Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 (2)
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Will Smoker and Aokiji end up joining the strawhats against the world government?

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity danzouismadara's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Will Smoker and Aokiji end up joining the strawhats against the world government?

I feel like once Aokiji and Smoker see the world government's true colors they will help the pirates and revolutionaries... what do you guys think?

Can someone message me an anime that's similar to d grayman or claymore or deathnote?

Ive seen Deathnote, deadman wonderland, fairytale, shigurui, ao no exorcist, beelzebub, samurai champloo, code geass, devil may cry, Hakuouki, monster, blood plus, gantz. Basically, something with demons and gore.

2. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Will Smoker and Aokiji end up joining the strawhats against the world government?

I agree. Kuzan has already expressed some antipathy towards the government. Smoker's belief in "personal justice" implies he does not share the government's absolute justice. Once the truth about the Void Century is exposed, I expect he also will rebel. I am guessing Sengoku and Garp will also rebel.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Will Smoker and Aokiji end up joining the strawhats against the world government?

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten View Post
    I agree. Kuzan has already expressed some antipathy towards the government. Smoker's belief in "personal justice" implies he does not share the government's absolute justice. Once the truth about the Void Century is exposed, I expect he also will rebel. I am guessing Sengoku and Garp will also rebel.
    i think Sengoku already know truth about the Void Century. i think smoker will 100% join last war against WG
    Last edited by suraj5898; March 23, 2013 at 05:46 AM.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted THM Nindo's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, the totally will.
    And they are probably not the only ones.

PS: When creating a thread with a question, you should always put a poll.

True love will conquer everything
    The question now is : which of those two loves, is the true one?!

Jiraiya's timeline : here
    Zetsu, the strongest villain of Akatsuki : here

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner yhzc's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, they will along with many other pirates and random people. The only question is, when there will be this kind of fight.

Something like WB against WG and Shichibukai would be really nice, but I don't think it will happen, because oda does not really usw repetion so much.
    But to show the world, how powerfull the strawhats are, there has to be a huge fight against the three admirals at the same time.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity MiyamotoMusashi's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by yhzc View Post
    Yes, they will along with many other pirates and random people. The only question is, when there will be this kind of fight.

Something like WB against WG and Shichibukai would be really nice, but I don't think it will happen, because oda does not really usw repetion so much.
    But to show the world, how powerfull the strawhats are, there has to be a huge fight against the three admirals at the same time.
    Oda already said in an interview that the last arc will make Marineford look like nothing

Many are looking forward to what happens next in One Piece. Could you give us a message for them ?
    Oda : One thing that motivates me to keep drawing One Piece is that I want to draw the last chapter. The last chapter is amazing ! I imagine a final chapter that will make the Marineford arc look like nothing.
    Nakata : Seriously ?!
    Oda : The Marineford arc really felt like a side trip to me. I didn’t expect it to be so popular. So I don’t know how readers will take this one. But the thing I think is really interesting will be in that last chapter. Until then, I’d like as many of the fans as possible to stick with me.
    Nakata : Believe me, they will. I’m looking forward to finding out what happens next, too !
    Oda : Yessir !

8. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ukimix's Avatar
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MiyamotoMusashi View Post
    Oda already said in an interview that the last arc will make Marineford look like nothing

Many are looking forward to what happens next in One Piece. Could you give us a message for them ?
    Oda : One thing that motivates me to keep drawing One Piece is that I want to draw the last chapter. The last chapter is amazing ! I imagine a final chapter that will make the Marineford arc look like nothing.
    Nakata : Seriously ?!
    Oda : The Marineford arc really felt like a side trip to me. I didn’t expect it to be so popular. So I don’t know how readers will take this one. But the thing I think is really interesting will be in that last chapter. Until then, I’d like as many of the fans as possible to stick with me.
    Nakata : Believe me, they will. I’m looking forward to finding out what happens next, too !
    Oda : Yessir !
    Can you give us the link to read the full interview? I would apreciate it!!

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity MiyamotoMusashi's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ukimix View Post
    Can you give us the link to read the full interview? I would apreciate it!!
    The interview was published in the "Eternal Log" that was released for the "One Piece Ten Exhibition" last year

Here is the picture with the full interview, you can enlarge it in order to read, it should be readable

http://orojackson.com/content/oda-sp...-piece-chapter

11. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by suraj5898 View Post
    i think Sengoku already know truth about the Void Century. i think smoker will 100% join last war against WG
    Sengoku resigned his position due to World Government corruption. He could not accept covering up that the Level 6 prisoners had escaped. This is clear proof that his vision of justice does not align with the World Government's. Sengoku put's the safety and security of the people above petty political concerns. In the end, this will align him closely with Luffy, whom he will probably aid in the final battle.

Quote Originally Posted by yhzc View Post

After Raftel. Whatever Roger did to become Pirate King, the Government was so angry that they hoped to wipe out his entire bloodline. Unlike Roger, suffering from an incurable disease, Luffy will not surrender after reaching Raftel. The World Government will instead be forced to declare war. Luffy and his allies will fight the Government and it's allies in one final battle to end the manga.

