Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 600 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 126

Thread: Secret behind Blackbeard's dual DFs?

  1. #31
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Razh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Country
    Croatia
    Age
    29
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    7,210
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Secret behind Blackbeard's dual DFs?

    What doesn't make sense is him hunting for fruit users. Is he taking those powers for himself or is he giving them to his crew? Because, if he's giving them to his crew, it means it's not about his logia, but about the procedure he did on WB that had to be hidden from the views with a large shroud. It could mean that people who see what he does could duplicate it.

    Heh
    Prediction: Dragon will appear on Fishman Island!
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!


    (thank you pupil "fuck you razh" -> made me lol)

  2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  3. #32
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Country
    Belgium
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Secret behind Blackbeard's dual DFs?

    Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    I could actually see Luffy giving the mera mera no mi to someone who he thought was worthy of it, similar to how he gave Nami his hat to wear despite the attachment. It could be Luffy's way of saying how much he likes the person or accepts him. Would be a great symbolism, next to letting someone else wear his hat for a while.
    Hhhmmm interesting I did not know Oda wanted to create a main character with 'silly' abilities. And as for the giving away the Mera Mera fruit to someone worthy, there might actually be something there. Then I'd go on a limp and say he might give the fruit to Shanks in return for him eating the Gomu Gomu fruit. Wild guess but I can't see Luffy giving the fruit to one of the crew.

  4. #33
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Posts
    19,000
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Secret behind Blackbeard's dual DFs?

    Quote Originally Posted by Azuma View Post
    No, Blackbeard was introduced in Jaya for the first time. Luffy didn't even know he was Blackbeard until they met in Impel Down.

    I think Nami asking Luffy and Zoro if he has companions is a red herring to make the scene more ambigious. Him having a crew or not would have been rather irrelevant for them if you think about it . Quite frankly, I don't even see why they would respond by saying that he has a crew. If you interpret it as they saying he has a crew, a paraphrased scene would be something like this, which makes little sense:

    Nami: He probably knows something about the Sky Island.
    Zoro & Luffy: Don't know. It's not a "he" though, he has companions.

    It is far more logical that they corrected her when she assumed that he's one person, to me at least, and in line with the direction of the conversation.
    What he is saying is that the BB pirates were first mentioned on drum island (they were the ones who almost destroyed the island and wapo flee) but they were first actually seen at java.

  5. #34
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Country
    Sweden
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    743
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Secret behind Blackbeard's dual DFs?

    Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    What he is saying is that the BB pirates were first mentioned on drum island (they were the ones who almost destroyed the island and wapo flee) but they were first actually seen at java.
    Ah, I completely forgot about that! Well regardless, Luffy and Zoro were unaware of who they were and I still find it completely illogical that they would tell Nami that it's not a "he" but a "they" in response.

    To illustrate my point, let's say that you, together with a friend, is a tourist in some random country and you want to ask someone for directions. You spot someone, who happens to be with a few other people, and tell your friend "Let's go ask that guy. Maybe he can tell us where to find xxx". I seriously doubt your friend (or anyone in general for that matter) would reply "It's not a 'he', it's a 'they" simply because that person happens to be in a group. It is completely irrelevant for your motive.

  6. #35
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Avid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    97
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Secret behind Blackbeard's dual DFs?

    My theory that they recognized him is wrong.

    That said. I understand what you're saying Azuma, but it doesn't really explain their intensity towards him. Why would they behave that way just because he genuinely applauded them? And if they could tell he had some interesting body why didn't Luffy seem intrigued like he usually is? So many things about this scene just don't fit, but it's totally possible they just got a vibe from him that said bad pirate captain.

  7. #36
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Country
    Sweden
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    743
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Secret behind Blackbeard's dual DFs?

    Quote Originally Posted by Avid View Post
    My theory that they recognized him is wrong.

    That said. I understand what you're saying Azuma, but it doesn't really explain their intensity towards him. Why would they behave that way just because he genuinely applauded them? And if they could tell he had some interesting body why didn't Luffy seem intrigued like he usually is? So many things about this scene just don't fit, but it's totally possible they just got a vibe from him that said bad pirate captain.
    Could you elaborate on the bolded part? I'm not fully aware of what you are referring to.

  8. #37
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Avid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    97
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Secret behind Blackbeard's dual DFs?

    The intensity they had.

  9. #38
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Country
    Sweden
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    743
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Secret behind Blackbeard's dual DFs?

    Quote Originally Posted by Avid View Post
    The intensity they had.
    I was referring to you talking about their behavior.

  10. #39
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member MBVC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    The Eternal Winter Palace
    Country
    Bouvet Island
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    831
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Secret behind Blackbeard's dual DFs?

    Quote Originally Posted by Razh View Post
    What doesn't make sense is him hunting for fruit users. Is he taking those powers for himself or is he giving them to his crew? Because, if he's giving them to his crew, it means it's not about his logia, but about the procedure he did on WB that had to be hidden from the views with a large shroud. It could mean that people who see what he does could duplicate it.
    Finally someone mentions this!

    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


    I'm not sure why people believe in what Marco said, he just made a guess and he was wrong about his guess, that's all. You should remember that BB lied about his true strength hence how did Marco know his secret?

    ---------- Post added at 06:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:19 PM ----------

    Btw, if BB is shown to have 4 different df power then I guess that 3 skulls theory is out for good.

    Even gods could not be absolutely certain whether they existed at the most fundamental level of reality or were themselves simulated.

  11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  12. #40
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Country
    Sweden
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    743
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Secret behind Blackbeard's dual DFs?

    Quote Originally Posted by Razh View Post
    What doesn't make sense is him hunting for fruit users. Is he taking those powers for himself or is he giving them to his crew? Because, if he's giving them to his crew, it means it's not about his logia, but about the procedure he did on WB that had to be hidden from the views with a large shroud. It could mean that people who see what he does could duplicate it.
    That did cross my mind, but the thing that speaks against it, i't seem to be one of the n my opinion, is that Blackbeard would be the one to come up. He doesn't seem like he would have the scientific insight to come up with this instead of Vegapunk, for example, whose intelligence has been hyped for so long.

    It's also possible that the shtroud was thrown over Whitebeard not to reveal it immediately. He did, after all, talk about giving the whole world a 'huge show' a few times. The effect would partially have been ruined if everyone had seen him in the process.

    Regardless, what does seem to speak against the theory is that Blackbeard seems to be able to transfer DF powers to his own crew. The question, however, is if he is giving each of them only one at most, or if others can carry more than one as well. There's also the distinction about having two DF powers and eating two DFs. The former would perhaps not necessarily lead to the implosion of the person.

    I don't think Marco lied/was mistaken. Given how long Teach had been in the Whitebeard crew (since prior to Gol D. Roger's death) they probably knew each other pretty well, even though they didn't know about his real motives.

  13. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  14. #41
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member MBVC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    The Eternal Winter Palace
    Country
    Bouvet Island
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    831
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Secret behind Blackbeard's dual DFs?

    "I don't think Marco lied/was mistaken. Given how long Teach had been in the Whitebeard crew (since prior to Gol D. Roger's death) they probably knew each other pretty well, even though they didn't know about his real motives"

    It is true if and only if BB told Marco his secret but I'm not sure BB is that type of person. I think everyone except Shanks underestimated BB true potential.

    Even gods could not be absolutely certain whether they existed at the most fundamental level of reality or were themselves simulated.

  15. #42
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Country
    Sweden
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    743
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Secret behind Blackbeard's dual DFs?

    Quote Originally Posted by MBVC View Post
    "I don't think Marco lied/was mistaken. Given how long Teach had been in the Whitebeard crew (since prior to Gol D. Roger's death) they probably knew each other pretty well, even though they didn't know about his real motives"

    It is true if and only if BB told Marco his secret but I'm not sure BB is that type of person. I think everyone except Shanks underestimated BB true potential.
    There are other ways of that happening. Perhaps Teach got injured in his younger days and they noticed it for themselves whilst treating him. We're not really in a position to dismiss possible theories just yet.

  16. #43
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member MBVC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    The Eternal Winter Palace
    Country
    Bouvet Island
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    831
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Secret behind Blackbeard's dual DFs?

    Fair enough; anyway I think Moria's shadow df suits BB's combinations really well because he can switch his shadow to take the damages and his shadow can fight along with him too.

    Even gods could not be absolutely certain whether they existed at the most fundamental level of reality or were themselves simulated.

  17. #44
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Razh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Country
    Croatia
    Age
    29
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    7,210
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Secret behind Blackbeard's dual DFs?

    Quote Originally Posted by Azuma View Post
    That did cross my mind, but the thing that speaks against it, i't seem to be one of the n my opinion, is that Blackbeard would be the one to come up. He doesn't seem like he would have the scientific insight to come up with this instead of Vegapunk, for example, whose intelligence has been hyped for so long.
    There's nothing speaking against it, really. For one thing, Blackbeard doesn't seem like a guy who would read anything, and yet he studied about DF well enough to be able to recognize the fruit he was looking for at first sight. We don't know anything about his past. Since he's a D, it's possible he knows things that normal people aren't aware of. Especially if some kind of knowledge about DF was kept in his lineage. He had to have parents and at least one of them was a D.
    Besides, how would he even be aware that he can extract devil fruits with his darkness logia in the first place if he' didn't have any kind of insight?


    For now, it's just a possibility, but if it turns out he's giving DF powers to his crew, then it almost certainly means it's not related to his logia. Untill then, we can only guess. Covering WB's body like that makes no sense if only the person who controls darkness logia can extract a DF from a dead body. Why bother with it?

    Heh
    Prediction: Dragon will appear on Fishman Island!
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!


    (thank you pupil "fuck you razh" -> made me lol)

  18. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  19. #45
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Country
    Sweden
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    743
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Secret behind Blackbeard's dual DFs?

    Quote Originally Posted by Razh View Post
    There's nothing speaking against it, really. For one thing, Blackbeard doesn't seem like a guy who would read anything, and yet he studied about DF well enough to be able to recognize the fruit he was looking for at first sight. We don't know anything about his past. Since he's a D, it's possible he knows things that normal people aren't aware of. Especially if some kind of knowledge about DF was kept in his lineage. He had to have parents and at least one of them was a D.
    Besides, how would he even be aware that he can extract devil fruits with his darkness logia in the first place if he' didn't have any kind of insight?


    For now, it's just a possibility, but if it turns out he's giving DF powers to his crew, then it almost certainly means it's not related to his logia. Untill then, we can only guess. Covering WB's body like that makes no sense if only the person who controls darkness logia can extract a DF from a dead body. Why bother with it?
    Fair enough. Nothing about Teach can be dismissed at this point. However, as I stated earlier, Blackbeard had been talking quite a bit about putting on a show in front of the world. After he took Whitebeard's powers, he said something like 'Now, let's begin the show!'. Thus, him covering Whitebeard whilst drawing out his powers could simply have been a way for him to build up suspense and not reveal it until the end. It could thus still be his Logia. Perhaps it can extract the DF abilities, which wouldn't be too far-fetched seeing as it can pull DF users towards him because of it.

    On the other hand, it seemed like they were acting on a rumor. One of his crew said something like "Do we disband if this doesn't work?" which suggests that it could indeed be some method Blackbeard had been told about.

New Reply
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts