Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/7/14 - 7/13/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 502 by kewl0210 , Bleach 588 (2)
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: when quincys die, do they go to the SS or just vanished (gone for good)?

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member kisuke u.'s Avatar
    Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

when quincys die, do they go to the SS or just vanished (gone for good)?

When quincys die, do they go to the SS or become reishi (gone for good)?

Quincys are human so when the die they should go to the SS. Most of the quincys were killed by the SR. That means their souls didn’t even need the performance of konso and should automatically port to the SS. But why it is that we saw no quincy there? Is it that Bach has recruited them?
    Why Bach finished royd himself? Is it that he wanted to make sure that he doesn’t remain in the SS as a soul otherwise SR will get the info about vandernic from him?
    what vandernic really is? [Is that the place where quincy souls go?]

So what your thoughts on it?

we all have our journeys to make.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member DarkBankai's Avatar
    Country
    United Nations
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: when quincys die, do they go to the SS or just vanished (gone for good)?

when a quincy dies normally? old age... or like in battle,,, they become a spirit with a chain of fate that is severed. ichigo is powerful, and he had a chain of fate, so Im thinking quincies do to.

now, if they dont get a soul burial, they might find their way to SS.
    but spirits in SS dont have chains of fate. so something happens between being dead in the human world and having the chain sticking out of your chest, and arriving in SS.

Now a quincy, few of them as there are, can get a soul burial, and end up in SS.
    but wouldnt they be reduced in power at first, until after a while they absorbed enough reishi to restore quincy powers. at which time they would likely pick a fight with the Shinigami, and end up getting killed in SS- and once that happens, you would end up getting your soul scattered, and basically you become nothing. but your energy would get absorbed into SS possibly reborn into the world, part of you in a thousand creatures being born. but no longer you.

at least thats my opinion.

Be proud, that after receiving my blade you still retain the shape of a human.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Haddrell's Avatar
    Country
    England
    Post Thanks / Like

Quincies are human and therefore they die like a human being. But I also have noticed that Quincies don`t show up in the Soul Society after death. There are no Shinigami with Quincy characteristics.

To me this means that Quincy spirits as a rule don`t enter the Soul Society. I think it is possible that Quincy spirits are automatically filtered out and that there is a barrier they are not allowed to pass. It makes sense. It is not in the interest of the Shinigami to allow a Quincy soul to be reborn. To them they are a dangerous anomaly. They are at war with them. They also aren`t interested to permit Quincies to come in, be it at worst as enemies and at best as a rival group.

The more Bleach goes on I have a strong suspicion that the Shinigami are afraid of Quincies although they would never admit it. They are afraid of the potential they have. The genocide of the Quincies probably had to do with this as well, the logic was to kill them before they can become too powerful for the liking of the Spirit King and other members of the Royal Realm.

My guess is that most Quincy souls turn into Hollows themselves or are eventually eaten by a Hollow. Some might find a way to enter Hueco Mundo before that happens or the Shadow Realm where the Quincies are right now.
    A bond that transcends their feelings and lies; the willingness to put aside differences for the other's safety; an undying respect and caring for each other. Black and White; Yin and Yang; Shinigami and Quincy.
    Kurosaki Ichigo and Ishida Uryu

By Saiyan5ninetail

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member conn-man's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I have thought since the beginning that the Quincy that make up the Vanderich are all in soul form. Unlike the Ishidas who are obviously mortal.

I'm most curious about this 'Shatten Berich' that has been mentioned. The shadow world as I'll call it that the Vanderich are inhabiting. It allows for speedy transport but also seems to hinder them by giving them a time limit for how long they can stay out of it.

Maybe this is were the Quincy go when they die. So...did SS know about this place all along? Or did they think the Quincy were gone for good after death? Its all very unknown for now.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Haddrell's Avatar
    Country
    England
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, there is so much we don`t know! I hope we will eventually get some more answers.

Schatten Bereich means Shadow Realm. (Tite Kubo`s German is even accurate this time).

