Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/15/14 - 9/21/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2)
New Reply
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Bleach: Tite Kubo In Germany 2013

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bleach: Tite Kubo In Germany 2013

Quote Quote:
    Did I seriously just read a post saying Aizen has nothing to do with the story of Bleach? Your trolling.......right? Surely you know that Aizen isn't even one of the top 10 popular characters....right?
    Actualy he is. One old panel of Aizen was enough for a chapter to be ranked in top5 in TOC. At the time of the last popularity poll he wasnt a fan fav, but he is now in the top 5 for sure.
    However yeah Aizen alone isnt enough to sell more volumes, at leasnt not much more.
    He surelly is important to the story however its actualy geting boring. I mean... all flashbacks are about Aizen and Hollowfication. Kaien's and Rukia's, Isshin's and Masaki's, Urahara shop and the Visoreds. The same thing all over again surely wont help Kubo sell more volumes.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Sanadan's Avatar
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

The entire point has been stated already and that is that the story sells the manga. They could have have aizen sneaking around in back alleys in the full bringer arc and it would still not be popular enough to raise volume sales. The story was just not intriguing enough. There just is no way that aizen currently is carrying bleach.
    If anything is a indicator you can look at this board. People are more interested in shutara at the moment, and Ken and pretty much everyone involved.
    Anyho, yeah I agree that kubo should drop the conspiracy flash backs. But he might surprise us with a huge twist once again and with this arc he has earned my trust in a big way.
    Meh

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member DraMas26's Avatar
    Country
    Albania
    Post Thanks / Like

Don't know why you guys are using an out of date popularity poll.

When it was conducted (around Chapter 300 or so) FKT hadn't even begun. I don't think TBTP even happene as well. We barely knew a thing about Aizen by then. FKT and Deicide was when he finally got some character development. Momo, Hitsugaya and Kira got theirs in the SS arc.

We don't really have any information on how popular Aizen really is due to the last poll being conducted 200+ chapters ago but if I were to guess I'd say he's pretty popular. He was in the Top 25 despite the fact he was barely featured + Bleach's TOC rank rose just when he was mentioned.

Obviously he's not the only reason the manga sells but I think he does help.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member NoOneInParticular's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ReiWen View Post
    Actualy he is. One old panel of Aizen was enough for a chapter to be ranked in top5 in TOC. At the time of the last popularity poll he wasnt a fan fav, but he is now in the top 5 for sure.
    However yeah Aizen alone isnt enough to sell more volumes, at leasnt not much more.
    He surelly is important to the story however its actualy geting boring. I mean... all flashbacks are about Aizen and Hollowfication. Kaien's and Rukia's, Isshin's and Masaki's, Urahara shop and the Visoreds. The same thing all over again surely wont help Kubo sell more volumes.
    Well, I'll agree with the people saying Aizen isn't just here to boost popularity and no one reads the manga just for him because that would be silly. But I see what you're saying. I myself am a bit of an Aizen fan, but I hope he isn't going to steal away the spotlight from other characters, because I'm definitely very interested in Juha Bach (I refuse to spell it Yhwach, lol) and the Quincy.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member exacta's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ReiWen View Post
    I doubt it. If your talking about the chapter I think you are, then I'm pretty sure what got that chapter ranked so high was Juha Bach being a boss and slicing Yamamoto in half.....not an old panel of Aizen. The former kind of overshadows the latter. I love Aizen myself, but if you weren't a fan after SS arc, I don't see why you would be later in the story. That will always be his greatest troll, unless he ends up doing something nuts this arc.
    Last edited by exacta; March 23, 2013 at 10:17 AM.

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member FetherMan's Avatar
    Country
    South Africa
    Post Thanks / Like

@exacta. it's pointless to try and explain anything to the Aizen-fanatics. Fact is, everyone just wants Aizen to come back, instead of moving on to "new" stuff in the series and because Kubo is going to give into this bullsh*t, the series will suffer more than it already has. It wouldn't surprise me if, Juha Bach last a few volumes worth of chapters and gets killed off, because he wasn't like Aizen or something.

I'm with you though. Yamamoto getting defeated by Bach was epic and probably the best moment in Bleach, since Ichigo's Bankai debut. And even that was okay.

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member eefrit's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Kubo Interview: Gin, Grimmjow, Aizen, Ginjo and much more (SPOILERS)

I do believe this has been posted here already.

Yeah, right here.

http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showth...n-Germany-2013

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BaddAzzKenpachi74's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Yea this is pretty old not to mention as eefrit pointed out it has been posted before.

When I read the thread title i was hoping for a more recent interview.

Live for battle, enjoy every minute, death is the price u pay for a good battle, live to kill, no fear.
    by Kenpachi Zaraki
    . ("Discuss This" http://discussthis.freeforums.org/index.php

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Lee.J.Baxter's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

One thing that stuck out for me is that Aizen is necessary for the plot, so he's not just there for fandom; the question is, why?
    Predictions
    • Just as Quincies are evolved beings born from Humans, Shinigami are evolved beings born from Hollows.
    • Once Yhwach dies, Ichigo's Quincy powers will disappear and his soul will become unstable, causing the onset of Soul Suicide.
    • Yhwach isn't going to be the final antagonist.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Hakuteiken's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the heads up, merged the threads and deleted the reposted content.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Sky Render's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

My bad.

New Reply
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4