Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Bleach 576 by cnet128 , Naruto 672 by aegon-rokudo
New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: when quincys die, do they go to the SS or just vanished (gone for good)?

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: when quincys die, do they go to the SS or just vanished (gone for good)?

Well, but why would we think that shinigami can't manipulate energies? Shinigami and quincy alike manipulate energy, what changes is source of said energy. Shinigami's reiatsu comes from within, the quincy get power from the reishi around them. Thats not just at chojin's post, a lot of people seem to have ideas of the same kind... I mean, what else would kido be?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Notak's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    Well, yamamoto and gin's souls should be within the cycle of souls between worlds and on their way to be reborn as human babies. When shinigami die they are not just turned into human souls otherwise they would just be around SS with no power.
    So then I wonder, will Yamamoto's human form become insanely strong, or is his power completely removed from it?

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

The manga has never quite adressed that detail, who knows. Thinking about it, I wonder if yamamoto will actually be reborn. He was destroyed by a sort of quincy holy arrow, wouldn't that imply his soul was removed from the cycle and he ceased to exist altogether? It would literally be a fate worst than death....

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Notak's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh right, it was a Quincy arrow. Then he was probably absolutely erased yeah.

Gin on the other hand was killed by a transcended Aizen so maybe he did pass on.
    But yeah, I don't expect Kubo to address this.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    Well, but why would we think that shinigami can't manipulate energies? Shinigami and quincy alike manipulate energy, what changes is source of said energy. Shinigami's reiatsu comes from within, the quincy get power from the reishi around them. Thats not just at chojin's post, a lot of people seem to have ideas of the same kind... I mean, what else would kido be?
    I was a bit tired but what I meant is this.

BECAUSE they are trapped souls within a sword lets say they can only draw the energy around them, ie. the energy of the Shinigami. They draw this energy and then give it back on interest back to the user. WHat makes me think that is the explanation Ichigo provides when firing Getsuga. He said something along the lines 'my sword eats up my Reiatsu and fires it as a projectile from the tip and then says he didnt know the name of the attack bla bla..' So what if the reason his sword can eat his Reiatsu is because the sword is part Quincy ie absorbing the his Reiatsu [outer energy from a swords perspective] and firing it. What I am suggesting is that the Asauchis act as a Reiatsu antenna if you like absorbing the outer energy from the user himself in order to feed the swords powers eventually resulting in Shikai and Bankai. Since Shinigami are unable to manipulate outer energies themselves [I will get ot kiddo in a minute], this would essenitally mean that Shinigami invented the Asauchis [Shikai/Bankai] in order to eliminate the Quincy with their own.

Now for Kido spells, since the power of them relies on the strength of the Shinigami it can be inferred that they are actually coming from within and not from out of their bodies. The Shinigamis are learning about Kido spells once they enter the academies and [surprise surprise] train with their Zan. I think the Kido spells are another ability granted to them via being in contact with a Quincy soul trapped inside their Zan. The stronger the connection and bonding with their Zan the stronger they become and thus the more powerful their kidos will get naturally.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Since the Quincy know about the cycle of souls, SS and hate the Shinigami very much,
    the most probable thing would be for them to have some sort of burial ritual for very special Quincy to prevent them from passing into SS altogether.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Zeta42's Avatar
    Country
    Ukraine
    Post Thanks / Like

Mayuri experimented on several Quincies after their deaths. Therefore, their souls go to SS.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Firebird0ne's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The fact that Bach (and maybe others with the Vandenreich) can't stay away from the 'Shadow Territory' for more than a set amount of time, makes me think that Bach would be dead, but maybe the Shadow Territory is where quincies go to escape death that would send them to SS. This page also suggests that Bach could be dead...

http://www.mangapanda.com/bleach/511/12

He says that the Gotei 13 died "with us." I think was referring to the quincies, suggesting that even though they died, they found a way to not fade away or go to Soul Society. That would explain both the existence of the Shadow Territory and the fact they have to return to it after a given time.
    Last edited by Firebird0ne; March 31, 2013 at 08:09 PM.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Haddrell's Avatar
    Country
    England
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta42 View Post
    Mayuri experimented on several Quincies after their deaths. Therefore, their souls go to SS.
    Mayuri took these souls with him. This is no proof at all that Quincies usually reach the Soul Society.
    A bond that transcends their feelings and lies; the willingness to put aside differences for the other's safety; an undying respect and caring for each other. Black and White; Yin and Yang; Shinigami and Quincy.
    Kurosaki Ichigo and Ishida Uryu

By Saiyan5ninetail

New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2