Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/14/14 - 7/20/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 by cnet128 , Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Bleach: Tite Kubo In Germany 2013

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member im over hyped's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bleach: Tite Kubo In Germany 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Hakuteiken View Post
    For the record, I have always considered As Nodt as a male character and Shutara as a female. I don't know why.

Well, asking about why Unohana turned out to be this way won't get the fans to anywhere, so, I can see the point in not bothering. Besides, when her fate is still yet to be seen, I don't think Kubo would reveal it in an interview, either.
    he doesn't have to talk about her fate, but why go that route when there are better alternatives. i can go further and ask why he made the captains dumb and incompetent during the war, but then again manga is money/fan/editor driven so drama is made at the cost of trashing characters while increasing sales. well, as an adult maybe i think and use logic too much being that bleach is a shounen.
    I used to be a great female character, but then i took a sword to the chest twice by a imbecile .

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member eefrit's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by im over hyped View Post
    he doesn't have to talk about her fate, but why go that route when there are better alternatives. i can go further and ask why he made the captains dumb and incompetent during the war, but then again manga is money/fan/editor driven so drama is made at the cost of trashing characters while increasing sales. well, as an adult maybe i think and use logic too much being that bleach is a shounen.
    As harsh as I was during that mini-arc and as much as I didn't like it, I agree with Hakuteiken that being a bit aggressive with it isn't the way. A simple question would do. For example:

Why did you decide to go that specific route with Unohana's character? Was it always planned?
    There were some who weren't happy with the revelation. How do you feel about them? Do you think you kept Unohana in the dark a bit too much?

These questions would get a straight answer and would allow Kubo to elaborate without having to spoil any future plans.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member SoulAuron's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by raikwolf View Post
    Well I never perceived "Äs Nödt" as a female, so no surprise for me there, but if Shutara is a man...
    PD: thanks for posting this interview!!
    ...French... I keep thinking about that... maybe this arc won't be the last if he finds out how to use french XD
    she cant be a man, there are too many male RG already.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner pirateaddict's Avatar
    Country
    England
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    Jo Kaps: "You introduced Kugo Ginjo as the first Substitue Shinigami. Why having him as the first one, and not Ichigo?"

Kubo: "The way of turning a human into a Substitute Shinigami had to been known at the point Rukia turned Ichigo into one. How would she have known of the whole procedure, if she was the first person to ever turn somebody into a Substitute Shinigami?"
    Interesting question and answer. A more interesting question would have been why he had the fullbringer storyline at all, I doubt people questioned the technique that Rukia used and would just assume that it's something taught to all soul reapers. Perhaps he just needed a storyline that connects to the current chapters and backstory of Ichigo's powers and heritage.

Many thanks for posting this interview, nice to get some new comments and answers from Kubo.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

It's not like the ratio of male:female shinigami was any different, so a 4:1 one wouldn't be off. I would like "her" to keep being female though.

Quote Originally Posted by pirateaddict View Post
    Interesting question and answer. A more interesting question would have been why he had the fullbringer storyline at all, I doubt people questioned the technique that Rukia used and would just assume that it's something taught to all soul reapers. Perhaps he just needed a storyline that connects to the current chapters and backstory of Ichigo's powers and heritage.
    We still don't know anything about Ganju and his troup of fullbring, nor if fullbring will be of any help for him becoming a quincy. We do know though, that his Fullbring had changed his whole power level, and had Ichigo growing with it. Plus it finally gave us the reason for Orihime's and Chad's powers.
    Last edited by Schabrak; March 19, 2013 at 01:48 PM.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member NoOneInParticular's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Also, I'd been wondering if Kubo was ever going to use French in the manga. We've already had Spanish, German and English. I wonder how he could work French in. Who would use it? Though it sounds unlikely to ever happen, it's just a thought I once had.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I surely hope nobody will ever speak french in Bleach, not because I hate my neighboring country, but because he damn sure said that this will be the final arc with around five years[fan estimate] for it all to play out. It would mean he didn't plan it all out and could potentially lead to some idiotic extra. Or the Soul King will have a french name, that I could live with. hehe
    Last edited by Schabrak; March 19, 2013 at 02:08 PM.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Schabrak View Post
    because he damn sure said that this will be the final arc with around five years[nearly one less] e
    Nope, he said at least another 10 years, so bring on the French!

...Yeah, I don't where he'd fit that in either. I guess another species might be coming into play if he does this. The Soul King would be a good start.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

That's what he said in '10 and he still said that this will be the last arc if we can trust his own words. Here is the info thread:The Thousand-Year Blood War - Final Arc

But just as much as he would like to add so many other stuff, I see a similaritiy to Kishimoto's famous "Kakashi arc", namely that all those will not be realized.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Damn, those 2 years went by fast. I'm pretty sure it is the last arc though, I mean, what else is there for BLEACH? Is he going to roll the rest of Zombie Powder into it, if he hadn't done so already?

Ah yes, the supposed year of Kakashi and Sakura. Good times. Good times.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member DraMas26's Avatar
    Country
    Albania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by eefrit View Post
    As harsh as I was during that mini-arc and as much as I didn't like it, I agree with Hakuteiken that being a bit aggressive with it isn't the way. A simple question would do. For example:

Why did you decide to go that specific route with Unohana's character? Was it always planned?
    There were some who weren't happy with the revelation. How do you feel about them? Do you think you kept Unohana in the dark a bit too much?

These questions would get a straight answer and would allow Kubo to elaborate without having to spoil any future plans.
    I think those Unohana chapters aren't out in Germany yet so if they asked him that they would basically be saying 'I pirate Bleach'

That's probably why they asked general questions instead.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, you're right, I was just giving an example of a question phrased in a non-aggressive way. im over hyped was the one who wondered why no one asked about it.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Ryuzaki L's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by im over hyped View Post
    i want to see the faces of the people who thought nodt was female, because im pretty sure they flaped to him XD like the naruto fans did to haku XD.

why no one asked why he turned retsu into a disposable tool and ken into a SSJ1000? its like with the video game forums/ developer Q&A's, the fans want the dumbest questions asked and not the serious ones. even if the serious question is asked they will troll you/ get no answer.
    I never thought Haku was a dude, and same goes for Äs Nödt.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

You can just as well import WSJ, so no problem with being a pirate or not, only being hardcore fan.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member -Ken-'s Avatar
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

Ichimaru.... No.... Ah, this sucks. I always thought he would return.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

New Reply
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast