Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/14/14 - 7/20/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi , Bleach 588 (2)
New Reply

Thread: It's good to finally be part of the community

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner vinhtran's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

WSJ Pirate It's good to finally be part of the community

I've been checking out post in this site for roughly 7, or 8 years (long time lurker), then today I finally decide to make an account to get over it.
    The first time I come into contact with manga is when I was 7 years old, my aunt bought me the first volume of Doreamon (published in my home country, Vietnam).....from that point on...I instantly got hook by this so-called "Japanese comic book".....after Doreamon, then come DB, DBZ, Dragon Quest Dai, Dragon Quest Roto,...etc. In 1998 I believe I met One Piece for the first time...then and there I know for a fact that I would follow OP til the end.....I instinctively knew that someday the world will recognize One Piece for how epic it is. I enjoy Naruto and Bleach for certain period of time in the past, nowadays it takes me 2 mins to go through a chapter. Toriko is second best series on my list (in term of Shounen).....Oh, and Worst, Crows.....
    For Seinen, Vagabond, Berserk, Baki, Garouden, Gantz, Sanctuary, Eden It's an Endless World, Tough, ....etc

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ancy's Avatar
    Country
    Water Tribe
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: It's good to finally be part of the community

Welcome

Good to have another "lurker gone poster" among us So, what is your opinion on the latest Bleach chapters?
    "Take off your mask
    And you will see
    The freak in you
    The freak in me!
    "

MH Lothario 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member goldb's Avatar
    Country
    Costa Gravas
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by vinhtran View Post
    I've been checking out post in this site for roughly 7, or 8 years (long time lurker), then today I finally decide to make an account to get over it.
    The first time I come into contact with manga is when I was 7 years old, my aunt bought me the first volume of Doreamon (published in my home country, Vietnam).....from that point on...I instantly got hook by this so-called "Japanese comic book".....after Doreamon, then come DB, DBZ, Dragon Quest Dai, Dragon Quest Roto,...etc. In 1998 I believe I met One Piece for the first time...then and there I know for a fact that I would follow OP til the end.....I instinctively knew that someday the world will recognize One Piece for how epic it is. I enjoy Naruto and Bleach for certain period of time in the past, nowadays it takes me 2 mins to go through a chapter. Toriko is second best series on my list (in term of Shounen).....Oh, and Worst, Crows.....
    For Seinen, Vagabond, Berserk, Baki, Garouden, Gantz, Sanctuary, Eden It's an Endless World, Tough, ....etc
    That's a long lurking period indeed, but welcome officially to MH then

Do you also follow the OP anime or watch many animes currently? You've been reading it for a hell of long time; I think I only got into it in 2005 while I was on holiday in belgium. At this time it was the anime. I watched it for a while, then got into the manga in 2008 when I'd caught up with the anime and was eager for more.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ancy View Post
    Welcome

Good to have another "lurker gone poster" among us So, what is your opinion on the latest Bleach chapters?
    I called "Ichigo's mother was a quincy" 3, 4 months ago..........no surprise there........no opinion on the latest chapter whatsoever.....Personally, to me, Bleach is ended right at the end of Aizen arc.....

---------- Post added at 09:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:49 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by goldb View Post
    That's a long lurking period indeed, but welcome officially to MH then

Do you also follow the OP anime or watch many animes currently? You've been reading it for a hell of long time; I think I only got into it in 2005 while I was on holiday in belgium. At this time it was the anime. I watched it for a while, then got into the manga in 2008 when I'd caught up with the anime and was eager for more.
    no anime at the moment.......nowadays I wait for 10, 20 OP episodes and download them all at the same time, just for the sake of collection......

Country
    Costa Gravas
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think I've done that since....the end of Thriller Bark I think. Now I just watch them online; usually the next morning and just collect the movies. Though I should really download again, but the sheer number that I'd have to catch up on puts me off

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

just a few torrents a day, you'll catch up eventually....

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zasz's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice, we're following the same manga, so I hope to discuss with you about them soon.
    Anyway, other than manga, do you have other interests?

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

badminton, soccer, video game (damn, ordered Kaizoku Musou 2 yesterday).....hang-out and drink with friends......really really like to travel (no money at moment T__T)

Country
    Costa Gravas
    Post Thanks / Like

What is your favourite football team?

What places would you like to travel to?

Kaizoku Musou 2

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

AS Roma, Inter-Millan, Manchester, ....etc quite few......I don't remember them all as I used to.....since all the stars I know of have retired more or less....
    European countries first, France, German, UK, Holland, Swiss, Ireland (this one is because of LOTR),.....Spain, Portugal,....etc.
    I save the best for last, Japan, man, dream of going there since I was a kid.......
    So bump, I'll get KM 2 on the coming Monday.....

Translator 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Kyouria's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Belated welcome to Manga Helpers! Hope you continue to enjoy your stay here! ^_^

Country
    Costa Gravas
    Post Thanks / Like

AS Roma, Inter-Millan, Manchester, ....etc quite few......I don't remember them all as I used to.....since all the stars I know of have retired more or less....
    European countries first, France, German, UK, Holland, Swiss, Ireland (this one is because of LOTR),.....Spain, Portugal,....etc.
    I save the best for last, Japan, man, dream of going there since I was a kid.......
    So bump, I'll get KM 2 on the coming Monday.....
    I know, I miss the old days of football or well just after the turn of the millennia. Italy especially had some brilliant players in their teams, hence why they performed so well on the international stage for a while.

Ireland is brilliant, the people are friendly and Dublin is a very clean city. You'd enjoy there. Also I've been told Cork is a lovely place but I've never been, so don't take my word on that. Japan is well...most of our dream, isn't it?

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zasz's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

badminton, soccer, video game (damn, ordered Kaizoku Musou 2 yesterday).....hang-out and drink with friends......really really like to travel (no money at moment T__T)
    I see, you've got quite the hobbies.
    How lucky of you to play already Kaizoku Musou 2; it's the game I am loocking forward to playing the most.

New Reply