One Piece is awash in deliberate repetition. The basic structure of every arc has been exactly the same since Luffy fought Alvida. Luffy lands on a strange island, and meets a friendly, helpful, "local" who has some knowledge of the island and situation. He comes into conflict with the local power broker, and either defeats them, or befriends them. You can take that all the way to Punk Hazard.

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think they'll join the Strawhat crew, but they will probably work together to either change the world government or overhaul it. They probably will either work with or join the Revolutionary Army though, as RA currently has tons of power and so far seems to have similar thoughts with Smoker, Aokiji, Garp, and Sengoku. Though, I'm not sure if Aokiji and Smoker will go against the Government as much as they will try to change it.

Country
    Israel
    Post Thanks / Like

Am I the only one seeing Akainu killing Smoker before his big battle with Luffy?
    I do predict Smoker trying to change the corrupt system from within and also giving information to Kuzan yet I can't see him forfeiting his position which gives him the information and tools to stop corrupt pirates as well.
    I would like to see him at least talk with Coby so we can know how their ideals interact and will Coby stay with the marines if he learns the dark secrets of the WG.

Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Sengoku resigned his position due to World Government corruption. He could not accept covering up that the Level 6 prisoners had escaped. This is clear proof that his vision of justice does not align with the World Government's. Sengoku put's the safety and security of the people above petty political concerns. In the end, this will align him closely with Luffy, whom he will probably aid in the final battle.
    i never said Sengoku will not join last war what i said is smoker will join last war about others i dont know (top fighter like Kuzan , Sengoku and Garp) Coby will also join last war .

after war Revolutionary Army , good marines (smoker,coby etc) and good kings (Nefertari Cobra,Neptune,Dalton etc) will make new good WG (something like that)

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by susanoo13 View Post
    Am I the only one seeing Akainu killing Smoker before his big battle with Luffy?
    I do predict Smoker trying to change the corrupt system from within and also giving information to Kuzan yet I can't see him forfeiting his position which gives him the information and tools to stop corrupt pirates as well.
    I would like to see him at least talk with Coby so we can know how their ideals interact and will Coby stay with the marines if he learns the dark secrets of the WG.
    Smoker is the kind of guy who would want to change the system from the inside. He gave a great speech to his G-5 crew on bad people even in the highest positions and that, I believe, is the reason why he trust that this is the way Justice is done. Although Aokiji might try to change his mind, now that he thinks that "many things become clear after leaving the marines behind", Smoker is not a messenger. He won't be giving any information to Aokiji. Neither will Aokiji want him to do that!
    Though, its possible that if he does that Akainu would probably the one who kills Smoker, I don't think he'll die. He's one of the most important characters for Oda in the Marines related to Luffy. And that goes for Tashigi too.

Oh, by the way, I'm totally hoping for a Zoro x Tashigi. Just like Boa Hancock felt for Luffy.^^

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member MSofAofCOCA's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

After Raftel. Whatever Roger did to become Pirate King, the Government was so angry that they hoped to wipe out his entire bloodline. Unlike Roger, suffering from an incurable disease, Luffy will not surrender after reaching Raftel. The World Government will instead be forced to declare war. Luffy and his allies will fight the Government and it's allies in one final battle to end the manga.
    The prison breakout was the last straw, yes, but I don't think Sengoku would switch sides so quickly since he has been putting up with the WG for a while now. ie: with the Celestial Dragons' abuse of status and Slave Auction House. He knew about those, but I don't remember him questioning/trying to change that... He seems to be a very reasonable guy, but I think his Justice allows for a little too many "necessary" casualties for him to become a good guy quickly. I don't think SH's actions have moved him too much yet. Even Smoker, who has sworn to hunt down Luffy, seems to have borderline resigned to the fact that Luffy is muddling the line between right and wrong.

Didn't Chopper say that if Luffy continues to use Gear Second/Third, he'll shorten his life span? I think his potentially depleting lifespan would be a great parallel with Roger. That, and I can kind of see Luffy allowing himself to be captured ones he's had his fun. ie: He was pretty resigned to die in Loguetown when he found that he couldn't escape.

Luffy has stated that he does not want to be a Hero, so he's not gonna go after the WG just because they're the government. He did so when CP9 took Robin and Ace was about to be executed but otherwise he hasn't outright fought with the marines. I think that if Aokiji, Garp, Sengoku and Smoker decide to eh, "rebel" against the WG/Marines, they won't do so by joining Pirates/RA. I mean, aside from SHs, most of the other strong/influential pirate crews we've seen have been... not good. Or, we still don't know too much about them to judge them. We still don't know too much of the RA's actions, so they might not be innocent and fluffy either. Taking X Drake for example, he quit the marines for unknown reasons, but he didn't join the RA or become a civilian - he decided to become a pirate and has picked fights with other pirates (Kaidou) and not just attacking the Marines. If these 4 decide to act out, i think it would be at the very end of the series or they will try to change the world in some other way, ie: fighting corruption from the inside.

Coby will probably end up on the list, unless he's been brainwashed in the last 2 years...

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity REN KOUEN's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

great thread!!!

and i would love to see these two guys join the strawhat/heart pirate alliance and stand up against the celestial dragons , even if it doesnt happen right away, i would love to see this eventually

i have a feeling we will definitely have a "celestial dragon" arc, which will feature the top dogs of the navy trying to stop luffy and others from attacking mariejois

New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast