Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/25/14 - 8/31/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 (2)
New Reply

Thread: Why Bach Wants to Recruit Ichigo?

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member kisuke u.'s Avatar
    Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

Why Bach Wants to Recruit Ichigo?

Why Bach wants to recruit ichigo?
    – Because of Masaki,
    - Or because he is a hybrid/quincy.

Note : Bach (somewhat) denied being an enemy to ichigo. He wanted to take ichigo with them but couldn’t succeed because he ran out of time. However he did take care to give ichigo some hints about the true identity of his mother and ichigo’s quincy nature/side/personality. He even called ichigo “the(my) child born in the darkness”. His words to come back for ichigo. So why this affection?
    Is it just to have him on their side? It seems there is some relation between the two other than just being quincy.

So what's your turn on it?

we all have our journeys to make.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Haddrell's Avatar
    Country
    England
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: why Bach wants to recruit ichigo?

I think Bach is considering all Quincies as his “children”, in the sense that he is so much older than at least the vast majority of them. Compared to Bach Ichigo is a child when it comes to age.

I didn`t see any affection between Bach and Ichigo. Bach did not want to take Ichigo because he wants to do something nice for him. What he wants is using him. I can imagine that Ichigo is sick and tired of it that people want to use and abuse him.

There is no “Luke, I am your father” here.
    A bond that transcends their feelings and lies; the willingness to put aside differences for the other's safety; an undying respect and caring for each other. Black and White; Yin and Yang; Shinigami and Quincy.
    Kurosaki Ichigo and Ishida Uryu

By Saiyan5ninetail

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member kisuke u.'s Avatar
    Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: why Bach wants to recruit ichigo?

Quote Originally Posted by Haddrell View Post
    I think Bach is considering all Quincies as his “children”, in the sense that he is so much older than at least the vast majority of them. Compared to Bach Ichigo is a child when it comes to age.

I didn`t see any affection between Bach and Ichigo. Bach did not want to take Ichigo because he wants to do something nice for him. What he wants is using him. I can imagine that Ichigo is sick and tired of it that people want to use and abuse him.

There is no “Luke, I am your father” here.
    Hum, may be. But Bach had plans for ichigo i.e. confined him in HM, take him to vandenreich, gradually reeducate him etc. special treatment for ichigo? He didn’t try to kill ichigo rather to make him powerless and forcibly take him with them. And Hash’s response here. http://www.mangapanda.com/bleach/514/14

Why didn’t he let ichigo on his own will like Ishidas? Why bother for him? I know it is far fetched but what if Masaki is his daughter and that’s why he called ichigo his son. Just a fire in the air........

we all have our journeys to make.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Cyber34's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Why Bach Wants to Recruit Ichigo?

Quote Originally Posted by kisuke u. View Post
    Why Bach wants to recruit ichigo?
    – Because of Masaki,
    - Or because he is a hybrid/quincy.

Note : Bach (somewhat) denied being an enemy to ichigo. He wanted to take ichigo with them but couldn’t succeed because he ran out of time. However he did take care to give ichigo some hints about the true identity of his mother and ichigo’s quincy nature/side/personality. He even called ichigo “the(my) child born in the darkness”. His words to come back for ichigo. So why this affection?
    Is it just to have him on their side? It seems there is some relation between the two other than just being quincy.

So what's your turn on it?
    My own personal opinion is that there is a direct blood relation between them. Juha Bach seems to have much more concern for him then he does the average Quincy soldier. Mobilizing his forces simply because Ichigo is in Hueco Mundo, and refusing to kill him even though Ichigo had the audacity to cuss him out and attack him in a blind rage. We all saw that Juha Bach has no tolerance for individuals defying him when he executed those Arrancar. Although I could be completely wrong, and the only reason he is lenient on Ichigo and insist on recruiting him could be because he heard about the ass whooping he put on Immortal Aizen.

5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member NoOneInParticular's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

That's a good point. But then Arrancar are Hollows, so being a Quincy it should come as no surprise that Bach would mistreat them at the slightest provocation, and those SR Yama roasted may still be alive, which could be why Royd as Bach was undisturbed by watching them blown away. But a blood relation would explain him attacking SS off schedule just because Ichigo was out of the way.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member DraMas26's Avatar
    Country
    Albania
    Post Thanks / Like

I think Bach will train Ichigo to be a Quincy because it follows the pattern of every arc. I mean Ichigo always trains his new powers with some new character.

As for why he wants to train Ichigo, there's not much information yet but we do have a little. In the RAW Bach speaks very respectfully to Ichigo while he speaks rudely to Haschwalt and Yama. He also talks as if he has been waiting for Ichigo for a long time. The impression I'm getting is that Bach seems to think Ichigo is some Quincy Messiah which sort of make sense because the Quincy are based off Christians in a way.

~ Forum Fixer ~ 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Miyagi's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DraMas26 View Post
    In the RAW Bach speaks very respectfully to Ichigo while he speaks rudely to Haschwalt and Yama.
    This is interesting, speaking rudely to Yamamoto is understandable since it seems he was his nemesis, Haschwald, on the other hand, is his second in command, I wonder if there's a reason why Bach doesn't care much about his current soldiers but became emotional over those he lost 1000 years ago. As for why he wants to recruit Ichigo, Ichigo may be a valuable asset in the war against shinigami. Bach probably thinks Ichigo has deeper ties to quincies, calling him "son" and such, and latest chapters, Nimaiya telling him he's not a shinigami and he has no place in SS, her mother being a quincy all indicate Ichigo may get confused and question where his loyalty should lie. That said, Ichigo values his family and nakama a lot and Bach's efforts to recruit him will probably prove futile.

New Reply