Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 515 (2)
New Reply

Thread: Oneshot need writer

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Oneshot need writer

Any writer interested in making a story like tenjo tenge, aiki or tende freeze. It's just for practice.
    Last edited by zerh; April 22, 2013 at 06:21 PM.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Galejro's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Oneshot need writer

Well if you're thinking hentai/pron mixed with ninja-like assassins i can only help you out using Vampire the Masquerade/ World of Darkness universe. It has three assassins like clans of vampires (clan-subspecies). Just choose and I can give you leads to sources, break the ice with a general theme of the comicbook and possibly give you a simplified outline.

-Clan Kuei-jin = Asian subspecies of vampires/ it is doubted they are vampires at all although the noddist theory states they come from Caine like almost all other clan. Good assassins and ninjas, but their power mostly revolves around morphing into war forms.

-Clan Nosferatu = They are deformed and hidious in looks and can never walk among humans cause their looks itself is a voilation to the masquerade (masquerade = a law that forces vampires to hide their existance from mankind). They are however masters of stealth and can turn themselves invisible if need be.

-Clan Assamite = Now these bad boys are the thing that comes to your mind when you look at assassins creed games, a fully fledged species of vampires specialized in assassination. Some work like brutes, some like stealth and shadows and some possess the anility to change into forms of other people making them better than mr 47. They are however at an internal conflict between Islamic and Christian ones and with Clan Setite.

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

I really don't know about the vampire the masquerade, But if i were to choose i'll pick clan kuei-jin. What i really want is japan setting a high school theme supernatural power something like that....

Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Japan is fine, but highschool kids and vampires are like tea and vinegar (separately they're fine, put'em together and you make posion that will make you puke and cr..p and pi..s for a long time, and yeah I hate Rosario, and no ammount of breasts and sexual contexts that I, a heterosexual pervert XD, love are gonna fix it). Besides what is it with you people and highschools ... its like every manga/anime has a theme of learning and studying.

Making a comicbook NOT have a school motive and concentrate on say ... fixing the image of vampirism past the Twilight crisis (into accual icons of fear and dread like in my comicbook just one post beneath yours) is something original, and ORIGINAL means it captivates peoples attention and imagination. I'm saying, DON'T try to find another method, but an ALTERNATIVE to a method.
    Visit my comicbook at http://galejro.blogspot.com or my general art at http://galejro.deviantart.com

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't know know rosario and twilight (heard of it), the reason i want highschool is... i just wanted to draw classroom and student fighting.

So not highschool theme then.... If mixing vampire and highschool is that bad.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member DoctorApollo's Avatar
    Country
    Israel
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry I'm reviving a relatively dying thread. I just wanted to say that I'm having an incredibly hard time wrapping my head around the audacity of you whining about a lack of originality in other people's ideas. You do realize the story you're writing is 1) taking place in a fictional universe you did not invent, 2) using creatures that were not created by you, and most importantly, 3) those creatures are presented in the most stereotypical way they could be. I really don't see the inherent originality in making vampires dark and gritty. That's what they have literally been since their conception, it is the single least original thing a person can do with vampires. I'm not saying unoriginal stuff can't be interesting, I'm just saying that scary vampires aren't at all original. If anything, as stupid as it may be, sparkly vampires in high school is at least more "original" than vampires exactly as they've been imagined since Bram Stoker touched pen to paper. Not to mention Rosario+Vampire, which does actually have dark, gritty, and generally stereotypical vampires the way you claim to like them, (and also a lot of unique interpretations of many other creatures.) Despite that, you also seem to be insulting the originality of that, apparently because it happens to have protagonists that are attending high school. Yeah, being set in a high school does take every bit of originality from any possible idea, doesn't it...?

I'm really not trying to insult this story you seem to have put a lot of effort into, but seriously... you're hardly in a position to be boasting about originality "like in your comic." Hell, the thread starter isn't even asking for a great original story, he just wants to draw people fighting in a school. I think you could benefit from understanding that your opinions on vampires and Twilight are the same opinions of everyone else in the world, and you are not a beacon of originality for desiring to recreate their image. Wanting them to go back to exactly how they used to be is unoriginal by definition, and even if it wasn't, it's also unoriginal because pretty much everyone aside from Stephenie Meyer agrees with you.

Anyway, on topic: zerh, if you still haven't found anyone, I know quite a few writers that would probably love to work on a little project with you.

Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Than again returning to the original IS in fact something original. Take a look at art history, it was always about fatasy vs realism vs fantasy vs realism and so on (only taking different names: Christianity vs Reneisance vs Romanticism vs Modernism vs Post-modernism).We all grew up on (or at least I) the idea vampires ARE SUPPOSED TO BE griddy and evil and traturous, a symbol of fear and hate. My unoriginal idea (as you so have taken to consider it) is following a trend liked by a reich of millions upon millions of people. I mean, it can't be THAT BAD ... or maybe it's time for a change, maybe not the idea I or you like ... something completly new, or just drop the whole subject and let it die a natural death.

Besiedes DO THEY REALLY NEED TO MAKE THEM GAY of all things. It's like making Commies suddenly look like Capitalists. It kinda seems offencive to the Commies.

You are right, the Bram Stoker version is something of a cursed lens through which we can't see vampirism anywhere before his novel. To think back in the medieval times Vampires, Zombies, Witches, Ghosts, Demons, Canibals, Heretics and Satanists were ... basically the same thing. Why not use that idea.

VTM or WoD universe is actually different from what you see if you study it, even though (as it is expected of all vamp stories) it bases itself on Bram Stoker.
    -The origin of vampirsim - no viruses or pacts with devil but a divine/ biblical origin.
    -The terminology e.g. you don't say Vampire you say Kindred, you don't say human you say kine.
    -The character e.g. even this universe has gentle, emotional and kind characters you personally support and think of as original, it's called clan Toreador and Salubri, look it up, you won't regreat.
    -Clans themselves - since when do you have an actual separation of vampirism into multiple species, this is vampirism mixed with darwinism.

And again, you are RIGHT, this is not my idea in anything else than plot, and if you think about it, everything you can think of has already been invented. ALTHOUGH, I have been working on a book of my own with its own plot and history, here only based on darwinism and evolution, the progress halted after 2 chapters, the plot sucks and is against the principles of my theories on vampirism. I guess I could do far better in making a pseudo-scientific book on vampirsim biology itself.
    Last edited by Galejro; April 05, 2013 at 11:57 AM. Reason: My greatest nemesis, spelling XD
    Visit my comicbook at http://galejro.blogspot.com or my general art at http://galejro.deviantart.com

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Farfalla's Avatar
    Country
    Wallis & Futuna
    Post Thanks / Like

zerh, your art style ir really good and unique, so I hope that you can find a writer for your serie soon. Blade already gave good tips to other members, so I'm glad that he said that he knows people that can help you with that, since you and Galejro have different ideas and tastes (that don't seem to be converging) for a joint work^^ I know Galejro's work as well, and it's also quite good, so, gambate, guys!

I'd recommend you to post some of your drawings here, those you linked from dA. That would gather people's attention more easily.

New Reply