I am not sure if it is correct that the Vandenreich Quincies are all spirit beings. One of the flashbacks has shown that Quincies are born there as well.

http://www.mangapanda.com/bleach/510/3

I remember that there are exceptions in the Soul Society, that a few Shinigami are born there to Shinigami parents but that is very rare. Maybe these twins were such an exception but I think it is also possible that there are physical and spirit Quincies living in the Shadow Realm.
    A bond that transcends their feelings and lies; the willingness to put aside differences for the other's safety; an undying respect and caring for each other. Black and White; Yin and Yang; Shinigami and Quincy.
    Kurosaki Ichigo and Ishida Uryu

By Saiyan5ninetail

6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Lee.J.Baxter's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

I've theorized this in my Soul Life Cycle theory. I believe the answer is quite simple; if a being is slaughtered by a Quincy, it completely destroys it, turning it back into spirit particles. In accordance to my theory, Quincy are Human/Soul King hybrids (which is why they have the ability to manipulate spirit particles as living beings), but beyond that their life cycle is the same as an ordinary Human's.

As for the Shadow Realm; this may simply be a dimension that allows a living being to live longer somehow (possibly by slowing down the aging process). When they step outside the Shadow Realm for an extended period of time, it might be that their aging "catches up".

---------- Post added at 04:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:09 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by DarkBankai View Post
    when a quincy dies normally? old age... or like in battle,,, they become a spirit with a chain of fate that is severed. ichigo is powerful, and he had a chain of fate, so Im thinking quincies do to.

now, if they dont get a soul burial, they might find their way to SS.
    but spirits in SS dont have chains of fate. so something happens between being dead in the human world and having the chain sticking out of your chest, and arriving in SS.

Now a quincy, few of them as there are, can get a soul burial, and end up in SS.
    but wouldnt they be reduced in power at first, until after a while they absorbed enough reishi to restore quincy powers. at which time they would likely pick a fight with the Shinigami, and end up getting killed in SS- and once that happens, you would end up getting your soul scattered, and basically you become nothing. but your energy would get absorbed into SS possibly reborn into the world, part of you in a thousand creatures being born. but no longer you.

at least thats my opinion.
    IMO, the purification process does 3 things;
    • It removes the chain of fate, removing the Plus' ties to the world of the Living.
    • In doing the above, it almost completely eliminates the risk of the Plus deteriorating (by falling into despair) and becoming a Hollow.
    • It transports the Plus to the Soul Society.
    Predictions
    • Just as Quincies are evolved beings born from Humans, Shinigami are evolved beings born from Hollows.
    • Once Yhwach dies, Ichigo's Quincy powers will disappear and his soul will become unstable, causing the onset of Soul Suicide.
    • Yhwach isn't going to be the final antagonist.

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

http://www.mangapanda.com/94-577-15/...apter-123.html

Well, at least quincy from 200 years ago from whom ishida and apparently the kurosaki come from do seem to go to SS after they die. Even ginjo and other fullbringers moved on to SS. I guess the question is whether the vandenreich guys go to SS. So far no implication has been made about vandenreich being converted to spiritrons when they go anywhere so perhaps they are already a form of souls while also human... Maybe they just convert their bodies to spiritrons like normal humans do to go to SS but instead of ever changing back they stay like that which is the reason for their long lives.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member NoOneInParticular's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

There's no reason their souls shouldn't go to SS, but then given their passionate hatred of both Hollows and Shinigami, I can imagine that they're exactly the type of individuals who would eventually turn into Hollows, ironically enough. It's not like they're under any illusions about SS being a heavenly place, so I can picture them being resistant to moving on. But ignoring that, and with the page kkck linked ^up there, it seems that their souls act like everybody else's.

However, Quincy power is a spiritual power, meaning it should carry over to the other side with them. Honestly I can't see the Shinigami tolerating such powers in their land. I'm sure there's some shady protocol in place for dealing with the souls of dead Quincy, be it imprisonment or elimination. Or maybe they just speed Quincy souls back to the WotL to begin their next reincarnation. I guess the question there is if spiritual power carries over when a soul is recycled.

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, I do wonder to what extent there is a chance for a properly awakened spiritually aware soul to not go immediately to SS upon death. Even when ginjo died we did not see his soul leave his body but rather it automatically moved on to SS. Staying in the human world waiting for a shinigami to perform a konso is as far as I understand not the norm of what happens when you die but rather exceptions. Now, I am of the idea that reiatsu is more of a property of the soul rather than the physical body so it is indeed something which should carry on with souls. If this is the case then upon death such souls should not actually be at risk of turning into hollows as that is an issue with pluses and corroded chains of fate. It would be like a shinigami turning into a hollow, it is not possible.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member kisuke u.'s Avatar
    Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

Ichigo had his chain of fate or soul chain cut be Tessai while training at Urahara's. So does that mean he is dead? If so, then we can assume that the soul retain its powers it possesses when transferred to the SS or after dying since ichigo has his powers even after getting his soul chain cut.
    Ukitake said that when ichigo's friends will die they will become SR, means the spirit energy one has doesn't lost when one die (correct me if I am wrong).
    More here
    http://www.mangahere.com/manga/bleach/v53/c518/19.html
    Tsukishima has his book of the end with him. So one doesn't lose its/his/her powers when die.

Did the SR killed them their too or quincys has (developed)their own realm where they end up after dying (some place in HM)? If quincys are/were rare, where Bach and his army came from? Looks like the quincys had some place (shatten bereich-shadow realm) to hide from the SR and to flourish their breed.

we all have our journeys to make.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member NoOneInParticular's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    Well, I do wonder to what extent there is a chance for a properly awakened spiritually aware soul to not go immediately to SS upon death. Even when ginjo died we did not see his soul leave his body but rather it automatically moved on to SS. Staying in the human world waiting for a shinigami to perform a konso is as far as I understand not the norm of what happens when you die but rather exceptions. Now, I am of the idea that reiatsu is more of a property of the soul rather than the physical body so it is indeed something which should carry on with souls. If this is the case then upon death such souls should not actually be at risk of turning into hollows as that is an issue with pluses and corroded chains of fate. It would be like a shinigami turning into a hollow, it is not possible.
    Shinigami are already past the stage where they can become a Hollow. To become one, you have to be bound to Earth by your chain of fate IIRC, until it erodes leaving the hole behind. Shinigami and Pluses in SS 'free' souls, not bound to anything. It's not so much to do with the soul having any power. But maybe you're right, as far as we know every Plus who's been bound to Earth has been powerless, so maybe having power and having a chain of fate are mutually exclusive states. But even if Quincy can be stuck on Earth, I'm sure SS would be able to detect them and would make it a priority to force the Soul Burial on them.

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

The soul burial is perhaps another interesting point. Would it work on a spiritually awakened soul? I have my doubts on that. Wouldn't it be simpler for souls without a hell butterfly to go to SS using the soul burial rather than using the dangai path? The dangai path is dangerous while the soul burial is potentially risk free and perhaps a tad faster.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Notak's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd say that their souls act as any other soul, except maybe it will turn out as an extra strong Rukongai/Shinigami soul. But, then came Tsukishima Ginjo and Giriko and threw that explanation into the water, so... You could see Tsukishima's Book of the End right?

Kubo doesn't bother with these details that much, shouldn't for example shinigami like Yamamoto and Gin have turned into human souls? Or am I getting the soul thing wrong.

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, yamamoto and gin's souls should be within the cycle of souls between worlds and on their way to be reborn as human babies. When shinigami die they are not just turned into human souls otherwise they would just be around SS with no power.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

A very strange idea popped in my head..might be weird though.

When Humans die they are reborn to soul society. Some of the Humans that die are becoming...Asauchis : the Quincies. This would explain why Ichigo is the only one who materialized his Zan without Asauchi. The Zangetsu hilt is his Quincy soul, ergo materializing the Quincy spirit (ok part Quincy and part Shinigami/Hollow) was only available to Ichigo.

Mechanics :

Quincies are able to manipulate energies, as opposed to their opposites : the Shinigami. So basically, the dead souls of Quincies / now known as Asauchis are given to the Shinigami so that they can draw the Shinigami energy and magnify it within them making them stronger.

Im still thinking about it but it ties up a lot of elements surprisingly. For example it explains why they would be at war from Vandereich's point of view. Time to sleep.

New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast