Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply

Thread: Poems (and more)

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb Poems (and more)

Hello everybody^^
    I'm not sure if that is the right place for this, but I'd like to present you some of the poems that I write. And I know that this is a place which is all about manga and anime and because of that I'll try to only put the stuff here that is manga/anime-related(except someone would be interested in other stuff, too ~ most of the time I make kinda serious poems that have a philosophical side ~ but I want to try something new^^).

It would be really great if someone would give me ideas of what they'd like to see. A special character or an anime/manga that they would like a poem about. We could choose some topics together and could together gather/collect all the most important things of this character/anime/manga and then we'll put it into nice words.

I'm also a musician so I think I will make songs out of the poems I make and maybe present them here, too, if that's ok.

So maybe we'll work together on some nice poems/songs about anime/manga. I think that would be something nice to see in this day and age. If I'd make a song out of a poem and upload it of course I'll ask the people if they're ok with that and I'll obviously name them under the song.

But well, these would only be some things stucking in my head. Maybe no one's interested in that^^

here I'll present you now a little poem of mine ~ it's not that good, I just came up with it in a short time, but maybe you could tell me what you dislike about it/what should be changed etc. ~ feedback would be great ~ and maybe you find all the references I made in it, shouldn't be too hard to get them^^

Do you really want to fight?
    But you are not really bright
    and so you don't know what to do?
    Just look at what other people drew!
    Because no matter, what's the matter,
    after that you will feel better.

If you just don't wanna shoot,
    why don't you try a devil's fruit?
    If you are really bored,
    imagine you have a living sword.

Or wanna have yellow hair and the strongest fists.
    You can be glad, because such a power exists.
    Do you want to kill people out of the dark?
    Then what about a nice ninja story's arc?

If you only think about how to defend,
    you should read some manga until the end.
    And if you then can only think about what you should eat,
    you can even find there some meat.

MangaHelper 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! Farfalla's Avatar
    Country
    Wallis & Futuna
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Poems (and more)

Yes, that's the right place to do it^^ You're very welcome to show more of your work here.
    That poem you showed has this musical feeling in it. Did you make any arrangement for it? I'd love to hear it xD
    It's really cool that you're interested in working on anime songs!

3. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I have been ill for some time and my voice isn't as it's best, but well, I just spontaneously recorded the poem (as a song) now. It's not the best, but it's something. There are two times where it could sound bad/strange, but there you have to listen to the text and then you will get it, why it is how it is. My favourite part is shortly after 2:00, it's worth to listen at least from there^^ it's all just my guitar + my voice :3 Maybe in the future I'll make some better anime and manga songs^^
    Take part in the new "Only one sentence"-Competition: Klick

5. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! Farfalla's Avatar
    Country
    Wallis & Futuna
    Post Thanks / Like

I like the way you play! xD it's really chilling. You have a pretty and calm voice^^ I like it a lot! Thanks for sharing, it's indeed worth listening to.
    Oh, do you know, http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showth...eo-Post-Thread, where people often check what others share. I think they'd love to check your song xD

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply