Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Bleach 576 by cnet128
New Reply
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Toriko 228 Discussion Thread

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner DarkRyu's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Toriko 228 Spoiler Thread

Quote Originally Posted by -Ken- View Post
    Based on what we've seen so far, though, I don't think Tommyrod can beat Elg. He doesn't seem to have brutal enough of a tech to defeat the regeneration.

And while his regeneration may not look as impressive as Buranchi. It is pretty much useful in every fight and opponents will have a hard time beating off the regeneration.

Take into consideration too that Elg is one of the member who is strong enough to go into gourmet world pre-training. He can't be weak.
    Tommy uses his bugs to eat him, or eats him himself, the end. Keep in consideration that back when they were saying who could enter gourmet world they actually said that they THOUGHT Elg was ready, meanwhile they said Tommy was ready to go at any time

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member -Ken-'s Avatar
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DarkRyu View Post
    Tommy uses his bugs to eat him, or eats him himself, the end. Keep in consideration that back when they were saying who could enter gourmet world they actually said that they THOUGHT Elg was ready, meanwhile they said Tommy was ready to go at any time
    And then Elg body grows from inside his body and gg? I don't see how regeneration would stop. He was blown to way less bits in this chapter, and still come out on top.
    Last edited by -Ken-; March 28, 2013 at 05:32 PM.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner DarkRyu's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by -Ken- View Post
    And then Elg body grows from inside his body and gg? I don't see how regeneration would stop. He was blown to way less bits in this chapter, and still come out on top.
    People are blowing Elg's ability out of proportion, it's not THAT insane, anyway if his bugs ate Elg we can't just assume he would be able to bust out, those bugs are pretty tough, much less him busting out of Tommyrod. But really, while his regen is good, what else is impressive about Elg?

All he's shown so far is a kick attack and people are trying to say he's godlike on a bunch of forums. Ok if he's so good, how could he beat someone like Setsuno? Oh and I'm pretty sure Sani's satan hair would probably end him for good, like, no doubt about it

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member -Ken-'s Avatar
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

Well,

from this chapter, you can at least see that he can recover from damage on cellular level.

Why do you need to be good at many areas to be impressive?

To beat him, you'll probably have to do more damage that he can regenerated. But well, damage down to cellular level and divide him into who knows how many pieces isn't enough. That's all we know so far. And Tommyrod hasn't show ability higher than that at all.

I don't have doubt Setsuno can deal more damage than he can heal. It's not like physical damage is the only way to go too. Zebra's shinigami voice might also do the trick.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Dasbones's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Makes me wonder what the purpose of the bandages Elg had wrapped around him, do they suppress his cells?

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member nyamonyamo's Avatar
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

scan is out at hiwamatanoboru.com
    danm it there will be no toriko next week!
    Last edited by nyamonyamo; March 28, 2013 at 10:10 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member eefrit's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dasbones View Post
    Makes me wonder what the purpose of the bandages Elg had wrapped around him, do they suppress his cells?
    Seriously, dudes just being mysterious for mysterious sake. If there is a reason though I can't think of one, but if I had to guess, I'd assume that his bandages protected him from something. Maybe the regeneration ability is solar powered but too much sun can burn him out? His human half at least. But the way to beat him seems to be to wipe him out of existence completely and utterly.

As for Tommy vs Elg, let's wait and see what else Elg has to offer before comparing them. But considering Tommy was ranked higher than Elg, I think it's safe to assume he was stronger. Regeneration doesn't automatically equal stronger.
    Last edited by eefrit; March 28, 2013 at 10:29 PM.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, no matter how good his regen is, it deffenetly has a limit. His Cells need energy, so after reaching a limit of his regen, he would die.
    And of course as tons of people mantioned, regen doesn't equal strength.

10. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner minbukyo's Avatar
    Country
    Vietnam
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Toriko 228 Discussion Thread

Elg seems to be like "Cell" in Dragon Ball but I think there is a way for Buranchi to finish him. I guest Buranchi has some more skills better than "Inazuma Bouchou". Let's see in next chapter. Can't wait.....

12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Impossibility's Avatar
    Country
    Bahamas
    Post Thanks / Like

So this Elg guy is immortal. I wonder what the trick behind his ability is. This battle is getting interesting.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

What if Buranchi's batteries are not the source of his power but is a way of controlling it? Maybe he uses a device that limits the electric flow coming out from his body. And now that it's gone, his full power will be unleashed. Just like Kenpachi's eyepatch.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Buggy's Avatar
    Country
    Andorra
    Post Thanks / Like

First of all, damn the break next week. The manga world has been plagued by breaks since the year started.

On the chapter - it seems Buranchi is Laxus of Toriko world. There had to be someone with electricity (lightning) power, and that is usually very strong power and Buranchi is using it well.

One thing you guys are overlooking is that there has to be a limit to Elg's regeneration power. This is certainly not the first instance where he multiplied. Where are all those other Elgs? If he got cut by Buranchi on a cellular level, are there now millions or billions copies, since there are so many cells in the body? Of course not. Why didn't the Bishokukai just chopped him and made an army of invincible soldiers with ease? It doesn't work that way and there are limits which will be the key to stopping him. He also showed low offencive ability, one named attack, which looks like a regular kick, and he can't just beat his opponents by regenerating infinitely and tiring them out.

16. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member VashDaStampede's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Buranchi does have a cool power and he didn't specifically say his batteries were about to die but we can guess that's what he's about to say. But like most people are saying, I don't think the batteries are the limit to his power. He's probably like a computer with a power supply. Where even if he loses his power source he still has enough juice for a certain amount of time.

As far as Elg's "power level" is concerned, we haven't seen much yet but I can already tell he's a lot tougher than people originally thought just because he was ranked lower than Tommy, Grinpatch, etc. For me that doesn't mean anything. In almost every manga I read, there's been people who were ranked lower but still stronger than the people above them. So far we know Elg has speed and his regeneration powers; which are kinda like Cell from DBZ as someone mentioned. I just hope the way to defeat him isn't the same (destroying him beyond the cellular level).

No chapter next week? Ugh!!

18. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Katoo's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Buggy View Post
    First of all, damn the break next week. The manga world has been plagued by breaks since the year started.

On the chapter - it seems Buranchi is Laxus of Toriko world. There had to be someone with electricity (lightning) power, and that is usually very strong power and Buranchi is using it well.

One thing you guys are overlooking is that there has to be a limit to Elg's regeneration power. This is certainly not the first instance where he multiplied. Where are all those other Elgs? If he got cut by Buranchi on a cellular level, are there now millions or billions copies, since there are so many cells in the body? Of course not. Why didn't the Bishokukai just chopped him and made an army of invincible soldiers with ease? It doesn't work that way and there are limits which will be the key to stopping him. He also showed low offencive ability, one named attack, which looks like a regular kick, and he can't just beat his opponents by regenerating infinitely and tiring them out.
    This
    English is not my first language,so sorry for any mistakes!

My ''z'' is broken right now,so I will be using ''s'' for time short!

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Ofcourse there is a limit to Elg's ability. That's how power works in this manga. And I think that limit is on how much regeneration he can do. Each regeneration requires a certain amount of calories to perform. If his body runs out of calories, then he won't be able to regenerate anymore.
    And about his clones, I think they can only last for a certain amount of time or for a certain amount of damage received. Much like Naruto's kagebunshin.

Off topic:
    What if the leader of NEO is...
    Spoiler show
    Last edited by llydnarz; March 30, 2013 at 03:11 AM.

21. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast