Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Bleach 576 by cnet128
New Reply
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Toriko 228 Discussion Thread

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member VashDaStampede's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Toriko 228 Discussion Thread

The only thing I don't like about this ^^^ prediction of who the leader of NEO is, is because it will remind of how silly and dumb Tobi seemed before we found out he was the mastermind. But other than that...nice prediction. That would be a hell of a curve ball.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Doc Q's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

People jumped way to willingly on the Elg bandwagon. His ability is interesting and cool; But there's no way he's on the level of the Sous Chefs. The ranks aren't around for nothing, and Alfaro has specifically imlied that Elg is on a lower level than the Sous Chefs.

But this fight is awesome. Buranchi's abilities are really cool, and Elg is one eerie motherfucker. Can't wait for next chapter.

3. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member SK-Hao's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Elg was destroyed to the cellular level and he regenerated. That ability to me seems much more impressive than Tommy rod and his bugs. Hope he goes on the offensive because so far he has shown he only knows how to take powerful attacks.
    Devour this Manga

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SK-Hao View Post
    Elg was destroyed to the cellular level and he regenerated. That ability to me seems much more impressive than Tommy rod and his bugs. Hope he goes on the offensive because so far he has shown he only knows how to take powerful attacks.
    There has to be a limit, or else he'd be the Boss of Bishokukai by now or a Sous Chef, the fact that he's a branch leader means for me that the Sous Chef are stronger him

It's still early to judge, but it seems Elg's ability is basically that horse, unlike Tommy who uses insect out of laziness, Elg seems to rely heavily on his lower body
    I don't think Buranchi is done yet, I think that the batteries are just a safe way to use his power, he must have something else under his sleeve

Can't wait to see Zebra joining the fight too

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member nyamonyamo's Avatar
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Elg is prolly still just a brach chief cause hes not much into politics. he seem like a quiet person. Maybe tommy is a better chef than him. I mean the sous chef are basically chefs right its based on cooking skill not strength.

And anyway if somehow zonge is the leader of neo i will burn all my toriko stuff and send hate mail to the author everyday. Please dont pull another stupid stunt like what happen with that matsu's friend who became starjun partner. God i hate that

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't see anything bad on Ootake becoming a Bishokukai. Komatsu needs a rival from other factions. He has to have his own fight too.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

@Batteries
    It seems to me he use them to STORE his Power^^
    Maybe its a emergency if he used up all to recover and store again just to overlaps the time he needs to recharge he can rely on the Batteries..

@Elg
    Just destroy him over and over again soon "his batteries" will go off..
    thats what mostpprply will happen^^
    --
    The Mangas i like:

One Piece; Naruto;
    Hajami no Ippo; Hunter x Hunter;
    Beelzebub; Toriko; Fairy Tail
    Bleach; Hitman Reborn; Gantz

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member winterwyrm's Avatar
    Country
    Imperium of Mankind
    Post Thanks / Like

Perhaps Elg can't cook, and so they did not make him a "sous chef" for that reason. It could just be that you need the ability to cook on par with other sous chefs, and perhaps some branch chiefs may actually be more powerful than some sous chefs in terms of fighting ability.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

well honestly he didnt show us ANY fighting ability... you can stand his ability as long as he has no good punsh... its like standing against 1 ant or 1000 ants i dont think i would loos to one or the other *takes out big garden-hose*
    --
    The Mangas i like:

One Piece; Naruto;
    Hajami no Ippo; Hunter x Hunter;
    Beelzebub; Toriko; Fairy Tail
    Bleach; Hitman Reborn; Gantz

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Zasz's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

I hope that Buranchi will defeat Elg.
    I can't accept a defeat for him against a guy whose only ability is Immortality.
    I thought the same when hidan was introduced in Naruto.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member senadtm87's Avatar
    Country
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Post Thanks / Like

Anyway, the new chapter will be published when?

P.S. I think that these fight's mostly won't end, in next chapter will be probably setsuno ws. these 3, and then will Jirou come and Bishokukai will run away.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

It seems that we will get the chapter the next week.

About Elg... I seriously doubt that he is stronger than Sous Chefs. He has to show something more than immense regen power and high speed.
    For now he hasn't shown any actual fighting ability.
    It's actually strange that for 200 years he only got to such a point.
    Last edited by Jorge D. Dragon; April 02, 2013 at 11:03 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member winterwyrm's Avatar
    Country
    Imperium of Mankind
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jorge D. Dragon View Post
    It seems that we will get the chapter the next week.

About Elg... I seriously doubt that he is stronger than Sous Chefs. He has to show something more than immense regen power and high speed.
    For now he hasn't shown any actual fighting ability.
    It's actually strange that for 200 years he only got to such a point.
    I don't know, what could grinpatch or tommy do to him? Then again Elg's ability is kind of a cop-out, since we already have several characters who are confirmed to have lived for 500+ years, and we have already seen toriko radically regen at least twice. I have a feeling his ability will be a triviality in the future with everyone able to do that kind of thing.

And yes, last issue was a double issue, unfortunately despite how that sounds, toriko will not be coming out this week, but hopefully we will get it a little bit early next week due to this freeing up the schedules of the industrious teams who scanlate it. You'll have to wait for the goodness.

On that note, I really can't wait for Setsuno vs chiyo vs kuri/zaus/kou/joa that's 4-5 new fighting styles including Set that we will be seeing go all out right off the bat, with potentially huge consequences for the entire world.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Junaid_Sennin's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

I think Jirou (or someone else, but who?) might show up to help Setsunon, since she'll be outnumbered 3-to-1, and two of her opponents are 0th Biotope staff. Although, I'm still of the belief that Kuribou is loyal to Ichiryuu and just playing along to keep his cover. I think he might hold back in the fight against Setsunon, or maybe he'll even break his cover and help her.

Kinda disappointed that Buranchi ran out of electricity, but then again, seeing how much power he was able to produce already is damn impressive. I guess everyone needs a weakness, his is limited juice (kinda like Kakashi). A part of me is hoping he has a trump card that he'll pull out now, and that'll probably bench him for the rest of the fight.

I wanna jump back to Toriko's fight, Sunny's development has got me hoping that Toriko's power is also going to evolve. I also wanna see what Mansam and Rin are up to.
    Stand back, I'm going to try science

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Off Topic:

I've been watching Toriko anime and here are some things I've noticed:

It's confirmed in the anime that the creature that arrived in honey prison when Toriko and Komatsu went there was a Nitro.
    In the anime, it was shown that Toriko ate his share of Meteor Garlic.
    When the ape guy from Bishokukai attacked Ichiryuu and was stopped in mid air, it seemed in the anime that there was a plastic wrap and it's what stopped him.
    When the Bishokukai tried to attack Ichiryuu and the president became serious, Ichiryuu's power or aura seemed to try to suck the Bishokukai. But it was stopped by Midora's own aura or power.

New Reply
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast