Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/14/14 - 4/20/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by kewl0210
New Reply
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9

Thread: Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai.

MH's Best Reviewer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai.

I think ending like this really can ruin a series so I'm with KingOfNight on that score. Though I'm less bothered just by virtue of the PSP VN, which you can play on PC with this whenever it comes out.

So that way I can just kind of ignore this lousy ending and enjoy picking whichever endings I want.

Which in my case are..
    • Ayase
    • Saori

Those are the love stories I personally want to read. And the knowledge that I eventually will be able to softens the blow of this ending to me quite a lot.
    Last edited by Jammin; August 19, 2013 at 09:52 AM.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for RPG fans]
    Black Haze [Esp. for Fairy Tail fans]
    Geukji High [Esp. for Kenichi fans.]
    Divine Bells [Esp. for Action/Comedy fans]
    Dragons Rioting [Esp. for Ecchi fans]

2. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member KingOfNight's Avatar
    Country
    Fire Nation
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kisame Hoshigaki View Post
    i cant say it was THAT bad

but i agree that i am a bit dissapointed

if they were truly in love, which it genuinely seemed like they were

they should stay together, that is the ultimate ending

the entire damn series has been based off of the full blown incest quasi romance

and it should have ended that way

that and as an ayase fan i feel cheated because
    Spoiler show

Oh, I can't say we hate the same thing.

To me, this was NEVER an incest anime. It was just a man getting close to his little sister, not necessarily in a romantic way, but just an older brother treating his little sister like he should. So these three episode to me, where so bad I almost committed suicide after finishing them.

But...we both are disappointed about Ayase. And who the heck was that stalker chasing her. They can't just end the series like that.

Kisame, you read the LN, tell me, is this where it ends? Or is there some hope for a new season ?

And by the way, where do you read it anyway ?

---------- Post added at 08:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:19 PM ----------

Oh, and Jammin. When does the game come out? Or is it already out but each route comes separately?

Because I sure as hell would love me some Ayase and Saori route as well. They are my favorite two girls after all.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity REN KOUEN's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

nope i stopped reading the LN at volume 10 specifically because i didnt want to spoil the anime ending

MH's Best Reviewer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KingOfNight View Post
    Oh, I can't say we hate the same thing.

To me, this was NEVER an incest anime. It was just a man getting close to his little sister, not necessarily in a romantic way, but just an older brother treating his little sister like he should. So these three episode to me, where so bad I almost committed suicide after finishing them.

But...we both are disappointed about Ayase. And who the heck was that stalker chasing her. They can't just end the series like that.

Kisame, you read the LN, tell me, is this where it ends? Or is there some hope for a new season ?

And by the way, where do you read it anyway ?

---------- Post added at 08:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:19 PM ----------

Oh, and Jammin. When does the game come out? Or is it already out but each route comes separately?

Because I sure as hell would love me some Ayase and Saori route as well. They are my favorite two girls after all.
    It's a fan translation of a game that's already out in japan so it's hard to say how long it will be until it's fully complete. They seem to release it in patches. Right now I believe the patch translates the common route(which is the part of the story that's the same before it branches out into girl path specific stuff) and the Kuroneko route. Bit's and pieces of the other routes are translated and can actually be viewed on the groups youtube channel.

In terms of time frame for the Ayase and Saori paths I can only guess but from looking at the progress updates on the site. That being said it looks to me like we can expect Ayase's route relatively soon (as it seems to be fully translated). Saori will probably be a while since it's only at 19.5%. But that's just me guessing.
    Last edited by Jammin; August 19, 2013 at 11:55 AM.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for RPG fans]
    Black Haze [Esp. for Fairy Tail fans]
    Geukji High [Esp. for Kenichi fans.]
    Divine Bells [Esp. for Action/Comedy fans]
    Dragons Rioting [Esp. for Ecchi fans]

6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Uchuujin 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Definitely a nice way to ruin a series in the last three minutes I thought the incest route was quite daring and while I was rooting for a Kuroneko (or Ayase/Manami) ending, I would have been fine with this. "Funny weirdness until the end, you have to hand it to the author for taking such a risky route" I thought, but by going back to normal siblings they really undermined the other girls. The problem is that we don't have a clue about what happens afterwards or if (and what) exactly the anime changed. If they go back to being lovers when they have full control of their own life, it would be fine. Pretty twisted but fine. If they really gave up on their new relationship forever, it just makes no sense. Maybe in a more dramatic, and somehow romantic way, a la "I love you and I have to tell everyone else, going out with some of the others would be like betraying myself bla bla.... let us enjoy the short dream, bury it deep inside afterwards, and try to forget about it". Very basic but I hope you get what I mean. Still very twisted and sad but at least somehow believable and in accordance to the story.

That would have required at least 5 more episodes though. The ending felt so rushed, like Haku said the whole deal with Saori and her sister + Kanako felt way too bland and leaving Ayase out of all of this was weird too. More episodes were so needed for this to be a good ending, they should have done a two cour right from the beginning.
    Oh well, at least the bitchfight between Kirino and Manami was awesome, as well as her speech afterwards. That's when I thought I could live with this ending but damn.... I will just pretend that weird promise never existed and face the fact of Kirino x Kyousuke. Still sad and not what I hoped for, but that way I can somehow live with the ending.

8. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Skyguardian's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

The only thing I can calmly say is, that I wholeheartedly agree with niichan here.

At first I was really grossed out because I'm not a friend of this incest stuff. But okay I could live with it after a while because I just have to support true love... I believed everything they said. I mean Kyouske basically abandoned everything he accomplished with the other girls over the past years. He threw everything away. Once again he had to shout that he loved his little sister. "So be it then" was the conclusion I arrived at. But after that my bullshit-o-meter exploded.
    Throwing everything away... for nothing? Going against the whole world was the idea no? All of that even though the siblings KNEW they would give up?
    I just don't buy it... Playing lovers yeah right... As if nobody in the audience had noticed that they DO love each other...

I fail to see any sense here. I lost every bit of respect I had for Kyousuke as a character. Crushing the hearts of so many girls for basically nothing. The moment he told Kuroneko the bad news with that reasoning...
    Skipping parts like the time Ayase and Kyousuke dated or rushing the whole Kuroneko-arc are one thing. Trolling a lot of fans with that kind of nonsense is another.
    I just ignore everything that happened after the kiss and accept the twisted incest love as the ending for this show. That may be weird yeah but it's still better than getting trolled with an ending that ruined a whole show in merely three minutes for me.

PS: The fight between Manami and Kirino was great. Although I still think that Kirino should've spend more time on growing up than playing Eroge... I mean even some grade schoolers are more mature than her...
    Manami said what nobody else wanted to... The damn truth... And after she went out of her way and even had such a scary look on her face, Kyousuke still managed to break her... Unforgivable...

PS2: If only they had animated the Visual Novel and used the "Kirino is adopted" route but no... <.<
    Last edited by Skyguardian; August 20, 2013 at 08:39 AM.

10. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity REN KOUEN's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I wish they would release an ova for each different girls route/ ending

that would give me some peace

still a great anime, but this ending dropped it from potentially the greatest romcom of all time to

above average, still great but not legendary
    Last edited by REN KOUEN; August 21, 2013 at 03:36 PM.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Skyguardian's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

After reading those two posts on MAL:

http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topici...60#msg24490901
    http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topici...00#msg24514523

I changed my opinion a bit. If that what was written there is true, then I can live with the ending. Changing the last kiss from a lovers kiss to one on the cheek because of something like that really is annoying and just BS.

All in all it is a complete Kirino ending so I guess they'll continue with this relationship. Ordinary siblings my ass.

So be it then. May those two be happy for eternity, although in secret... :/

Spoiler show

I also read something about the "10 Years Reunion" bonus novel, which apparently was rather disappointing but oh well.

13. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
New Reply
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9