Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/6/14 - 10/12/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!

View Poll Results: Which Path Would You Choose?

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • Pirate

    17 39.53%
  • Marine

    5 11.63%
  • Revolutionary

    10 23.26%
  • Cipher Pol Agent

    1 2.33%
  • Bandit

    2 4.65%
  • Police

    0 0%
  • Explorer

    8 18.60%
  • Prison Staff

    0 0%
  • Neo-Marine

    0 0%
New Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Results 31 to 39 of 39

Thread: Which Path Would You Choose?

  1. #31
    MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    33,569
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Which Path Would You Choose?

    I think Marines are safer as they're less likely to be attacked. Most pirates won't want to make an enemy of the World Government or the Marines while pirates have no qualms about attacking one another as long as they think they can win. I'm not saying Marines are safe though, but that they're at less risk than pirates of being in danger. Could apply to higher levels of Marine though.

    Another reason why I'd prefer to be a pirate or Revolutionary Army. They're in constant danger from Marines and other pirates that adds to the fun. Safe is too boring.
    Vote for koen for favorite senpai so koen is active again!

  2. #32
    Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Beika City
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,365
    Post Thanks / Like

    Post Re: Which Path Would You Choose?

    Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    Another reason why I'd prefer to be a pirate or Revolutionary Army. They're in constant danger from Marines and other pirates that adds to the fun. Safe is too boring.
    This greatly appealed to me.
    What annoys me is that no Revolutionary members seem to have any fame?
    Or bounties? Its as if they get no recognition for what they do.

    Whereas being a pirate, the feeling of having a Bounty seems amazing.
    The whole...
    Spoiler show


    Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    I think Marines are safer as they're less likely to be attacked. Most pirates won't want to make an enemy of the World Government or the Marines while pirates have no qualms about attacking one another as long as they think they can win. I'm not saying Marines are safe though, but that they're at less risk than pirates of being in danger. Could apply to higher levels of Marine though.
    I don't think we've had instances of Marines getting captured,
    Although I wish somebody in Japan would ask Oda in the SBS about the Marines who had their shadow stolen by Moria in Thriller Bark, I just want to know what goes through Pirates minds when they see Marines below Captain level.

    (I don't count the StrawHats as your average Pirates, I don't think I need to explain why lol)

  3. #33
    MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    33,569
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Which Path Would You Choose?

    Some Revolutionary members are famous, like Kuma, Ivankov, and Inazuma. Former became a shichibukai while the latter two were imprisoned. I guess it depends, as some RA may not do as much damage or make themselves as well known. Might be harder to do their jobs if they're easily spotted.

    There was a Marine that got hit or killed by Blood Splatter Caribou before Luffy reunited with the Strawhats though. I guess we don't see as many of them in danger because the story's mainly told from Strawhat's point of view, and they don't believe in hurting or killing people.

    I'm guessin they probably see weaker Marines as pushovers. They would still either try to avoid them or bully 'em, as those pirates could still put a bounty on their heads or make it happen. Bounties aren't good for starting pirates as they're weaker and more easily defeated.
    Vote for koen for favorite senpai so koen is active again!

  4. #34
    Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Beika City
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,365
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Which Path Would You Choose?

    Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    I'm guessin they probably see weaker Marines as pushovers. They would still either try to avoid them or bully 'em, as those pirates could still put a bounty on their heads or make it happen. Bounties aren't good for starting pirates as they're weaker and more easily defeated.
    Good point.
    And in fact we've seen on various occasions weaker pirates just getting snapped and up and their asses kicked by Marines. And of course arrested.
    And of course vice-versa we've seen many pirates wipe the floor with Marines.

    Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    Some Revolutionary members are famous, like Kuma, Ivankov, and Inazuma. Former became a shichibukai while the latter two were imprisoned. I guess it depends, as some RA may not do as much damage or make themselves as well known. Might be harder to do their jobs if they're easily spotted.
    Something I like about the RA's. The secrecy.
    Last edited by Airgrimes; April 04, 2013 at 07:11 AM.

  5. #35
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner poncho1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Country
    Joker
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    34
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Which Path Would You Choose?

    I would chose either the Marine or the Revolutionary. But I think I would go wth the Marine. I would try to change the corrupt system from the inside. Of course this way the whole revolution thing would be quite difficult to go but the challenge would be fascinating.

  6. #36
    Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Beika City
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,365
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Which Path Would You Choose?

    Quote Originally Posted by poncho1 View Post
    I would chose either the Marine or the Revolutionary. But I think I would go wth the Marine. I would try to change the corrupt system from the inside. Of course this way the whole revolution thing would be quite difficult to go but the challenge would be fascinating.
    It seems everybody likes the idea of a challenge if they were in the One Piece series.

    The challenges seem rather serious in One Piece.
    How would you handle a situation where you are only an Ensign or Captain and a Rear Admiral or Vice Admiral walks in and gives you orders that are extremely corrupt like the bombing of Ohara? (Sakaizuki)

    I don't like the way some Marines work.

    For me, the arc where Robin spent 2 years in Teqila Wolf where the workers were a village who had refused to join the World Govt so they were forced to work on a bridge and work at was not too far from a slave plantation, and the Revolutionary Army came and changed the village was enough to completely take my vote.

  7. #37
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner poncho1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Country
    Joker
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    34
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Which Path Would You Choose?

    Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    It seems everybody likes the idea of a challenge if they were in the One Piece series.

    The challenges seem rather serious in One Piece.
    How would you handle a situation where you are only an Ensign or Captain and a Rear Admiral or Vice Admiral walks in and gives you orders that are extremely corrupt like the bombing of Ohara? (Sakaizuki)

    I don't like the way some Marines work.
    You are absolutely right it's a difficult path to go if you choose the way of a Marine who wants to change the system. I guess there are many possibilites to do this as an Marine, for example:

    Your commander is a honorable person who also has an attitude towards true justice so there's a good chance to follow his path and become a Vice Admiral or even higher without being in such a quandary. And I also think there are always some people in the Marine who aren't satisfied with the system so to team up with them would be a good first step.

    Or you could play the game as long as you have to do until you've gained an appropriate postion an strength to take over some parts of the elite. But I think this way is quite and you won't have many followers in the end.

    But yeah it's a good question what to do if you receive such orders I think Coby is the best example if you really believe in something and really want to change something than you should have the guts to say no even if it means that you'll be killed and if that's the case than that should be more than enough to show all people who are dubious about the system that there's something wrong with it.

    But of course if you want to destroy the system from inside you also need help from the outside (maybe cooperating with the Revolutionaries, and so on) otherwise it would be nearly impossible to change anything.

  8. #38
    Most Beautiful Male 2013 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member goldb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    18,907
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Which Path Would You Choose?

    I voted for being a pirate; it offers more freedom to do as you wish, whereas Marines are restricted by rank and brand of justice in my opinion. I'd like to roam the seas and visit without repercussions or duty. Revolutionaries seem to keen to change the world, I have no such desires.

  9. #39
    Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Beika City
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,365
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Which Path Would You Choose?

    Quote Originally Posted by goldb View Post
    I voted for being a pirate; it offers more freedom to do as you wish, whereas Marines are restricted by rank and brand of justice in my opinion. I'd like to roam the seas and visit without repercussions or duty. Revolutionaries seem to keen to change the world, I have no such desires.
    Not that much freedom once you make the transition from Grand Line to New World. You mess with people's territories and then you're in trouble.
    The Yonkou's have sort of monopolized parts of land. The Pirate life just seems less free in New World compared to Paradise.

New Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts