara means national park. malaysian's taman negara is the oldest rainforest in the world.. )

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member duchess of dork's Avatar
    inside your forebrain, curled up like a baby
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

why is this thread inactive???i think this is a very good thread. i trust everyone has something scary to tell..

mine happened at times during the span of my work as part time sales clerk/trainee at a chemical distributing corporation while studying.

the main building where i was assigned has its entire 2nd floor serving as a stock area, and the only functional toilet for employees is located at the 3rd floor. the elevator is only used to transfer stocks to and from the ground floor, and one has no choice but to use the stairs, which more than often, causes us to pause from climbing midway out of exhaustion.

one particular day, i rushed upstairs on an urge to pass water, and as i climb upstairs passing nearby the dingy entrance to the stock area, i thought i heard a little girl's giggle and told my seniors about it. my seniors looked at one another silently.

weeks before that happened, the secretary asked me if i slammed the door to the office after handing over some documents. i denied it since i wasnt near enough to even touch it; i used the teller's window to hand those documents in. everyone of the employees heard it except me..

how is this eerie?this corporation, officially a 'group of companies,' was a limited partnership merger of a prominent chinese clan'scompanies, after this clan's most distinguished couple and one of their kids was murdered in their own home more than 3 years ago. this particular building was solely this murdered couple's property, where they frequent, but since the merger, this was occupied by the administrator judicially challenged by the murdered couple's biological firstborn. the administrator is accused of involvement in the murder case. Malice, murder and haunted-- theyre creepier irl than in movies, trust me.

Spoiler show
    Last edited by duchess of dork; November 27, 2009 at 10:41 AM.
    Nana: shoujo or josei? read and prove..

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner tivaro27's Avatar
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

While still in college, I lived in a dorm. Actually, this story is not my experience but my roommate who experience it. And this was his story:
    My friend Hamdi very timid, so often disturb the same in the other dorm friends. So one day Irsan (friend of my dorm one, too), wants to disrupt the Hamdi by pretending to be "pocong" (a kind of ghost in my place). so that night he stood on the landing (I and Hamdi was in the dorm level 2), Hamdi at night often come downstairs to pee (toilets in the basement). so when he fall down to basement he see Irsan who disguised as "pocong" and he suddenly shouted very loudly and ran back into the room, after Hamdi run, Irsan laughed and looked up, At there he saw something horrible and he ran after Hamdi. The next day they were pale and frightened, strangely at that night we were all unconscious. so what exactly are they viewed?

MH's Most Friendly Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity destiny4ever's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

This thread reminds me of a TV show I used to watch when I was younger. The show was called “Are you Afraid of The Dark?” It was a show based on a group of kids called "The Midnight Society". Members meet in a location in the woods and take turns telling their own spooky tales. "

"We're called The Midnight Society. Seperately, we're very different. We like different things, we go to different schools, and we have different friends. But one thing draws us together: the dark! Each day, we gather around this fire to share our fears and our strange and scary tales. It's what got us together, and it's what keeps bringing us back. This is a warning to all who join us: you're going to leave the comfort of the light and step into the world of the supernatural."

Here’s a true story told by someone named Alicia, I found it on a site and I was pretty spooked after I read it.

Quote Quote:
    My friend and I were babysitting and we started getting spooked, so we put the two kids to bed and started watching TV. I got up to get a drink and noticed that there was a thing that looked like a clown sitting in the dining room chair. I told my friend and we called the owner of the house. What she told us scared the heck out of us! She said to get out of the house IMMEDIATELY. When we asked why, she told us that her neighbor was a deranged midget and sometimes he would dress up like a clown and break into their house. He has threatened them before but they thought he was just kidding. We got the kids and called the police. Everybody is safe and he is now in a mental institution. We later gave up our babysitting job…
    I’m not very fond of clowns and after reading that story…well, let’s just say I won't be warming up to clowns any time soon.
    Thank you so much for my cute avy GenjiChan!

7. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Crude's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

The Ghost Stories Thread - Scaredy Cats Beware!

I've been meaning to create this thread for a while, but somehow I keep forgetting to. Anyway, this is thread in which we can all share ghost stories, be them about actual ghosts or just plain old creepy and disturbing tales (creepypastas are welcome too!). I may be a scaredy cat when it comes to playing horror games such as Silent Hill and the like (I mean even RE4 is pretty damn creepy), I do love me a good ghost story. A lot of the time I find myself unfazed by horror films, finding written and oral tales a whole lot creepier. So yeah, here we can share some of the scariest stories we know (or perhaps that have actually happened to us *shudder*).

I'll start with one with one which I've heard a lot of people tell, in fact it even pops in JoJo's Bizarre Adventure of all things (as part of Part 4's plot actually). A lot of you have probably heard it already but here it goes:

The Licked Hand
    Spoiler show

There are many variations of this tale, but the one above is the version I've heard the most. I wonder about the origins of this story, I mean for a long time I though it was a regional or national story but apparently it's told world wide. Here's the wikipedia article about it by the way.

Here's another that's pretty popular. This story was actually in my English textbook and we did a reading of it in class one time. The version in my textbook was set somewhere in Asia, and after doing some research it seems that this is a local Singaporean ghost story. The variant here isn't exactly the one I first heard but here it is:

The Taxi Driver
    Spoiler show

Now it's you guys' turn to share. If anyone has any creepy stories about Black Dogs in particular, I would love to read one. I've always found that particular ghost to be immensely creepy

MH's Most Beautiful Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Naomidee's Avatar
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Ghost Stories Thread - Scaredy Cats Beware!

This is true and happened to me personally. It's not the same as the scary stories told by CrudeCross, but it definitely has a creep factor to it.

When I was 17 (may have been 18?) and very bored with the usual Friday night partying, I decided to do something a little different with my friends. There was a rumor that a nearby railroad track, called the Mary Town Tracks, was haunted by some children that died there many years ago. It was a favorite suburban legend for the high schoolers to claim that if you go out to the deserted tracks after dark, put some baby powder on your back windshield, and stall on the tracks that the ghosts of the dead children would place their hands on the back window and you could see their hand prints in the white powder.

I told my friends that we should try it to prove that the rumors were all stupid and fake, and some of them agreed that it was an interesting idea. So Friday night, we poured the powder on the back window of my friend's car and stayed on the Mary Town Tracks at midnight. After a few very tense minutes, nothing happened. So we decided it was a all a myth and started to back out to leave.

Unfortunately, my friend Azia, the driver, backed into a ditch and couldn't pull out. We were stuck in the middle of no where in the middle of the night. A few guys and I got out into the swampy water ditch and tried pushing with everything we had while Azia revved the gas to try and get out. After making no progress, we all got out and waited for someone to pass.

Eventually, a man driving a pick-up truck saw us and came back with a rope and pulled up out of the ditch. We thanked him and then left to go back into town.

But after the man left, I turned and looked at the back window of the car, horrified. "You guys? There are hand prints on the window..." Some were clear, some were dragging down through the powder. Of course, we all knew that they were OUR hand marks from when we were trying to push the car out...

Or were they?

Creepyyyyyyyy! XD

Needless to say the first thing we did was go straight to the car wash station and rinse that shit off.

The end!

10. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Halfway 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Everyone - has heard about bad luck associated with seeing a black cat, I'm sure.
    I see one or two once in a while and I can't help but think of that superstition.
    Happens all the time when I see one, although its not something I believe or adhere to . ^_^

12. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Adorien's Avatar
    Country
    Bulgaria
    Post Thanks / Like

We have this equivalent of the Bloody Mary story, I'm not sure if it's ours though. It's just really popularyand it sounds like the Bloody Mary story. You gather with people in a circle, hold hands, close your eyes and start calling for the Queen of Spades. You also have to draw a red circle on a mirror, in a dark room, and the person there has to be alone. You then proceed calling for the Queen of Spades. Supposedly, she comes out of the mirror and takes your head off. Of course it varies, but that's the basic idea.

There were many stories like that from my childhood, like the blood stain that appears on the wall, indicating that you will die soon, and some stories that were made up by the kids or their parents. I never believed in those though. xD

14. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity TheMoa's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

I really don't believe this kind of thing, I think it's always the mind playing tricks on people
    That being said, I have my own story

When I was 16 I had this basketball trip and my team would be playing in another town the whole weekend. We were sleeping in the school where the tournement was being held. A friend of mine had family in town, so after friday's game we decided to sneak out and he called his cousin to pick us up.
    We went to his family country house where a soft party was going, nothing too crazy since his cousins parents lived there. He and his family lived on the main house but after the party, around 1 am, we were returning some stuff to the pool house. The pool house was very big itself, with 2 floors, but it was always locked up because the main house was even bigger and there was no need to use both houses.
    The trick is, a old caretaker used to live there, but he died 3 years before from a blood clot or something like that.
    So I was taking a piss in the bathroom when I heard a BANG, a broken glass noise and screams coming after. I ran at the screams direction and 3 of my teammates were veeery pale, they were screaming like madmen and running off the house. One of the guys swear that he saw the old caretaker, he was with a small cut on his arm, the other 2 said that they felt something strange. They said that the caretaker hit the window, broke the window and showed up behind them

O obviously went to the room with this guy cousin to see what happened. The window was opened and the mirror was broken on the floor. But when I looked at it, the window lock was defective and there was a old shirt hanging on a coat hanger on the corner of the room. Off course the wind opened the window that had a malfunctioning lock, the window hit the mirror and one of the guys saw the shadow of the shirt and got scared shitless and screamed, the others followed. The sidebar of the door had a little edgy point and one of them got cut while running.
    I tried to explain everything to them but they weren't having none of it, they were really scared and didn't sleep a thing that night. On the saturday's games they played like shit, that was really hard to win both games. Even today 2 of them swear that something was wrong in that room that day, while the other agree that he just got scared.

It really happened and for me it only proves that scared people can see strange things.
    I hope that the story is understandable... I wrote it but lost everything when I hit f5 by accident, then I wrote everything again in a hurry.

16. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6